Newbie 960 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:13 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

ToG wrote:Which player would you prefer get not lynched tonight ?
Once again, I do NOT like this question and would strongly suggest people NOT answer this.

---
Vote Count

Day 1; 9 alive, 5 to lynch

andrew94 (1) - Titiboo
Titiboo (1) - NomDePlume
Memnon (1) - I Am Innocent
Equinox (1) - Sotty7

Yet to vote (5) - andrew94, Equinox, Memnon, Ren, ToG
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:19 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Voting History Summary:

Andrew - Never voted
Equinox - Only an RVS vote. Unvoted over a week ago
Titiboo - Early (RVS?) vote on Andrew, nothing since. Waiting for a replacement
Memnon - RVS vote, and Policy Lynch vote on Andrew. Nothing since.
Ren - Early vote for Andrew, nothing since

This group consists of Lurkers, Tunnelers, or Fencesitters, and that will be where my focus is in the short term.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:41 am

Post by Equinox »

andrew94, please use NAMES. I don't know what the hell you're talking about if you keep talking about "that guy" or "this guy."
andrew94 wrote:so basically, your still fence sitting? telling the mod to pod ppl is a way of not getting off the middle of the fence? correct me if i am wrong
No. I'm asking the mod to prod people because I want to hear from them, and they haven't posted in 48-72 hours.
I Am Innocent wrote:This group consists of Lurkers, Tunnelers, or Fencesitters, and that will be where my focus is in the short term.
And all of them (except me and andrew94) have voted andrew94. Coincidence?
ToG
ToG
Townie
ToG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:40 am

Post by ToG »

I Am Innocent wrote:
I do not like publicizing such lists cause if we all say who we think is most town, it gives the scum easy night targets to pick off as these are people they most likely won't be able to get lynched.

Best Pro-Town advice I can give, list your top few mafia suspects, and also list anything scummy you notice along the way. If you do not find anything scummy or suspicious in a player and you do die, we can iso your posts and the lack of suspicion on some players will be telling enough.

Make sense?
Ok I agree, I will stop posting my list online but will still do it offline, the reasons why I put this list up were:

1.It is a possibility for the cop to tell which townie he has investigated last night. Then if the cop gets lynched for some reason we are still able to retrieve this information.

2. It gives the Doc a better overview, or if we don't have a doc it is harder for scum to false claim Doc later. If we put up a Town-Scum List we are giving the Doc an number of People he can choose from to protect. If his choices don't match with the Town Scum list we can ask him about his reasons.

3. If we lynch a scum player we can hopefully see a connection between him and his scum-buddy. If I were scum I would mostly try to ignore my scum-buddy and don't put him on any list. Or make any comments about his play style.

4. It generates a lot of content we are able to talk about. But this we will also get from most Scum player.
I am Innocent wrote:
ToG wrote: Which player would you prefer get not lynched tonight ?
Once again, I do NOT like this question and would strongly suggest people NOT answer this.
Here I completely agree with you, this question should not be answered.
But I would still like top scum suspects from everyone.

Will start voting as soon as everyone posts their top scum players.
/tog
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:57 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

This space for rent. And now for vote counts!

Vote Count

Day 1; 9 alive, 5 to lynch

andrew94 (1) - Titiboo
Titiboo (1) - NomDePlume
Memnon (1) - I Am Innocent
Equinox (1) - Sotty7

Yet to vote (5) - andrew94, Equinox, Memnon, Ren, ToG

I have prodded NomDePlume and Ren.
Last edited by inHimshallibe on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Equinox »

[theory]

ToG wrote:1.It is a possibility for the cop to tell which townie he has investigated last night. Then if the cop gets lynched for some reason we are still able to retrieve this information.
The cop will have his/her own town-scum list to work with. We also don't have cops going "public" here because of the possibility of a mafia roleblocker. Cops go public when they have a guilty result or when they're about to get lynched. If s/he dies, we can just do as I Am Innocent says; we look at the cop in ISO and look at who s/he ignored or backed.
ToG wrote:2. It gives the Doc a better overview, or if we don't have a doc it is harder for scum to false claim Doc later. If we put up a Town-Scum List we are giving the Doc an number of People he can choose from to protect. If his choices don't match with the Town Scum list we can ask him about his reasons.
Posting the town-scum list actually creates the need for the doctor to use it. Without the list, the doctor will still look for the obvious townies or the most aggressive scum hunters and save them.
ToG wrote:3. If we lynch a scum player we can hopefully see a connection between him and his scum-buddy. If I were scum I would mostly try to ignore my scum-buddy and don't put him on any list. Or make any comments about his play style.
I don't see what relation this has to your list, but I definitely agree with the "connection" part you state here. The scum won't necessarily ignore his/her scum buddy, though.
ToG wrote:4. It generates a lot of content we are able to talk about. But this we will also get from most Scum player.
We can do the same thing without listing townies. Point at someone you think is scum and accuse them. That gets conversations going, assuming your target isn't lurking.

