NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by askbob »

askbob wrote:LURKERS:

# Dr. Robotnik
# Dry-fit
# pman5595
# Sevis

pman has literally posted nothing and then jumped on the nahmen bandwagon. I mean he has like 3 posts. He either isn't reading all the posts in this forum, or is lurking. My bet is on lurking. Also I don't really buy nehmen's roleclaim. Roleblocker is plausible, however I don't know how many roles the mafia or werewolves would have to block. Losing him IMO wouldn't be a horrible thing as he'll most likely only end up blocking important townie roles (if he happens to be townie). I'm not buying his claim. Before I vote how many votes are on nehmen. Not that I care about being the one to put the nail in his coffin, but SSB made a good point. We should use the remaining time to our advantage. Also I want to here more out of the lurkers. Also I'm sure I missed a couple people. I just looked at the list and picked the names I didn't recognize and counted their posts. These guys had like less than 10 I think pman had like 3 or 4 posts and one of them was a bandwagon hop.
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by askbob »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
askbob wrote:LURKERS:

# Dr. Robotnik
# Dry-fit

# pman5595
# Sevis
Nice catch on pman5595. I'll be looking into him more closely. Dr. Robotnik is obivous lurker who hasn't really posted much substance.

But the bolded, Dry-fit and Sevis, I disagree with. Dry-fit isn't the most active person, yes, but he is at least putting forth some efforts into his game here, with some of his posts being decent.

Sevis has been posting daily since March 18, 2010 and has giving us a fair amount of substances in the game. He's put forth about the same amount of effort as Dry-fit and has been slightly more active then him.

They aren't really lurking that bad.

What about these people?

The Goat: Almost no substance from him and he promised an analysis tonight. He has about thirty minutes to get it in or I will FoS him.

Timeater: He has been active lurking as well. He's only made like one or two decent posts in the game and his analysis was basically him voting Chronopie and summerizing up what happen in the day, which gave us little to work on.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Parama »

Foilist has not successfully refuted any cases.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by askbob »

Did you notice the "nice catch on pman5595"

THAT WAS ME.

Holy crap you are retarded. How is calling out pman parroting at all? I'm the first one that went back and READ EVERY POST and tallied them up to catch the lurkers.

dry-fit has posted a lot more and his posts are way more insightful than Pman's who are basically "catching up guys" just to not get booted.

Dr. Robotnik posted hardly anything in the other game I'm in and he was town.

That leaves sevis and pman. I'm not too sure about sevis, I'll have to go back and read his posts. But yeah i was the first one on pman's ass. I still am. I just think nhammen's lead has the highest chance of succeeding in catching scum.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Several people have stated that they find Sevis scummy, why are they not voting him, ect ect ect...

Sevis has yet to refute the case against him, and likely wont. So what are people waiting for ect ect ect...

Why has Sevis not had more votes ect ect ect

I could go on and on, but I really don't want to yadda yadda yadda..
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by nhammen »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:You say your a RB right nhammen? Is that all you can do? Like, do you protect as well as rb. If that's the case, maybe SGR was the one that was targeted and you saved him?
I just roleblock. Am not a Jailkeeper. And I don't like the vig speculation without any evidence of a vig.
SerialClergyman wrote:I just finished a game as scum where we claimed roleblocker in order to get soemone lynched and got Midnight's Sorrow mislynched on anothern ight

I don't plan on falling for my own scumtactics. The SGR wagon is filled with people who want an easy vote. A claimed block from someone suspicious enough to be forced to claim (and not be NKed) is not enough.

nhammen is scum and is either a roleblocker or has a roleblocker on his team. Almost certainly.
When people were talking about NK WIFOM, I never thought of this... OK. If I was a member of a scumteam, why would I choose SGR, of all people, to frame. There are so many better options than this. Like, say, you. SGR is already playing completely anti-Town. Is this the person that you think would be chosen for this? Seriously?

Also, could you provide a link to this game? You say it had midnight in it and is completed. Was he Town? If so, there is something I want to see.
askbob wrote:Scumlist:

SGR
pman (i mean come on like one post a day, he's just posting to not be prodded)
nhammen (had a scummy feel on him yesterday due to his posting a ton whenever anyone calls him out most of which is just quotes)
Midnight's Sorrow (just an overly emotional defense that seemed weak to me)
What happened to the lurkers that you considered so scummy yesterday? You were so proud of that list, and now there is only one person remaining from it.
Parama wrote:I agree that askbob is totally exploding all over the place. It's like he forgot to act townie and just wants to lynch someone.
Yes. Yes it looks just like that.
Timeater wrote:Hello chaps!

