Mini 961: Insane Asylum II: GAME OVER :O!

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:57 am

Post by dramonic »

Magnus is trying to link me to DGB, that's kind of ridiculous.

it'd be nice if we could just hammer both DGB and Haylen and SC at the same time, there's probably two scum in there.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:12 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

The Twenty-Eighth "<Maybe I'll come up with something?>" Vote Count

"<yeeeeeeeeeah>"

Mod Note: Ah hell I hate being sick.

1. magnus_orion (0)
2. StrangerCoug (2): Haylen, DrippingGoofball
3. SocioPath (0)
4. farside22 (0)
7. Tarhalindur (0)
8. DrippingGoofball (3): SocioPath, Tarhalindur, Iecerint
9. Haylen (2) farside22, Dramonic
10. Iecerint (0)
11. Dramonic (0)

Not Voting (2): magnus_orion, StrangerCoug
DGB is at L-2!

Prod Clock (New): Off
Players still needing to respond to prod: No one

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is in 6 days at 10:00 PM EST, Tuesday, June 15th, 2010
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Haylen »

Tar wrote: Haylen: Claim Night 1 action and target. (I have my thoughts on the claim, but I'll hold them until after you do this - either you're digging your own grave or you're pointing me towards a scumbag.)
I protected Farside last night. In my opinion, she was the most protown player through the whole of Day One, even though she suspects me.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Iecerint »

If DGB suspicion has already started to hit critical mass, it starts to be advantageous for her to squeeze another day out with a quicklynch, especially if it doesn't reveal anyone else. This should also explain the other.

So, Haylen, you're Normal Doc AND you got a fancy mass ability-block?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:36 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I got my answer.

I said NO ACTION and there was no action. I actually targeted no one.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:37 am

farside22 wrote:Also I agree with Iec why wouldn't you test the role on someone you felt was scummy to see if you were insane instead of no action?
Because I didn't want to protect them, either.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:39 am

farside22 wrote:@DGB:Ummm your insane doctor or your sanity is unknow? You had 3 post all which contradict what your actual role is.
My sanity is unknown.

That is clear from the QT (ask Tar to confirm this, he will if he's town), when my predecessor claimed.

It's also clear that's what I meant when I wrote my post.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Iecerint »

Given a more intuitive reading of rule 7, DGB is flat-out lying.

And even if we allow her implicit premise that "random target" might mean "random target OR no target," we're forced to believe a lot of low-probability events (e.g. 1/13 for the chance of happening to land on "no action," and the chance that scum targeted Yos OR that there's another doctor out there who practiced on Yos, the more subjective probability that DGB would play in a scummy fashion as town, etc).

(Chance could be increased a little if it was just a mod error from Miss Kitten, in which case, ye know, there are worse reasons to lose a game.)

tl;dr ~

Kill the witch.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Iecerint wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote:
Glork, Miller Cop, has been Scalpel Slashed Night One
Yosarian2, Psychologist, has been Shot Night One
I am going to hazard a guess...

Also, it is very unlikely that UK would refrain from at least informing DGB of who she targeted. She's pretty much claimed scum with that. She also ignored my question.

ALSO, the way to handle that kind of ability N1 is to target someone on the scummy side. The killing is great (~50% chance), and the protection isn't likely to happen (chance of role existing*~1/(n-1)*1/(n-1)*100% chance). It's bogus that DGB just couldn't figure that out or something.

This also may explain the mystery of why scum would have hypothetically killed a relatively scummy player D1. The Yoskill flavor is still sorta weird, though.

Side note: if everyone knew DGB was an insane doc all along, why didn't any of you guys whine about her earlier? <_<
1) I suspect that our actual "vig" is really an insane doctor (though if StrangerCoug is telling the truth, we may be dealing with an naive doctor and paranoid doctor instead). I can't see a scum insane doctor, either.

2) I'm pretty damn sure DGB is scum at this point. Yes, I knew she had previously doctor (sanity unknown as per bv310's claim) - however, I didn't claim that on the off chance that DGB-scum would screw up and claim something else. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what she DID - she claimed insane doctor (which I had implied earlier) and then corrected to sanity unknown.

Moreover, claiming "no target" because you think you're insane? BULLSHIT. See, I thought *I* was probably insane (or at least much more likely to be insane than sane) last night, and instead of no-targeting or targeting a scummy player (didn't want to inadvertently block a vig shot if I did turn out to be sane) I decided to protect the player that had CLAIMED AN ABILITY THAT REVERSED THE SANITY OF PROTECTIVE ROLES TARGETING HIM - a claim that I still believe wholeheartedly, since his role seems to be a mirror of my own and my miller ability works similarly*. In addition, that player was likely to be NKed and was valuable enough to warrant keeping alive, and I had at most a 25% chance of accidentally killing him assuming random sanity (which wouldn't be completely useless - though definitely a worst-case scenario - since I would then be confirmed sane).

That player was Glork (if there's a Green Zone: Sorry about that!). Given the kill method (let alone Haylen's info), it shouldn't be too hard to see exactly why I'm so sure I'm sane.

Given that I'm nearly sure of my sanity and I strongly doubt the existence of two sane doctors in this setup, that implies that both Haylen and DGB are probably nonsane. (I also find the existence of an insane scum doctor impossible for balance reasons... farside, you want to claim any kill immunities.)

Haylen's claimed role reminds me very strongly of Sasaki from my Haruhi game... Haylen, is there any limitation to what days Kairyuu could have set the global block to?

Still think DGB is scum and should be lynched, but I'd like that answer out of Haylen first if possible.

