Open 216 - Generic Reality Television Mafia! Day 2!

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 am

Post by XScorpion »

Groupthink wrote:One has two votes,
another has none;
the third person that I suspect has a votecount of one.
Way to be completely vague and useless to town. Give real answers.
This also means that you don't suspect SV. Any particular reason you think he is less likely to be scum than the 3 other phantom people?
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:12 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

Only 1/3rd of it is vague. Perhaps he doesn't want the scum to know his proclivity.
Justice will prevail
\m/
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:31 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Day 2, Vote Count 6:
4 Shattered Viewpoint (XScorpion, Deer, Miyu, kunkstar7)

2 imaginality (nopointinactingup, Shattered Viewpoint)
1 chnorek (Chronopie)
1 XScorpion (chnorek)
1 Chronopie (GroupThink)
1 nopointinactingup (imaginality)

Not Voting:

With 10 alive, it takes
6 to lynch!

Day 2 Deadline: June 11 4:30 PM CST.

chnorek has failed to post in 72 hours and has received his first prod.

Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Miyu »

Groupthink. For what reason did you vote for Chnorek?

Mod. GroupThink changed his vote from Chronopie to Chnorek in #746.

You could argue that the whole thing is vague. When he said that I believe.... both imaginality and chnorek were with two votes. Scorpion and nopoint with one vote.
Even if he "narrowed it down to x number of people"; it still does not specify whom he suspects. It leaves the door open to him changing the real person later...
Hi.
chnorek
chnorek
Goon
chnorek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by chnorek »

ups, sory for not posting.

Miyu hmm about not-random hypocoping: im quite sure that scum does not want "random" pick another scum. He does like to lurk and looking at his sig he seems to be proud of it. An idiot, but not necessary a scum.

Deer and Kunk still doing nothing. Its for sure good strategy not to post at all therefor not to give an opportunity to lynch themself but is it pro-town? not really... Deer did seem to care much about scumhunting in early stage of the game but it somehow faded away, thats typical for scum. Kunk is willing to lynch me to reval some info. It put us in Lylo yet he doesnt say what he could learn from my flip.

SV doesnt hide behind easy lurking. Just this makes him more likely town in my eyes.

Most interesting is Miyu and XScorp. Both of them were pushed hard by Ythan.

Miyu is posting a lot but very little content is in her posts. Seems like she is trying to get reads from others to choose easier target but same time she is trying to avoid stating her own opinions.

XScorp is playing like a jester. Either he is scum or stupid but doesnt seem to be really as stupid as he looks here. That makes him scum in my eyes.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Deer »

Are my posts invisible to chnorek or something?
chnorek wrote:XScorp is playing like a jester. Either he is scum or stupid but doesnt seem to be really as stupid as he looks here. That makes him scum in my eyes.
This is scummy as all hell.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Pro-tip: If you don't like how someone plays, don't call them stupid or an idiot. We might think you're making personal attacks against them, and that's kind of against the rules...

I like (sarcastically) how you don't comment on nopoint (who I'm pretty sure is scum with SV, and either you or Chrono), groupthink (who just voted for you without a case), or imaginality's accusation against you of being either scum or tunneling town.

Oh, and don't forget that Ythan pushed hardest for SV-scum, not Miyu or myself. Nice attempt at straw-man.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by XScorpion »

deer wrote:Are my posts invisible to chnorek or something?
Either he's scum and doesn't care because he can't easily lynch you, or he's tunneling town and barely realizes you exist.
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Miyu »

Er what?
Miyu hmm about not-random hypocoping: im quite sure that scum does not want "random" pick another scum. He does like to lurk and looking at his sig he seems to be proud of it. An idiot, but not necessary a scum.
Is this in response to me asking you, what you thought of Chronopie's non-random hypocop? He is an idiot, but not necessarily scum. How do you compute that. You use the non-random hypocop as a point against Scorpion - but when used in relation to Chronopie .... he is an idiot?

