RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

K, mod PM'd me saying that all I know is that I trigger the ability to kill; I don't know who does it, or when.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

RichardGHP wrote:
Claim: Renly Baratheon

I am Robert's youngest brother. I have decided to be King, but their are currently bigger problems to attend to.

If I die, Ser Loras is able to perform one kill to attemp to avenge me. Therefore, I know Ser Loras is in the game. However, I do not know who (s)he is and what alignment they are. If Ser Loras dies before I do, nothing happens upon my death..
Do you have a rolename or some more flavor?
This role also sounds INCREDIBLY like the Godfather in Vengeful, where someone makes a kill after they die. Not a big fan of this, as I could see a "Renly-aligned" faction.
Benmage wrote:One thing that struck me as odd about the claim is that Ser Loras does the veng killing....I would've imagined Brienne doing that, but perhaps Brienne isn't in the game and this is how things had to work...ahh headache :?
Either of the two of them would make sense. And Brienne's a pretty important part of the books, I'd assume she's in the game.
CryMeARiver wrote:
Axelrod wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:Okay, I will get caught up soon, but to those voting to raise axelrod, I would just like to say that whoever gets the double vote will likely die quickly and axelrod already endorsed me getting the double vote. I'm willing to take that sacrifice for town. I'll admit axel seems to be a very good player and I'll likely take his advice into consideration when using a double vote. Just putting it out there.
By the way, glad to see the Richard wagon is taking off. Pillars of the evil king's castle are finally falling 2day.
Uh, yuck?

Unraise: CryMeARiver

Like, I don't usually mind when people suck up to me, but this is kind of over the top. Also, it's
hardly
like I'd firmly decided you were my guy here.

To Richard: do you know if this bonus kill is immediate, or takes place during the subsequent night? For instance, were you lynched, would Loras kill someone before the Night technically started, or would it happen as a regular action during the Night. And I assume he can't hold it for later, but has to use it right then? Could he elect NOT to use it?

Mod
: I'm pretty sure I'm not voting for anyone.
That was for a reason, and a breadcrumb. Sorry if it was scummy guys. I'm not
copping
out of the Richard wagon either, I just like his claim.
:roll: :? :roll: :?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by danakillsu »

unraise raise: Drippereth
because they're the best realistic option.
vote: migewelloni
because it's not pro-town to put someone at L-1 who hasn't claimed, ESPECIALLY if the person doing it gives no good reason for it.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Benmage »

danakillsu wrote:
unraise raise: Drippereth
because they're the best realistic option.
:roll:
Why?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

I missed 3 pages on my beach day. Damn.

Before I go off to dinner, two things:
1) Richard, is there a difference in your kill trigger depending on if you are lynched or killed?
2) I am completely against DethHydra having the double-vote. This is not because I think that (it) is anti-town at this point; it is because I believe it could make it that much harder to read (it).

Will attempt to do a closer read of the pages I missed.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Dana sticks out to me as scum, btw.

"Oh look guys Richard's at L-1 so I'll unvote to show everyone how townie I am"

Classic scum tactic.
Oh, and would you rather I gave you a chance of getting hammered, just so I wouldn't do what scum "classicaly" do? This is ridiculous.
"Benmage" wrote: People People...the scum last game had safeclaims, unless provable claims, nameclaims really shouldn't dissuade scummness.
Sure, but it seems to me he claimed someone pretty important, so unless there's a counter-claim, I don't see how one could say it's false.
Benmage wrote: Why?
I have already discussed this. I believe Drippereth is town, definitely have no reason to call them scum, and know they can handle a double vote well. Besides the fact that others are willing to raise them.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

These people were on RichardGHP's bandwagon when it was at it's peak:
CryMeARiver, MacavityLock, I doubt it, LynchMePls, xvart, Drippereth, MagnaofIllusion, danakillsu, vezopiraka, Deer, animorpherv1, Mikujin, and migwelloni.