Why isn't SGR lynched yet?
I don't like quicklynches. I don't like players that want quicklynches. I REALLY don't like players that lurk and then pop in the thread to say that they want quicklynches.
FOS: Timeater

@SSBF 1061: Hell yeah!
MichelSableheart wrote:Socrates replaces SGRaaize.
OK... Socrates is an awesome player. But SGR was soooo scummy. And I blocked him... But Socrates is an awesome player. And asking him to answer for his predecessor's failings is a bit off. And Socrates is... well you get the picture. I'll wait for his first post, and see if it satisfies me...

@Leaf 1065: OK, cool. You have defended yourself well.
Socrates wrote:Why did you roleblock SGR?
SGR was in my scumlist for lurking, over-defensiveness, fence-sitting, and posting much fluff. I selected him iover the other members of my scumlist for the reasnos I gave here:
nhammen wrote:Well, I had my top 6 after the Day 1 lynch:
nhammen's Day 1 Top 7askbob
pman
Chrono

SGR
sevis
robotnik
Lowell

First off, I ISOed every single player on this list (as well as Unsight and midnight, who were additional possible targets), because with how many scummy players there are in this game, choosing one was going to be HARD. I figured that with my attacks on askbob, no scum would be stupid enough to have him send in the kill. Yes, that's right: I was trying to WIFOM the scum. When ISOing sevis overnight, his explanation of his vote for me convinced me not to RB him over night (it looked too uninformed). So I was left with SGR and three players lurking even worse than he is. I settled on the player out of these that I could get a read on.
Socrates wrote:What is the "something else"?
Here:
nhammen wrote:I see 4 possibilities for why their kill would not have occurred.
A) I roleblocked the Mafia Kill. Who it targeted doesn't matter. We know SGR is scum
B) NK WIFOM as Parama brought up. I find this highly unlikely.
C) They targeted an NK-Immune player. These types of roles don't occur very often. And the chances of just happening to hit someone with this role are small. So, I also find this unlikely.
D) A Doc protected their target. Unfortunately, this is likely, as there were claimed PRs. If D is the case, I am guessing the Mafia either targeted me or you, and a Doc correctly protected.
There were two important claimed PRs at the end of D1: vezo is claimed confirmed Town by other players. And there is me: claimed RB. Either me or vezo make very good Doc protects. The likelihood that either me or vezo was targeted for a protect is very high. So the likelihood that a Doc prevented a kill rather than my RB is rather high. Meaning I can't be too sure about SGR/you... The RB combined with his scumminess gave me a lot. But you come out strong; asking good questions. Now I don't know. I knew this was gonna happen as soon as I saw that you were replacing in...

shoot! Shoot! SHOOT!
unvote

Note: Socrates, I still found your predecessor's play awful. And my RB was on you the night of a missing Mafia kill. But I can't ask you to answer for your predecessor. So I will unvote for the time being. But I still have my eye on you. And if mass claim rolls around, and there is no Doc, you are DEAD. OK? But I hope that the Werewolves think you are Mafia, and are a strong player. And they can't allow that combination to live.
askbob wrote:"All of these reasons have already been explained before, making him a great parrot to be around. No original reasons makes everything awesome. "

WTF are you talking about. IM THE FIRST ONE who noticed pman lurking and was THE FIRST ONE to point it out. If anything you're parroting me.
askbob wrote:Did you notice the "nice catch on pman5595"

THAT WAS ME.

Holy crap you are retarded. How is calling out pman parroting at all? I'm the first one that went back and READ EVERY POST and tallied them up to catch the lurkers.
Oh GOD! Not this again... First off, why did you bring this up again? He only mentioned that you parroted off of me. And now you start spouting this crap. Why do you assume that he is referring to your pman "case".

Secondly, why do you put so much stock into lurker hunting? You repeatedly have acted sooo proud of your lurker hunting, but it DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!

Finally:
nhammen wrote:I called out pman as a lurker on Fri May 21, 2010 1:27 pm
You called out pman as a lurker on Fri May 21, 2010 10:58 pm
Only 9 hours after I did...
I have shown how I found pman first ANYWAYS. So even if lurker hunting DID mean something, it still doesn't help you.
askbob wrote:dry-fit has posted a lot more and his posts are way more insightful than Pman's who are basically "catching up guys" just to not get booted.

Dr. Robotnik posted hardly anything in the other game I'm in and he was town.

That leaves sevis and pman. I'm not too sure about sevis, I'll have to go back and read his posts. But yeah i was the first one on pman's ass. I still am. I just think nhammen's lead has the highest chance of succeeding in catching scum.
So wait a second. When I asked you for scum suspects yesterday, you said that these 4 lurkers plus me were your suspects. Now you state that 2 of them aren't even suspects. So you lied to me when you gave me your suspect list.
vote askbob
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Okay nhammen.

