Newbie 962 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:52 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

By you all, I was referring to the three players I identified earlier in the post.

And I would argue the definition and implications of being a hypocrite with you, but this is neither the time nor place.

--End of this particular discussion--
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
*Ocarina of Time Mafia... Yeah....
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:56 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Wow, didn't see your 173, I just scrolled down to the bottom of the page. Why does GT's post 164 prove him to be town? If anything, it proves him to be scum. Likewise, how does his sarcastic answer to a question DIRECTED AT SOMEONE OTHER THAN HIM prove him to be a townie?

Also-
Robo wrote:I'm
not saying hes town because of his Meta
I'm saying that
Meta is just one of the reasons I think he is town.
(bolding mine)

Way to completely contradict yourself in a single sentence.
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Cove »

Robo: I would argue completely differently. I think GroupThink's meta points to him being scum moreso than anything.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I didn't completly contradict myself, what I meant was that his Meta wasn't the SOLE reason I thought he was town. Perhaps I worded it wrong.

Once again, I find myself talking to you when I don't want to. Why do you have to constantly oppose me?

I think that his answer to the question, and i know why you think its kinda Hypocrtical/scummy to say hes town because of it, but the way he answered pointed town.

He basically pointed out what was wrong with the game. We are using old news to make new news. Simple as that.

unvote
for now
And, I don't feel like talking to you AGAIN so I think I'll wait till the people that WERE ASKED the question respond. You know what I mean?
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Cove »

Also, your definition of an ISO is not a case, it's not helpful, and it's hard for people to see what you're saying. I do not approve, and have seen it mentioned many times that cases should not contain every post by someone.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Cove wrote: Robo: I would argue completely differently. I think GroupThink's meta points to him being scum moreso than anything.
His Town Meta shows he acts scummy when hes town.

Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Cove »

His town meta shows that he tries when he's town.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Cove wrote: Also, your definition of an ISO is not a case, it's not helpful, and it's hard for people to see what you're saying. I do not approve, and have seen it mentioned many times that cases should not contain every post by someone.
I don't understand what you mean, ISOs are cold hard fact, of course they usually have a little added analysis to show the person whos ISOing their point. where on earth have you seen someone say, "Cases shouldn't have the players post in them?" OK you don't approve, thats your problem. I think its a good way to expose a player. Its a matter of opinion not fact.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Cove wrote: His town meta shows that he tries when he's town.
Uhh, why did you restate my post? I don't get what you mean in this quote. Have you read up on GT and thought differently about his Meta?

Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Cove »

Cases shouldn't have all of the player's posts in them unless they are relevant to what you're saying, and if you refer to multiple posts, you should quote them.

By saying "this post is scummy, this post is townie, this one is null, here's another townie one" You are sitting on two sides of the fence, giving you an out if you end up leading a wagon on a townie.

I wouldn't be mentioning all this stuff if it wasn't a newbie game, since I don't want to be a part of sending an army of anti-town folk into higher end games, where they will be met with similar criticism.
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Cove »

When GT is town, GT tries everything he knows how to do to win (even bend the rules, but I'm not going there). He's hardly trying this game.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:20 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Cove, can you link me to a game that shows this?
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Cove wrote: By saying "this post is scummy, this post is townie, this one is null, here's another townie one" You are sitting on two sides of the fence, giving you an out if you end up leading a wagon on a townie.
ooooo I see what your saying now. Well saying a post is scummy, null, and townie, is just the ISO. But Since so many of them were scummy, I said he was scum. The whole point was an ISO but because of the ISO I placed a vote. Get it?
Cove wrote: When GT is town, GT tries everything he knows how to do to win (even bend the rules, but I'm not going there). He's hardly trying this game.
Have you played with GT before? How do you know thats the way he acts?

AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:28 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

robo wrote:I think that his answer to the question, and i know why you think its kinda Hypocrtical/scummy to say hes town because of it, but the way he answered pointed town.
How? What about his response pointed you to thinking he was town? All it showed to me was that he has a flippant attitude towards this game.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Cove »

I followed along with Newbie 945. You can see in his first 5 posts he has contributed more than he has here, even if his attitude is similar.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

I've played with GT before and I guess I've come to expect scumminess from him. I don't think he is scum. Simple as that.

