NEUTRAL

Xvart
MagnaOfIllusion
Mina
MacavityLock
CryMeARiver
Rifka Viveka
animorpherv1
Raivann - Deer (I'm giving the replacement a chance)

SCUM

Axelrod
Kleedrac (conditional on Richard flip) *** very scummy now
I doubt it
Mikujin (wow, just wow scum)
Hayker (moved up up and up for deepened lurking)

LURKERSCUM

Paranoia >>>replaced?
CCARaven4
Migwelloni
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Woah. I'm still in this game? Shows how impessionable this game is on me.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Drippereth wrote: You've just described our playstyle.

What you fail to realize is that there is a lot of thought going into the flippant comments; we play a lot of games; the certainties are shorthand and qualifiers are assumed, so they don't need spelling out.

Your rant is, in fact, quite scummy. It's an underhanded criticism of us, without the balls of naming us, and just a big ole IIoA.
I fail to realize? No.

It is a style that annoys me greatly. Defend it and all the great results you get using it all you want, this won't change.

I also don't even know what IIoA means.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Then why aren't you voting him?
I have no idea. I must have had site problems, thought I had already posted my vote, and not actually done it.
unvote vote: Kleedrac

In fact, I remember what was in that post, but it must have somehow never gotten actually posted...
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by danakillsu »

danakillsu has played in about 25+ games on mafiascum.net, has a gut read of scum on someone, but says he's not voting that person because he has no experience with said player instead of something definitive like "this wagon is better" or "I don't see the case on him." I have no experience with danakillsu but I can easily go find a couple of his 20-something games and get experience with him because I'm not lazy in my scum hunting. Also, it was a lame way to acknowledge the wagon without boarding it or resisting it. Laundering is my new favorite word these days.
I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. All I had at that point was gut, and that wasn't enough for me, not knowing how Kleedrac plays. Sorry if that's a problem for you, but it's certainly not acting like I'm a newbie.
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Rifka Viveka »

I like the DGBish intuition over logic. I think the aggressive style makes scum uncomfortable because they lack control. If their buddy gets fingered they cannot use logic to extract him from the lynch, and when they flail at the accuser it reveals them. At any moment they could go from snug as a bug to being under heat

Plus its a popular misconception if you dont post reasoning, you dont have any reasoning.

I was going to say something here, but i cant remember now :?
Winter is coming.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by xvart »

Super Smash Bros. Fan, 353 wrote:Just want to make this clear to everyone. I am not defending Benmage, I am just trying to find faults with I doubt it's case on Benmage.
I have a huge problem with this post. If you aren't defending him why are you trying to undermine other players attacks on him? Furthermore, why are you
seeking
faults in a particular players arguments? Especially I doubt It, whom you are only slightly suspicious of?
Kleedrac, 360 wrote:
Drippereth wrote:Is that not a town read? "Not lynchworthy?"
No it's not a town read it's a not-as-scummy-as-CMAR-read :P
Are people who are scummy but not as scummy as your top read not lynchworthy?

@Mikujin (419)
- In those 15 or so pages you found nothing but scummy behavior on Vezo?

@CCARaven4 (368)
- And that post is still coming soon I hope?

---

@danakillsu -
danakillsu, 366 wrote:This only says "If he flips scum" (which btw, is pretty much impossible) "you're scum"
danakillsu, 383 wrote:
Do you mean "look who he claimed to be"? Why do you assume he's telling the truth?
No, I mean who he turned out to be. There's no way he's lying when he claimed whom he claimed without a C-C. Do you doubt his claim?
And how are you so certain that it is
impossible
for him to flip scum? Especially considering you were voting for him. His claim is guaranteed town how?
LynchMePls, 409 wrote:
danakillsu wrote:
danakillsu wrote: Kleedrac needs to be lynched folks. We aren't getting any younger, and for some of us that's a real problem.
QFTQFTQFT!
Then why aren't you voting him?
Excellent question.

xvart.

Preview edit:
danakillsu wrote:I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. All I had at that point was gut, and that wasn't enough for me, not knowing how Kleedrac plays. Sorry if that's a problem for you, but it's certainly not acting like I'm a newbie.
Yes, it may not be how newbie's play but it is acting like scum. Pretty much all of your votes have been either exceptionally weak, bandwagoning a likely lynch (with a nice little ramp up FoS shortly beforehand), or only when called out on scummy behavior.

