Newbie 962 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun May 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by GroupThink »

Cove was replaced as well; are you intentionally leaving him out?

vote Cove
You never pass a test of faith.
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Mon May 31, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by GroupThink »

Cove wrote:Now that that's over, GroupThink's vote is precarious and he needs to respond to my statement about its correlation to his first statement.

Unvote

Vote: GroupThink
Overreacting already? Was my random vote, brought on by Kleedrac's hypocrisy, really that much more "precarious" than your vote to end town discussion in your very first post of the game?

AQUA wrote:How about you answer the questions yourself, sir.
I second this ammendment.

kindred_spirit wrote:because that would most likely be me

i'm very reserved in posting for many reasons one i usually don't understand half of what other people are saying.
eg. i'm playing another game ona different site and everyone is going on about how such and such is mafia due to what they have said and i just don't get it. which is why i'm here to try and learn
You and me both.
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:36 pm

Post by GroupThink »

Cove wrote:
GroupThink wrote: Overreacting already?
You're the one overreacting, hate to tell you.
How so?
Cove wrote:Also, if I was trying to stifle town discussion, why have I answered the questions while you haven't?
Because you're a hypocrite, voting not to answer questions but backpedaling to fit in.

Kleedrac wrote:This is my first game here though I've played on somethingawful forums and such. I am a little concerned by the three week deadline on day 1 as I can't help but think it will promote ignoring the thread for 2.5 weeks :P
No one is going to want to drop the hammer before the deadline
and anyone on the block will try to promote weeks worth of conversation. Is this normal for this site? The FAQ listed the average length of a newbie game 3 weeks or did that mean day 1?
I disagree.

Robocopter87 wrote:1. Where you from?
2. Coke or Pepsi?
3. Are you nervous?
4. Whats your playstyle?And if you've never played before what would you do in a panicky situation?
5. Are you excited to play?
6. Lynch all lurkers?
7. Lynch all Liars?
1. Dogtown, USA
2. Toilet water
3. Somewhat, but it's natural
4. I like to sniff around alot
5. My tail's waggin
6. Only if they're scum
7. I prefer Lynch All Hypocrites
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:02 am

Post by GroupThink »

Remy wrote:Anyway, I am simply looking for SOME reason to vote for a person at this point. Isn't that what we are all trying to do? Otherwise it is just a lengthy lottery. I don't see how looking for some evidence to use against a person when I place my vote (you called it "jump[ing] out at people") would point to me being scum. Townies are constantly looking for any bit of evidence to use in a conviction, if they want to lynch the right people and win the game.
I want to win the game.
unvote; vote Remy

AQUA wrote:6. Honestly no, unless the mafia is retarded and can't read, then they aren't going to lurk when a lot of people are saying "lynch lurkers".
They're also going to read everything else you post and adjust accordingly.

kindred_spirit wrote:GT ur answers to robo's question's were not cool everyone else has answered properly. then you come along and makes a joke of it. i would really like for you answer the questions properly as everyone else has.
lol
Robocopter87 wrote:In other words, I think your not being very wise with your voting power. Please provide a case on group.
"He didn't answer the questions right..!" "He's being shady and mysterious..!" "He doesn't drink Coke...!" It gets old.
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by GroupThink »

This is absolutely ridiculous. My life won't become any less entertaining because you put "pressure" votes on me. I'm sorry. That and I have to get familiarized with all your avatars again because I could've sworn Robo was NKd on his birthday...
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:39 am

Post by GroupThink »

vrtra wrote:Will post tomorrow, studying tonight. Finals >_>
Robo, do everyone a favor and stop being a douche.
Do you have anything to say about my absence?
unvote; vote Vrtra
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:50 am

Post by GroupThink »

vrtra wrote:Personally, I don't find any players in this game annoying, a lot of posting does not equate to annoyance unless they are one-line stupid posts.
I'm guilty of that sometimes. I don't necessarily think they're stupid, but alot of my posts tend to be one-lined.

AKnottedRope wrote:
GroupThink wrote:Cove was replaced as well; are you intentionally leaving him out?

vote Cove
This
seems
a little defensive to me. Why are you reacting like this to a random vote?
Why input the term "seems"? So you can backpedal later on for lack of expressed initial confidence? Why are you so alarmed by my random vote on Cove but no one else's random vote on anyone else?