Also. Ythan did not push hard on either Scorpion or myself. He didn't seem to like either of us - but had he been pushing hard.. I'm sure one of us would've been lynched. Or he would've had his vote on one of us at the end of Day. But as I think he had it on SV....

I voted for SV, Chnorek. How is that not my own opinion bro?
Hi.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

chnorek wrote:Miyu hmm about not-random hypocoping: im quite sure that scum does not want "random" pick another scum. He does like to lurk and looking at his sig he seems to be proud of it. An idiot, but not necessary a scum.
But, IMO, scum wouldn't act like an idiot (hello, WIFOM!) so, I don't think that Chrono would be an obv-idiot.

And, given chnorek's recent scum!post, I'll

unvote

Vote: chnorek
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Post by Miyu »

What about his post is scum, SV?
Hi.
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by GroupThink »

Chronopie wrote:The numbers I ran were the probability that the scum tailor coincided with the sole cop investigation.

Only tangentially connected with the hypocopping...
Are you implying the cop's results to be unreliable? If so, what's the point of assessing probabilities?

Deer wrote:
chnorek wrote:XScorp is playing like a jester. Either he is scum or stupid but doesnt seem to be really as stupid as he looks here. That makes him scum in my eyes.
This is scummy as all hell.
Really? How so?
kunkstar7 wrote:How is a non-random hypocop scummy?
I need to read up on this. What exactly
is
a hypocop? A hypothetical cop investigation...? (Googled to no avail..)
Miyu wrote:Groupthink. For what reason did you vote for Chnorek?
I wanted you to call me scummy for providing no reasoning.

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:But, IMO, scum wouldn't act like an idiot (hello, WIFOM!) so, I don't think that Chrono would be an obv-idiot.
I don't see how he's acting like an idiot.
chnorek wrote:ups, sory for not posting.
You forgot me.
XScorpion wrote:Way to be completely vague and useless to town. Give real answers.
This also means that you don't suspect SV. Any particular reason you think he is less likely to be scum than the 3 other phantom people?
You honestly need my suspicions to make a decision on your own?

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:And, given chnorek's recent scum!post, I'll

unvote

Well I guess I'll

unvote

Vote: chronopie
You never pass a test of faith.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by imaginality »

No, no, no.

GroupThink's last post is just terrible for at least five reasons.
GroupThink wrote:
Chronopie wrote:The numbers I ran were the probability that the scum tailor coincided with the sole cop investigation.

Only tangentially connected with the hypocopping...
Are you implying the cop's results to be unreliable? If so, what's the point of assessing probabilities?

kunkstar7 wrote:How is a non-random hypocop scummy?
I need to read up on this. What exactly
is
a hypocop? A hypothetical cop investigation...? (Googled to no avail..)

Miyu wrote:Groupthink. For what reason did you vote for Chnorek?
I wanted you to call me scummy for providing no reasoning.

XScorpion wrote:Way to be completely vague and useless to town. Give real answers.
You honestly need my suspicions to make a decision on your own?

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:And, given chnorek's recent scum!post, I'll

unvote

Well I guess I'll

unvote

Vote: chronopie

The first 3 parts I've quoted are lazy. Lazy thinking, lazy reading, lazy play. 4 misses the whole point of why giving reads and giving reasons is pro-town - it's not that it helps us make a decision about those players you suspect, it's (mainly) because it helps us get a better read on you. 5 is a lazy vote using SV's vote as cover, and not even getting the right name.

GroupThink, you've got to do better than this. You can start by telling us who your suspects are. That should be easy to do, assuming you actually have some.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Post by Miyu »

GroupThink. Hypocop - what it is and etcetera was linked to and gone over in the first... 5/6 pages or so of the game.

Are you scum GroupThink?