[/theory]

You always have to consider the possibility that we don't have any power roles at all. For all we know, this setup could be 7 townies.
ToG wrote:Will start voting as soon as everyone posts their top scum players.
...don't you have your own top scum? You don't have to wait for approval from the rest of us.

I feel like Humpty Dumpty. I keep tipping back and forth. Eventually I'll fall off the wall... and then you lot won't be able to put me back together again. :P

I'm starting to think andrew94 is a favorite scum wagon. Granted, I'm not sure of my read on him, but it looks like scum would be voting for him, bussing or otherwise. That means I need to take a closer look at Memnon, Ren, and Titiboo.

I'm still in favor of policy lynching if we don't get anything else. andrew94 in LyLo would not be a favorable situation to be in, and scum would never kill him... assuming he's town.
NomDePlume
NomDePlume
Goon
NomDePlume
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:09 am

Post by NomDePlume »

Well it's a shame Titiboo is AWOL, I sure was hoping to see some more stuff out of that spot. Since a vote there is currently redundant:

Unvote

I think Ren is likely to return, seems like a active enough player to not be flaking. I want to know why Ren has lied about age, especially after telling Andrew that "A townie has no reason to lie about anything". Curious thing to lie about:

Vote Ren

Welcome to the replacements. Hi IAI: not quite the shock and awe post blitzkreig of our last game but nice to see you!
ToG
ToG
Townie
ToG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:15 am

Post by ToG »

Equinox wrote:
[theory]

ToG wrote:3. If we lynch a scum player we can hopefully see a connection between him and his scum-buddy. If I were scum I would mostly try to ignore my scum-buddy and don't put him on any list. Or make any comments about his play style.
I don't see what relation this has to your list, but I definitely agree with the "connection" part you state here. The scum won't necessarily ignore his/her scum buddy, though.

[/theory]

If you create a scum list, you have to give some reasons why you put each person on their place. Therefore you have to give a comment about your Scum-buddy.

But the above text was just explaining my thoughts why I created the Town-Scum list. I now see that it was a fault and will stop posting it online.
Euinoqx wrote:
ToG wrote:Will start voting as soon as everyone posts their top scum players.
...don't you have your own top scum? You don't have to wait for approval from the rest of us.

I feel like Humpty Dumpty. I keep tipping back and forth. Eventually I'll fall off the wall... and then you lot won't be able to put me back together again. :P

I'm starting to think andrew94 is a favorite scum wagon. Granted, I'm not sure of my read on him, but it looks like scum would be voting for him, bussing or otherwise. That means I need to take a closer look at Memnon, Ren, and Titiboo.

I'm still in favor of policy lynching if we don't get anything else. andrew94 in LyLo would not be a favorable situation to be in, and scum would never kill him... assuming he's town.
1. You are in this game since the beginning and your only vote was a random vote.

2. You get pressured for not voting anyone and head out for the player that was under the most pressure. Yet you still don't vote.

3. While you are under a little pressure and you start attacking all other player that were mentioned as a little bit scummy.

4. The creation of the Spreadsheet while nice. Is in my opinion a scummy thing to do. It is only collecting Information that is already available. By saying that you will even do it if you get lynched just screams out "I AM TOWN". Because clearly scum would not further update this list. A little bit too loud for me, town player should not post "I am Town...".