GroupThink wrote:This is absolutely ridiculous. My life won't become any less entertaining because you put "pressure" votes on me. I'm sorry. That and I have to get familiarized with all your avatars again because I could've sworn Robo was NKd on his birthday...
Robo
was
NKd on his birthday, and they killed me, too, the turds. Vanilla Townie.
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:58 am

Post by GroupThink »

They killed us; both of us.
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by GroupThink »

Prolly shouldn't link ongoing games, but that's what my Wiki's for.

I also forgot to mention in reply to Cove's accusation that my "meta" indicated a shift in aligment. If he was really serious with his accusations, he would've noticed that the game in question was one I started before I signed up for this one, and, therefore, had and has my full attention. Apparently, he wasn't serious, though.

That appears to be the only reason for my lynch.
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by GroupThink »

I claimed back in 202. Vanilla Townie. And I can tell you who the scum are if I'm lynched and we get a NK.
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by GroupThink »

vrtra wrote:Hey everyone, I am one of your 2 SE's.
I take it this means you're competent enough to stay off a mislynch D1 as scum? Would that be proper play?

vrtra wrote:2. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke.
(Scummy)

AKnottedRope wrote:I put it there because that's what your action seemed like. This is a huge stretch.
Well that's what your response was - a stretch - and I knew no way to answer it.
GroupThink wrote:Prolly shouldn't link ongoing games, but that's what my Wiki's for.

I also forgot to mention in reply to Cove's accusation that my "meta" indicated a shift in aligment. If he was really serious with his accusations, he would've noticed that the game in question was one I started before I signed up for this one, and, therefore, had and has my full attention. Apparently, he wasn't serious, though.

That appears to be the only reason for my lynch.
Is this the only reason for my lynch?
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Post by GroupThink »

vrtra wrote:
Mod: Please replace me.

Life is just much too hectic for this game right now, hopefully my replacement will be able to devote adequate time for this game.
I didn't know you could voluntarily ask for a replacement. Maybe I should do that in all my other games.

vrtra wrote:I liked playing scum last game
Sorry you couldn't be scum this time around.
AKnottedRope wrote:
GT wrote:Is this the only reason for my lynch?
No, it's not.

The reasons for your lynch include:

Incessant lurking

A flippant attitude towards the game

A disregard towards questions and votes directed at you
Thinking robo got NK'd (which you still haven't explained)
Your meta points to you being active when you're town

Any other questions?
Incessant lurking isn't a reason for a lynch; it's a reason for a replacement. Flippant attitudes, or the perception thereof, aren't indicative of alignments; they're not even indicative of personalities. I replaced into too many and my main one's only just now ending.

I wouldn't call my lack of response disregard anymoreso than you'd accuse someone of withholding information after a mentally ill youth has impetuously run up and quacked at them, leaving them speechless. And Robo
was
NKd...and I was lynched. And RE:Meta - it points to me being more active when I'm active. At that time, I'd signed up for one game - when I entered this one, I'd signed up for six. Do the math regarding divided attention and whatnot.

Yes
- 1: Which of the following do you believe to be more closely tied to Vrtra, alignment-wise: Remy, Kleedrac, or Cove?
GroupThink wrote:Well that's what your response was - a stretch
I still stand by this.
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:58 am

Post by GroupThink »

vrtra wrote:AKR seems like the best vote right now, because of his interactions/reactions with Robo and posting style.
@AKR - Do you think it's plausible for you and Robo to look like scum right now?

vrtra wrote:AKR is looking pretty bad to me right now. Mainly, he places a FoS on Robo for not voting beyond the RVS stage on page 4. A mafia would try to incite a lot of voting around so it would be easier for him to slip through the cracks and provide vague defense for votes hastily put on him. It is a good way to gauge how the town is. While this isn't a lot of necessarily verifiable and textbook material, it's my own experience from what I've seen / read.
Then, he overreacts to a point made by Robo asking him (AKR) and Cove to tone it down a little bit by saying "toning it down= not scumhunting" which isn't what he was saying at all.
@AKR - Do you know if anyone else on my wagon agrees with these sentiments?
AKnottedRope wrote:None of the above. If you happen to flip town, my suspicions would lie with a Vrtra-kindred scumteam.
Why Vrtra? Did you notice what I said about him not being scum this time around?
GroupThink wrote:Incessant lurking isn't a reason for a lynch; it's a reason for a replacement.
@AKR - Do you think we should lynch the rest of the playerlist simply because they're not posting right now?
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by GroupThink »

Scum are Vrtra and AKnottedRope. Coming back with why.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”