I'll be going through the list and point out reasons why each person voted for RichardGHP/suspected him. If they unvoted, I will make note of it.:

CryMeARiver: Voted RichardGHP in his first post. Declares the end to the RVS period. Suspects him for disagreeing with his contract. Doesn't like the self-raise question that RichardGHP asked. Accuse RichardGHP of being too serious by his response to Mina's mass claim suggestion (Which we all know she was kidding). On the same post, CryMeARiver accused RichardGHP for a blatant contradiction. Unvotes RichardGHP after his claim.

MacavityLock: Votes RichardGHP in ISO: 1, agreeing with Drippereth. Said to RichardGHP that there was a lot of things to analyze.

I doubt it: Votes RichardGHP in ISO: 1, saying there were some classic scum tells, his arguments on CryMeARiver were underground, and he likes the wagon. Unvotes because he thinks RichardGHP is starting to look more of a VI and not convinced that he was the best lynch anymore.

LynchMePls: Votes RichardGHP in ISO: 5. He said in that post that he was not satisfied with Richard's answer to his question about policy lynches. Does not like Richard's attempt to prolong RVS in #62 and #99. Also saying to Richard he sounds desperate to get back to RVS with the pressure that was on him. ISO: 6, he sarcasticlly said he was thankful that RichardGHP answered his question. Unvotes RichardGHP after his claim.

Xvart: Votes RichardGHP in ISO: 1. Starts off by not liking RichardGHP not agreeing to the contract because he could break it and the person who proposed it think he could be scum, then saying he'll only agree with the contract once CryMeARiver is dead. Goes after him for fence sitting. Also goes after him for saying contradictions are a null tell, questions him if contradictions doesn't reveal anything about an alignments and saying town is more likely to contradict themself then scum. Finish off on RichardGHP by saying the case on him was solid and voted him.

Drippereth: Started to suspect RichardGHP in ISO: 6 or ISO: 7 (Drippereth, when did you start to suspect him?). Calls out RichardGHP for suggesting an policy lynch in ISO: 8 on the Drippereth hydra. In ISO: 12, he said he could not keep up with RichardGHP's scum tells, indicating that he finds RichardGHP at this point. In ISO: 18, he meta RichardGHP, suggesting RichardGHP contradicted himself with the Policy Lynch saying that in that game, he said that he would not ever support policy lynches, therefore, RichardGHP contradicted himself by supporting a policy lynch of Drippereth in this game. Votes RichardGHP in the next post. Said to Richard on ISO: 22 that he saw IIoA, AtE, misreps, and no scum hunting. Said his behavior must have been too extreme to be classified as a townie, therefore, he must be scum. One of the hardest supporter of his lynch before RichardGHP's claim (Then unvotes).

MagnaofIllusion: Votes RichardGHP in ISO: 2, his last post as of now. Accused RichardGHP of saying scumslips can't happen early in the day, contradicting himself, and saying that IIoA and contradictions are null tells. Also wants RichardGHP to explain how town reads aid the Mafia in NKs or not and justify his policy lynch comment. Finish by voting him.

danakillsu: Express suspicion on RichardGHP on ISO: 5 by agreeing with Drippereth and saying RichardGHP is somewhat scummy. Later said that RichardGHP was probably the best scum candidate and votes him. Unvotes RIchardGHP out of L-1 so he could claim.

vezopiraka: Votes RichardGHP at ISO: 16, saying his last post was ultra-scummy. Last post said that only CryMeARiver and RichardGHP gave him scummy vibes, but said Richard was scummier.

Deer: Votes RichardGHP in his last post as of now. Said that RichardGHP was playing stright into his scum meta, seen him flip scum and said he played exactly like that.

animorpherv1: Votes RichardGHP in ISO: 4. Said he was not scum hunting and trying to extend RVS.

Mikujin: Votes RichardGHP in his last post because he wants to hop on a bandwagon until he gets done catching up.

Migwelloni: Votes RichardGHP in his last post because he likes bandwagon. This was an L-1 vote.

I'm going to divide people reasons for voting RichardGHP into three categories. Townie, Null, and Scummy:

Townie
:
Drippereth: I like his strong push for a RichardGHP lynch. He was one of the strongest supporter of his lynch, mentioning numerous times that he wanted RichardGHP dead and explained why he did.

