NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:44 am

Post by NavyCherub »

farside22 wrote:Yeah but if someone doesn't shoot who the town suggest then that player is scum or better have a good reason for shooting said player. (I assume scum first)
Town controlls the kill and the lynch = town win.
Right, right. I'm alright with this, works even better since the mafia don't have kills on their own.
[url=http://wideface.wordpress.com/]Let's Wideface.[/url]
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Jack »

Given that the mafia start with $125, and the bid is currently at $127, I think it's pretty clear who is going for the kill power.

I would say that cop is the lowest priority town buy. If mafia get it, they will use it to search for the other team...I guess not as likely to find them, but it's still works for the town.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Zajnet »

Jack wrote:Given that the mafia start with $125, and the bid is currently at $127, I think it's pretty clear who is going for the kill power.

I would say that cop is the lowest priority town buy. If mafia get it, they will use it to search for the other team...I guess not as likely to find them, but it's still works for the town.
I don't see how that makes it clear who's going for the kill power? Either side can take out a loan.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Zang »

Zang wrote:
Jack wrote:
##vote:Jack
are you claiming scum?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:42 am

Post by farside22 »

Zajnet wrote:
zoraster wrote:The ONLY ability that Mafia have to start is the ability to daytalk with their partner. They do not start with the power to kill.
Reading is tech :)
God I'm brain dead. That's most helpful.
So yeah my idea to discuss who has the NK and how to use it = town win.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:44 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count

Nobody Special ( 2 ) Andrius, Steam-Powered Shovel,
farside22 ( 0 )
Zang ( 0 )
Jack ( 4 ) VasudeVa, Jack, SaintKerrigan, Fishythefish,
SaintKerrigan ( 0 )
Zajnet ( 0 )
NavyCherub ( 0 )
VasudeVa ( 0 )
Andrius ( 0 )
Fishythefish ( 1 ) NavyCherub,
Steam-Powered Shovel ( 0 )
flashstorm ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 5 ) Nobody Special, farside22, Zang, Zajnet, flashstorm,
Total Votes ( 12 )
Deadline: June 14th at 23:00 EDT
With 12 able to vote, 7 needed to lynch.

Marketplace
To place a bid, PM Zoraster with the highest price you would be willing to pay.

1 Nightkill x 2
- This ability will give its owner two night shots. (max: one per night)
MB: 10 CB: 147 Deadline: 0:10:00 6/2/2010

2 Investigation Immunity
- This ability will make its owner appear to be innocent to Cops.
MB: 20 CB: 20 Deadline: 10:00:00 6/2/2010

3 Body Armor x 1
- This ability will allow its owner to take one night shot without dying.
MB: 20 CB: 20 Deadline: 5:40:00 6/2/2010

4 Pick Pocket
- This ability will allow its owner to steal 25% of the cash his or her target possesses each night.
MB: 50 CB: 251 Deadline: 0:30:00 6/2/2010

5 Cop x 2
- This two-shot ability will allow its owner to investigate a player (max: one per night). That player will come up as either innocent or guilty.
MB: 50 CB: 71 Deadline: 0:30:00 6/2/2010

6 Double Voter
- This will cause a player's vote to count for two votes. (Not separable).
MB: 20 CB: 20 Deadline: 9:30:00 6/2/2010

7 Doctor x 2
- This two-shot ability will allow a player to select another player to protect against a night kill the following night. (max: one per night)
MB: 10 CB: 10 Deadline: 9:30:00 6/2/2010
Current bids may not be up-to-date. Current Bids and Deadlines will only be kept up-to-date by edit until the next vote count is posted.
Last edited by zoraster on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Zajnet »

I'll come out right now and say that I am the one that bid $146 for the Nightkill. I am town, and I borrowed close to the maximum possible without hitting bankruptcy in 3 days to get the scum to blow as much of their money as possible on getting that. If someone wants to wire me their money so I can try to win it for the town, that would be cool but you probably won't believe me, so meh. At least we got the scum to spend as much as possible.
My GTKAS
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:07 am

Post by farside22 »

Interigued.
First I think wiring money to someone just because of a claim would be down right stupid for the town.
However anyone that counters the amount I would like an explination on why.
Zajent: How best would you use this ability if you gained it? Would you save it or use it night 1? Would you allow the town to reach a majority on who best to kill?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Zajnet »

farside22 wrote:Zajent: How best would you use this ability if you gained it? Would you save it or use it night 1? Would you allow the town to reach a majority on who best to kill?
I would kill whoever the town wants me to. If I don't, then lynch me. Although, to avoid situations, I'd like if the town would give me a short-list of 2 to 4 people.
My GTKAS
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Jack »

A shortlist of two people is guaranteed to not have your partner on it (if you were mafia).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:23 am

Post by farside22 »

