ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 5:51 am

Post by ZazieR »

Mysterious Mystery Man wrote:
In post 56, you state that that would make the name claiming plan useless. What exactly was it that made you go from supporting the plan to disapproving of the plan?
I was considering the claim because I thought it could help root out fakeclaims. That has since been disproved.
Psst, MMM, wanna hear a secret?
You stated at the end of page 2 that nameclaiming now could help against fakeclaims in the future. You're not gonna believe what I'm gonna tell you next. On that same page, Parama is already fighting that plan as it's stated that it doesn't help against fakeclaims. Even better, one of those posts is right above said post of yours.
So why state back there that it's still a good plan, but later on disagree with it?

On-going games in which he has flipped?

And I'd like to hear an elaboration why you think that voting someone based upon one scumtell is scummy.

Last, your thought of Soc's reason for voting MPR?
Ignore the ''R''
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 6:33 am

Post by RestFermata »

ZazieR wrote:In post 53, you're elaborating on the bit of modquoting there. The way I read it, you're saying that you can understand why Ani confirmed wrong the first time due to Battou asking for a specific way to confirm. Is this correct?
Also, in the second bit of that same post, you stated that you considered mentioning the rolename claiming plan in the same post where you commented on Soc's claiming thingy. You choose not to do it. What was the reason behind that?
1.) Yes, that is correct. I was toying with the idea of whether or not his failure to confirm properly might say something about his alignment, but I didn't want to get into it because it might be borderline against the rules. I guess you could say I was kind of thinking out loud.

2.) Like I said before, I'm not really sure. I know that's not a great answer, but it's an honest one. I don't remember feeling like I ignored the question. Sometimes I have a tendency to respond to one thing at a time.

I'm getting a townie vibe from Zazie, so I'm going to take off my random vote.
Unvote

ani, what the heck? Why are you giving hints of your role? Do you think that griping about your role is somehow beneficial to the town? Then in the same post you rail against "setup speculation." Sounds forced to me. The reason town as a rule doesn't like setup speculation is because it can end up giving information to scum, just like complaining about a role that you don't like.

Zazie, good catch on MMM. Something to keep an eye out for.

I'm comfortable with either one of those wagons at the moment, but I'll withhold my vote for now.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 6:41 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'm griping about a failure on my part to understand who the roles were going to. Also, complaiing about my role name =/= setup speculation
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 6:43 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

MMM, how many times did you just contradict yourself?
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:28 am

Post by PranaDevil »

ZazieR wrote:Parama
*ahem*

However I do agree with the post (beyond the botch of my name), and it didn't really dawn on me until you pointed out how strange it was. Will need to keep a closer eye on things this game it would appear.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Mysterious Mystery Man »

ZazieR wrote:
Mysterious Mystery Man wrote:
In post 56, you state that that would make the name claiming plan useless. What exactly was it that made you go from supporting the plan to disapproving of the plan?
I was considering the claim because I thought it could help root out fakeclaims. That has since been disproved.
Psst, MMM, wanna hear a secret?
You stated at the end of page 2 that nameclaiming now could help against fakeclaims in the future. You're not gonna believe what I'm gonna tell you next. On that same page, Parama is already fighting that plan as it's stated that it doesn't help against fakeclaims. Even better, one of those posts is right above said post of yours.
So why state back there that it's still a good plan, but later on disagree with it?
Don't see the problem here. PranaDevil raised a theory. I stated my opinion on the issue at hand. Later, I was convinced otherwise.

On-going games in which he has flipped?
Do you have a better meta?

And I'd like to hear an elaboration why you think that voting someone based upon one scumtell is scummy.
Because it's not a case. Everyone makes mistakes. I don't lay down a vote unless I'm pretty sure that person is scum. If you play differently, fine. But my way is valid.

Last, your thought of Soc's reason for voting MPR?
Looks like busing to me. The fact he unvoted so quickly shows a complete turn-around.
MMM, how many times did you just contradict yourself?
Good, you almost did some scumhunting there! Just a few things: you want to provide what are called examples, so people can actually respond to what you're saying. Also, only going after people who are already taking heat is called bandwagoning, it's scummy.
Also known as: cheater_1
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 8:13 am

Post by RestFermata »

No, it's not the same thing, ani. But it is considered bad for the same reason...a waste of time and possibly more information for scum.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 8:20 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Yes, I do always act like this as town, read large normals 112 or 113.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 9:42 am

MehPlusRawr wrote:Yes, I do always act like this as town, read large normals 112 or 113.
Still not an excuse for it, though.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

Mysterious Mystery Man
-5- hp [leaves], MehPlusRawr, xvart, Socrates, ZazieR
animorpherv1
-3- PranaDevil, Shotty to the Body, flashstorm
PranaDevil
-1- animorpherv1
hp [leaves]
-1- hasdgfas
Socrates
-1- Mysterious Mystery Man

Not Voting
: RestFermata

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Socrates »

MMM wrote:Unvote, vote Socrates

I'm guessing Soc and MPR are scum. Soc starts off with some busing, but switches targets to save his buddy when given the opportunity.
Wow what a flip-flop! You originally called me scummy because I was attacking an easy target, and now you say I was bussing?

and I switched targets to save my buddy? From what? I was the only vote! For, like, 2 hours!
MMM wrote:Not so. Voting someone based off of one scumtell is scummy.
I'm sorry? You are going to have to explain this one.