You keep switching your vote for absolutely no reason... let alone you fail to give reasons to your votes. Why is your Chronopie vote seemingly based on SV's actions?
Is this like a Jester convention or something?
Hi.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Post by imaginality »

Edit: If GroupThink did mean to vote Chronopie in his latest post, I see possible GT-chnorek links. If GT meant to vote chnorek (which is how the way he voted after quoting SV's vote made it seem to me), it's a lazy vote.

Unvote;
vote: chnorek

Feeling fairly sure SV and chnorek are either both scum, but if they're not, they're both town and I'd rather mislynch chnorek than SV in that case.

@ XScorpion, Deer, Miyu, kunkstar7: do you think SV is scumbuddies with chnorek or not? If no, why not? If yes, come join us on the chnorek wagon.

GroupThink falls into the 'too scummy to be scum' category for me at the moment; it's a shame we can't use up a policy lynch on him (if we mislynch today, it's mislynch-and-lose tomorrow).
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:49 am

Post by XScorpion »

I am almost certain that SV is scum.
I suspect nopoint is his most likely partner.
The third person I'm not so sure about, leaning towards Chronopie. At this point I'm willing to wager that Chnorek is tunneling town and Groupthink is just failing epically at being pro-town, although if I'm wrong, the scum is almost definitely one of the other two.
I'm ok voting Chnorek to avoid no-lynch, but I still think SV is the right choice today, given Ythan's death (lol WIFOM).
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:59 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Well....I was going to make a post about how SV and chnorek weren't distancing bussing, but I reread their last few posts and yea...
chnorek wrote:SV doesnt hide behind easy lurking. Just this makes him more likely town in my eyes.
Apparently not lurking is good enough to be town, despite the rest of SV's scumminess. Chnorek is trying to distance SV from himself here.
SV wrote:And, given chnorek's recent scum!post, I'll

unvote

Here we go, nice bussing, even without explaining why chnorek's post was scummy..

I would hazard that GT is probably the third candidate for scum, his chronopie vote is either an attempt to deflect from chnorek, or a failed attempt to bus chnorek. I guess in reality I'm willing to support either wagon, as both of them have done enough to deserve the lynch on their own.
Welcome to the Network.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:29 am

XScorpion wrote: I like (sarcastically) how you don't comment on nopoint (who I'm pretty sure is scum with SV, and either you or Chrono), groupthink (who just voted for you without a case), or imaginality's accusation against you of being either scum or tunneling town.
XScorpion wrote:I am almost certain that SV is scum.
I suspect nopoint is his most likely partner.
The third person I'm not so sure about, leaning towards Chronopie. At this point I'm willing to wager that Chnorek is tunneling town and Groupthink is just failing epically at being pro-town, although if I'm wrong, the scum is almost definitely one of the other two.
I'm ok voting Chnorek to avoid no-lynch, but I still think SV is the right choice today, given Ythan's death (lol WIFOM).
--> A lot of gut feelings and a lot of badly-put-together for a "pretty sure". If you're so sure, care to present the entirety of your case?

And please save your wild speculations of scum partners for until at least AFTER one scum has been found. If you are scum, what you are saying certainly confuses the town because it is just imaginative theories with no foundation. If you are town, you are giving a lot of information to the scum and practically nothing to town. Either way, it's anti-town.

And for me personally, you are saying I'm obviously SV's scumbuddy because I defended him, although we all don't even know SV's role yet. And that's the sole reason you are suspecting me. I consider it a responsibility to defend whoever I think is town. It is more often scums who play the middle road.

As in -->
kunkstar7 wrote: I guess in reality I'm willing to support either wagon, as both of them have done enough to deserve the lynch on their own.
@Groupthink: Don't be too "lackadaisical" ;) Read the thread carefully please. Hypocop explanation: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7307 .
Justice will prevail
\m/
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:57 am

Post by XScorpion »

What makes so you convinced that SV is town? If you want to explain his voting patterns, obvious lack of scumhunting and how Ythan was completely wrong about his read, go right ahead.

