Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Amished »

StrangerCoug,
bulletproof mafia goon
has been lynched (
by Neto, Ythan, and MacavityLock
).

Night ends 72 hours from this post.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Amished »

Ythan
Town Jailkeeper
has been blown up.

Not voting (3): MacavityLock, Cyberbob, Netopalis

Deadline is in 3 weeks

No, my name is not "Ed."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Netopalis »

Well, crap.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Alright. Before I say anything else: ML, any result on Bob?
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Why would he have a result on me? I was the one being jailed, remember?

I'm a little surprised that you were willing to expose yourself with that kill, to be honest. No matter, your behaviour over the last few days (realtime) has been really really really obviously scum.

Vote: Netopalis
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Netopalis »

I misspoke. I meant any result on me.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Oh, BTW, Cyberbob - Can I ask you to please lift that vote until we hear from ML? I realize that I'm likely gone today, but I do have something I want to clear up before you two decide.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Amished »

Votecount 6-1

Netopalis (1): Cyberbob

Not Voting: Netopalis, MacavityLock

Happy Birthday Neto

No, my name is not "Ed."
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Vote: Neto
. Looks like Ythan did in fact block the kill all 3 nights.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Well, brilliant. Good game, ML. Congrats on your win.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Amished »

Netopalis has been lynched, he was a vanilla townie

MacavityLock, StrangerCoug and DiamondCrash, the Mafia, have won

Setup:
Mafia:
StrangerCoug - Bulletproof
MacavityLock - Encryptor
DiamondCrash - Goon

Town:
maxwellhouse, Ophanim, Apayah, xvart, Dizzle - Vanilla (Ended up being Netopalis and lukepukeduke instead of maxwell and Apayah, respectively)
Sidekick - Jailkeeper (Ythan)
Cyberbob - Even-night Vig
Chevre - Watcher
dramonic - Miller

(backup) Mod thoughts:
After losing a goon early, I thought it was going to be hard for the scumteam to come back. SCoug and Macavity dodged enough suspicion and allowed the town to basically crumble on itself even though they had prevented 3 scum NK's in a row. I have no idea how they made so many mislynches happen, the replacements I think helped them since luke didn't post much and was an easy mislynch candidate. Dizzle's misspeak helped, and I think Cyberbob's 2nd kill was not thought out well at all as if Ythan hadn't jailed correctly the game would've been over right then and there.

I initially hadn't thought about the vig killing the miller, but it made sense in hindsight. I think this part hurt the town, but the scum wasn't terribly powerful anyways. The ability to daytalk I think kept them sane and moving forward. This allowed them to see where each other (SC/ML) were going and to not make rash decisions in thread in a state of panic. I think that part helped ML much moreso, especially coming up with the Cop fake-claim.

Additionally: that was the ballsiest scum gambit that I think I've ever seen, from a players perspective or a modding one. That easily was about the biggest thing that made them win the game.

Finally: Neto had the scumteam in his sights for most of the game. I think his V/LA and lack of a case or something was the towns biggest downfall after becoming so far ahead with the jailing. I hate to pick on one player like this, but I think that was the hardest thing for me to watch after seeing everybody but Neto going in the wrong direction and seeing a jailkeeper (my favorite role ever) play so well/get so lucky. Suspicion eventually turned to him and by then the scum had control of the game; much like Cyberbob said in D4.

Finally finally: I'm calling the game with the lynch without knowing the exact PM wording. I'm going with my own variation that the mafia wins when they achieve 50%. I know Cyberbob and ML could technically kill each other and force a "draw" but that feels contrived to me since every scum PM I get/make has the 50% clause in it.

No, my name is not "Ed."
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

I will have notes soon, but for right now, let me just say FUCK YEAH!
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Amished »

If the mafia wish to post their QT, they may do so at their discretion.

Sorry for the lull in the middle of the game there, I hadn't realized Konowa flaked... :(

No, my name is not "Ed."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Well, that sucked. Yet another game to bolster my application to the moral victory club. The irony is that the one that we didn't lynch was the one that I had actually built a case on...Ah, well. Well played, ML.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Wait a minute. This is a tie. ML is not bulletproof, meaning everybody dies.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Oh, wait. Nevermind. Bleh. I need to read better.

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Dammit, going into that third day the thought of ML being scum was bouncing around in my head but I discarded it just because Neto had been so suspicious.

The one thing that I should have mentioned was the fact that there was no way Neto would have been stupid enough to make a kill if he was scum; the only person that might have had a reason to do so was ML.

Meh.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Netopalis wrote:Yet another game to bolster my application to the moral victory club.
Um, really? Your behaviour was some seriously scummy stuff from the beginning of Day 5 right up until the end.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

OK, notes:

First off, I have to say that this game was absolutely epic. Thank you so much to Amished for picking it up before it got mod abandoned. Really good modding. That was a lot of work that paid off.