Your argument that you did this also in other games is invalid. The sentence that you posted in the other games was:
Equinox wrote: I stole this idea from Sauron. These spreadsheets list post number, players, and votes. It's available here. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's an error.
Yet in this game you posted:
Equinox wrote:I totally stole this idea from Sauron, who is doing this in all of his games. This is a spreadsheet that lists all the votes that people have made. It can be accessed here. I'll be updating this for as long as I'm still in the game, and I'll continue it even if I'm dead (i.e., only if I get replaced out will I stop). If there are any mistakes, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Vote Euinoqx

Please explain why you changed your sentence ?
/tog
ToG
ToG
Townie
ToG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:18 am

Post by ToG »

Unvote Vote Equinox
/tog
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Equinox »

NomDePlume wrote:I want to know why Ren has lied about age, especially after telling Andrew that "A townie has no reason to lie about anything".
Please reference the post where Ren contradicted themselves. I'm having trouble finding it.
ToG wrote:4. The creation of the Spreadsheet while nice. Is in my opinion a scummy thing to do. It is only collecting Information that is already available. By saying that you will even do it if you get lynched just screams out "I AM TOWN". Because clearly scum would not further update this list. A little bit too loud for me, town player should not post "I am Town...".
Are you serious?

I'm too townie to actually be town? Heh. I should try this one when I'm scum.

I volunteered to update it after death because I thought it would suck if I let it die just because I was out of the game. I didn't think for one second that it could be illegal. It was purely an honor thing.
ToG wrote:Please explain why you changed your sentence ?
Yeah, the wording's different. I don't know why.

Also, it's against site rules to cite ongoing games. Please don't do that again.
ToG wrote:1. You are in this game since the beginning and your only vote was a random vote.

2. You get pressured for not voting anyone and head out for the player that was under the most pressure. Yet you still don't vote.
I don't throw votes willy-nilly. I'll participate in RVS for lulz, but otherwise I hold 'em close until I have an actual use for them.

I found the person being pressured worth pressuring. Got a problem?

I don't think you really believe even half the things you're saying in that post. That's not necessarily scummy, since this is your first game and you might be misreading town, scum, and null tells, but realize that if I think you're purposefully padding a fake case, you're done.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP:
Equinox wrote:
NomDePlume wrote:I want to know why Ren has lied about age, especially after telling Andrew that "A townie has no reason to lie about anything".
Please reference the post where Ren contradicted themselves. I'm having trouble finding it.
I found it. It wasn't in Ren's ISO, which was why I had trouble.
ToG wrote:@Ren in 909 Post 161 you say that you are 19, here you say that you are 21. That means that you life on a planet that rotates 6 times as fast as earth. Why do you lie about your location ? :)
Here's the post in question. Now I'm interested in Ren's answer to this as well, even if it's not game-related.

NomDePlume, did you check ToG's citation, or did you just take his word for it?
ToG
ToG
Townie
ToG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by ToG »

Equinox wrote:
ToG wrote:4. The creation of the Spreadsheet while nice. Is in my opinion a scummy thing to do. It is only collecting Information that is already available. By saying that you will even do it if you get lynched just screams out "I AM TOWN". Because clearly scum would not further update this list. A little bit too loud for me, town player should not post "I am Town...".
Are you serious?

I'm too townie to actually be town? Heh. I should try this one when I'm scum.
Ok sorry, I wasn't able to express myself correctly.
I am not saying that you appear too townie. I am saying that you write out "I am town". For me its the same thing as someone just plainly stating "oh btw I am town". Wouldn't that sound suspicious to you ?
Equinox wrote: I volunteered to update it after death because I thought it would suck if I let it die just because I was out of the game. I didn't think for one second that it could be illegal. It was purely an honor thing.
ToG wrote:Please explain why you changed your sentence ?
Yeah, the wording's different. I don't know why.
Not the wording is different, the meaning is different.
Equinox Post: 193 from this game wrote: I've mentioned in all the games in which I'm doing this that I'll continue the spreadsheet even if I'm dead. Now that you mention it, I should send PMs asking if that's okay... I'll go do that.
Why did you lie about this ? I only skimmed through the other games but it seemed that this is the first one that you did state that you will update it after death.
Equinox wrote: Also, it's against site rules to cite ongoing games. Please don't do that again.
Ok I will never cite anything from an ongoing game again. Are we still able to discuss this here ? Or do we have to forget everything about it ?
Equinox wrote:
ToG wrote:1. You are in this game since the beginning and your only vote was a random vote.