And speaking of "middle road," your play in this game has been very interesting. On day 1 you fail to vote for anyone (other than mavs), and on day 2 (after discussion with your scumbuddies?) you suddenly decide that imaginality and chnorek are obvious scum. Your argument on imaginality?
nopoint wrote:However, his recent activities is typically lurkish, inconsistent with his play in the early game.
He already explained that his inability to post was due to connection issues. And inconsistent/consistent play does not tell you who is scum - I've won by sitting around playing VI all game as scum. In any case, how exactly is your play consistent, when you go from sitting in the background doing nothing and lurking to a chainsaw defense of SV with attacks on Chnorek and Imaginality? Your play is riddled with hypocrisy.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:18 am

I already stated why I think SV is likely town. And it's not because he's pro-town so I will not explain his voting patterns, blah blah blah ...

*clap clap* for your little imagination. Unlike you, who rambles about everything with clear lack of solid reasons, only Day 2 where there is more solid info do I prefer make close speculations. And a correction, I've suspected Chronek since Day 1. I suspected Imaginality in Day 2 not due to his broken promise to post, mind you. I just wondered why he was all enthusiastic with the hypocopping idea and scum-hunting at the beginning of the game and suddenly lost interest in posting. Scums do have a tendency to settle down when they earn enough credibility. You can say that I think Miyu is likely to be town because despite being considered town, he maintains his stimulating questions.

And please don't, for the sake of your own argument, twist my words to fit what you like to see. Since when did I say Imaginality and Chronek is "obvious scum"? I merely think them some 5-10% more likely scum than many of the rest.
Justice will prevail
\m/
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:27 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Day 2, Vote Count 7:
4 Shattered Viewpoint (XScorpion, Deer, Miyu, kunkstar7)

3 chnorek (Chronopie, Shattered Viewpoint, imaginality)
1 imaginality (nopointinactingup)
1 XScorpion (chnorek)
1 Chronopie (GroupThink)

Not Voting:

With 10 alive, it takes
6 to lynch!

Day 2 Deadline: June 11 4:30 PM CST.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Deer »

imaginality wrote:
@ XScorpion, Deer, Miyu, kunkstar7: do you think SV is scumbuddies with chnorek or not? If no, why not? If yes, come join us on the chnorek wagon.
I do. The order we lynch them doesn't really matter to me, so
unvote, vote: chnorek
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by Miyu »

Uh what Imaginality? When GroupThink switched his vote to Chronopie, he had already been voting for Chnorek. So he went from voting Chnorek to voting Chronopie. Also, you think he mistyped or something? Or.. Actually, no idea where you get that from - other than it is a stretch.

Yes you could say that the Vote Tally at the top of the page has him voting for Chronopie - however the post right after the tally has me pointing out that he was voting for Chnorek, not Chronopie.

If I remember correctly.. GroupThink's voting for toDay. Chronopie -> Chnorek -> Chronopie. When I asked him about his Chnorek vote, I believe he responded with something to the effect of 'I wanted to be called scummy' in regards to it.

You say that if we mislynch toDay, then it is mylo toMorrow. Yet you are fine with a mislynch of Chnorek over a mislynch of SV - if they are both town?

I'm not sure about ties between SV and Chnorek. The only thing off the top of my head, if I remember it correctly. Was the SV waited to vote for Chnorek until other people had voted him first. Could've been opportunistic bussing on his part. I think there is definitely something between Chnorek and Chronopie. However Chnorek is just.. I have a hard time understanding a lot of what he says.

Really Deer?
Hi.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by imaginality »

I don't want a mislynch at all, Miyu, obviously. If I thought it likely either is town I wouldn't be voting for them. But if it does turn out I'm wrong and they're both town then yes, I think SV is more likely to help us successfully catch the scum tomorrow than chnorek is, so I'd rather it's chnorek we mislynched than SV.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:31 am

Post by XScorpion »

@Imaginality: Do you think SV is equally scummy compared to Chnorek?

Return to “Completed Open Games”