As a scum team, I do think we were slightly under-powered. Between a watcher, a JK, and a partial vig, a roleblocker would have been really helpful. The only thing we had to counteract any town powers was SCs bulletproof-ness. At least with an RB, we could have dealt with the whole Ythan on-freaking-top-of-us issue.

Still, I'm a huge talker, and the day talking helped
immensely
. We definitely had to talk stuff down in our QT, and there was a lot of plan adaptation that had to go on during the days. For example, we had a plan for SC to claim some sort of X-shot bulletproof vest to explain the lack of kill on N3, but had to shift midday once Ythan came out with his jailkeeper target. My emergency V/LA due to car trouble was real, as evidenced by the lack of quicklynch on Neto D5 after Cyberbob had voted for him. Still, I can't say I didn't exploit it, as I was able to use that time to come up with the perfect cop claim post. I wrote and re-wrote that post so many times, you have no idea. Do
not
give scum-me day talk.

Every night from N2 on, we pretty much thought we were going to cruise to victory. And every morning, our kill failed. It was so ridiculously frustrating, but honestly, that's what made the game awesome.

Ythan, you and I will probably end up butting heads in every game we play, no matter what our alignments are. Our playstyles are, how you say, not compatible. I look forward to dealing with you again. I know you already have a title in the queue, but I'm totally nominating you for YLIZA, play on ELIZA. Your posts remind me so much of what it does: just turning what someone said and turning it into a question.

I loved exploiting Dizzle's slip and was really hoping to get a chain lynch where I would go, and Dizzle would be an obv-scum final mislynch to bring us the win. So, that's kind of why I was fighting back on his lynch. P.S. Neither SC nor I were on that Dizzle mislynch.

The last day, I realized that we needed to pull the jailing to Bob instead of Neto, because with SC flipping bulletproof, it would have given credence to the vig. So, it would be easier to get Bob to vote for Neto than to get Neto to vote for vig-confirmed Bob. I had forgotten about different kill methods, but that partially confirmed Bob's vig-ness as well.

Cyberbob, if you hadn't voted, I would've claimed guilty on Neto, suggesting that he was a rolecop (which is why the scum kept trying to kill me N2 and N4) and that the only way for him to have any shot of winning would have been to try to get me lynched. I had to kill Ythan N5 because he was pretty much entirely confirmed, and we couldn't let it get to N6, when Bob would have another vig shot.

SC, thank you so much for listening to me when I told you to stop bussing me on D2. And great job staying completely under the radar. BTW, my SC meta analysis from post 821 is completely honest (except for not seeing his meta-scum tell, of course). Do you mind revealing our QT? I don't mind.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Amished »

Other thoughts (since I was one of the main minds behind designing the setup):

I thought the vig would have about as much influence as it did, the miller helped the scumteam a bit since it was a mislynch waiting to happen (or so I thought, like I said, I didn't think about having the vig shoot the miller in the night.) Either way, it was a pro-town kill on somebody that was confirmed not-scum. I figured the Jailkeeper would only prevent one kill one way or another, and once he was outed I did not expect him to live past that night (since the chance of jailing the killer exactly is pretty low)

No cop or doc (really) was pro-scum, one player immune from a pro-town role (like cop+godfather, but without the confirmed townies floating around) and the ability to keep from making mistakes through panicking I think was pro-scum as well. (Also, if anybody was wondering, ML's role allowed them to daytalk. Had he been lynched, that ability would've been gone).

Overall it was a game of flexibility for both sides; which turned out to be more complex than even I expected (bulletproof prevention could make scum wonder if it was a jail on scum, a jail on the vig, the vig hitting bulletproof, etc..

One thing I didn't account for was how much a miller was a magnet, really. I never once considered that they'd be vigged but it still makes sense. This is my first game modding with a miller in the setup, and it helped me with overall game knowledge, I feel.

Finally, I really hope you all enjoyed yourself: if anybody has any questions, comments, concerns or praise, I'd be glad to listen to it.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Right, ML, that's why I was hoping Bob wouldn't vote yet. My idea was to wait for you to claim guilty, then ask why I'd set up this elaborate plan otherwise, and to also ask whether Bob thought that it was likely that we really had an endgame with that many power roles left...

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Ythan »

Sure do love mountainous. Good game.
Dizzle
Dizzle
Goon
Dizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Dizzle »

Yikes, looks like I was wrong on just about everything in this game...

Anyway, great game SC and ML. I don't think there was any pregame talk so I'm sure you had to be freaking out a bit when DC "outed" SC as the cop.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

You know what? I'mma release the scum QT. We had day talk, and as you'll see, my response was <sigh>.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Ythan »

"We BOTH got jailkept the nights we tried to kill. This guy's a big threat right now."

My favorite line. Guess I did pretty well. Gotta give the credit to ML. And the mountain.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”