Scum positively identified. Case closed.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Kleedrac »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Kleedrac wrote:Wow, you guys play a hard game. For my first large game I'm having a lot of issues following some of your logic. Maybe it's the fact I'm too new around here but no one listens to me and you all seem to just point out my most minor logic flaws and then HOLY F*CK BANDWAGON CASE NOW NOW NOW. Fine, if that's what you want. My dying wish (as whatever I write doesn't seem to change things around here) is that when I flip town you'll lynch the dumb hydra whats-his-name and his scumbuddies :P
1. You use the newbie card.
2. You add in the "It's not fair!" card.
3. Shows more unecessary hate toward Drippereth.
4. To top it off, this is loaded with AtE.

Conclusion: Your play has been incredibly scummy. You have done very little in the game aside from being super defensive and call Drippereth names. I'm not sure if a claim can even save you at this point.
1. I said I am new here, not new to mafia, this point is wrong.
2. At what point in my post did I say or insinuate the fairness of anything? Again this point is wrong.
3. Drippereth has pissed me off, I don't know that I'd use the word 'hate' but definitely annoyed.
4. Not really, maybe?

At this point I believe I can't appeal to the usual sense of logic and reason as there are trains running on myself and Richard with no case but the logical case I built on CryMeARiver and the case Mikujin built on vezopiraka go completely unanswered in any way! No one has defended CMAR or Vez nor has anyone agreed and voted. But the random loose bandwagons on me and Richard just keep gaining unreasoned votes which no one appears to see as scummy?! I feel as though I'm playing this game in another language here, you play in a very different style than I'm used to. As for insulting me or questioning my age well not only was that unnecessary but it's pretty much guaranteed I won't be playing on this site again. Enjoy your game guys, when I flip town just kill the hydra thing and we'll call it even :) Note that from here on out I will only post to answer directed questions and won't be contributing more ammo onto your trains, thanks.
Lookin' smug since 1979
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by xvart »

EBWOP:
LynchMePls, 337 wrote:Because Finkle is Einhorn, and Einhorn is Finkle.
And on an irrelevant note, I meant to give a shout out to the Ace Ventura reference.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by xvart »

EBWOP2:
animorpherv1 wrote:Woah. I'm still in this game? Shows how impessionable this game is on me.
I can't begin to explain how annoying I think animorph is. Ani - replace out if this game is so unimpressionable. Also, if I can grab your attention long enough, why did you quote yourself to the mod in your ISO1?

Also -
Drippereth
- can you explain where your town read of danakillsu is coming from?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by LimMePls »

animorpherv1 wrote:Woah. I'm still in this game? Shows how impessionable this game is on me.
Is this just your anti-prod post? Care to join in or replace out?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Paranoia
Paranoia
Townie
Paranoia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Paranoia »

MacavityLock wrote:

Unreasonable

Paranoia - His intro and only post talks only about Raising and reactions to it. He just FoSes me and Magna, doesn't vote. If you think my post was bad, why wasn't it worthy of a vote?
I did think it was bad; but since all I was basing my fos off of was one post, why vote someone based off of it? I usually wait until I have more reasoning beyond "I don't like this one possibly insignificant thing." before I vote someone. I'm also more laid back with my vote considering we have plenty of time to reach a decision; plenty of time to post and for scum to slip up in.

To Mina: I considered Macavity more suspicious at the time; honestly backing down from that for now. My suspicions of Illusion was more based on a perceived connection with Macavity. The reason I withheld from going after Richard as I read him a bit flustered at the time.

On to other pressing matters...

To Danakillsu:
I find her/him blatant picking up onto the Kleedrac wagon without a vote her testing the waters and to see if the bandwagon will indeed shift again before deadline I find that this is a likely attempt to test the waters on a possible upcoming wagon without wanting to commit to it if it can be avoided; I believe Dana is scum trying to appear town on a potential wagon on a scum buddy without condemning him unnecessarily. The fact you use a weak reasoning like "Well so much has been said already I got nothing new to contribute" does not excuse you
from providing reasoning for your suspicion.
So could you get back to me on that?

So on that note.

