Mini 982 - The Mars Volta Mafia(Game Over)

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Parama »

Mod: I'm going to be V/LA from 6/6 to 6/9.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:09 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

#Doombunny:

It's page 7. Nothing really incriminating has come up yet.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Parama »

By page 3 there's enough to find at least 3 scum reads. By page 7 we can catch scum for sure. That's no excuse, Ani.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:14 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Parama wrote:By page 3 there's enough to find at least 3 scum reads. By page 7 we can catch scum for sure. That's no excuse, Ani.
I don't think it's possible to find scum based of 2 pages of RVS and one page of serious.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Parama »

Show

GET TO KNOW ME

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:50 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Yes, but you:

A) Claimed 3 scum, there were 2

B) Got the second one wrong

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Parama »

I knew that at least one of my scum reads had to be wrong because I was scum myself <_<
I got one wrong. I was still 50%. And Kunk was my strongest scum read. So technically I was right.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:53 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

The other half of the case is actually getting people to belive you.

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Parama »

kunk wagon took off after that post <_<
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Incognito »

Post 143, animorpherv1 wrote:Because how far he goes after the lynch. I don't see town push
hard
a lot.
Meh. I've certainly seen some tunnel visioned townies in my day as well as some hard-pushing scum too. I'm guessing your experience has been different from mine.
Post 151, animorpherv1 wrote:It's page 7. Nothing really incriminating has come up yet.
Thoughts on Zajnet and Cove? They've both accumulated some non-random votes so far, so I don't think you can really say there's nothing that's been incriminating so far unless you absolutely disagree with everything that's been said about them.

@Doombunny:
I haven't referenced Zajnet any time prior to that post because he hasn't really done much in the thread for me to talk about. And prior to that, my focus was on Cove who I've since backed off of. I don't think a formal case against Zajnet is necessary right now - if I did make one, it would probably be something like 1) keeping his options open, 2) playing defense as opposed to offense, and 3) being a bit lurky so far. That's about it.

Post 127, Me=Weird wrote:
Unvote
thoughts later, I don't have time to thoroughly read the game right now.
Post 139, Me=Weird wrote:Actually ani, cove may be thinking of Newbie 928, and he's pushing for a lynch on you more than me. You haven't reread, have you?
FoS: ani
either he reread the thread and needs to learn to read, or he didn't and lied about it.
Post 142, Me=Weird wrote:Slight mix-up with another game.
Vote: animorpherv1
So. What
did
your read turn up exactly? Your vote on ani seems completely based on page 6 stuff.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Incognito »

btw, in that Eat Poop You Cat game in Mish Mash, my original sentence was a line from a Mars Volta song: https://www.mafiascum.net/mith/epyc/epyc.php?c=18. Cool, huh?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

@Incog:

I meant not incriminating as in I'm not ready for a hammer. They both have scummy points to them, but I'd rather go on for a while first.

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Ani wrote:It's page 7. Nothing really incriminating has come up yet.
...Am i reading this right? Nothing scummy happens by page seven? Not even a little? Ani: You either doin' something wrong or you scum.
Ani wrote:I don't think it's possible to find scum based of 2 pages of RVS and one page of serious.
But we have 2 page of RVS and
pages of serious.
Ani wrote:I meant not incriminating as in I'm not ready for a hammer. They both have scummy points to them, but I'd rather go on for a while first.
Of course you're not ready for a hammer, we still have plenty of day to talk and scumhunt... Something you're not doing AT ALL.

Unvote, Vote: Animorph
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by Raivann »

Doombunny is really reaching.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:39 am

Post by Seraphim »

"You are never going to believe this but I'm pretty sure this board is legit."

"The shopkeeper, in broken English, called it the Soothsayer or something along those lines. He called it something else, actually, but Soothsayer is a pretty accurate translation I like to think. I mean, my Arabic is pretty good."

"But anyway, me and my other friend, Todd(you know Todd, right? Biology major, long blond hair, wants to grow a beard but can't do it cause his hair's too light?) decided to play the board. I knew Arabic and translated the game."

