Mini 954 ~ Mafia at the 11th Hour (Game Over!)

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 8:57 am

Post by d3x »

Wait.
Pork662 wrote:I wouldn't encourage too much speculation unless you can prove that they change based on the living conversations.
But...
Pork669 wrote:There's the risk that scum are behind the ghost votes and setting us up to follow "confirmed" town ghost votes.
As soon as we confirmed that the Ghost Votes could move, his objection shifted to 'they could be Scum'.

O all you host of Heaven! Oh Earth!
{aka Ghost Voters}
Start making with your suspicions, but please don't get to L-2 on any particular suspect.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 9:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hmm, QT of the dead at least makes me feel a bit better about their suspicions. At least we have a hive mind at work and everyone isn't just voting with their opinions unchecked.

If you guys have a concensus among you, do as d3x says above.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count LI:
- The Jurist system
No Lynch (L-4) ~ Porkens, Herodotus

Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-?) ~
VP Baltar (L-5) ~
Porkens (L-5) ~
Percy (L-5) ~
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
d3x, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, VP Baltar

--You are in MyLo!

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(89%)
Last edited by Vi on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Porkens wrote:There's the risk that scum are behind the ghost votes and setting us up to follow "confirmed" town ghost votes. My tinfoil hat is tingling at Herod's posts. I prefer a NL.
If it really becomes necessary, we can test the theory by placing X living players' votes on, say, No Lynch, or having Y dead players' votes involved in hammering.
But fictitious votecounts would be serious mindscrew, and the involvement of dead players fits the theme.

I'm not sure what the best way to take advantage of this ability is. It seems possible that through their QT discussion they've been more effective than the living in finding scum. But, their response also indicated that they don't have any inside information, so right now I don't see any advantage to making a lynch today using their votes, or even automatically lynching tomorrow the person they suggest today.

I'd like to ask the ghosts if there is some reason that we don't know about or understand why a No Lynch today would be bad, but I'll wait on that to avoid overloading the communication channel. It looks like only a couple of the ghosts are active this weekend.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 2:50 am

Post by Percy »

Trumpet of Doom 655 wrote:I need to reread Percy and d3x at some point, but unless I suddenly discover something really scummy that Percy did, NL is by far the best of the feasible lynch options
Why did you choose to mention me at that juncture?
That is, why were you presenting me as the alternative to NL?

OK, so dead people are a valid target for lynching, and they have a QT. I think the loss of gray in the Vote Count must mean something, but I can't puzzle out what. I'm also curious as to why there were two VP Baltar votes.

Hello, ghost people. Another ouija for you (before you start making your suspicions clear - at least one of you thinks I'm scum it seems...):
Regarding your lynching, let us know if:
-A lynch of you is a good thing (Vote Jahudo)
-A lynch of you is a bad thing (Vote Gammagooey)
-You don't know what a lynch of you would do (Vote d3x)
It seems that being able to lynch them must do something, and I'd like to know if the ghosts know what's going on.

@VP Baltar
: I give you a gun, and you have to shoot either ToD or Porkens. Who do you shoot, and why?

I still like Porkens best for scum. I think d3x is doing some good scumhunting, and would like to hear more from Porkens about his reactionary position here.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 3:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Percy wrote:I'm also curious as to why there were two VP Baltar votes.
I requested it for information purposes. It was determine if they could only vote in Mylo or not.

In terms of your shooting question, something like that is a tough call. They've both recommended NL today, which I think is the right play. Overall, I guess Porkens has a higher net scumminess to me, but he also seems a bit too popular...if that makes sense. Then again, he did survive the lynch yesterday after his death seemed imminent and I really need to reread over all of that to see how his wagon broke down in more detail. I also liked some of ToD's contributions yesterday, so right now I guess Porkens would eat the lead.
YOUR AD HERE

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Percy »

VP Baltar 680 wrote:I requested it for information purposes. It was determine if they could only vote in Mylo or not.
Thanks, missed that.