LynchMePls: Also gave solid reasons for finding RichardGHP scummy and explains them very well.

Xvart: He brings up an good point that if you want to agree to a contract set by a person, you might as well do it now instead of waiting until a certain cirumstance happens, therefore, reducing the risk of you breaking the commitment you've made. Brings up other good points as well.

MagnaofIllusion: I like his reasons for voting RichardGHP as well as they are well explained.

CryMeARiver: I commend him for starting a massive bandwagon on RichardGHP, which got a lot of information out of him. I don't think disagreeing with a contract is scummy, thought. Nevertheless, he did bring up other good reasons, such as his contradiction that he made and questioning RichardGHP for asking question on self-raising.

Null
:
MacavityLock: Despite a vote on RichardGHP, he never really went after him. Really, the only thing he said was he agreed with Drippereth on a IIoA and that he told Richard that there was a lot to analyze. Nothing really scummy thought, so I'll give him that.

Deer: Also didn't say much about RichardGHP, but he did make a good point about this following RichardGHP's scum meta.

Scummy
:
I doubt it: Basically said that he agreed with other people that RichardGHP. Then unvotes saying that RichardGHP was playing more like a VI and said he wasn't the best lynch anymore. Doesn't really push RichardGHP at all.

danakillsu: As bad as I doubt it. FoS Richard because he agreed with Drippereth and thought he was somewhat scummy without really giving his own thoughts. Then said RichardGHP was the probable best lynch and votes him without really explaining in his own words, making me feel like he was bandwagonning him a bit. Like others, I also find it scummy that he took RichardGHP off L-1 just so Richard could claim.

vezopiraka: Completely failed to explain why he found RichardGHP scummy at any point in the game.

animorpherv1: His reasons for voting RichardGHP was an obvious parrot of what has already been said.

Mikujin: This is obvious bandwagoning, especially since he admits to not reading the thread, therefore, it is very scummy.

Migwelloni: The outright worst offender of the people voting RichardGHP. He quite litterally said that he voted RichardGHP because it was a good bandwagon, which was a completely ridiculous reason for voting RichardGHP. On top of that, he failed to acknowledge that he put RichardGHP at L-1. His vote was extremely scummy.

Conclusions: I have five notable suspects. They are Migwelloni, vezopiraka, RichardGHP, animorpherv1, and CryMeARiver in that order from scummiest to least scummiest. While I wouldn't mind a RichardGHP, animorpherv1, or a CryMeARiver lynch, I would highly suggest either lynch Migwelloni or vezopiraka ToDay as they have done almost nothing to support town (In Migwelloni's case, ABSOLUTELY nothing). I'm going to
Vote: Migwelloni
. I hope he has good reasons for complete lack of particapation and his extremely scummy L-1 vote on RichardGHP. Also...

HoS: Vezopiraka

FoS: Animorpherv1

FoS: CryMeARiver

I'm also slightly suspicious of Mikujin, danielkillsu, and I doubt it.
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Rifka Viveka »

SSBF, you seem to be operating like richard is a confirmed townie who just claimed luke skywalker.

We sure do seem to have a LOT of lurkers.
Winter is coming.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:21 pm

Rifka Viveka wrote:SSBF, you seem to be operating like Richard is a confirmed townie who just claimed luke skywalker.
We all know that RichardGHP is not a confirmed townie, as a matter of fact, I'm actually neutral on the claim for now (Will depend on his further game play if I believe it or not). However, the reason why you may assume that is because I like a few others wanted to look at the people on Richard's bandwagon and I found some pretty interesting reasons for voting him. Some of them are good, but others really do suck. Plus I've never really felt he was suspicious enough for a lynch, although I was suspicious of him for a short time.
Rifka Viveka wrote:We sure do seem to have a LOT of lurkers.
This. The re-entry into the game from animorpherv1, Mikujin, and especially Migwelloni were pretty pathetic.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Benmage »

danakillsu wrote:
Benmage wrote: Why?
I have already discussed this. I believe Drippereth is town, definitely have no reason to call them scum, and know they can handle a double vote well. Besides the fact that others are willing to raise them.
So your reasoning for raising drip is:
1)You can't find anything scummy about them.
2) Know they can handle a double vote well. (Sounds subjective, care to embellish on this one)
3) And the fact that others are willing to raise them....not like theres scum amongst us **sarcasm**

So depending on some comment on #2, i'm sure points 1/3 could be made for others...so unless you have more to say here, I'm rather unimpressed.