Zajnet wrote:
farside22 wrote:Zajent: How best would you use this ability if you gained it? Would you save it or use it night 1? Would you allow the town to reach a majority on who best to kill?
I would kill whoever the town wants me to. If I don't, then lynch me. Although, to avoid situations, I'd like if the town would give me a short-list of 2 to 4 people.
Actually this would work well and fail. Things we need to be concerned with.
1) I want to wait till the bidding is over but I can see where there could be one flaw with my view of making the vig chose a player.
Till the bidding is over I will except a list and views from you if you gain this ability on who you think is scum.
2) Body Armor at this point if bought buy anyone will be scum in my view.
With only one kill controlled by town the only people who have to worry about protection is scum.
I will wait till the bidding is over before more details of my plan on this but lets say Zajent is scum for the sake of argument. If he shoot anyone but who the town says he's lynched so the benifit for him as scum to shot anyone else will result in a loss for him.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Zajnet »

Jack wrote:A shortlist of two people is guaranteed to not have your partner on it (if you were mafia).
How so? Although, you do seem to have a point that I could always just not hit my scum partner. But, if you only give me one name, that person could get doc-protected or something. Whatever. I'd do whatever the town wants, period.
My GTKAS
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Fishythefish »

The person with the nightkill should definitely claim if they are town. Then, the town should 100% direct them (no shortlists). Unless you are unlucky enough to target scum whose partner has the doc ability (unlikely), there's no danger in directing the NK.

I think I disagree with Jack about cop being low town priority. If scum has it, it's half as likely to catch scum.

If town gets investigation immunity, they should probably claim it. Same might go for double voter - the confusion that causes about how near a lynch is is probably more likely to hurt the town than otherwise.

@mod:
I voted Jack, not farside.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:27 am

Post by farside22 »

@fishy: Don't forget someone is trying to buy that body armor right now. If (and I suspect it is at this poing) scum buying it and Zajent targets said play it's a waste. Same idea with the doc ability.
I didn't think about the scum not having a kill without buying it so there is an advantage to certain aspects in this game.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@farside: aiming for body armoured scum is always possible; the only disadvantage of us aiming a vig is if the scum know that they need to doc their partner.

Even then, they would probably do that anyway. So yeah, aiming a vig seems to have no drawbacks atm.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Fishythefish wrote:@farside: aiming for body armoured scum is always possible; the only disadvantage of us aiming a vig is if the scum know that they need to doc their partner.

Even then, they would probably do that anyway. So yeah, aiming a vig seems to have no drawbacks atm.
Actually.......let me wait till the bid is over but I have a thought and your right about the body armor. I think the scum with a doc could lead to WIFOM.
Lets just hope zajent gets the NK. If a player doesnt' say they bid on it we assume then (most likely correctly) that scum has the NK.
I do agree that having a cop is important and so far one person has bid on the immune thing. I suspect scum there as well.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Zajnet »

I'm not winning the NK, I bid $146 and the current bid is $147, I would need someone to wire me money to get it as I can't safely borrow any more money.
My GTKAS
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Investigation immunity could be someone trying to keep things like that away from scum; I know that before the idea of controlling the NKs was thrown around, I was thinking of similar strategies, buying scum-oriented powers to keep them away from scum.
[url=http://wideface.wordpress.com/]Let's Wideface.[/url]
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Andrius »

@ farside: We could have the Vig be the town killer, and have the Cop investigate the Vig the first night. That would clear up his alignment. The only way he could get around that is if he had invest-immune as well. Which we could complexify by jacking the price up.

@ Anyone with Math Skills

So if we can take out loans for 300% of out cash right now, we can technically have like, $400. And the scum would then have... $500? (I'm hoping I did my math right, lol.)
farside22 wrote: First I think wiring money to someone just because of a claim would be down right stupid for the town.
Agreed, unless we can confirm them as town. (Barring investi-immunity.)
Fish wrote: The person with the nightkill should definitely claim if they are town.
Because the scum wouldn't lie? Its a gamble to be sure.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm actually thinking farside is right about discussing these things - better to leave it until after the bidding.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Scum most likely are bidding on that NK and borrowing or wiring each other as much as possible. With 2 scum groups going on I hope they duke it out until they hit poverty.
hmmm I need to think about a few things more.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:24 am

Post by farside22 »

NavyCherub wrote:Investigation immunity could be someone trying to keep things like that away from scum; I know that before the idea of controlling the NKs was thrown around, I was thinking of similar strategies, buying scum-oriented powers to keep them away from scum.
I thought about this too. I just remember seeing it at 0 for the longest time. For it suddenly to have a bid just seemed scummy to me. Like someone knows they will be investigated or already is concerned.

##vote: SaintKerrigan

Where are you during this discussion and thought process?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:25 am

Post by farside22 »

Fishythefish wrote:I'm actually thinking farside is right about discussing these things - better to leave it until after the bidding.
I don't mind the discussion on the NK by the way and who is buying it. I think that is the most important thing. Also any cop worth their salt should be warned that someone did bid on the investigation immunity and just because you get an innocent on someone doesn't mean town.
flashstorm
flashstorm
Goon
flashstorm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by flashstorm »

Just so everyone knows, there is a breaking strategy that guarantees a town win.I havnt read the rest of the thread, but please no one vote or bid until I can get home and detail the win.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”