"It was goddamn spooky, girl. I swear to God that the board was moving. on. its. own. No lie. No joke. I have to invite you over and try it out. We asked it questions, stupid stuff really, and it gave answers, not just answers,
accurate
answers. We asked when my old cat was going to kick the bucket, just for laughs."

"It said fourteen hours. As I'm writing this, it keeled over and died."

"We have to try this thing together, Cheryl."

May 5, 2011

Vote Count:

Parama(1)
- MafiaSSK
Incognito(0) -
Cove(2)
- SaintKerrigan, animorpherv1
animorpherv1(2)
- Me=Weird, Doombunny9
Zajnet(4)
- Cove, Parama, Raivann, Incognito
My Milked Eek(0) -
SaintKerrigan(0) -
Me=Weird(0) -
NavyCherub(0) -
MafiaSSK(1)
- My Milked Eek
Doombunny9(1)
- NavyCherub
Raivann(1)
- Zajnet

Not Voting(0) -

Deadline: June 15th, 2010 6:00pm CST
With 12 alive, it is 7 to lynch

Cove's V/LA is noted
Parama's V/LA is noted

I'm going to be a little lenient about activity until Finals are over for most people seeing as almost half of the players have declared V/LA. Try and keep discussion moving, however, as I'm don't see myself moving the deadline.
Last edited by Seraphim on Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:11 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Ok, will be rereading this game (as well as others) today. Don't expect me to give my thoughts immediate presto, but I'll try hard to have something before the RL day ends.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Rai wrote:Doombunny is really reaching.
Alright, so my reasoning for wanting to lynch Ani ("I have no reads on anybody in the game!" and not contributing ANYTHING to the game) is reaching? You make me laugh.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Raivann »

Doombunny9 wrote:
Alright, so my reasoning for wanting to lynch Ani ("I have no reads on anybody in the game!" and not contributing ANYTHING to the game) is reaching? You make me laugh.
Thanks.

Rereading you're post sober, I actually like you're 1st and 3rd points against Ani.
Huh... go figure.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Raivann »

Oops I mean your.
Somewhat sober I guess :|
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 161, animorpherv1 wrote:I meant not incriminating as in I'm not ready for a hammer. They both have scummy points to them, but I'd rather go on for a while first.
Okay... but you never mentioned anything about whether you agreed with the points or anything; I had no clue you thought they had "scummy points to them" because you never said so. What points do you agree with so far?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:01 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I've already explained Cove, and I think Zajnet's responses don't seem right.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:40 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Not a big fan of Raivann's Post 81. I've already explained how my joke is a null-tell, and I did it in very clear detail. I also don't like how he claims his earlier disputed statement was "half-joking," because it completely dodges the question of whether his statement was serious or not.
Zajnet wrote:I'm going to have to /barn the people that have said that Raivann and Cove appear scummy from the SK joking thing.
That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if SK ends up being scum. In my experience, scum claims that early, even in obvious joking form, are driven by one of three things: a true joke (the least likely), a guilty conscience (also not very likely), or a scum trying to get townie points because what scum would claim scum? (the most likely). That being said, SK's responses have made me feel a lot better about him.
Excuse me? First you say you wouldn't be surprised if I'm scum because of my joke, then you say my responses make you feel better about me? How, exactly? Also, what is this "experience" you claim regarding "scum claims"?

Finally, /barn? Someone help me out on that term, please?
Cove wrote:One question I have for you, SaintK, is how is Me=Weird "getting" fishy? He has only posted once. You make it seem like you felt he was town before a case was built on him.
I didn't like how he plopped a vote on one of the two largest wagons at that time, especially under the guise of a joke vote. As for the "getting" fishy aspect, people start as neutral in my eyes, and depending on what they do they become townier or scummier. Since M=W hadn't posted prior to that point, he was still a complete neutral. His post made him seem scummier; hence, he was "getting fishy".