The reason I ask is that I think d3x and Herodotus are both town. I think Porkens is scum, and I'm tossing up whether VP or ToD is the more likely candidate for the second scum. At the moment, I'm undecided. The only person who has done serious VP attacking was Jahudo, and I still think VP came out better in that exchange, but something is bothering me about VP's Porkens-interaction. My scum sense is tingling, but I'm going to sleep on it before I say anything definitive.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Herodotus »

@Percy 679:
It's not clear that dead people are valid lynch targets. My interpretation of Vi's explanation of the blue means that the name in blue would be the closest to lynch if they were a valid lynch target, but they aren't necessarily a valid lynch target.
@Everyone: If you're town, you shouldn't be stating your opinions or asking for other living players' opinons unless/until we decide that we will lynch today. Normal procedure during a normal MyLo is to No Lynch with zero discussion.
Hello, ghost people. Another ouija for you (before you start making your suspicions clear - at least one of you thinks I'm scum it seems...):
Regarding your lynching, let us know if:
-A lynch of you is a good thing (Vote Jahudo)
-A lynch of you is a bad thing (Vote Gammagooey)
-You don't know what a lynch of you would do (Vote d3x)
It seems that being able to lynch them must do something, and I'd like to know if the ghosts know what's going on.
While this is a good question, we were in the middle of asking them a different question: whether they were in agreement on someone being scum. See my comment on overloading the communication channel.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Percy »

Vi wrote:
-To answer your next question - blue means in the lead for votes, assuming that player is a valid target for lynching.
I took this to mean that DDD was blue in the VC because he's a valid player for lynch, whilst the option with the same (?) amount of votes that was not a player (no lynch) was in red. We haven't had blue in a VC before afaics.
Now how many times have you seen red in a vote count? And how many of those times was it in reference to someone who could definitely be lynched? ~Vi

@Mod
: Can we lynch ghosts?
(Don't worry ghosties, we won't lynch you unless you tell us it's a good idea)
... ~Vi

Herodotus 682 wrote:@Everyone: If you're town, you shouldn't be stating your opinions or asking for other living players' opinons unless/until we decide that we will lynch today. Normal procedure during a normal MyLo is to No Lynch with zero discussion.
Really? Well I'm not going to waste an entire day. We have ghosts, and I have lines of inquiry I'd like to pursue. I think "prove you're town by saying nothing bad about anyone and ending the day ASAP" is not the towniest attitude I can imagine.

Can you link to a game where this has happened to you before?

Also, I'm glad you think my question is good, and I acknowledged how a ghost had already voted me
as a suspect
, but I would like the questions answered before people start voting for suspicions. It could take a while for all the ghosts to tell us their main suspect, but the first ghost that sees my question can answer it, then we can resume scheduled programming, etc.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Herodotus »

I've only been alive in MyLo in one game before, and I was mafia in that game, so I was content with the fact that the townies never considered a no lynch. But I'm sure I could find dozens of games I've read where the players No Lynched when they knew they were in MyLo. I'm certain that you've seen at least one such game, as well.
When you refer to wasting a day, do you mean all of day 4? I don't see how you're getting that. I want to hear what the ghosts have to say, but it looks like only a single vote changed since d3x and VP asked their question. That wasn't a very definite answer, so I'd like to wait and see if there's more evidence of a consensus among them in the next vote count. If only one or two of them are active, they can't give clear answers to multiple questions simultaneously.
If you have lines of inquiry to pursue among the living, why not pursue them tomorrow, after the scum have already made their night 4 kill choice, rather than before?

