Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Plum »

There is a sequel game planned (and maybe even another one after that), which will follow this theme with the next major story in the cycle. I do not anticipate the revival mechanic or the Silmaril mechanics to be making repeat appearances there, though. Flavor will probably be similar and there will be moderate Bastard elements involved. No Mod lying or such, but more than general inversions of site meta of various roles and suchlike. There may be special mechanics to spice things up a little more if necessary; I'll have to think about it . . .

Kinslayer Chat - Still disappointed the Finrod safeclaim wasn't used (nor the Melian one, dangit! I left out a few good characters in the hope that interesting things would happen. Granted, other interesting things happened). I still think this scumteam was give-or-take strong enough, but needed to avoid getting roleblocked so much. Cobalt would have resisted Farside's shot had SPS not gotten blocked when he tried to send the Bulletproof Vest over. The strength had to be cultivated partly through looking protown enough in the beginning that no one would look at them as either scummy enough to try to harm or even look like they were lurking too hard. If that worked out for the first two or so Days their power would have grown exponentially for a few Nights (they might've even been able to snatch the Silmaril later on, giving them a boost and forcing Farside to go after Zito) and leveled off with them in a good position. Even being NK'd wouldn't have been that bad if they were looking their protown best, because the Town would've probably Revived them the next Day. Actually, it interests me how some setups reward scum looking strongly protown more than other setups, where falling in the middle of the pack and having a lurkish player or two can be decent, even beneficial early in the game.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

/in

I'd like to play this game from the start this time...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by SpyreX »

SPS, which one? The one on you?

I explained that in thread. It was the way you were approaching the game.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Oh, Jack -- what was up with the Cop claim? Was that the meta business I thought it was, or something else?
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Anon »

This was a pain to watch.

A little imba, imo, but enjoyable until I died.

Who killed me?

Excellent flavor job, Plum. Im in for pretty much everything you mod from here on.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Iecerint »

^ MPR
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Plum, in her QT wrote:Good Vig play
Hooray, I'm useful!
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Jack »

Iecerint wrote:Oh, Jack -- what was up with the Cop claim? Was that the meta business I thought it was, or something else?
I was having trouble getting into the game. And I thought it would be funny if the mafia went back looking for it.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Oh.

Plum.

Couldn't help but notice.

Your revival mechanic was eerily similar to the one I used in Avatar Mafia which started at almost the exact same time as this one and we were each a player in each other's game. The fact that only a certain race could be revived was common in both. A revival was up to living players in each game even though mine was one specific player and yours was the town as a whole. The only major difference is that we knew about it here from the very beginning. Oh, and we both gave the option to either revive or destroy even though we called it different things.

So...um. Great minds think alike?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Jack wrote:
Iecerint wrote:Oh, Jack -- what was up with the Cop claim? Was that the meta business I thought it was, or something else?
I was having trouble getting into the game. And I thought it would be funny if the mafia went back looking for it.
Oh. I thought you were making a clandestine reference to a perceived Cop crumb on my part in Greek mythology (the "innocent eyes" bit from that game). Which is part of why I was resistant to calling you scum over there. And I thought that mindset wouldn't fit unless you shared alignments in both games. So that was the basis of the Secret Towntell. :P

I guess I should've guessed I was overthinking it when I crumbed my having figured it out in GM and you didn't confirm it. XD
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Jack »

Iecerint wrote:
Jack wrote:
Oh. I thought you were making a clandestine reference to a perceived Cop crumb on my part in Greek mythology (the "innocent eyes" bit from that game). Which is part of why I was resistant to calling you scum over there. And I thought that mindset wouldn't fit unless you shared alignments in both games. So that was the basis of the Secret Towntell. :P

I guess I should've guessed I was overthinking it when I crumbed my having figured it out in GM and you didn't confirm it. XD
Lol. No, I had no idea about any of that. I thought your secret town tell was something about how obviously town I was acting this game :cry:
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Nah, that wouldn't've had to have been a secret. :wink:
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Plum »

Kmd4390 wrote:Oh.

Plum.

Couldn't help but notice.

Your revival mechanic was eerily similar to the one I used in Avatar Mafia which started at almost the exact same time as this one and we were each a player in each other's game. The fact that only a certain race could be revived was common in both. A revival was up to living players in each game even though mine was one specific player and yours was the town as a whole. The only major difference is that we knew about it here from the very beginning. Oh, and we both gave the option to either revive or destroy even though we called it different things.

So...um. Great minds think alike?
Um, yeah, I was kinda thinking about this when
stuff
started to go down in Avatar Mafia, yeah, but I came to the same conclusion you did ;).

Re: Iec/Jack/stuff: Iec PM'd me at the time to ask if he wasn't going too far with the Jack-secret-towntell thing and though I could tell it probably had something to do with Greek Mythology I couldn't tell
what
for the life of me, and am fairly sure I still can't.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Someone (Andyscum?) replaced in and was like GOD IEC WHAT AN AWFUL COP BREADCRUMB I WILL REPOST IT FOR YOU. (NB: I didn't think of myself as a Cop, so it was a totally unintentional "crumb.") So when I saw that, I thought Jack had been lampshading it in THIS game to indicate that it was super-obvious in THAT game, and that I might need to take action appropriately.

I thought Plum was playing dumb to keep the peace. ^^;
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Plum »

No, I'm just genuinely dumb. I'm too slow for cross-referencing vague breadcrumbing in different games, partly because I'm never looking for it and try to stay away from it.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Oh thank goodness this is over.

I played horribly and I apologize to everyone for it. The limited reveal mechanic really really threw me off.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:56 am

Post by SocioPath »

Trackers/Watchers still hate me in large games, which I stated on N1 I think. :P
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:57 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Hey, Plum, if you had modkilled whoever had the Silmaril, would you have won, via your win condition on page one?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Plum »

MehPlusRawr wrote:Hey, Plum, if you had modkilled whoever had the Silmaril, would you have won, via your win condition on page one?
Dang, I hadn't thought about it. Frankly the Silmaril getting Modkilled would have foiled my plans heavily. I would have had to be semi-lenient in that situation and possibly mask a force-replace if need be. But realize that killing the Silmaril does not actually put it in your possession; it throws it into the
Halls of Mandos
where it's auto-revived when the next end-of-Day scene resolves (then again, Modkills bypass any revival mechanics and such in general anyway - still wondering whether I grievously mishandled the FFFF situation but there's not been much outcry so) . Farsideactually got killed once and her auto-revive was accidentally masked by the fact that the Town voted to regular Revive her. In truth, there was absolutely no way I as the Mod could have really won. Which is consistent with flavor.

Next game I'm going for a different Moderator persona . . . :twisted:
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

But if you kill whoever possesses the Silmaril, you get it yourself, right?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Plum »

Yeah. Oh wait. Heh.

If I'd had to Modkill I'd probably have invoked the Silmaril's clause where it gets to choose an eligible player to be possessed by next. Which I set up to be applicable only if the Silmaril itself gets killed, but yeah.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”