Hmm, it seems awfully convenient that you decide to drop the case you were pushing on me pretty hard once it was clear that I wasn't gaining any more lynch support.
Zajnet wrote:I didn't vote because I didn't know which one of you to vote for, and now I do. Your response was that of a townie.
Why was Cove's response town in your opinion? Why didn't you just select one of those two to vote for and see how it went? It's not like you thought they were mutually exclusive from being scum.
Zajnet wrote:I intentionally didn't vote to see how people reacted, and he reacted in a very pro-town manner, so I voted Rai.
Wait a minute. First you say you didn't vote because you weren't sure who to vote for. Now you say you were intentionally withholding your vote to observe reactions? Would you mind explaining why this isn't changing your story?

Animorph seems to be seriously overreacting to Cove's FoS, and his pushing a lurker lynch this early in the game is scummy. I'm also not keen on his responses about his overemphasis on pushing an MSSK lurker lynch.

I really don't like Raivann's push on Doombunny, especially the part where he asserts Doombunny is too sure that I'm town, when Raivann himself seems too sure that I'm scum for very flimsy reasons. The "distracting post" part also gave me headaches, and he's making a mountain out of a speck of dust with the exaggeration part. The bad part is, despite the gravity he gives his points, there's no vote or even an FoS. Scum tend to do that more often than townies.

I'm liking Cove's stuff on Zajnet so far. It's much more solid than the things he had against me.
Zajnet wrote:What would you rather I say? I said exactly what I was thinking, that you and Rai were seeming scum but if SaintK flipped scum it would make the two of you appear much more town.
Except that wasn't what you said.
Animorpherv1 wrote:FOR THE LAST TIME, IWAS NOT PUSHING A POLICY LYNCH ON HIM! IF YOU DON'T GET IT BY NOW, I AM NOT EXPLAINING
Then why did you keep it up after things became serious?

Dislike Navy's Doombunny case.

Me=Weird's explanation for his vote is bleh.
Animorpherv1 wrote:@Incog:

I can't say, as the only thing I've done this entre time is defend myself from idiots.
Lame. This is not an excuse for not having opinions.
Parama wrote:So you're not even trying to scumhunt. Thanks for letting us know.
And nobody is asking you for a defense. You have all of zero votes on you right now. That's not an excuse.
FoS: Ani
This.

Where is Cove trying for a M=W lynch, Ani? (Hint: he isn't.)

Agree with Incog's Post 159 sentiments regarding M=W.

Raivann shows that he's starting to tunnel on Doombunny in 163.

Ok, people I wouldn't mind lynching right now: Zajnet, Animorph, and Raivann. Cove and M=W are on the periphery of my scumdar. Everyone else is neutral or town.

Unvote: Cove. Vote: Raivann.
Perfectly willing to vote for the other two as well, but for now the vote's on Raivann.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Raivann »

@SaintK-

So you wouldn't mind lynching Zajnet who is the biggest wagon, Whats the matter?
Why vote me instead?
Why are you afraid to advance the Zaj wagon any furter?

igmeoy Zajnet,SainK.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:06 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Raivann wrote:@SaintK-

So you wouldn't mind lynching Zajnet who is the biggest wagon, Whats the matter?
Why vote me instead?
Why are you afraid to advance the Zaj wagon any furter?

igmeoy Zajnet,SainK.
1. Because I'm not ready to lynch yet, not until more discussion has been had. Besides, Zaj is not the only suspect I have.
2. Because I felt like it.
3. See #1.

Now let me ask you this, Raivann: why are you focusing on why I'm voting for you rather than one of my other suspects instead of defending yourself against my suspicions?
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Raivann »

SaintK wrote: Raivann shows that he's starting to tunnel on Doombunny in 163.
Really? I didn't see a tunneling accusation coming my way, interesting.

Looks like you missed this post though...
Raivann wrote:
Doombunny9 wrote:
Thanks.

Rereading you're post sober, I actually like you're 1st and 3rd points against Ani.
Huh... go figure.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”