I don't throw votes willy-nilly. I'll participate in RVS for lulz, but otherwise I hold 'em close until I have an actual use for them.

I found the person being pressured worth pressuring. Got a problem?

I don't think you really believe even half the things you're saying in that post. That's not necessarily scummy, since this is your first game and you might be misreading town, scum, and null tells, but realize that if I think you're purposefully padding a fake case, you're done.
At the moment you are my most suspicious player. I will try to further pressure you. If you don't like that start telling us
why
you choose to pressure Andrew94.
/tog
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

NomDePlume wrote:Welcome to the replacements. Hi IAI: not quite the shock and awe post blitzkreig of our last game but nice to see you!
Hi NDP. It was either replacing in this game with you, or in another game with Remouk. The two players that are responsible for keeping my perfect record going...couldn't go wrong either way! :D

Yeah this replaced game is a little bit different. There has not been much to post on since their is so few people actually scumhunting. That game had such a crazy first day, I could have written a thesis on that crap! :lol:

I really like ToG's post before this one. (207?)

Not sure I like this last line though from Equinox. I see it as trying to intimidate a newbie who is actually doing some scumhunting. My first game (908) someone did that to me, and I actually backed off their lynch D3. Went to D4 with 4 people, and I found some condemning evidence and nailed his scummy butt.

So how about instead of trying to scare the newer players with OMGUS threats, how about scumhunt for a change?
Equinox wrote:I don't think you really believe even half the things you're saying in that post. That's not necessarily scummy, since this is your first game and you might be misreading town, scum, and null tells,
but realize that if I think you're purposefully padding a fake case, you're done
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Equinox »

ToG wrote:I am not saying that you appear too townie. I am saying that you write out "I am town". For me its the same thing as someone just plainly stating "oh btw I am town". Wouldn't that sound suspicious to you ?
If they actually just made a post out of the blue saying, "I am town," yes, I would be suspicious.

I still fail to see what the problem is with the spreadsheet is, though. I'm not implying I'm town by doing that. I'm just providing something that I'm already making for others' convenience, and I did not expect people to actually place any interpretations on that action.
ToG wrote:Ok I will never cite anything from an ongoing game again. Are we still able to discuss this here ? Or do we have to forget everything about it ?
It's better if we don't. If you're reading ongoing games for meta, you can. You're just not allowed to talk about those games specifically. You've already walked on dangerous ground by using those quotes.

The reason I refuse to elaborate further on the issue you've brought up is because I'd violate site rules by talking about them. I'll be free to talk however much we both would like once those games are over.
ToG wrote:At the moment you are my most suspicious player. I will try to further pressure you. If you don't like that start telling us why you choose to pressure Andrew94.
I'm perfectly fine with pressure. I just don't like the reasoning you've used to conclude that "Equinox is scummy." From my perspective, it's faulty logic, and I think you only used it because there was no other evidence of me being scummy or someone else being scummy. For all I knew, you could have been scum trying to push a flimsy case.

I'll explain why I chose to question andrew94. andrew94 was providing very guarded answers to questions, so I wanted to probe further. Probing further resulted in responses that were even more guarded, and andrew94 became more and more defensive. That set off alarm bells. At some point I thought the defensiveness was most likely due to his perception that he was being harassed, so I ceased questioning.

The way he's guarding his answers and the way he's been very defensive -- lashing out at anyone who questions him, attempting to deflect attention off himself to others, sometimes outright refusing to answer certain questions that didn't warrant refusal -- as well as his lack of attention to anything else in the thread that does not directly pertain to him has me reading him as,
at best
, slightly scummy. If he's town, I do not want him making decisions for my faction in LyLo, and I figure, from experience, that he will never be NKed.

I Am Innocent's list of votes has me thinking that scum would be on the andrew94 wagon because it's a very easy lynch for Day 1, and anyone would be able to claim that they did not want inattention or indecisiveness in LyLo. That does not reduce my suspicion of andrew94; it merely motivates me to look again at Memnon, Ren, and Titiboo.