Also, it'll be worth you mentioning about the fact that I, for one am quite against Drip getting the dbl vote, and others share this opinion. What is your opinion on that?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Percy »

hasdgfas 220 wrote:Go to 'profile', scroll down until you see "timezone", change it, and that number changes. There is no "site time" if that's what you're using.
Ah, I see. Well, it appears as though site time is US Eastern Standard time, without daylight savings, then.

@Mod: Is this what you are using?
(I use this for my games, and currently the US - Florida - Pensacola timezone matches up with site default. ;))

I am against Drippereth having the double vote. I find reading Ellibereth and DrippingGoofball very difficult at the best of times, and have a more solid townread on other players.

animorpherv1, Mikujin, Migwelloni and vezopiraka's votes on the wagon all stink. Especially so since we haven't decided what to do with the Hand vote, so a lynch right now would be really dumb.

@Deer
: Do you know of any completed games where Richard flipped scum? Have you only played the one game with him?
(Meta is only useful if you have something to compare it to. "He plays like this when he's scum, therefore he is scum" only works if it's also demonstrable that "he doesn't play like this when he is town". If you can't show that, then I'm inclined to believe that your vote is a scum vote.)

@SSBF
: Calling for a claim at L-2 is poor form. Claims are for when a player is at L-1 and another player has declared their willingness to hammer them, not before.
Also, you have a very confused read of CMAR in your latest post. There are several players who you identified as having scummy reasons to participate in the Richard wagon, and you call CMAR's vote townie, yet CMAR ends up on your suspect list, but the others don't? plz2xplain.

I'm inclined to believe Richard's claim. Whilst a good familiarity with the series could lead to such a fakeclaim given Loras and Renly's sexual relationship in the books (assuming the scum were only told, as in aGoT, that certain characters are not in the game), if Loras is not in the game OR if scum claim Loras to back up scumRichard, then the lie will eventually be discovered. If it's a fakeclaim, then it's a really audacious and good one, and given my current read on Richard I think it's more likely to be simply the truth.

CMAR's swift unvote solidifies my scumread on CMAR, in addition to the Axelrod buddying.
@CryMeARiver
: Firstly, analyze the wagon you created and pushed
so hard all day
like you promised. Then tell me what made you jump off so fast - what did you 'like' about his claim?

Continuing my case on Hayker, he has not delivered on the content he promised, just calls out a bandwagon vote and talks a bit to Drip. Not good enough, vote on vez continues to look extremely opportunistic.
(Opportunism on the Richard wagon is threatening to occupy my attention very soon, but I'm not letting go of this yet. Next post I will discuss the Richard wagon in detail.)
RichardGHP 276 wrote:"Oh look guys Richard's at L-1 so I'll unvote to show everyone how townie I am"

Classic scum tactic.
Please provide a link to a game where you have seen scum do this.
(If you can't, then don't call it a scum tactic, let alone a "classic" one.)

@Benmage
: Why you gotta hate on Melisandre, Tyrion and Bran? Speculation like this makes me :?. At the very least, you're telling the bad guys what names they should avoid claiming.
(Also, why do you think there is an SK?)
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:09 am

Post by danakillsu »

Benmage wrote: So your reasoning for raising drip is:
1)You can't find anything scummy about them.
2) Know they can handle a double vote well. (Sounds subjective, care to embellish on this one)
3) And the fact that others are willing to raise them....not like theres scum amongst us **sarcasm**

So depending on some comment on #2, i'm sure points 1/3 could be made for others...so unless you have more to say here, I'm rather unimpressed.

