Mini 982 - The Mars Volta Mafia(Game Over)

Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by Raivann »

Subconsciously Saint feels bad for being scum so he confessed in a joke to purge himself of his upcoming evil deeds. :shock:
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:07 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Raivann: Please tell me that's not a serious reason for "liking my vote where it is."
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Parama »

Doombunny9 wrote:
Parama wrote:Doombunny, you really haven't "played" with me because "that" game doesn't count as me playing.
Why not? I do believe "that" game was completely valid. (To anyone wondering why we're not talking about the game, it's still going on right now but we are both dead).
Oh if only you knew :roll:

Anyways Raivann is taking the SK joke thing WAAAAAY too seriously. Don't like that at all. Can you please stop screwing around and actually post something worthwhile? (well besides your Me=Weird points)
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:44 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

V/LA from playing games from today until early Saturday morning. I'll still be around for modding, but that's it.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:21 am

Post by Incognito »

SaintK seems slightly townish to me so far - the scum claim was very clearly a joke, and I personally wanted to exploit it as a good jumping point for reaction-gathering, which it seems to have done. I like his reaction to the pressure, and I liked his vote on Cove because I did think Cove's reason for voting SaintK was a bit of a stretch.
Post 68, Cove wrote:I think it's even better as scum to make a joke out of it in RVS, then they have options, based on the response, about whether to continue with it, or just push it off as a joke and forget about it.
You're implying causation here and only thinking about this from a scum's POV without seeming to think about the flip side of all this - how it would look from town's POV. The smiley and everything else about what SaintK said should have been a pretty decent tip-off that it was a joke.

-~-~-~-~-~-~

MafiaSSK seems ok to me so far. I don't completely agree with his case against Raivann, but it doesn't strike me as scummy.
Post 70, Raivann (color-coded) wrote:
His first post on page 3 he opens with "Oh, the game opened" - What is the point of typing that ? I guess to assure us all there was no lurking taking place.

Next he says hi and jokingly votes SSK. So he is taking a stance by moving the popular SSK wagon onward, but also takes care not to offend.

Then he ends by answering the question that has nothin to do with scumhunting.
I could see that.

SaintK's wagon was equally as popular as the MafiaSSK wagon at that point. I can't see why Me=Weird as scum would deliberately choose MSSK's wagon over SaintK's wagon at that stage, which leads me to believe M=W's vote was indeed random like he claimed.

True. Would like to see his current thoughts about game-related stuff in his next post.

@NavyCherub:
If you agree with Raivann's case, why aren't you voting Me=Weird?
@Doombunny9:
Who's scum?

Post 75, Raivann wrote:Subconsciously Saint feels bad for being scum so he confessed in a joke to purge himself of his upcoming evil deeds. :shock:
Is this serious or joking? I couldn't tell with the smiley at the end.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Raivann wrote:Subconsciously Saint feels bad for being scum so he confessed in a joke to purge himself of his upcoming evil deeds.
Raivann, please tell me you are joking too.

Vote: Raivann
for pushing his RV after the RVS is clearly over. Other than his case on Me=Weird, we have seen very little out of him.
Incog wrote:@Doombunny9: Who's scum?
As my vote states, I'm getting scumvibes from Raivann. I am also getting scumvibes from Cove for his joking=scum comments. My last FoS goes to Zaj for clearly looking. The only post he made was his RVS one.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:49 am

Post by Raivann »

Incognito wrote:
Post 70, Raivann (color-coded) wrote:
His first post on page 3 he opens with "Oh, the game opened" - What is the point of typing that ? I guess to assure us all there was no lurking taking place.

Next he says hi and jokingly votes SSK. So he is taking a stance by moving the popular SSK wagon onward, but also takes care not to offend.

Then he ends by answering the question that has nothin to do with scumhunting.
I could see that.

SaintK's wagon was equally as popular as the MafiaSSK wagon at that point. I can't see why Me=Weird as scum would deliberately choose MSSK's wagon over SaintK's wagon at that stage, which leads me to believe M=W's vote was indeed random like he claimed.

