animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

LOL, just at the moment he gets banned indefinatley.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

animorpherv1 wrote:LOL, just at the moment he gets banned indefinatley.
?
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:LOL, just at the moment he gets banned indefinatley.
?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 81#2293881
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Socrates »

You have got to be kidding me.

MMM better come up scum or I am going to tear my hair out.

*drowns in self doubt*

FYI: if he does, both Ani and MPR are probably town. I would look at Cow, Shotty, RestFermata and Pranadevil as a good starting point for scum buddies.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Socrates »

Also, if he does flip town everyone better please go read mafia 958 and don't repeat the mistakes of that town. (Oddly, both Shotty and Has were in that game...:|)
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:55 pm

I was going to bring that game up. =\
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Socrates wrote:Also, if he does flip town everyone better please go read mafia 958 and don't repeat the mistakes of that town. (Oddly, both Shotty and Has were in that game...:|)

I agree with this. That game was incredibly awful, let's not repeat that. (and it's not that odd, we know each other IRL, so we're going to join games together).

Although I'm going to be honest, I'm not disappointed he's lynched. I voted him, which meant I was ok with him lynched, just always sucks when it's a simul.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Let's hope for the best, then.

You know, I'm just going to go ahead and claim because I'm afraid we don't have enough information going into N1 and I don't want to hurt the town. I know this seems weird claiming in twilight, but I planned to claim soon (see post 42 for my crumb on that, disguised as advice to Socrates...note the italics), depending on how things panned out. I was hoping I wouldn't have to claim, and that my role could benefit the town and maybe pick off a few scum, but I'm afraid it'll backfire because I don't think I've come off as the strongest town player and I doubt the scum would target me anyway. It would seem more likely I'd get investigated or whatever and then BOOM.

I am Oscar Wilde, and I guess my role would be commonly called Paranoid Gun Owner. I'm scared that the Marquess of Queensberry (look it up if you want) will find me in Purgatory, so I will shoot the first person that visits me each night.

I hope this isn't too late. Oh, and I left a breadcrumb of my rolename in my first post as well with a classic Wilde quote.

"I don't know what the Queensberry rules are, but the Oscar Wilde rule is to shoot on sight." - Oscar Wilde
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Socrates »

How does the mod determine who the first person to visit you at night is?
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by RestFermata »

There is usually an order of resolution that the mod decides. A doctor for example is going to protect before the mafia kills, otherwise the doctor would be useless, but I think the mafia kill is usually pretty early on the list, correct me if I'm wrong. I was hoping I might strike a balance, seeming just town enough that I wouldn't be investigated, but town enough that the mafia might kill me. There was also the issue of not wanting to be protected, so I didn't want to seem TOO town. I thought maybe the mafia would try to out-WIFOM the possible doctor and try and hit their secondary target. But I feel like I failed at that, and it was too much guesswork anyway. I can't read anyone's minds and I don't know the roles.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Socrates wrote:How does the mod determine who the first person to visit you at night is?
^this

And you only shoot one person a night :?:
that, honestly, doesn't make sense flavorfully OR mechanically.

I am not a fan of the early claim though, honestly. I feel like it's completely undermined any usefulness of the role. Why not give it one night?

bleh, feels like a town claim though, still gives me an uneasy feeling.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by RestFermata »

I shoot the first person that targets me. If no one targets me, I shoot no one.

What do you mean, it doesn't fit flavor-wise? Are you saying that Oscar Wilde doesn't scream "PGO"? You said earlier you didn't think there was any rhyme or reason.

I did want to give it one night. I really did, but I feel that I didn't do a good enough job of attracting the mafia. I suspect they'd have wanted to keep me around, because I feel like I came off kind of lurkish and scummy. The thing is, if I kill any townie, it's definitely some sort of power role, and I think if I were to have killed anyone tonight it would have been exactly that, a town-aligned power role.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

RestFermata wrote:I'm scared that the Marquess of Queensberry (look it up if you want) will find me in Purgatory, so I will shoot the first person that visits me each night.
You're scared someone will find you, but you only shoot one person a night. It doesn't make sense to me.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by RestFermata »

You can take that one up with the mod, I guess. It ain't an exact quote, but that's what it says. Personally, I think it's a balance issue.I have a feeling this game has quite a few power roles. I could conceivably swing the balance of the entire game in one night if I blindly mowed down everyone who targeted me.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 5:05 pm

I don't see any reason to disbelieve the claim right now, it's odd, but not totally outrageous in a theme game.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

hasdgfas wrote: bleh, feels like a town claim though, still gives me an uneasy feeling.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by Socrates »

Oh god I fucked up with my role. I'm going to be a miller tonight. I shoulda claimed =.=
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by hp [leaves] »

Well, if MMM flips scum, this is going to be LEGEN-

wait for it

-DARY!