Honestly though, a simple yes or no would have sufficed with me yo xD So he was definitely not protected because of you. Thats all I wanted to know.
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@askbob: More situations were pointed out than that. Please address at least a majority.

Ok, next up:
Timeater

Timeater wrote:Disagree, SGR's current status is more about nhammen than it is about himself.

Do you find his high-vote count indicative of mafia/wolf bandwagoners?
Not in all cases, here though yes. Opportunistic/noob scum tend to jump on popular wagons, especially if other people do it too. The nhammen wagon, the Chronopie wagon, the midnight sorrow wagon, and now the SGR/socrates wagon are chalk full of people jumping on based on other people's reasons.

Now my analysis of your play.

When read carefully, Timeater actually comes off as a very intelligent player. His sarcasm and humor have led me not to take him very seriously up to this point, coupled with the fact that he tends to lurk and hasn't seriously gone after any players yet, makes him seem terribly scummy off the bat.

However, when analyzed his text is very pointed
in some cases.
The vast majority of his posts are wagon hopping without reason and screaming for blood. I feel like there is a cat to be let out of the bag here, but so far I haven't seen it.

Pomegranate

Been missing a good chunk of the game, not a lot of content as a result. Posted some responses to multiple players D1, but hasn't contributed significantly today.

Her questions seem to be pointed. Matches the play I saw when I played with her before. Can't remember when that was though.

This last one wasn't as in depth as I had planned, but sadly there isn't a whole lot to work with, and my read isn't scum leaning.

More to follow.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Fifth vote count of day 2.

animorpherv1 (0):
askbob (2):
Super Smash Bros. Fan, nhammen

Dr. Robotnik (1):
Dry-fit

Dry-fit (0):
Faraday (0):
foilist13 (1):
Parama

Leafsnail (0):
Lowell (0):
LynchMePls (0):
Midnight's Sorrow (2):
Leafsnail, LynchMePls

nhammen (1):
SerialClergyman

Parama (0):
pman5595 (0):
Pomegranate (0):
SerialClergyman (0):
Sevis (2):
Midnight's Sorrow, Pomegranate

Socrates (7):
Faraday, askbob, Timeater, Unsight, vezopiraka, animorpherv1, Lowell

Super Smash Bros. Fan (0):
The Goat (0):
Timeater (1):
Dr. Robotnik

Unsight (0):
vezopiraka (0):

Not Voting (5):
Socrates, Sevis, The Goat, pman5595, foilist13

With 22 players alive, it takes 12 votes to lynch someone.

pman5595 requested replacement.

The Goat has requested replacement.

Sevis has 5 more hours to respond to his prod, or he'll be replaced.

Faraday has announced limited access.

Everyone else has posted within the last 48 hours.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Socrates, I like your defense and would like to hear more. Have you read the whole thread?
snoPING AS usual I see
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:09 am

Post by vezopiraka »

So what should we do?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:12 am

Post by foilist13 »

Try scumhunting
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Parama »

I've already found certain scum, so I won't be doing much of that right now.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Socrates »

So ya, Nhammen's response to my post is not what I was expecting at all. The rub for me here is, once Nhammen would have gotten my predecessor lynched and I flip town, he would've look really bad. Sure people like to point out that it isn't a 1-1 and that is probably what Nhammen would have fallen back on, but considering that people thought that he was scummy enough that he had to claim earlier, there is NO WAY he would have lived very long after doing so. Going after me is not a useful survival technique for Nhammen. That by itself is enough for me to conclude that at the very least he is telling the truth about his role, and on some level believed that he had caught scum. If Nhammen is scum, he is on the scum team who's kill was NOT blocked (which appears to be the werewolves).

Which brings me to this post:
SerialClergyman wrote:I just finished a game as scum where we claimed roleblocker in order to get soemone lynched and got Midnight's Sorrow mislynched on anothern ight

I don't plan on falling for my own scumtactics. The SGR wagon is filled with people who want an easy vote. A claimed block from someone suspicious enough to be forced to claim (and not be NKed) is not enough.

nhammen is scum and is either a roleblocker or has a roleblocker on his team. Almost certainly.
Unless I am mistaken, you are talking about Dirty Dirty South mafia. Here's the thing, the person that your team faked a roleblock on to get lynched? One of your scumbuddies! That was an elaborate bus that enabled your team to coast into endgame. Your previous post seemed to indicate that you thought that my player slot was town, so I don't think that is what you are implying here, so I must ask. Am I missing something or did you just get all weasely up in here, SC?