As far as the blue is concerned, I hope that Vi will clear the question up in the next vote count.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Actually, hero is right here. If we aren't going to lynch today, then we shouldn't give the scum any extra info about who they should kill tonight to make our jobs harder tomorrow. I wanted to find out if the ghosts have any strong reasons for lynching someone today as opposed to tomorrow when our odds of hitting scum are improved. Other than that, we probably don't want to get too deep into suspect lists atm.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count LII:
- Omniscient Voice of the Dead
No Lynch (L-4) ~ Porkens, Herodotus
Percy (L-4) ~

Porkens (L-5) ~
Trumpet of Doom (L-5) ~
semioldguy (L-?) ~
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-?) ~

VP Baltar (L-6) ~

Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
d3x, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, VP Baltar

--You are in MyLo!

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
(81%)
Last edited by Vi on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Percy wrote:
Trumpet of Doom 655 wrote:I need to reread Percy and d3x at some point, but unless I suddenly discover something really scummy that Percy did, NL is by far the best of the feasible lynch options
Why did you choose to mention me at that juncture?
That is, why were you presenting me as the alternative to NL?
The vote count at that point had you at L-4, me at L-5, and everyone else at L-6, and we hadn't yet figured out that dead players are currently able to vote. The conclusion I jumped to (evidently erroneously) was that for whatever reason, the lynch threshold had been lowered for us specifically. I then figured that the only way to lynch any of the other four currently living players was for the player in question to self-vote - so without someone self-voting, the only viable lynch options would have been you, me, and NL. Obviously I am not going to support my own lynch, and certainly not in MyLo, so in my mind at that point, it came down to you or NL.

Speaking of NL, I agree that if we're going to do it, we probably ought not waste time discussing suspicions, and I think it's the right play for today.
Vote: No Lynch.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:55 am

Post by d3x »

Vote:No Lynch

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 5:38 am

Post by d3x »

Oh yeah, and I'll be V/LA at the end of this week ~6/4-6/6

GTKAS - d3x
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Percy »

Herodotus 684 wrote:If you have lines of inquiry to pursue among the living, why not pursue them tomorrow, after the scum have already made their night 4 kill choice, rather than before?
OK, I see your point.

Vote: No Lynch
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

So, that's L-1. We're going to wait for the ghosties to reply aren't we?
YOUR AD HERE

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by d3x »

Yes.

GTKAS - d3x
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count LIII:
- The forsaken, aka the ungrateful dead
No Lynch (L-1) ~ Porkens, Herodotus, Trumpet of Doom, d3x, Percy

Percy (L-4) ~
Porkens (L-5) ~
Trumpet of Doom (L-5) ~
semioldguy (L-?) ~
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
d3x, Percy, Trumpet of Doom,
VP Baltar

-No Lynch is at L-1! ...as far as No Lynch can be lynched.

--You are in MyLo!

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
(71%)
Last edited by Vi on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Herodotus »

@ghosts:
If you think we should no lynch, but you want to say more first, please put some votes on Gammagooey.
If you think we should try lynching someone who is already dead, please put some votes on Nikanor.
If you think we should lynch a living player today, please put some votes on Jahudo (or you could just run that player up if you are certain about them, but if that was the case then I assume you would already have done it.)
If there is some other reason why a no lynch would not be the right play today, please put some votes on me.
If you think we should no lynch immediately, you can just hammer it.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count LIV:
- Well at least we get leisurely music for a change

Percy (L-4) ~
Porkens (L-5) ~
Trumpet of Doom (L-5) ~
semioldguy (L-?) ~
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
VP Baltar

--You are in MyLo!

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|||
(58%)
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Well, I was just about to ask for a votecount. Thank you.

I'm not sure what no change in the votes means.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

lazy ghosties?
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count LV:
- Where is everyone?

Percy (L-3) ~
Porkens (L-5) ~
Trumpet of Doom (L-5) ~
semioldguy (L-?) ~

Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
VP Baltar

--You are in MyLo!

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(45%)
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by Percy »

Why am I getting more votes...?

If you are
one hundred percent certain
that I'm scum, then you are
one hundred percent wrong

Please answer Hero's questions; if you really are serious about lynching me, then put a vote on Jahudo. Then I'll have to come up with a defence to a silent case, which will be an interesting challenge :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”