Or don't. You're scum so I don't care.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Socrates »

Zazie wrote:Because it would lead to a discussion point. For town, it will be used to determine if it's likely a town role or a scum role and if you should be lynched for it (Can also due for being an anti-town role, see miller). Scum on the other hand would very likely know if you're telling the truth or if you're lying. If you're not with them (Very likely telling the truth), they can look at a way to use the claim in their advantage. This is even more likely as you're saying that if you use it correctly, something good happens. But that something bad happens if used wrong.
Hence, I prefer more information before a claim.
Ok. I accept that explanation. I've decided not to claim anyway.
Zazie wrote:Here's the thing. First off, you agree that the way you determined those 'teams' isn't the best proof ever. Secondly, let's say that one of them has flipped scum and another has flipped town. What's the allignment of the last remaining player of a selected 'team'? What you posted doesn't show anything of that kind.
Basically, it's just fluff.
As for the part of 'I might not have bothered posting this if the game went faster', I don't like it. For the simple reason that you also posted two other things that could lead to discussion. Also, I wouldn't have liked any disussion based on this for the above reasons.
Focusing only on the cases where an idea is not useful is a pretty bad way of evaluating things Zazie. What if two of those players flip scum? I can pretty safely say that the third one is town. Will it always be useful? No, but it certainly can be.
flashstorm
flashstorm
Goon
flashstorm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:30 am

Post by flashstorm »

Because I never liked being lynvhed.
Since when is L-3 a lynch? Or even a point to be worried about a lynch?

Reread to come.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Socrates »

This thread needs moar Cow.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:59 am

Socrates wrote:
MMM wrote:Unvote, vote Socrates

I'm guessing Soc and MPR are scum. Soc starts off with some busing, but switches targets to save his buddy when given the opportunity.
Wow what a flip-flop! You originally called me scummy because I was attacking an easy target, and now you say I was bussing?

and I switched targets to save my buddy? From what? I was the only vote! For, like, 2 hours!
MMM wrote:Not so. Voting someone based off of one scumtell is scummy.
I'm sorry? You are going to have to explain this one.

Or don't. You're scum so I don't care.
Well, even if you don't care, I'm going to make my position clear.

I am voting you because you switched in your opinion of MPR when I said that going after easy targets was scummy. You could've pointed out why you thought MPR was scum. You could've explained why you thought it was good to lynch a VI. But your response was to declare me scum, and your previous suspect town.

And voting someone based on a single tell is bad play. We all make mistakes. There needs to be a pattern of scumminess.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

@FS:

I probably did freak out a bit early, but since in the begining of the game, the votes just piled up on me, I thought it could possibly happen again.

@RF:

I disagree.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

MMM(I think) wrote:How do you get that from your previous posts? I'm defending MPR, so I'm scum, he's more likely to be scum.
Oh dear. If you're town, you should not answer like this. Ever. Because town knows they're not scum, so shouldn't have to state clauses of what them being scum would mean.
vote: MMM

Secondly, @MMM: Please do not respond to someone's post inside a quote. It makes it really hard to read the post.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Hmm. I think MMM's latest vote is last ditch effort of scum to move votes off his sinking ship. He started the game with a lot of mindless posts, doing what ani did except in a more active lurking fashion. He's only grown more serious in scum-hunting as the wagon has built up. This could simply be a natural ramp-up from RVS, but it's still more suspicious to me than Soc.

unvote vote MMM
L-1
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Fucking A, simulpost you have to be kidding me.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Shotty to the Body wrote:Fucking A, simulpost you have to be kidding me.
>.< I checked
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

If he's a PR....
flashstorm
flashstorm
Goon
flashstorm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by flashstorm »

I have a sinking feeling that simupost wasnt actually a simupost.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:13 pm

You can see we posted at the same minute....
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Shotty to the Body wrote:You can see we posted at the same minute....
I know a Firefox addon that refreshes the page every 15 seconds and tells you if anything on it changed. With that, it would be quite possible to "accidentally" post in the same minute. All the same, you're probably telling the truth.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:16 pm

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:You can see we posted at the same minute....
I know a Firefox addon that refreshes the page every 15 seconds and tells you if anything on it changed. With that, it would be quite possible to "accidentally" post in the same minute. All the same, you're probably telling the truth.
I use Safari anyways.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”