Remy
Remy
Townie
Remy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Remy »

Cove wrote:I followed along with Newbie 945. You can see in his first 5 posts he has contributed more than he has here, even if his attitude is similar.
This is the main problem I have with GT. It's not his attitude or style that makes me think he is scum (though they could easily give that false impression). Its the fact that he is not doing a single thing to show us that he is town. He is not defending himself against our votes, he is not telling us why he has placed votes on other people, he is not contributing at all to discussion, and most of the time he isn't posting at all.

If he is town then he certainly isn't doing anything to help the town win. And that's not much better than being scum.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Remy wrote:If he is town then he certainly isn't doing anything to help the town win. And that's not much better than being scum.
This
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Kleedrac »

AKnottedRope wrote:People I want to hear from: Kleedrac, Kindred, Tidher (I know you're on VLA, I still want to hear from you when you get back).

To you all:

1) Why aren't you voting GT?
2) Do you think someone is scummier than GT?
3) What are your thoughts on the rest of the game as a whole?

Klee
Why do you still have a vote on Cove?

Kindred
You haven't said much at all this game, why?

Tidher
Um, hi. Big post please.
1) I hadn't had a chance to read his post history, now that I have that will change before the end of this post.

2) I had built a case on Cove a while back for him trying too hard to point fingers all over the place. The problem is he actually listened to me, calmed down, and has become a very productive member of the town!

3) This game is moving very very slowly as I predicted. I'm a little concerned about the amount of meta arguments in a newbie game and also very concerned about the increasing distraction of your argument with Robo. If he is being mean to you perhaps that's a role he's playing to help us newbies build cases against him? I don't believe for a second he's just being a dick for the sake of being a dick and in his other games I've read he tends not to be so I'm pretty sure he's doing it solely to help us newbies and we should treat it as such.

As for your question on me, as I said earlier I was thinking Cove before but he's since calmed down and GroupThink is being the opposite of a productive townie; he's lurkish, when he does post he treats the game as a whole like a joke, and as much as people hate to hear this, sometimes a day 1 lynch that may be town but is still a distracting player is in the town's best interests. Therefore;
Unvote
Vote: GroupThink

I realize GT that my vote will not make your life less interesting or the game more interesting, but perhaps with the distraction of you gone, for better or worse in terms of raw town numbers, we shall get some scumhunting done on the morrow :)

@Mod - May we have a votecount please sir?
Lookin' smug since 1979
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Ok GT you're at L-1, time to claim
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

TO EVERYONE ELSE
: please don't hammer GT until he has a chance to claim.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Tidher
Tidher
Townie
Tidher
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:51 am

Post by Tidher »

Quick question for you lot: I've just logged on and about to start writing up my detailed post. Would you rather I made it before GT claims, or after? Looking for opinions from the SE/ICs, mainly, preferably with reasons as to why (trying to learn a little, after all). Needless to say, I'm happy to keep writing it up now so can post it whenever people tend to think best.
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Cove »

Post it whenever it's done, just don't vote GroupThink until he claims, and we discuss that claim.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

AKnottedRope
(1) - vrtra
kindred_spirit
(0)
GroupThink
(4) - Cove, AKnottedRope, Remy, Kleedrac
Kleedrac
(0)
Remy
(1) - GroupThink
Tidher
(0)
vrtra
(0)
Cove
(0)
Robocopter87
(0)

Not voting
(3) - kindred_spirit, Tidher, Robocopter87

With 9 alive, 5 votes will achieve a lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is
June 20th
Last edited by Crazy on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

AKnottedRope wrote:
Remy wrote:If he is town then he certainly isn't doing anything to help the town win. And that's not much better than being scum.
This
AKR, I don't think you have a reason to vote besides this one and thats Remy's opinion. All you have against GT is a failure to respond to a stupid question in RVS. What you are doing here is riding off Remy to get your way. Give me Five good reasons why your voting him. Five. Cuz thats how many votes he needs.
AKR wrote: Ok GT you're at L-1, time to claim
I'm pretty sure GT knows when to claim.

I'm telling you people, GT isn't going to flip scum, so don't come crying to me when he flips town. Just callin the future here people. When he flips town will you listen to me?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”