Vote: Kleedrac
For what I believe to be a connection with dana, I find his vote based on Drip's raise vote tying the raise votes, and in general just trying any way to justify his vote on Drip without justifying it in the slightest. I don't like the "you're all scum." comment right now as there are 18 pages so far; more than enough to get a preliminary read on several people, I would think. The "first game and wall of texts frighten me mommy :(" posts are trying to justify lurking and basically being Non contributive overall; the fact you've been omgusing Drip for awhile while providing NOTHING besides blatantly untrue claims just keeps making you look worse. The fact you built a case and then blithely ignored it in favor of someone you haven't even had the decency to build a case on just makes it feel like you're grasping.

This is in opposition to:

Raise: Mina
Out of what I've had the time to read and see right now, I truly believe Mina is the best person to raise at the moment; She is asking intelligent questions, doing legitimate analysis and scum hunting, and is in general leaving me with a warm fuzzy feeling. Every post of her's brings something new with it and I trust her to use the double vote wisely.

Preview Edit: In light of Dana's most recent posts, I am even more sure there's a thread between them and Klee. The entire circumstances around their vote is "well all I had was gut." thing when she was going "OH MY GOD THIS IS SO TRUE I SHOULD VOTE FOR THIS." bit is just inexcusable.

Considering a vote shift.. I'm having a hell of a time deciding who I consider worse at the moment; Dana or Klee? I am considering
Dana
far worse at the moment; it could just be blatant bandwagoning on an easy target that a loud voice is pushing for. I still stand by the opinion I think they were testing the waters around the Klee lynch and waiting for it to pick up steam before casting her lot in with it.

unvote

Vote: Danakillsu.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Eww 436. Vote Kleedrac and in the same post unvote, vote Dana? Why? That stinks of trying to buddy up to the town players on the Kleedrac wagon without actually putting your vote where your mouth is. And I don't buy it as a preview edit, dana's most recent posts were two hours and 7 posts before yours. This is about as scummy as the old "FOS my scum buddy and vote a townie" ploy.

I'm not even wild about the Mina raise, although I don't think its terrible. With the exception of that 436 is one giant scumdar alert for me.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Axelrod wrote:There's just way too much "certainty" floating around in this thread. I absolutely hate it when people just start calling other people "scum" and act like they have it all figured out and it's case-closed when the truth is they know
nothing
. They have a
hunch
. An
opinion

I recognize this is a "style" thing for a lot of people, and they'll flip from calling someone obv.scum to deciding they are clearly town at the drop of a hat, and then immediately press on with their next "obviously scum" target, conveniently ignoring how horribly wrong they were the last time they called someone "obv.scum" and it drives me
nuts
. Please STFU or use some damn qualifiers. When you do this you are either being dishonest or you are just being a moron.

/rant

I don't know why I bothered to type this out. Maybe I'm having a bad day or something.
Ok, this feels off. If you're going to say this, call people out, explain why you hate it or why it's scummy. It feels like you just are uncomfortable and dislike a playstyle. Why does it matter?
Axelrod wrote:
Drippereth wrote: You've just described our playstyle.

What you fail to realize is that there is a lot of thought going into the flippant comments; we play a lot of games; the certainties are shorthand and qualifiers are assumed, so they don't need spelling out.

Your rant is, in fact, quite scummy. It's an underhanded criticism of us, without the balls of naming us, and just a big ole IIoA.
I fail to realize? No.

It is a style that annoys me greatly. Defend it and all the great results you get using it all you want, this won't change.

I also don't even know what IIoA means.
Even though it annoys you, is it scummy? if not, deal with it. This feels just like a way to ignore a player.

FoS: Axelrod
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Mikujin »

xvart wrote:
@Mikujin (419)
- In those 15 or so pages you found nothing but scummy behavior on Vezo?
I thought it best to make my case against the person I was most suspicious of rather than try to address every individual instance of suspicion I'd have come across in my 17 page read. I figured my most relevant thoughts would be the important ones to share.
Douchebags get kind of a bad rap. They provide a useful service.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Vote: Kleedrac

If anyone really really really really REALLY wants an explanation I'll post it either tomorrow or on Friday, when I do my catching up post.
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:39 am

Post by vezopiraka »

Ahh. This game is driving me nuts.
Kelraac made really bad responses. I don't care what you would say.
unvote
vote Keldraac
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:53 am

