Newbie 962 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tidher
Tidher
Townie
Tidher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Tidher »

AKnottedRope wrote:...*snip*...

Tidher
Can you do a more in-depth post on your thoughts on the game since page one? You've been here long enough to read it and think about it (even given your V/LA)
Can do, and I've got opinions, just not the time to write them up. Will be making a more detailed post after I get back from V/LA. Apologies to all, but exams come first. ;-)
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Cove »

I don`t even know where to start with this. Robocopter is just all kinds of wrong and that is it. There is no way that playing the style of game he is talking about will help anybody. I can't even read his "case" against AKR because I'd have to switch back and forth between AKR's ISO and his post to be able to see if I agree or not.

I don't like that he brings up points as being townie when he's building a case against someone either. Get on one side of the fence.

GroupThink has a high probability of being scum because he's been chainsaw defended, and his wagon hasn't grown past 2 people. On top of the fact that he's not contributing.

Robo is just plain anti-town. What he is spouting doesn't help the town and only will lead to a deadline lynch if people play like he proposes.
Remy
Remy
Townie
Remy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Remy »

AKnottedRope wrote:
Remy
You're leaning scum on GT but where is your vote? Yes, I know you said you don't like to vote without a strong case, but I don't think GT will come out from whatever hole he crawled in unless we give him reason to. Put pressure on him please, maybe he'll stop lurking.
I can do that. Posting has slowed down a lot in the past couple of days so I'm getting nothing new to analyze, and since GT is not posting (even in his own defense) I have even more reason to think he is scum.

Vote: GroupThink
vrtra
vrtra
Goon
vrtra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by vrtra »

AKR wrote: Why would you "urge the town" to do something that you could just as easily do yourself? This doesn't sit right for me. It sounds like you're trying to give the appearance of scumhunting. I could see something like this coming from scum because it's harder to do an analysis of an argument like mine and robo's if you're not a part of the town and therefore know our alignments already. EGMEOY
Why WOULDN'T I want the town to be thinking and analyzing major events in this thread (and yes, those were major events this early in the game) and make their own opinions about them? It seems like you are trying to discourage the rest of the town to do some analyzing? And no, it isn't harder to do an analysis if you know someone's alignment.
What does EGEMOY mean?
Show
The personification of chaos

Role: W/L
Town: 1/0
Scum: 1/0
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

But why don't YOU do it instead? Why are you asking the town to do your work for you?

And that's supposed to be IGMEOY, meaning I've got my eye on you
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
*Ocarina of Time Mafia... Yeah....
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Alright, Sorry I would have posted but I haven't had a chance. Finals and school just suck.

First of all, I have to object to some points and make a question.

Vrtra, you really think I planned a big fight pregame? Seriously, I know that if I was to plan a fight it would be minor and wouldn't lead to my or my partners death. Which that argument was headed for. I literally wanted AKR dead. Just take your idea into perspective, ask yourself, would that really be a smart thing to do as scum? I'm an IC and played in plenty of games and never have seen Scum fights like that. Though one time I had a big fight as scum against a townie but It was different. I wasn't using cases just AtE.

Second, Cove,
Cove wrote: Robo is just plain anti-town. What he is spouting doesn't help the town and only will lead to a deadline lynch if people play like he proposes.
Why am I plain anti town?
What do you mean by "What he is spouting doesn't help the town" . Like what are you referring to with spouting?
I thought the, " Making cases with legit evidence" was a pretty good idea. It works. I mean, what is so bad about that? How does it get us a deadline lynch? I don't think you undertsand how long three weeks is. Three weeks is plenty of time to get a case built up.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:13 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Robo wrote:I'm an IC and played in plenty of games and never have seen Scum fights like that.
Stop using your IC status as a pretext for setting yourself up over everyone else, it's annoying as hell.
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I'm an IC and played in plenty of games and never have seen Scum fights like that.
AKR you totally missed my point like usual but If you really feel I'm putting myself above you then.
I've played in plenty of games and never have seen Scum fights like that.

And AKR, Im sure your
so
much better than all of us.[/sarcasm]

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

AKR wrote: Robo You never answered my question about what "NFTOVABC" means.
Thats the frikkin point. I set it up, you do it, I say I told you so. But luckily, you didn't do it thus I didn't say I told you so. Its actually a pretty neat move when you try and get reactions. You say IWTGARFH(I want to get a reaction from him/her) and then when they totally flip out you can legally with backup say you were looking for a reaction. Try it sometime.

