Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Kdub wrote:Chrono, any reason for your HoS?

Not really, just that you're marked as player #1, thus at the top of the 'wouldn't mind seeing dead' list. I'd be willing to vote any of those 6.

HoS Antifinity
HoS Thatguy00
HoS Bill1148
HoS dramonic
HoS MPR

Vote Count:

No wagons today.

Not Voting:

AdumbroDeus
Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie
Devotress
dramonic
Glork
JPSalazar
KDub
MehPlusRawr
thatguy00
wolframnhart

Lynch:

7 votes.

Deadline:

June 15th - 9:00 PM EST
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 5:31 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Kdub, you seem to be inferring that the music dude makes it so you can't attack. That's hardly a defense.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:24 am

Post by JPSalazar »

@Mod: Leave of Absence, 4 days. Graduating College tomorrow (Sunday), then Graduating from Federal Emergency Training Tuesday, and Wednesday have to go appear at the Secretary of State's Office for final approval for the formation of a political advocacy group and transfer my credentials as a Reverend over into the State of Illinois.

It may be possible for me to pop in and out during these few days, but I want to make it know. Please acknowledge.

@Anyone who might care to say congrats: Thanks for your congratulations in advance. Receiving my Bachelor's of Science in Computer Information Systems, minor in Theatre.

The Emergency Training is the last portion of a study of Criminal Justice studies but without the degree (it was offered while I was still working for the Government, so hell, I took it). Doesn't mean much, except in the event the world were to go to hell in a handbasket, I'd be one of the people working insanely to save people (Lord help us all...).

And congratulations to anyone else who might have graduated recently or will be soon.

And that's the end of my off-topic post.
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Today, he would become a real American hero."- Kise
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:29 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Congrats, JP!
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Glork »

Been busy.... will possibly be busy through Mem Day Weekend. Dones't look like I've missed much, though.

MehPlusRawr is someone I wouldn't mind putting pressure on.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I'm dead but I just wanted to say Grats. "returns to being dead"
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by bv310 »

^Same. Sorry to intrude from beyond the grave, but that deserves a proper congratulations.

Congratulations, JP!
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Congrats JP

--

Taking a quick break from study, read the last few pages again. I don't get why, if we have two possible scum groups (Marilis etc, and Scarmiglione, barbiccia etc.), assuming that Kise didn't mix and match, why we only had the vig kill last night.

--

One possibility is that Kdub is actually scum, possible even the RB, the RB targeted DTM, vig killed DTM, doc (if we have one) protected the scum group's kill target (or was elementally immune), and because DTM can't contradict him, is claiming RB'd for town cred. /
baseless
speculation
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Chronopie »

EBWOP: Kise is a flavour junky, so i doubt he'd mix and match.

EBWOP2: Kdub is actually scum (on the only scum team) <- for clarity of speculation.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Kdub »

Meh:
It wasn't meant to be a defense, I was just explaining what Curse does in the game. As for your reason for HoSing me, it's not really something I can defend against since it's entirely speculative and not based on anything I have said or done at all.

Chrono:
When I asked you why you HoSed me, I was trying to find out why you found me suspicious, not just why you chose me over the others. It's been pointed out that you have not previously indicated any suspicion of me, and in fact have indicated quite a bit of suspicion of others who are suddenly on even ground with me on your scumlist.

Your speculation doesn't hold up. If you believe that Kise wouldn't mix flavors and that there is only one scum team, then you must necessarily believe that the one scum team is the original four fiends (given bv's flip). None of those four would fit with the brown cloaked figure responsible for the music, so the cloaked figure can't be a part of the scum team. So if you think that I am scum, your idea about me faking being targeted by the music doesn't work.

Note that I haven't said whether I was roleblocked or not, only that I was hit with the music from the cloaked figure. Revealing whether the PM said I was blocked or not would reveal whether or not I have a night action, which is probably what the scum want me to do.

I am starting to think the "drowned" kill might not be a vig, but is actually Cagnazzo performing the kill for his faction. That would explain bv's death. If "reduced to nothing" is Barbariccia, the lack of a second kill on N2 (due to either blocking or protection) could explain why that group switched to Cagnazzo to perform the kills.

Another thing to consider is that none of the eight fiends (in total) are lightning elemental, so where is "electrocuted" coming from? Balance-wise, 8 scum in a 22 player game seems like a bit much, unless the town has a LOT of power.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Fair enough on the kill flavours, but why would the mafia hit DTM? he would've been prime mislynch material.

Still doesn't explain the lack of a second kill. And Kraken could =drowned.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Kdub »

So Kraken killed his own scum team member?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Point, I keep forgetting that.

