Newbie 961 - Game Over - Town Victory

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

@STM: You said that Post 19
specifically
had expressed your stance, not that you had expressed your stance. Needless to say, post 19 didn't express your stance. Is it bad to vote someone for not posting when they said they would? However, I am thinking you're slightly townish. The vote was mostly pressure, but now I have a new time to expect it, so I'll take it off.
Just now I wrote: Is it bad to vote someone for not posting when they said they would?
With that,
Unvote, Vote: StillAwesome

I do agree with Zaj about active lurking vs. lurking. With lurking, for all you know, the person had some relatives over(what happened to me; why I didn't post yesterday). With active lurking,
Zaj wrote:IMO active lurking is worse because we know that that person is reading the thread and has time to respond, but isn't providing content.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

I also completely agree that active lurking is worse than lurking, and I note that Zaj did state that Shadow2222 seemed to be active lurking when he placed his initial FoS, so I'm happy ^^
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

I have a question for you RealityFan; you said that reading lurking is a null-tell when you lurk, do you apply that same belief to all other players?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
UnLoved
UnLoved
Townie
UnLoved
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by UnLoved »

Hm. So is lurking a scum-tell? Or is it a reason for a policy lynch?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by CSL »

The Sixth Vote Count of Day One

Doubtful (1) stillawesome
startransmission (1) RealityFan
stillawesome (2) AurorusVox. Me=Weird
Me=Weird (1) startransmission
AurorusVox (2) Doubtful, skunkape
Not Voting: UnLoved, Zajnet

With 9 alive, the quota is 5

If deadline were to hit now, AurorusVox would be executed. The deadline is currently set for Wednesday, June 16th @ 9:00pm EST.

Doubtful is V/LA from June 3rd thru June 11th

No one is prod-eligible as of this post.

Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:13 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

UnLoved wrote:Hm. So is lurking a scum-tell? Or is it a reason for a policy lynch?
I personally disagree to both of these points. My reasons for voting for stillawesome at the moment are not because of any "lurking" behaviour on his part (as I said in my RQS response, I consider lurking anti-town but, nevertheless, a null-tell), and using lurking as a reason to vote, or as a reason for a policy-lynch, is an easy way for scum to build a BW that they don't have to take much responsibility for.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Me=Weird »

StillAwesome: Please post! You said you would have a "nice, juicy post tonight" a week ago!! Actually,
MOD: PLEASE PROD STILLAWESOME IT'S BEEN A WEEK SINCE HIS LAST POST

STM: My name is Me=Weird not Me:Weird. Please hurry up with your views.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
Skunkape
Skunkape
Townie
Skunkape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Skunkape »

I won't be able to make a large post for awhile, real life events are keeping me busy this week, however AurorusVox has dispelled most of my concerns on shadow2222.

So that I can continue to be productive to the town, I'm going to go ahead and
Unvote
and
Vote:StillAwesome
for lurking.

KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS L-2, ONE MORE VOTE PUTS HIM IN RISK OF BEING SPEEDLYNCHED - Act cautiously
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by CSL »

stillawesome has been prodded. He has two days to both respond to his prod AND TO post a substansive post, or face a force-replacement.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by startransmission »

Zajnet wrote:The reason I didn't vote for stillawesome is because he was simply lurking, while shadow2222 was actively lurking, that is, he was posting plenty, but providing no content. IMO active lurking is worse because we know that that person is reading the thread and has time to respond, but isn't providing content.
Kinda explains my vote on Me=Wierd.
Me=Weird wrote:STM: My name is Me=Weird not Me:Weird. Please hurry up with your views.
Sorry about misspelling your name. And I take umbrage with you asking me to continue on about my views when have (a. Not provided any of your own, and (b. I have explained how limited my time is on weekends.

Welcome AurorusVox! I have to say that for reasons that others have explained, I found your predecessor rather scummy, but not overly so. I an see a newbie townie who doesn't understand the game posting much the way Shadow did, so I'm going to give you clean slate.
Skunkape wrote:I won't be able to make a large post for awhile, real life events are keeping me busy this week, however AurorusVox has dispelled most of my concerns on shadow2222.

Unvote
and
for lurking.

KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS L-2, ONE MORE VOTE PUTS HIM IN RISK OF BEING SPEEDLYNCHED - Act cautiously
Hmm. This post tickles my spidey-senses. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, I understand that the role he was suspicious of has been filled by somebody who he doesn't find nearly as suspicious. But it's where the vote moved that is odd to me, soon after Me=Wierd requests a prod (rightly so) on StillAwesome Skunk moves his vote accordingly. It feels a bit like aping. And what accentuates my uneasiness about this post is the warning of the possible speedlynch. For one, if someone were to L-1 StillAwesome and then he were quickly lynched soon after, that would likely benefit town. But more importantly, it's just a very unlikely thing to have happen, and the warning is very dramatic. It kinda screams "look at me, I'm a townie who wants to prevent rash action".