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

AKnottedRope
(2) - vrtra, Robocopter87
kindred_spirit
(0)
GroupThink
(3) - Cove, AKnottedRope, Remy
Kleedrac
(0)
Remy
(1) - GroupThink
Tidher
(0)
vrtra
(0)
Cove
(1) - Kleedrac
Robocopter87
(0)

Not voting
(2) - kindred_spirit, Tidher

With 9 alive, 5 votes will achieve a lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is
June 20th

Prodding GroupThink.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:16 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Robocopter87 wrote:
AKR wrote: Robo You never answered my question about what "NFTOVABC" means.
Thats the frikkin point. I set it up, you do it, I say I told you so. But luckily, you didn't do it thus I didn't say I told you so. Its actually a pretty neat move when you try and get reactions. You say IWTGARFH(I want to get a reaction from him/her) and then when they totally flip out you can legally with backup say you were looking for a reaction. Try it sometime.
Um, what? I just asked you what NFTOVABC means, as I really don't know what the acronym stands for... Get off your high horse and stop slinging mud.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:18 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Also, I'm not trying to say that I know what I'm doing any more than anyone else in this game, but to use your IC status to put others down is not in the spirit of a newbie game at all.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

You totally missed the point again.

The point of the acronym was that NOBODY knew what it meant but was there as evidence. For instance, I predicted you would vote me. So I said,
N
ow
F
or
T
he
O
MGUS
V
ote
A
nd
B
ad
C
ase.

Now, In hindsight I regret saying bad case and am sorry. but I was expecting a vote on me.

The point of it being unknown was so the person couldn't preplan a lie. NFTOVABC wasn't a specific acronym and no one here knew what it meant. I'm not Slinging mud, stop saying that! Just listen for once, now that you know why you misintrepreted what I did, do you understand? Same as the Kleed thing, now that you learned why your wrong, back off.

Oh, and its put Another down. Its single. I have only put you down.

Why Am I even talking to you anyway? I asked questions to Cove and Vrtra. Not you.

AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

robo wrote:Oh, and its put Another down. Its single. I have only put you down.

Why Am I even talking to you anyway? I asked questions to Cove and Vrtra. Not you.
[quote=""Being a good IC" on the wiki"]Rude, unhelpful, and/or inattentive ICs do not provide a good experience for players, new or old. Attacking someone is part of the game, but that should be tempered with civility.[/quote]

Please think about the things you say, robo.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by GroupThink »

This is absolutely ridiculous. My life won't become any less entertaining because you put "pressure" votes on me. I'm sorry. That and I have to get familiarized with all your avatars again because I could've sworn Robo was NKd on his birthday...
You never pass a test of faith.
vrtra
vrtra
Goon
vrtra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by vrtra »

Will post tomorrow, studying tonight. Finals >_>
Robo, do everyone a favor and stop being a douche.
Show
The personification of chaos

Role: W/L
Town: 1/0
Scum: 1/0
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

GroupThink wrote:This is absolutely ridiculous. My life won't become any less entertaining because you put "pressure" votes on me. I'm sorry. That and I have to get familiarized with all your avatars again because I could've sworn Robo was NKd on his birthday...
Ok wow, there's a tell in here somewhere and I don't know if it's town or scum. First, we haven't even been through a night yet. Second, why did you think robo got NKed?

From the perspective of GT being scum, a Robo kill could have been what he and his scumbuddy planned before today (if the scumteam can talk before the day, can they?) as killing the IC would be a good scum tactic.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Cove »

GroupThink: Wut?

Robocopter87: You are spouting crap about building cases and not to suspect anybody without "solid" evidence. In 99% of mafia games you will never have solid evidence. You definitely won't get it without placing votes first. I don't see anything solid in your "case" against AKR, and on top of that I saw you wrote points about posts that gained TOWNIE and NULL points. Why did you include those?

People need to know that it is pro-town to start getting their votes being put to use, not with-holding them until scum jumps into your lap:

See Here

THose of you not voting GroupThink: Why aren't you?
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:34 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

People I want to hear from: Kleedrac, Kindred, Tidher (I know you're on VLA, I still want to hear from you when you get back).