Sometimes, the most obvious and easiest target is scum.
I Am Innocent wrote:Not sure I like this last line though from Equinox. I see it as trying to intimidate a newbie who is actually doing some scumhunting.
ToG is doing scum hunting, yes. I just didn't like how his case looked; it looked to me like a house built out of old Popsicle sticks without glue. I've already stated that might be because telling tells apart takes a bit more experience. I chose to put that disclaimer/threat there in case he was actually scum trying to build a fake case. I was probably a bit too aggressive with that comment, though, so I'll acknowledge that my last paragraph could have done without it.
I Am Innocent wrote:So how about instead of trying to scare the newer players with OMGUS threats, how about scumhunt for a change?
Titiboo is AWOL.

Ren is AWOL.

andrew94 is MIA, but I've already promised never to question him again because he will not answer anything asked to my satisfaction.

I'll get back to you when the people I really want to question are here. Interpret that as stalling if you want.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i just havent posted for 20 hours and im MIA? is that missing?
and yes, in previous games, there is ONLY ONE possible set of roles. in this, there might not even be any power roles and ppl can just bullshit and no1 coounter claims due to not even having THAT role.

also, you are still fence sitting equalix.

and ren is my top suspect.
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Memnon
Memnon
Goon
Memnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:37 am

Post by Memnon »

Lol. Equalix?

Sorry guys if I haven't been posting recently, I've been a bit busy. I'll try to catch up on the thread and post sometime today.
Thanks to Equinox for putting together my wiki without my knowledge. <3

I am currently on hiatus. Expected return date: next spring.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:29 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Equinox wrote:Titiboo is AWOL.

Ren is AWOL.

andrew94 is MIA, but I've already promised never to question him again because he will not answer anything asked to my satisfaction.

I'll get back to you when the people I really want to question are here. Interpret that as stalling if you want.
This game started May 18th I believe. That means our deadline is around next Tuesday, June 8th. Five days away. Do you really think we have time to stall and not focus on the players that are here?
andrew94 wrote:and ren is my top suspect.
But yet you have not voted ren. As a matter of fact, you have not voted anyone in the two+ weeks this game has been played.
Memnon wrote:Sorry guys if I haven't been posting recently, I've been a bit busy. I'll try to catch up on the thread and post sometime today.
Three straight posts by three of the four posters who do not have a vote currently placed.

I think we are at the point where we need to all place a vote for the person we are most willing to lynch. Then we look at the votes, and as a group get two or three strong wagons going. Doing that will help us start to get some answers. But this laying low, one or two votes on a player here or there, and four or five people not voting at all, is very anti-town.

So everyone, please vote now for the person you are most willing to lynch. If you have been using your vote to create pressure but it is not on the person you are most willing to lynch, please move it.

Oh, and don't anyone lynch accidentally. If someone gets to L-1 and that is who you were going to vote for, use a
FOS
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Equinox »

andrew94 wrote:i just havent posted for 20 hours and im MIA? is that missing?
and yes, in previous games, there is ONLY ONE possible set of roles. in this, there might not even be any power roles and ppl can just bullshit and no1 coounter claims due to not even having THAT role.

also, you are still fence sitting equalix.

and ren is my top suspect.
1. You don't answer anything. You're as good as missing.

2. You don't just sit back and let them claim. You read their posts. You look at their claim. You think about how plausible it is that they really are what they're saying they are. If you have any doubts, you challenge them. You don't have to be a cop to challenge a cop claim.

3. I'm still fence-sitting. Sue me.

4. Here, copy paste this and you're all set:

Code: Select all

[B]Vote: Ren[/B]

Or, if you're so inclined, change the "Ren" to "Equinox." Change it to anything you want.
I Am Innocent wrote:Five days away. Do you really think we have time to stall and not focus on the players that are here?
I don't find them scummy. Are you asking me to point at a town read and then accuse them of something I think they're not?
I Am Innocent wrote:So everyone, please vote now for the person you are most willing to lynch. If you have been using your vote to create pressure but it is not on the person you are most willing to lynch, please move it.
Vote: andrew94
L-1

I know I'm going to take tons of heat for that. Screw it. I'm going for a policy lynch. This town is clearly going to lynch someone who hasn't been scum hunting, even if it's not a real scum tell. I'd rather go for someone who has refused to answer questions, tried multiple times to deflect, and has explicitly stated that there are no problems with lying, than go for someone who is not even here to answer anything I'd ask.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:13 am

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP: I haven't been paying attention to vote counts, and my spreadsheet was not updated. >_>

andrew94 is at L-2, not L-1.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:16 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Equinox wrote:
Vote: andrew94
L-1

I know I'm going to take tons of heat for that. Screw it. I'm going for a policy lynch. This town is clearly going to lynch someone who hasn't been scum hunting, even if it's not a real scum tell. I'd rather go for someone who has refused to answer questions, tried multiple times to deflect, and has explicitly stated that there are no problems with lying, than go for someone who is not even here to answer anything I'd ask.
Why did you write L-1 after your andrew vote? I have that this is only his second vote.