I will temper this with acknowledging his post 90, where he explains his vote on Shadow2222. Part of his reasoning was Shadow putting Doubtful at L-2, so it's something that he's clearly sensitive of, and there is precedent of it. Still, the post stood out to me.

I
will
get to Unloved and Doubtful, as well as expounding on Zajnet. It will be a longer post, as there is more to talk about, and that is why it's been hard for me to do get to it these last couple of days. But, it's my Friday, and I have two days of nothingness to fill ahead of me.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:02 am

Post by AurorusVox »

RE: Skunkape's vote

Personally, I think voting someone for lurking is a little scummy. I agree that voting for active lurkers is not scummy, as explained very well by Zaj, but...picking up on lurking as a reason for a vote is saying "hey, you're not talking, you must be a baddie" but in reality town can lurk just as much as mafia. Moreover, it means the voter doesn't have to take as much responsibility for his/her vote; it's difficult to ask a lurker questions and gauge his/her responses because, well, they're lurking. So voting for a lurker doesn't put as much pressure on the voter because he/she doesn't have to back up their vote with reasons as gleaned from intense question/answer sessions. The warning of a speedlynch and to "act cautiously" also makes it look like skunkape doesn't want to take much responsibility if the lynch on stillawesome goes through...

Heh, I'm aware I may look hypocritical since my vote is also on stillawesome, but I'm not voting him (her?) for lurking. I also am aware that skunkape might in fact be voting for stillawesome for the same reasons as me and might have just glossed over those reasons with the handy term "lurking", so I don't want to read
too
much into his (her?) vote just now.

On the subject of potential lurking, is RealityFan's V/LA over now?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Zajnet »

Skunkape wrote:I won't be able to make a large post for awhile, real life events are keeping me busy this week, however AurorusVox has dispelled most of my concerns on shadow2222.

Unvote
and
for lurking.

This post sounds really off to me. Off enough to
Vote: Skunkape
. Stating that you're voting a lurker so you can continue to be productive to the town sounds really, really scummy to me. The over dramatization in the last line really makes me think you're scum. If anyone were to speed lynch him and he flipped scum, cool. If he was speedlynched and flipped town, the people that were those last 1 or 2 votes would have some explaining to do. This post reeks of scum trying to distance himself from a wagon on someone he knows to be a townie.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Me=Weird »

So STM, do you have a case on me, or is it just my "active lurking"? I will, as soon as a different game I'm in goes to night phase(the deadline is in a couple days) reread and post my views on the people I find scummiest, not everyone though, to avoid helping scum know who to NK. Also, when I do my reread, I will address that post of Skunks.
Show

startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:26 am

Me=Weird wrote:So STM, do you have a case on me, or is it just my "active lurking"? I will, as soon as a different game I'm in goes to night phase(the deadline is in a couple days) reread and post my views on the people I find scummiest, not everyone though, to avoid helping scum know who to NK. Also, when I do my reread, I will address that post of Skunks.
No, if had a case on you I would present it and encourage others to vote for you as well. My vote for you is indeed because of your "active lurking". You come on often enough to chastise me for not getting my views out fast enough, all the while providing no opinions of your own otherwise. The hypocrisy bothers me. You post occasionally, but have yet to take any position and I find that worth a vote.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Doubtful
His early posts I covered pretty well already. The defensiveness over his RV and his noticing of the RV pattern itself I've addressed. After answering my questions he FoS's Shadow for "not interpreting Zajnets vote" (and I should make clear what "the game" is... I know I'm likely missing the obvious). This bit confuses me, I'm not sure why Shadow not interpreting a vote is worthy of suspicion. Then comes a semi-post by post of me, where he considers my RV to be eccentric for not being 100% random, and declares me to be town. I respond to this post later. After answering Shadow2222s ridiculous question with a no, he moves his vote to Unloved. He points out that it puts Unloved at L-2, but seems to feel that because of the low activity it's the best vote. But he bolsters his vote with a semi-post by post of Unloved where he criticizes Unloved's voting and his comments on lurking. The following posts are where my ignorance of what this "game" is hurts me. More arguments follow about the RVS, which lead to an FoS of Zajnet. You all read this stuff for yourselves, but I will say that I like the tone of Doubtful here. He's engaging people, being vocal about his positions, and is active. For his efforts he soon finds himself at L-1, where he claims VT. He gives some last opinions on people in the game, and votes Shadow2222 which I appreciate as his lynch was very possible. I also appreciate his comment on it not being a "give-up" post. All in all, his response under pressure gives me a warm feeling. Doubtful is very low on my scumdar currently, and I find his bandwagon very interesting.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Just to quickly say:

STM, "The game" is something that you are always playing, and always winning, except when you think of "the game." At this point, you have "lost the game" and must announce it to those nearby. You begin playing/winning the game again once you have forgotten about the game, or after 30 minutes.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
UnLoved
UnLoved
Townie
UnLoved
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by UnLoved »

Yes, I believe me making people lose the game is a "valid" RVS reason. Also, you just lost. But don't worry about it, STM. I don't think it's that important to know about the game.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:47 am

Post by CSL »

Well, you all have almost a week until deadline, so I'm going to post a special votecount.

stillawesome has quite possibly flaked, or is on a V/LA that he hadn't the time for to post about, but either way, it looks like he is going to get replaced. I'll have someone lined up, and have him officially replaced by the night. If I don't get a replacement by Sunday, expect a deadline extension of a day or two.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:52 am

Post by CSL »

The Seventh Vote Count of Day One

Caution! One week until deadline!

Doubtful (1) stillawesome
startransmission (1) RealityFan
stillawesome (3) AurorusVox. Me=Weird, skunkape
Me=Weird (1) startransmission
AurorusVox (1) Doubtful
skunkape (1) Zajnet
Not Voting: UnLoved

With 9 alive, the quota is 5

If deadline were to hit now, stillawesome would be executed. The deadline is currently set for Wednesday, June 16th @ 9:00pm EST.

Doubtful should be back Friday, June 11th.

stillawesome is being replaced.

stillawesome is at L-2.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by CSL »

Karma replaces stillawesome. The front page will reflect this in a moment.

All votes casted on, and by stillawesome, have transferred.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Zajnet »

Quick post from phone, no internet unexpectedly, will post soon
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Karma »

Hi I'm Karma, I'm rereading,
unvote
, yada-yada-yada.
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Karma »

Actually, I lied. I'll reread and make a catchup post/case tomorrow. It's too late tonight.
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Me=Weird »

My view on Skunkape.

SKUNKAPE: One of my suspects, has posted very little. How is making you lose the game(curse you!!) scummy? It's annoying, but in no way makes someone more likely to be scum. The most recent post by him: An analysis.
Apologizes for not making the player-by-player analysis he promised. The "so I can continue to be helpful to town" sounds kind of forced and fake, like he's trying to be obviously pro-town or something. It is very unlikely scum would quicklynch day 1, as it would only cause them to be lynched next day. Possibly some more, how to put it, "well, I warned against something scum might do* so I'm confirmed townie". It's hard to describe that.
*Not that they actually would.

Naturally, I'm still suspicious of stillawesome, and thus karma, but will see him play before revoting him. That's right, I'm about to
Unvote.
And with nothing better to do yet (I will post views on other suspects later)
Show

Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Karma »

The Doubtful wagon is the most interesting thing that's happened this game. I will thusly analyze it.

Alright, I am done. My conclusion: Zajnet is scum.
Zajnet wrote:Doubtful idk about, he could just be town with a confused view of RVS, or he could be scum trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. I feel good with an Unvote, Vote: Doubtful for now. I'm also going to FoS: shadow2222 because's been lurking in plain sight, that is, making no active contributions despite posting often enough.
Putting him at L-1 without any sort of good reasoning 4 pages into the game? Then switching your vote 2 posts later to a lurker after someone calls you out on it? You getting nervous there, scum?
Zajnet wrote:
Doubtful wrote:Wait... UnLoved and Zajnet, are you talking about the same "THE GAME" I'm thinking about right now?
Yes 8-)

I really don't get why you're attacking UnLoved for the reason behind his random vote. It's called random for a reason. If UnLoved were to quit making me lose the game, I would unvote him, just as UnLoved unvoted Me=Weird when he confirmed. You're making a mountain out of not even a molehill.
Here he attacks Doubtful for not understanding the RVS. To me, Doubtful's confusion just came off as newbish, a null tell. You jumping down his neck for it is an obvious example of taking advantage of an easy target.
Zajnet wrote:

Unvote
and
for lurking.

This post sounds really off to me. Off enough to
. Stating that you're voting a lurker so you can continue to be productive to the town sounds really, really scummy to me. The over dramatization in the last line really makes me think you're scum. If anyone were to speed lynch him and he flipped scum, cool. If he was speedlynched and flipped town, the people that were those last 1 or 2 votes would have some explaining to do. This post reeks of scum trying to distance himself from a wagon on someone he knows to be a townie.
Zajnet wrote:
Unvote, Vote: shadow2222

He's posted no content whatsoever. At all.
What is the difference between your shadow vote and Skunk's SA vote? Aren't the purpose of votes to kill scum, which is indeed productive to the town? Anyways, blatant contradiction = scum.

vote: Zajnet
. I suggest others do the same.
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”