Post by vezopiraka »

Mod: V/LA from 12 to 17 June
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:11 am

Post by Drippereth »

LynchMePls wrote:Eww 436. Vote Kleedrac and in the same post unvote, vote Dana?
Yes my friend, learn to recognize that the post is in the format of "FOS: buddy, vote: townie"

If Paranoia flips scum, Kleedrac is guaranteed scum, and Dana is guaranteed town.
LynchMePls wrote:I'm not even wild about the Mina raise, although I don't think its terrible. With the exception of that 436 is one giant scumdar alert for me.
If we can't have a majority of votes for raising someone, does that not mean we raise no one?
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:23 am

Post by danakillsu »

Look, I already said that a post where I made a case against Kleedrac was deleted, and it's going to be a pain to write it again. So just settle down for a minute.
My case on Kleedrac:
1) Constant overreaction/overstatement. Example: iso 2
2) Assuming everyone is scum until proven town (that's not how to play mafia) iso 5.
3) Hypocrisy. Example: saying Drippereth throws accusations everywhere (untrue) while saying everyone is scum.
4) Raising someone just to make sure Drippereth doesn't get raised, because Drippereth says Kleedrac is scum (OMGUS) iso 8.
5) Tries a rather defeatist lash-out against Drippereth, hoping to at least get him lynched too (iso 10)
6) Essentially gives up on using logic and reason, the only means to catch scum (iso 11)
At the very least, since he's already given up, he can't help town at all. But I think he's scum anyway.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:46 am

Post by LimMePls »

Drippereth wrote:If we can't have a majority of votes for raising someone, does that not mean we raise no one?
Mod wrote:A Hand of the King will be raised when there is a simple majority (i.e. 14 votes). Alternatively, whoever has the most ‘raise’ votes at the time of the Day 1 lynch, will be raised.

Whichever method is used, the Hand of the King will become a double voter from the beginning of Day 2. The Hand may split the two votes. Both votes will be public.
The Hand may not be stripped of his title in any way. A new Hand will not be chosen on the Hand’s death.
If someone hits 14 raises, they will be raised. If no one hits 14, then the highest raise recipient at the end of the day will be hand. Per mod's response to my iso 13, if there is a tie no one will be raised.

V/LA on weekends
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

xvart wrote:Why would you want Mina to explain why you did something?
Mina accused me of copying reasons from vezopiraka. I do not see where I parroted vezopiraka. Therefore, I'm wanting evidence from Mina to prove that I was parroting vezopiraka.

Now I'd like for you to answer this question. When they're called out for a scummy move, sometimes they don't see it and they need evidence to see that they actually commited a scummy act. What makes this post so different?
xvart wrote:I have a huge problem with this post. If you aren't defending him why are you trying to undermine other players attacks on him? Furthermore, why are you
seeking
faults in a particular players arguments? Especially I doubt It, whom you are only slightly suspicious of?
1. I was attacking the case that I doubt it made on Benmage, not defending Benmage in general.

2. I was explaining to I doubt it that his case on Benmage was very poor. I asked for evidence and he gave me a quote from one of his posts. I then searched Benmage's ISO and found that I doubt it's case on Benmage was mostly flawed and thus I went after I doubt it. Not because I thought Benmage was pro-town (I do, but that wasn't the reason why I attacked I dobut it's case on him), but because I didn't like I doubt it's case on Benmage.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

animorpherv1 has requested to be replaced (thank the Gods of the First Men), I have begun searching for a replacement.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Locke Lamora replaces animorpherv1 effective immediately.

Thank's Locke Lamora, and welcome to Westeros.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Rifka Viveka »

2. I was explaining to I doubt it that his case on Benmage was very poor. I asked for evidence and he gave me a quote from one of his posts. I then searched Benmage's ISO and found that I doubt it's case on Benmage was mostly flawed and thus I went after I doubt it. Not because I thought Benmage was pro-town (I do, but that wasn't the reason why I attacked I dobut it's case on him), but because I didn't like I doubt it's case on Benmage.
Right, but benmage is a big boy and can take care of himself, plus now we cant see how he would react. Answering questions for others is also something of a scumtell. You can say you werent defending him, but the result of your action was indeed defending him
Winter is coming.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”