True. Would like to see his current thoughts about game-related stuff in his next post.
I could see one possibility, that SaintK and Me=Weird are scumbuddies.

incognito wrote:
Post 75, Raivann wrote:Subconsciously Saint feels bad for being scum so he confessed in a joke to purge himself of his upcoming evil deeds. :shock:
Is this serious or joking? I couldn't tell with the smiley at the end.
It's half joking, I just don't see a townie mindset in saying that they themselves are scum.
Saint was joking, yes ,I get that. But is said joke more likely to come from town or scum?

But my case against M=W is probably better and SaintK is posting so...

Unvote, Vote: Me=Weird
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 80, Doombunny9 wrote:
for pushing his RV after the RVS is clearly over. Other than his case on Me=Weird, we have seen very little out of him.
To the second half of this: can't we say the same thing about a bunch of other people in the game?

@Raivann: I did consider that. But I don't think that would happen during early, largely random wagons.
#81, Raivann wrote:But is said joke more likely to come from town or scum?
fwiw, I think it's more likely to come from town.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Zajnet »

Doombunny9 wrote:My last FoS goes to Zaj for clearly looking. The only post he made was his RVS one.
My bad. Does anyone know how to make it send me emails when there are new posts? I have this thread watched, and in my profile I told it to send me emails when there is a post on a watched thread and also when I get a new PM. the PM part works, but I don't get emails about watched threads :(

About the game:

Unvote
my random.

I'm going to have to /barn the people that have said that Raivann and Cove appear scummy from the SK joking thing. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if SK ends up being scum. In my experience, scum claims that early, even in obvious joking form, are driven by one of three things: a true joke (the least likely), a guilty conscience (also not very likely), or a scum trying to get townie points because what scum would claim scum? (the most likely). That being said, SK's responses have made me feel a lot better about him.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Cove »

Yeah, I admitted that my vote was based on me choosing one side of the WIFOM fence. Definitely not something I planned on clinging to for too long, enough to see how he handled the wagon. His questions for others have been pretty solid, echoing what I'd like to hear from them, and as incognito says, he handled the pressure that was on him pretty well, so

Unvote.

One question I have for you, SaintK, is how is Me=Weird "getting" fishy? He has only posted once. You make it seem like you felt he was town before a case was built on him.

About Raivann, what I don't like about hisapproach to SaintK, while similar to mine, is the lack of acknowledgement of the WIFOM involved and the confirmation of his vote after he made a case against Me=Weird.

About Me=Weird, I feel that while he has one post where he ignores everything that is going on, I'm a little disturbed that animorph has 6 posts so far with a similar amount of content. I find it very hypocritical that he is even using the work lurking when referring to anybody else.

Doombunny: How did you go from "Get a sense of humour" directed at myself and Raivann, to us being your top two suspects? I disdain the fact that you didn't place your vote elsewhere when you unvoted your random vote. You avoided applying any presure on anybody until specifically asked by Incognito, which seems peculiar, and is anti-town at best, and scummy at worst (this time there's no WIFOM).

Vote: Doombunny9

FOS: animorpherv1, Raivann

Preview edit:

That last statement towards Doombunny now applies to you too, why no vote? You seem wishy-washy on the topic of SK, yet Raivann and myself are your top two suspects? Weak wagon support without follow through, with a side of added distancing.

Unvote Doombunny9. Vote Zajnet
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Zajnet »

Cove wrote:Preview edit:

That last statement towards Doombunny now applies to you too, why no vote? You seem wishy-washy on the topic of SK, yet Raivann and myself are your top two suspects? Weak wagon support without follow through, with a side of added distancing.

I didn't vote because I didn't know which one of you to vote for, and now I do. Your response was that of a townie.

My GTKAS
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Parama »

Zajnet wrote:
Cove wrote:Preview edit:

I didn't vote because I didn't know which one of you to vote for, and now I do. Your response was that of a townie.