* - I strongly suspect Glork was sane cop and had a 1-shot ability to reverse doctor sanities for the night (my claimed "what is this ability doing on town?" from the start of the game reverses cop sanities for one night).
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:07 am

Well.

I'm telling the truth.

I can see why scum might want to manufacture reasons not to believe me.

If you don't believe me, as the mod yourselves. You'll get the same answer I did.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:09 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

READING IS FUN GUYS!

Boilerplate of this having nothing to do with alignment and merely clarifying a rule several people are expressing confusion on, etc. etc. some restrictions may apply, not valid in quantum states where prohibited.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Haylen »

No there was not a limit on when Kai could use the global block. Now im sleepy :(

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Even with the mod clarification, the kill flavor and the fact that #808 and #809 contradict each other isn't leading me to believe the claim. Sorry, but you had this coming.

Vote: DrippingGoofball
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:48 pm

StrangerCoug wrote:Even with the mod clarification, the kill flavor and the fact that #808 and #809 contradict each other isn't leading me to believe the claim. Sorry, but you had this coming.

Vote: DrippingGoofball
Hi Scum,

I'm sorry if for a period of 5 minutes, I mixed up "insane" with "sanity unknown."

But why am I not surprised that you opprotunistically jump on this.

Can we lynch this scum instead? I'm really frstrated that I'm being wagoned, and the scum is allowed to continue to live.

Think of the HYPOCRISY of SC's ridiculous claim, and HIS OWN TOTALLY BONKERS NIGHT ACTION>>>

Please. Someone needs to use their brain in this game.

And I'm plenty sore about Tar NOT defending me. He knows - from the QT, that I'm totally honest. But. After I flip town, you KNOW who to lynch. My earlier town read of Tar is shaken to its foundations. I cannot imagine him behaving the way he is unless he were scum. If it takes my death to clear this, so be it.

If Tarhalindur and StrangeCougar are NOT lynched, there will be words.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm sorry if for a period of 5 minutes, I mixed up "insane" with "sanity unknown."
You've been on this site for how long?
DrippingGoofball wrote:Please. Someone needs to use their brain in this game.
This from somebody not using hers either.
DrippingGoofball wrote:And I'm plenty sore about Tar NOT defending me. He knows - from the QT, that I'm totally honest.
Tarhalindur does not have to defend you if he does not see a good reason too, and it's clear he doesn't.
DrippingGoofball wrote:If Tarhalindur and StrangeCougar are NOT lynched, there will be words.
Yeah. Words of how we beat you, Haylen, and one other person I'm not sure of right now (my guess is one of farside22 and dramonic).

Somebody hammer the OMGUS'ing hypocrite that refuses to post decent cases on people.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Tar is absolutely 100% undeniably town, and has confirmed several of my suspicions. However, the fact that DGB apparently claimed her role early makes me unsure... it is a rather risky move on her part. I'd like information as to when this was done, game-wise.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

magnus_orion wrote:Tar is absolutely 100% undeniably town, and has confirmed several of my suspicions. However, the fact that DGB apparently claimed her role early makes me unsure... it is a rather risky move on her part. I'd like information as to when this was done, game-wise.
Day 1, while bv310 was still in the game.

I'll make this clear: I think DGB is a Doctor... just probably not a town one (I suspect a scum Paranoid Doctor). (Especially given Haylen's claim... I know that mechanic, and I think scum-Kairyuu would probably have set it to go off at some ridiculously late time and just forgotten about it.)

However, I want to double-check something. Which players do not have daytalk AND cannot talk at night? If I'm right, those players are m_o and SC - any others?

Unvote
while I wait for an answer - if anybody else hammers DGB today, I will ask for their head on a platter tomorrow.
User out of ambit.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

(I also find the existence of an insane scum doctor impossible for balance reasons... farside, you want to claim any kill immunities.)
I have no immunity to kills, however......

Haylen: Do you have an inmate ability?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Tarhalindur wrote:
magnus_orion wrote:Tar is absolutely 100% undeniably town, and has confirmed several of my suspicions. However, the fact that DGB apparently claimed her role early makes me unsure... it is a rather risky move on her part. I'd like information as to when this was done, game-wise.

I'll make this clear: I think DGB is a Doctor... just probably not a town one (I suspect a scum Paranoid Doctor). (Especially given Haylen's claim... I know that mechanic, and I think scum-Kairyuu would probably have set it to go off at some ridiculously late time and just forgotten about it.)

However, I want to double-check something. Which players do not have daytalk AND cannot talk at night? If I'm right, those players are m_o and SC - any others?

Unvote
while I wait for an answer - if anybody else hammers DGB today, I will ask for their head on a platter tomorrow.
I can talk at night. I already pointed this out a while ago. The game is divided into two groups, with SC as an exception, probably as a thirdparty/red herring.
Show
Win-Loss
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

how early? Like what significant, if anything, was going on in-thread at the time.
Show
Win-Loss
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

magnus_orion wrote:
how early? Like what significant, if anything, was going on in-thread at the time.
It was immediately before bv310's computer broke down, AFAICT.
User out of ambit.

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Could match up timestamps and place that between 2 post numbers.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Iecerint »

^ Careful. Miss Kitten gets grouchy. :P
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by SocioPath »

I didn't say STATE the timestamps.
Just STATE the 2 posts.

The posts could theoretically be days apart for all we know. :P
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by Haylen »

Farside wrote: Haylen: Do you have an inmate ability?
Can you explain the question, please? I don't quite understand it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”