Alright, so if we go with two scum team theory, being Lich, Kraken, Marilis, and Tiamat (who would fit the electrocuted kill flavour), and Scarmiglione, Barbariccia, Cagnazzo, and Rubicante.

Why was there only one kill N2 and N4? and where's the doom coming from D2/3/4?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Also, that would leave us with 7 living scum, v.s 5 Town (4 if Sk = doom). Does seem imbalanced.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by Antifinity »

I doubt each team has all four. I think it is more likely they would be on one "monster" team vs "villain" team, or something like that.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:52 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Antifinity wrote:I doubt each team has all four. I think it is more likely they would be on one "monster" team vs "villain" team, or something like that.
What does this mean, I don't understand. Clarify thx.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 12:55 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Kdub wrote:
AdumbroDeus wrote:I hate that I was ignored yesterday, I did point out that Kjuta's flavor certainly had that possibility.
I don't really like this post. It sounds like you are trying to get town credit that really isn't deserved. Yes, you pointed out that the flavor was possible, but in the same post, you followed that up with:
AdumbroDeus wrote:Not saying that Prana isn't acting ridiculously scummy and shouldn't be lynched ASAP, but just wanted to point it out.
So if you wanted him lynched regardless of the flavor, you can't complain about people ignoring your pointing out the possibility that the flavor was true.

FoS: Adumbro

As I explained in the Inn my suspicions of DMT were stronger, hence I preferred him lynched in general.

The point of that post was:

"Why are you guys flying off the handle? Yeah, she's scummy, but the flavor which was the reason you guys are flying off the handle could be true, so we need to think about this calmly and rationally and get a full FoS vote BEFORE we start voting".

I suspected Prana before that, I said as much before, and that incident did not change my opinions in regards to Prana, nothing in my post suggests otherwise.

The doom counter ridiculously punishes impulse voting, when we impulse vote, scum wins, what's so difficult about that to understand?

dramonic wrote:Adum, you are starting to bore me. Your "case", if it can even be called that, holds no weight when it was by town consensus agreed that Prana's claim was crap.

Are you familiar with the principle of LAL?

I generally agree, but my concern was that you shoved it in our face.

While I certainly am annoyed that this got done before I got a chance to say, "the flavor fits", the major issue is that you FORCED town to lynch prana before town could fully decide, going against our established strategy.

Especially since the other candidate was a lier too.

thatguy00 wrote:Adum, I think it was discussed rather thoroughly during the day, yesterday that is, I guess Dram did kind of shove us into it, I didn't get a chance to vote for Prana but I was willing to do it nonetheless.

Who are you looking at as far as scum goes, Adum? We can discuss it through the day phase today.
The thing is, we had two good candidates, and while Glork had made his decision, the rest of town had not.

We have going against an established plan by the entire town in order to set town on an impulse lynch choice. Isn't that what scum's entire objective is?

I think Dram is scum.
MehPlusRawr seems to be doing just enough to avoid attention, slight scum read.
Glork changed from obvious town to mostly town because he went along with Dram's lynch push.
Kdub I'm unsure of, could go either way.
Bill1148 I get a slight town read atm, mostly because he stuck with the plan.

Note: I'm on V/LA until I get my laptop cord back.

Oh and congrats JP.
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:29 am

Post by bill1148 »

JPSalazar wrote:The
lurker
alert works for me. They aren't helping much in the game.

FoS: MehPlusRawr
Which would include you, Meh, thatguy, and wolf (wolf has seemlingly disappeared too)
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:30 am

Post by bill1148 »

bill1148 wrote:
JPSalazar wrote:The
lurker
alert works for me. They aren't helping much in the game.

FoS: MehPlusRawr
Which would include you, Meh, thatguy, and wolf (wolf has
seemlingly
disappeared too)
*seemingly
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Glork »

Chronopie wrote:Also, that would leave us with 7 living scum, v.s 5 Town (4 if Sk = doom). Does seem imbalanced.
If this is the case, I will once again point out that the scum's best strategy is actually to crosskill.

It's funny, in every single game with multiple scumgroups, the town gets fucked over, then neither scumgroup wants to crosskill early. They'd rather play an endgame craphsoot, which is almost always a mostly-random coinflip (Will the last townie sway this way or that way?). Then the losing scumgroup professes that they played well but got unlucky, while the winning scumgroup claims they won on pure skill, and that not killing the other scumgroup was the best strategy.

Ceratinly BV's scumgroup must crosskill to bring the numbers back to even in terms of scums.

Also, I don't think 4+4 is unbalanced. Keep in mind that there are 8-9 dead towns, and 1-2 dead scums. Overall, we've played rather poorly (unless Iece was scum, in which case we're.... only playing slightly poorly).