Also, it'll be worth you mentioning about the fact that I, for one am quite against Drip getting the dbl vote, and others share this opinion. What is your opinion on that?
They can handle a dbl vote well because there are two of them and they are both very experienced.
It's your vote, your call. I'm not going to try to prove that Dripp is town, because that is impossible at this point in time.
SSBF wrote: danakillsu: As bad as I doubt it. FoS Richard because he agreed with Drippereth and thought he was somewhat scummy without really giving his own thoughts. Then said RichardGHP was the probable best lynch and votes him without really explaining in his own words, making me feel like he was bandwagonning him a bit. Like others, I also find it scummy that he took RichardGHP off L-1 just so Richard could claim.
Why do you find it scummy that I ensured RichardGHP would not be quicklynched? LOOK WHO HE TURNED OUT TO BE! We also hadn't decided who to raise as Hand yet. I help town a lot and it's scummy. Go figure. I will do this again next time I have the opportunity, despite what others might think.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Benmage »

Percy wrote:
@Benmage
: Why you gotta hate on Melisandre, Tyrion and Bran? Speculation like this makes me :?. At the very least, you're telling the bad guys what names they should avoid claiming.
(Also, why do you think there is an SK?)
Bronn, not Bran....The bad guys will have safe claims...I was just thinking, out loud. (Must be more than one anti-town faction)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:24 am

Post by Benmage »

@SSBF
you stick CMaR in your "townie" section for the wagon breakdown, and then have him in your notable 5 suspects...(rich as well) Whats up with that?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Benmage »

danakillsu wrote: They can handle a dbl vote well because there are two of them and they are both very experienced.
The fact that theres 2 of them makes it worse. (too many chefs in the kitchen) Conflicting mentalities.
danakillsu wrote: It's your vote, your call. I'm not going to try to prove that Dripp is town, because that is impossible at this point in time.
I'm not asking you to prove it, just show me
anything
that gave you town vibes.

And you failed to comment on the fact that the other (more)experienced players are against Drip gaining the double vote. Is that meaningless to you?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:32 am

Percy wrote:@SSBF: Calling for a claim at L-2 is poor form. Claims are for when a player is at L-1 and another player has declared their willingness to hammer them, not before.
I can see your point here, but this isn't a newbie/mini game, so people tend to put a lot of pressure on a person. Plus putting a person at L-1 with another player declaring their intend to hammer is a higher risk of a person being lynched before they get a chance to claim, either intentionally by scum tactic or accidentally by an uninformed townie. I wanted to prevent a quick hammer from happening before RichardGHP claimed, that's why I asked him to claim at L-2 (Bascially, he was at L-1, but the point still stands). On top of that, some people prefer to claim earlier.
Percy wrote:Also, you have a very confused read of CMAR in your latest post. There are several players who you identified as having scummy reasons to participate in the Richard wagon, and you call CMAR's vote townie, yet CMAR ends up on your suspect list, but the others don't? plz2xplain.
Actually, basically anyone in the RichardGHP's bandwagon with scummy intents are one way or another slightly scummy. However, I prefer to focus on my more major suspects for the moment (Migwelloni, vezopiraka, RichardGHP, animorpherv1, and CryMeARiver). But yeah, time to clear my read up on CryMeARiver.

I have a fairly scummy read on CryMeARiver, although it isn't as strong as my top three scum reads, but he's about as scummy as animopherv1. In my ISO: 9, I made a post where I called out CryMeARiver for being hypocritical. As RichardGHP pointed out (Yes, he actually did some good in this game IMO), CryMeARiver used a bit of AtE in his last line in ISO: 8. He also contradicted himself between ISO: 10 and ISO: 11. He unvoted RichardGHP in ISO: 10 and in ISO: 11, said that he was not copping out of the RichardGHP's bandwagon. Then why did he unvote?
danakillsu wrote:Why do you find it scummy that I ensured RichardGHP would not be quicklynched? LOOK WHO HE TURNED OUT TO BE! We also hadn't decided who to raise as Hand yet. I help town a lot and it's scummy. Go figure. I will do this again next time I have the opportunity, despite what others might think.
That wasn't the only thing I found scummy. I found your vote scummy because you failed to provide your own thoughts on why you found RichardGHP scummy while at least half the twelve other people on the bandwagon have done so.