OOH. Appealing to an attacker aren't we? I see where this is going.
unvote, vote: Zajnet
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Zajnet »

Parama wrote:OOH. Appealing to an attacker aren't we? I see where this is going.
Please outline how scum-me would do that, while town-me wouldn't? I intentionally didn't vote to see how people reacted, and he reacted in a very pro-town manner, so I voted Rai.
My GTKAS
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Parama »

Zajnet wrote:
Parama wrote:OOH. Appealing to an attacker aren't we? I see where this is going.
Please outline how scum-me would do that, while town-me wouldn't? I intentionally didn't vote to see how people reacted, and he reacted in a very pro-town manner, so I voted Rai.
As soon as you were called out, you appealed to the person who called you out by calling them townie and then proceeding to vote like they asked you to. That looks more like an appeal than anything.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:28 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Cove:

TYou vote me for lurking, when

A: The person I voted for lurking lurks 99/100 times
B: Is lurking now
C: Is lurking mre than me
D: It was only several hours in at that time. You actually expect me to be able to tell if someone is lurking or not based on several hours?

Seriously
IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED WITH SSK YET, SEARCH UP HIS GAMES! HE LURKS IN ALMOST ALL OF THEM!
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:29 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

EBWOP:

unvote, vote Cove

Looking for easy target/skimimng/policy lynch[/b]
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Cove »

ani: What are you talking about, I didn't vote you, I FOS'd you. Also now you're talking about policy lynching as a reason for voting me, when you've been the biggest proponent in policy lynching SSk. Whut?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:42 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Cove wrote:ani: What are you talking about, I didn't vote you, I FOS'd you. Also now you're talking about policy lynching as a reason for voting me, when you've been the biggest proponent in policy lynching SSk. Whut?
Yeah, I mena to say FoS, but then I somehow went back.

Once you actually read some of SSK's games (where he constantly gets prodded, but never replaced) I'l lcontinue to explain.

Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Cove »

Also, I should ask where was I saying anything about policy lynching?

All of SSK's posts this game have content. I disagree with the stretch of a case on Parama that he started with, but I can see where his opinions lie about what has gone on this game. I can't say the same about you. I may go back and look at SSK's games, I may not, but the one thing I know is what has gone on in this game.

Lynching for lurking has to be accompanied by other evidence or I'm not going to buy it. That is one of the reasons I FOS'd, instead of voted, you.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:08 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Did you not notice the fact it was RVS still? How much evidence can you pick up on a player on Page 2 when they havn't posted yet?

Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Cove »

Well it's not RVS now, do you still feel the same way about SSK?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:16 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Well, I don'tsee as much pro-town content as you see, and it seems to fit within his meta, so he's fine for now.

Also ,why the hell is everyone harping on me for voting SSK for lurking during the RVS??? I DON'T GET IT!

Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Cove »

You continued with it for too long, and didn't aknowledge anything else that was going on.

Also, can you explain your reason for voting me a little further, I don't understand what you're talking about with "skimming" and "policy lynch".
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:27 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

--Continuning it for too long, etc.--
A) It was only on Page 2
B) I didn't post during page 3, so I had to go back and read it.

--Skimming--
MME and I already explained why on Page 2, yet you obviously missed it. Hence, skimming.

Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Cove »

animorpherv1 wrote: I didn't post during page 3
Your Page 3 post was:
animorpherv1 wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:Oh, incidentally, happy birthday!
This.

Also, why isn't Super Lurker SSK lynched yet?
I also didn't miss anything, I understand that you were voting SSK based on meta. I just don't know why you weren't commenting on anything else. If you couldn't figure it out, my FOS was to get you to start talking, and I think I succeeded. But now you've placed a terrible vote on me, where two out of the three things stated don't make any sense, and the third I feel is weak because I feel like I've explained myself.

This would be enough for my vote if I didn't have to just catch Zajnet holding out, being wishy washy, distancing, and backtracking. I still like my vote on him more, but I'm not opposed to voting you either.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”