I'm still convinced that lurkerhunting is the way to go. I looked back over D1 for any and every mentioning of BV, and didn't find much.
-- BV made an actual case against Antifinity, and jumped on the Zodiark wagon. Slightly lessens the chances that Anti/BV were scum together.
-- At one point, somoene was going after Zodiark for the lurky thing, and Wolframnhart pointed out that BV has been lurking in this game and posting elsewhere, and hadn't gotten any attention for it. WRH is probably not in BV's scumgroup.

D2, not much either:
-- Chorno's "BV lurker alert" post -- pointed out that in 27 pages, BV had seven posts (most of which were Pages 1/2 during early Dram/Summon flavor discussion)
-- Conveniently, IMMEDIATELY AFTER Chrono's HoS, BV posts. I don't get the "staged" feeling but the "oh fuck, someone found me" feeling. Chrono is probably not in BV's scumgroup.
-- Glork goes "BV must die"

Other things to keep in mind:
-- Glork blinded twice, almost certainly by Kraken -- NOT in BV's scumgroup.
-- Wolfram blinded D2, almost certainly by Kraken - NOT in BV's scumgroup
-- KDub blinded D3, almost certainly by Kraken -- if the scums blinded one of their own, it would have been here (D3 fits expected pattern, and KDub had just garnered the Glork deathwish). I'll give it a slight "not in BV's scumgroup" but am not willing to do much more than that.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Glork »

MehPlusRawr's iso.

Almost certainly scum. Analysis forthcoming.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Glork »

Note: Going to use "Post counts" here, so I'm starting with 0, not 1.

Post 0: Death Miller Believable
Post 1: Iece scum.

Now, I'm willing to believe that someone could genuinely be scumhunting and flipflop. Afterall, Devo and I did the exact same thing. What trips me up here is that he specifically calls DeathMiller believable, then in Post 2, he lists "Death Miller claim" as being one of the reasons for Iece being "obvious scum." This kind of flip-flopping is... just bad.

Post 2: "Oops," needs to read/post.

Post 3: "Keep forgetting to post" and "Let's wait on Iece" post. Still irritates me. I still believe that if you think someone's scum, you should want them dead now, not later. There is never an excuse for keeping scum alive. He also asks for a summary on the Zodiark case.

It is worth noting at this point that this is FOURTEEN pages into the game, with MPR having made FOUR posts. One of those posts was an "I'm lurking" post, and in the other three the only person he's actually expressed ANY suspicion of is Iece, which he backed off of for a bad reason.

ZERO legit scumhunting whatsoever up to this point.

His only other post on D1 was to piggyback KDub's "why did you go on V/LA here and sign up for another game?" question.

So, D1 summary of MPR's play:
Iece DeathMiller is believable
Iece Octo/Ink/DeathMiller = scum
I'm lurking
I'm lurking. Let's wait on Iece. What's up w/Zodiark?
What's up w/Zodiark?

Nothing. Absolutely NOTHING else on a
two-week, seventeen-page D1

Now, Day Two.

Post 5: Asking about the Tidus thing, weak vote on Prana (trying to imply that Prana knew what was up with Doom/Starbuck, when nobody knew and Starbuck hadn't posted her Doom status yet), and a useless throwaway "facepalm" comment. More nothing.

Post 6 & 7: Piggyback a rolefishing comment by someone else, directed at Anti. Then asks about the "Unfortunately" clause in Prana's post. More non-scumhunting that almost looks like scumhunting.

Post 8: The ever-so-worthless "Nice IIoA" post (directed at Anti).

Post 9: V/LA. (Funny... seems like he's been on V/LA for the vast majority of the game to this point.)

Post 10: Here we actually have something to work with. First he comments on the Anti rolefishing wagon and laments that it went away. (Note: Wishing a quick wagon hadn't gone away is scummy.) Then he goes back to Prana. There is some gold to be found here.
1) He "doesn't know" what Prana's analysis of Iece's claim means. Prana suggests that Iece may have been joking about the Ultros/DM claim.
2) Accuses Prana of IIoA -- after JUST COMMENTING ON PRANA'S ANALYSIS OF IECE'S DEATH MILLER CLAIM.
3) Attacks WORD CHOICE of all things. For some reason MPR is really hooked on Prana's "unfortunately" comment, as if scum would publicly say they hoped people would share information. (Protip: 99% of scums aren't stupid to say "I wish Anti's rolefishing had worked" out loud.)
4) Attacking Prana for the doom thing. I can kind of sort of understand how MPR might have thought Prana knew about Doom beforehand, but the comment that gets me is when MPR says that Prana's ending of the doomcounter is "without a doubt scummiest thing" of the game. That's beyond ridiculous. Was it stupid? Possibly. Probably, even. But the evidence that MPR presents is purely and utterly circumstantial and speculative in nature, so there is NO way that it's the scummiest thing. The only way I could see MPR even REMOTELY believing what he wrote is the fact that he hasn't done a goddamned bit of scumhunting up to this point. I guess it's the scummiest thing he's read, if he hasn't done one worthwhile thing over the course of D1 and D2.