I'm know I'm going to sound like I'm contradicting what I said to Percy in this post, but I find that L-1 removal scummy because it seems like you're trying to buy RichardGHP some more time to claim and save himself by taking him off L-1. If he's at L-1, keep him there. Now yes, some votes were unwarranted, but he did deserve to have to claim to save his own butt.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:37 am

Benmage wrote:
@SSBF
you stick CMaR in your "townie" section for the wagon breakdown, and then have him in your notable 5 suspects...(rich as well) Whats up with that?
The fact that CryMeARiver started a good bandwagon that got us a lot of information is townie and he put some good reasons for voting RichardGHP. However, the scummy things about him outweighs the townie things he did. I explain why I find CryMeARiver scummy in my response to Percy. Will quote if needed.

I never gave CryMeARiver a town read, I just said that I think he had townie intentions on that bandwagon. My overall read of him reads fairly scummy for now.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:49 am

Post by Drippereth »

SuperSmash is town.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Drippereth »

TOWN

Drippereth
LynchMePls
Unsight
Benmage
Percy
Vezopiraka
DrModem hasdgfas
danakillsu
MagnaOfIllusion
Super Smash Bros. Fan
RichardGHP

NEUTRAL

Xvart
Mina
MacavityLock
CryMeARiver
Paranoia
Axelrod
Rifka Viveka
animorpherv1

SCUM

Kleedrac (conditional on Richard flip) *** very scummy now
I doubt it
Deer

LURKERSCUM

CCARaven4
Mikujin
Migwelloni
Hayker (active lurker)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:22 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

First let me welcome Cow –
Mina wrote: For the record, if people raise Axelrod, can it be for his actual c"ases and suspicions, and not because you agreed with one point he made about raising? I have no problems with Axelrod so far (although there are players I trust more). But that post alone is a very shallow reason to trust someone. Scum are just as capable as innocents of writing a reasonable post that essentially says, "I don't think we should worry too much about raising."
Where do you see anyone who vote to raise Axelrod doing so on the presented basis that “he wrote a nice post on Raising”? I personally voted to raise him for the totality of his posts, which were in my mind very Pro-Town. If you don’t “have a problem” with Axelrod why go out of the way to undermine the credibility of those Raising him?

@ Those
who jumped on Richard’s 196 – vezo and SSBF – can you explain why it is scummy? If anything it reads as frustrated which is at best a null-tell.
CMAR wrote:Okay, I will get caught up soon, but to those voting to raise axelrod, I would just like to say that whoever gets the double vote will likely die quickly and axelrod already endorsed me getting the double vote. I'm willing to take that sacrifice for town. I'll admit axel seems to be a very good player and I'll likely take his advice into consideration when using a double vote. Just putting it out there.
First people would vote for you directly as a double-voter if they trusted you to use it wisely. Second given your pointless softclaim later why would you be volunteering for a position that may or may not be NK bait?
DripHyrda wrote:Who would be in favor of raising the Drippereth hydra? Who would be against? Please explain your decision.
I’d be against it simply because I don’t think having a double vote really improves your ability to play given your presented playstyle. I believe a double-voter power would better complement someone with a more declaratory style such as Cow or Percy.
DripHydra wrote:Sometimes we make it past day 2 if there is no outed cop or similarly important power role drawing protectio - otherwise the scum may assume that we are protected, since we tend to be a priority NK target.
Are you referencing the game history of the Hydra unit in this quote or are you referencing you individual histories?