To you all:

1) Why aren't you voting GT?
2) Do you think someone is scummier than GT?
3) What are your thoughts on the rest of the game as a whole?

Klee
Why do you still have a vote on Cove?

Kindred
You haven't said much at all this game, why?

Tidher
Um, hi. Big post please.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Cove wrote: Robocopter87: You are spouting crap about building cases and not to suspect anybody without "solid" evidence. In 99% of mafia games you will never have solid evidence. You definitely won't get it without placing votes first. I don't see anything solid in your "case" against AKR, and on top of that I saw you wrote points about posts that gained TOWNIE and NULL points. Why did you include those?
Because it was an ISO. You read EVERY single one of their posts even the ones that are townie like. I don't see a big solid case coming from you and you seem to think I'm scum pretty badly with the anger. Who do you think is scum?
Vrtra wrote: Robo, do everyone a favor and stop being a douche.
I'm sorry I'm coming off that way I'm usually pretty humourous and happy. But its becoming increasingly annoying that whenever I say something, AKR answers. I didn't ask AKR his opinions, I was talking to you and Cove, yet he answered.

Leading me to my next point,
What was your answer? I can quote the question here,
Robo wrote: Vrtra, you really think I planned a big fight pregame? Seriously, I know that if I was to plan a fight it would be minor and wouldn't lead to my or my partners death. Which that argument was headed for. I literally wanted AKR dead. Just take your idea into perspective, ask yourself, would that really be a smart thing to do as scum? I'm an IC and played in plenty of games and never have seen Scum fights like that. Though one time I had a big fight as scum against a townie but It was different. I wasn't using cases just AtE.
I said this and something to Cove and AKR went and started answering to stuff. I just wish he would answer things addressed to him. And to stop posting to just to post.
AKR wrote: 1) Why aren't you voting GT?
1) Because he is town.
2) Yes, You.
3) Getting pretty annoying in general. but hey, When theres Mafia around someones bound to get PO'd lol

Tidher
Tidher
Townie
Tidher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Tidher »

Right, just about
back from V/LA
. Currently completely shattered from a marathon 36 hour revision/exam binge (sleep is under-rated), so will be holding out on my detailed post until tomorrow. I'm not lurking, I'm not dodging the questions, just putting them off until I have time to answer them properly rather than posting naff one line responses.

So yeah...it'll be up sometime tomorrow (UK time). Not posting any sort of vague thoughts yet as I want to explain them fully rather than have people question or query them. Suffice to say, I've got a vote I'm pretty happy with ready to put down depending on what happens between now and tomorrow.

G'night all, I'll see you when I awaken from my slumber.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:07 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Robo, why do you think GT is town?
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:13 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

robo wrote:1) Because he is town.
2) Yes, You.
3) Getting pretty annoying in general. but hey, When theres Mafia around someones bound to get PO'd lol
I was just asking this to Klee, kindred, and tidher. Stop being hypocritical.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

AKR wrote: Robo, why do you think GT is town?
A reasonable question, heres why.
GT wrote: This is absolutely ridiculous. My life won't become any less entertaining because you put "pressure" votes on me. I'm sorry. That and I have to get familiarized with all your avatars again because I could've sworn Robo was NKd on his birthday...
Though I don't get why he added NK'ed on my birthday which I'm pretty sure did happen lol

Oh, and this,
GT wrote:
Robocopter87 wrote:In other words, I think your not being very wise with your voting power. Please provide a case on group.
"He didn't answer the questions right..!" "He's being shady and mysterious..!" "He doesn't drink Coke...!" It gets old.
The only problem I have with GT is his lack of post. I understand why people see the scum in him but I must say, GTs meta proves time and time again that he is just naturally scummy. I'm not saying hes town because of his Meta I'm saying that Meta is just one of the reasons I think he is town.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

AKR wrote:
To you all:

1) Why aren't you voting GT?
I thought you meant everyone when you said ALL. Maybe not. But I can legally say that I had the right to answer to the words, "To you all". And by saying I'm hypocrtical is not only just provoking a fight, because thats all that is doing but just proving that I was right. if I'm being hypocrtical that means that I was right in order to be hypocrtical. Just sayin'

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”