I need to Iso SC later today.
Nhammen wrote:Note: Socrates, I still found your predecessor's play awful. And my RB was on you the night of a missing Mafia kill. But I can't ask you to answer for your predecessor. So I will unvote for the time being. But I still have my eye on you. And if mass claim rolls around, and there is no Doc, you are DEAD. OK? But I hope that the Werewolves think you are Mafia, and are a strong player. And they can't allow that combination to live.
Deal.
Dr. Robotnik wrote: Socrates, I like your defense and would like to hear more. Have you read the whole thread?
Nope. :3
Parama wrote:I've already found certain scum, so I won't be doing much of that right now.
Could you link me to a case on Foilist, please?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Parama »

Start here, read the next few posts.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Parama »

Oh god I started rereading from where I linked and I want to kill myself this game is terrible why are we not lynching obvscum foilist
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

nhammen wrote:
Timeater wrote:Hello chaps!

Why isn't SGR lynched yet?
I don't like quicklynches. I don't like players that want quicklynches. I REALLY don't like players that lurk and then pop in the thread to say that they want quicklynches.
FOS: Timeater
nhammen wrote: OK... Socrates is an awesome player. But SGR was soooo scummy. And I blocked him... But Socrates is an awesome player. And asking him to answer for his predecessor's failings is a bit off. And Socrates is... well you get the picture. I'll wait for his first post, and see if it satisfies me...

Socrates wrote:
Why did you roleblock SGR?

Now I don't know. I knew this was gonna happen as soon as I saw that you were replacing in...

shoot! Shoot! SHOOT!
unvote

Note: Socrates, I still found your predecessor's play awful. And my RB was on you the night of a missing Mafia kill. But I can't ask you to answer for your predecessor. So I will unvote for the time being. But I still have my eye on you. And if mass claim rolls around, and there is no Doc, you are DEAD. OK? But I hope that the Werewolves think you are Mafia, and are a strong player. And they can't allow that combination to live.
I liked Nhammen's whole post. Except these parts. nhammen looks like he's unvoting Socrates because he likes him. Thats really not a reason, and he went from "Kill because I RBed him" to "Don't Kill because I love Socrates!"
Just something odd. I'm keeping my eye on that.
snoPING AS usual I see
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:09 am

Post by Timeater »

Nhammen is making me dubious of his dubiousness.

Robotnik do you feel that voting for me when there is no real argument against me accept my lurkiness is proper given the current flow of conversation?

All these people attacking foilist, can you give me 1 quote where he shows how scummy he truly is?
watch for the eggshells
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Socrates »

vote: foilist

Post 627 is terrible.

If he flips werewolf, Nhammen DIES!

If there is a cop, he should investigate Serial tonight. (Cop specifically, not Seer. Seer should investigate Nhammen if foilist doesn't flip werewolf, I'm not sure where else if Foilist does flip werewolf. Probably Timeater.)
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Timeater wrote: Robotnik do you feel that voting for me when there is no real argument against me accept my lurkiness is proper given the current flow of conversation?
Quite honestly, I don't have anything against your lurking, because there are a few who have been lurking. It was your vote for SGRaiizze
snoPING AS usual I see
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:57 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

ughhh... SO MUCH POSTING!!!!!

@mod, I think your positng requirements are too much. I cna't keep up, so I need to request replacement as well

/goodbye
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Lowell »

I have sympathy for socrates' situation, what with replacing in with many votes.

But we're still left with someone claiming to have roleblocked someone else and in the process leaving us with waaaaay fewer NKs than standard in a game this size. Right? I'm not willing to watch the socrates wagon die down. His is the only lynch that makes sense.
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

animorpherv1 wrote:ughhh... SO MUCH POSTING!!!!!

@mod, I think your positng requirements are too much. I cna't keep up, so I need to request replacement as well

/goodbye
Posting once every 48 hours is too much? LOL
snoPING AS usual I see
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Parama »

Lowell wrote:I have sympathy for socrates' situation, what with replacing in with many votes.

But we're still left with someone claiming to have roleblocked someone else and in the process leaving us with waaaaay fewer NKs than standard in a game this size. Right? I'm not willing to watch the socrates wagon die down. His is the only lynch that makes sense.
The lynch actually makes no sense at all. But I think a Lowell lynch would be a pretty decent one.
FoS: Lowell

Foilist keeps my vote though. I may ISO Lowell soon, he's another person who's likely scum.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Unsight »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:ughhh... SO MUCH POSTING!!!!!

/goodbye
Posting once every 48 hours is too much? LOL
Some of us actually read the 23+ posts this thread gets daily to do things like scum hunt.
Games are meant to be fun.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”