@DripHydra – Now that you have unvoted Richard based on his claim who is your top suspect?
LynchMe wrote:Absent a CC or catching him in a lie, the claim is believable.
Do you believe given the previous Mini game where fake claims were provided that there is any chance of a CC based on a specific name?
benmage wrote:Bronn, not Bran....The bad guys will have safe claims...I was just thinking, out loud.
(Must be more than one anti-town faction)
Italiced for emphasis … where does your feeling about this come from? Is it based on the source material?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Drippereth »

@Magna - I refer to both my personal history (DGB) and that of the Hydra. It may refer to Elli too, individually, I would need to check with him.

Top suspects are in my post #318. Kleedrac/DoubtIt top the list, and I am up to mow down any of the lurkerscumz - though as a general strategy for scum hunting they are best left to the vig, as their lynches are no super-informative. If no lurker is NK'd tonight, we may have to utility-lynch them.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:38 am

Post by LimMePls »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’d be against it simply because I don’t think having a double vote really improves your ability to play given your presented playstyle. I believe a double-voter power would better complement someone with a more declaratory style such as Cow or Percy.
I'd support either of your proposed raises. I'm not sure I agree with you saying Dripp wouldn't improve their ability to play given their playstyle. They use their vote to scum hunt, and pretty effectively from what I've seen so far, so how is giving them twice the vote bad? They may not be twice the effective scumhunter, but I think it would definitely improve their play. At the least they could use one vote to push their top suspect and the other to probe at people like they regularly do.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Do you believe given the previous Mini game where fake claims were provided that there is any chance of a CC based on a specific name?
I guess not. I didn't play in the small game, but I understand that the scum had fake claims. I guess the "absent a CC" was unnecessary. I just meant that his claim is believable to me, but I was open to it being refuted.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:51 am

Post by Benmage »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
benmage wrote:Bronn, not Bran....The bad guys will have safe claims...I was just thinking, out loud.
(Must be more than one anti-town faction)
Italiced for emphasis … where does your feeling about this come from? Is it based on the source material?
Large themed game...5 faction world...the books had constant backstabbing of sorts. Tyrion in the mini I believe, although a Lannister was town-aligned...there could be countless characters or factions used in the series as anti-town people/factions in this game.

You believe there is one giganto scum team?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:52 am

MagnaofIllusion wrote:@ Those who jumped on Richard’s 196 – vezo and SSBF – can you explain why it is scummy? If anything it reads as frustrated which is at best a null-tell.
RichardGHP was basically attempting to shift off the blame to his playstyle for all the heat he got. I personally consider myself a pretty poor player, but I don't use that as a crutch. This is exactly what RichardGHP was trying to do.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:07 am

Post by danakillsu »

The fact that theres 2 of them makes it worse. (too many chefs in the kitchen) Conflicting mentalities.
I disagree with this. I think being a Hydra is an advantage.
I'm not asking you to prove it, just show me anything that gave you town vibes.

And you failed to comment on the fact that the other (more)experienced players are against Drip gaining the double vote. Is that meaningless to you?
Alright. The fact that they have been making a detailed list of players whom they find town, scum, and neutral. It is very useful to other players to see where Dripp stands. No, it's not meaningless, but I don't get as much of a town read on those players.
That wasn't the only thing I found scummy. I found your vote scummy because you failed to provide your own thoughts on why you found RichardGHP scummy while at least half the twelve other people on the bandwagon have done so.

I'm know I'm going to sound like I'm contradicting what I said to Percy in this post, but I find that L-1 removal scummy because it seems like you're trying to buy RichardGHP some more time to claim and save himself by taking him off L-1. If he's at L-1, keep him there. Now yes, some votes were unwarranted, but he did deserve to have to claim to save his own butt.
I understand the first part, but that's not what we're talking about right now.

Uh, yeah. That's exactly what I was trying to do. And why does buying him more time to claim and save himself seem scummy to you? You're acting like you wish I hadn't given him time to claim, and that he had been lynched without doing so. That's extremely scummy. And he had to claim to save his own butt anyway, as evidenced by the fact that he DID.
unvote vote: SSBF
Still up for a Migwelloni lynch, but SSBF saying I shouldn't have taken my vote away seems really wrong.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”