Andrew, if you have a role, please do not claim.

Unofficial vote count:

2 Andrew - Titiboo, Equinox
2 Equinox - Sotty7, ToG
1 Memnon - I Am Innocent
1 Ren - NomDePlume

3 No votes - Andrew, Ren, Memnon
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Equinox »

Or L-3, as I can't seem to subtract properly.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:59 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

I Am Innocent wrote:
So everyone, please vote now for the person you are most willing to lynch. If you have been using your vote to create pressure but it is not on the person you are most willing to lynch, please move it.

Oh, and don't anyone lynch accidentally. If someone gets to L-1 and that is who you were going to vote for, use a
FOS
Regarding this strategy, if you have a vote cast and you want to keep it there, please tell the group as well so we can keep the discussion moving forward.

With that said, Memnon would be the person I am most willing to lynch, so I am leaving my vote there.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Memnon Post 184 wrote:@I Am Innocent & Sotty7

I gave up the case on andrew a while ago, I just didn't formally state said event. Also I haven't taken my vote off him yet cuz there is nowhere to move it yet.
I am having a hard time believing this. Looking at your ISO outside of your scum pairing post, there is little to suggest that you are giving up on Andrew. If this really is the case, why are you giving up? Also, who are your new suspects?

= = = = =
Equinox Post 194 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Why not post thoughts on the players that are here and worry about the others when they finally post? This sounds like stalling. If you think there is scum among the replacers, who and why? Come on, get your hands dirty already. Sitting back and asking theory questions isn't helping this game move forward at all.
I was thinking of probability when I said I thought scum would be among the replacements. With four replacements needed, chances are there's one mafia among them.
This is weak
Equinox Post 194 wrote:I'm stalling because I don't like working with half a game. Lynch me for that if you will, but I think scum would be a bit more eager to push rather than sit back. There are plenty of cases to piggy back right now.
I would like to lynch you actually. Deadline is around the corner and you are happy to stall while dishing out WIFOM. When do you intend to actually scum hunt? I'm going to go ahead and say that your attacks on Andrew and Ren are extremely weak and have me thinking both slots are town.
Equinox Post 205 wrote:I'm starting to think andrew94 is a favorite scum wagon. Granted, I'm not sure of my read on him, but it looks like scum would be voting for him, bussing or otherwise. That means I need to take a closer look at Memnon, Ren, and Titiboo.
Where's this 180 coming from?
Equinox Post 205 wrote:I'm still in favor of policy lynching if we don't get anything else. andrew94 in LyLo would not be a favorable situation to be in, and scum would never kill him... assuming he's town.
What part of “Newbie games aren't the place for policy lynches” do you guys not understand? We are not policy lynching Andrew or anyone in this game.

= = = = =

Post 216 by IAI is grade and taking the words out of my mouth. We need to see a little bit of life around here.

I want Equinox to be lynched because she is still refusing to scum hunt while voting for a policy lynch. She also slaps an Andrew vote down after calling his wagon a “favorite scum wagon” She is far and away the scummiest player right now. Memnon is close behind her, he needs to contribute more and soon. I would also like to see more from Nom.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Equinox »

I honestly cannot wait to see your reaction when I flip.
Sotty7 wrote:She also slaps an Andrew vote down after calling his wagon a “favorite scum wagon” She is far and away the scummiest player right now.
I also said in that same paragraph that this did not immediately make andrew94 town. If I were his scum buddy, I'd have bussed him. He could cost me the game.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Equinox »

A little more I could add to that.
Sotty7 wrote:She also slaps an Andrew vote down after calling his wagon a “favorite scum wagon” She is far and away the scummiest player right now.
Do you really think Equiscum would immediately vote andrew94 after clearly claiming scum would bus him?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”