Simullynch is not awesome, though.

/watching too much MIMYM
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

Mysterious Mystery Man
-6- hp [leaves], MehPlusRawr, xvart, Socrates, ZazieR, Shotty to the Body
animorpherv1
-2- PranaDevil, flashstorm
PranaDevil
-1- animorpherv1
hp [leaves]
-1- hasdgfas
Socrates
-1- Mysterious Mystery Man

Not Voting
: RestFermata

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Rule 14
flashstorm
flashstorm
Goon
flashstorm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by flashstorm »

This is effed up. I need to sleep on this.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Post by hp [leaves] »

has forgot to unvote hahahaha :DD

now this is awesome

Mod please replace MMM as he is banned indefinitely
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Hold on a minute...

Soc, you've been talking about your role all game without saying it (I really don't want you to either, and feel RF shouldn't have either).

There's since been some suspicion of you, and now you're telling everyone you're going to be a miller tonight? That doesn't fly with me, that sounds like you're trying to give a reason for a cop not to investigate you, or for you to have a reason that you come up scum if a cop did do so.

I don't like either of those reasons. Especially as if you had questions about the role you could have PM'd the mod and asked, rather than outright not knowing.

FoS: Socrates

If we were on almost any other forum I would point out the simul post as being curious (as preview can be used) but considering MS seems to have this lovely tendancy to go wonky at random intervals, it's impossible to really tell.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 3:01 am

Post by ZazieR »

uhm, oops?
Sorry Prana >.<

Anyway, in response to MMM...
First of all, the part regarding the nameclaiming. There was discussion about wether we should do it or not. Prana brought up early that any rolename could fit any role in a very detailed version, including an example. You still thought it was a good idea, though you gave it a condition. Then Cow comes in, states again that it doesn't work and suddenly you're convinced that it doesn't work?
I really am interested how an undetailed (Is this a word?) could convince you better over a detailed explanation. Because I don't see how it could.

Secondly, the meta question if MPR had flipped in those ongoing games was only to see if he had. Because if he hadn't, it would be useless. (Eventhough it's always the case as you may not discuss ongoing games)
However, the best part about this comes in post 108. Here, MMM states that it's not an excuse. Yet who brought it up to call MPR a VI? (For those too lazy to check, it was MMM himself) Who's using it as an excuse again?

Last, the part of MMM stating that using one scumtell is scummy itself. Hypocrite. For a detailed version, look at his Soc vote. It was all based upon Soc attacking an 'easy target'. Yet now that somebody is using one scumtell to attack him, it's scummy. But when he does it, it's not? Yeah right.

Though I also liked the part where he goes after MPR, whom is now called scummy after he started to attack MMM, instead of being a VI.
I'm not going to say it to please Soc :P
Soc luckily brought it up, only in a different way.

Also, Soc, I'm apparently missing something. When did you state that you think MPR is town? I couldn't see it, yet MMM is stating it in an 'attack' against you.
Good example of MMM twisting words.

@Shotty
You were suspicious of Soc (post 117)? Since when? And why?

As stated earlier, somebody besides MMM was slowly getting my attention.
HP, I hope you are fine to wait a day for the whip, mhmmm?
Two reasons:
-When I stated it earlier, I wanted to wait to see what HP would do. In the post I saw from him, he didn't address the nameclaiming anymore. Which caught my attention as before that, it was announced that bringing the nameclaiming up would be seen as scummy. That's why I decided to wait. Because HP was in favor for a nameclaim, yet if he wouldn't bring it up, the nameclaiming wouldn't happen. I'd expect from HP-town to try and get the nameclaiming done as he thinks it helps town. Yet, nothing. Do, explain.
-HP is one of the players on the MMM-wagon. He's one of the three players who voted during the RVS against MMM. The others being xvart and MPR. MPR commented on the suspicion raised against MMM, though it was little. Xvart hasn't been online. Leaving HP. Twice commented afterwards. One to comment on the simulpost-lynch. The second time that it was a fluke due to Cow forgetting to unvote. I'm interested in hearing why he hasn't commented on anything regarding MMM, while keeping his RVS vote against MMM.
Ignore the ''R''
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:03 am

He wanted to claim some sort of miller role D1 which makes him suspicious, but I don't believe he's scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”