Post 11 is a followup to Prana's response. Not much either way here.

Post 12, back from V/LA.

Post 13: "Prana wagon going nowhere" coincides with "his posting is less scummy at the moment." Jumps back to his other apparent default suspicion, Antifinity.

Note that, again... up to this point, the only people WRM has made (or followed) ANY attacks about are Iece (probable DeathMiller/Town), Zodiark (Town), Prana (Town), commenting on Starbuck after her death, and Anti.
Not once
in this first Day-And-A-Half does he mention
three quarters of the entire playerlist

Post 14: Town read on Iece, "need
to reread" Prana. Still no scumhunting anywhere else.

THAT CONCLUDES D2.

Post 15: FoSes Prana for "Still as scummy as yesterday." But wait a second. In his last post, didn't MPR just say he needed to re-read Prana? Where was that re-read? What came out of it? MPR's behavior towards Prana is proof enough that he is scum:
-- The ONLY actual case he presents is against Prana after some kind of Iso.
-- But as soon as the wagon dies down, Prana is "less scummy."
-- Then he needs to reread Prana. Why? You already ISO'd Prana once.
-- Then he FoSes Prana the next day for being "just as scummy" as before.... but "just as scummy" is.... "less scummy"?

Dude's making up shit as he goes along, because he doesn't have anything else to say about the game, because he's just skirting by so he can survive.

Post 17: HOLY FUCK HE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE. "JP vote is dumb." Piggyback's Glork's case on KDub. Prana's still scummy. And Anti is still scummy.
Soooooo.... he said something about JP and KDub, but both of them were just echoing what other people had already said.
Conclusion: Still no attempt to play the game or find scum or help the town win.
Follow-Up Conclusion: Still very, very, very obviously scum.

Post 18, nothing noteworthy

Post 19: Responds to KDub. "Glork's reasons" for voting KDub. Prana and Anti have been scummy. More general facepalming at DTM.

Post 20: Responds to DTM without actually saying anything

Post 21: Prana vote, no addtional comment.

Post 22: "Why me" when JP attacks him for lurkerness. Boring obvscum deflection.

Post 23/24: "KDub admitted to probably being blocked, and there was one less kill tonight. HoS!" NEWSFLASH. If the scum kill got blocked, they probably wouldn't say "HEY GUYS, I GOT ROLEBLOCKED LAST NIGHT WHEN THERE WASN'T A KILL."

So yeah.
UnFoS
FoS, HoS, FaceoS, Gigantic Flashing Sign of Lights oS: MehPlusRawr

You skated by for three days without doing jack shit. You STILL haven't said a damned thing about Devo, Glork, Chrono, Worse/Thatguy, Bill, Dram, FC/Adumbro, or Wolfram.

You have done NOTHING to help find scum. You have put ZERO effort into aiding the town in this game.

You have only made an original case against ONE player, and just sheeped suspicion onto KDub, Anti, and general facepalming at JP/DTM.

You are scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Glork »

FYI, JP, Chrono, and Glork are now
HoS
ing MPR.

Four more and we have a lynch.

It's fucking go time, guys.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 9:35 am

Post by bill1148 »

Forgive me for not quoting Glork's post as I'm in a bit of a rush but: I'll agree with Glork's excellent analysis of Meh. He's been way too wagony and has lurked too much, which is somewhat similar to how bv played earllier this game (the only scum we 100% know for sure to have hit).
FOS: Meh

Glork, what are your thoughts on the "Reduced to Nothing" and Doom? I theorized earlier that both of these belonged to a SK, while Electrocution belongs to Mafia and Drowned belongs to our Vig.

Also, I apologize that haven't been as "posty" as I was earlier in the game, but I'm being run ragged at school these last few weeks, and with finals coming up, it won't get any easier for me. I should be able to be more consistently active around mid to late June.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Glork »

It could be an SK, or it could be a mafia. Honestly, I don't think we have any way of knowing one way or another at this time.

Right now, I'm just focusing on finding the most likely scums and getting rid of them. I do think this town has been a bit wagony in nature, and tends to go after the most "obvious" blunder, rather than looking deeper into the issues here. I still think Anti is a less likely scum candidate (especially in light of my Meh analysis), but there are clearly players who are getting overlooked, and the people who are choosing to overlook them are probably their bedfellows.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”