Newbie 960 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Equinox »

Continuing from last night's post...

I Am Innocent mentions that Memnon's post here may be an attempt to communicate with a scum partner to back off andrew94. This is an interesting observation that is worth a second look. Memnon's post does appear to be sudden; he was not yet under pressure, and it wasn't during the heat of andrew94's interrogation. Looking back, I think that post was in response to andrew94's accusation of Ren, since it would make more sense if put in that context. It would also be a null tell, funny wording aside. (This theory is confirmed with Memnon's response later in the thread.)

ToG posts his list of reads. His town read of Sotty7 seems to be based on the fact that Sotty7 is defending him. While I agree with him on this read, I don't agree with how he got there. I will cover this in my third post, as it's not relevant to my reread right now. ToG also shows he is willing to
dig
for meta. That's massive dedication, folks.

Skipping even more theory...

NomDePlume uses ToG's meta read of Ren to vote Ren. I know I am being a hypocrite, but this is some nice piggy backing behavior here. Considering his odd "defense" of andrew94 and his vague movements toward pro-town statements, I'm getting more and more comfortable with calling for his lynch.

ToG tunneling me is interesting, now that I've broken out of my OMGUS mindset. This is probably not role-related, considering that mb53 never attacked me (even when he should have, I might add). I don't think this tunneling is scummy; I think it's because of how ToG is reading my posts. I've addressed this already.

NomDePlume's case on Ren is... interesting. I disagree with his first point; really, andrew94's responses were practically
begging
for more questions, and Ren delivered. It was not so much scum hunting but more of a "You are not answering my questions and it's frustrating me" interrogation. I like his second point, since Ren's unvote really does appear that way.

I never thought I'd say this, but his defense of my posts are giving me the same vibe as his defense of andrew94. He doesn't explain his "town mentality" position further, which makes it seem as though he actually knows I am town and is trying to get me to sway to his side... That's kind of scary to me. I apologize if you honestly do believe I am town, but I've learned not to automatically trust people who appear to trust me for no apparent reason.

ToG backs off me after I ask him my million dollar question. This is an odd thing to do, but I believe this is a newbie tell, since he said that he wasn't sure of how to scum hunt yet.

Memnon's last line in this post is very weird. It makes no attempt to defend Memnon while making him appear that much more suspicious at the same time.

Hmm... Memnon made a case against I Am Innocent and NomDePlume yet didn't back it up. Or, rather, he did explain the I Am Innocent case, but he's not that solid. I feel that his reasoning that "his attack on me is opportunistic" is actually an OMGUS reaction -- not necessarily scummy, but I know it's a reaction I get when people accuse me -- and not an actual "I think he is scummy!" reaction. Memnon does not elaborate on his cases against imkingdavid and NomDePlume, which is disappointing.

NomDePlume doesn't have an actual position regarding Memnon, which is very much noted. Bad luck that both Ren and Titiboo flaked. He seems to think andrew94 is town, and from his posts and the wording here, I gather he believed that from the beginning...

This post by Memnon has me thinking he's just a newbie town. Nothing to see here. Moving along.

Sotty7's attack on imkingdavid is interesting. What I read from imkingdavid's comment is more of a theory-based warning rather than an actual scum hunting attack, yet Sotty7 appears to take offense.

I am forced to wonder why exactly Skill006 liked and still likes Ren. Ren's posts were more of a null tell than a town tell for me, and the current imkingdavid bandwagon means a bunch of other people don't feel Ren was townish.

It's getting harder to read posts despite the smoother reading in the latter part of the thread... and I fear it's because I'm starting to tunnel NomDePlume in my mind. If I survive Day 1, I'll have to go back and reread imkingdavid's and Skill006's posts to catch anything I've missed.

I like Sotty7's push for Skill006 to post reasons why she doesn't want andrew94, imkingdavid, or Equinox. Skill006 should have noticed that these are rather popular wagons, which means they need some compelling evidence before they can be disbanded. I cite the example of andrew94. His later posts were good enough to end the wagon and tunneling.

Oooh, I like Sotty7's follow-up attack on imkingdavid's warning a lot more than the initial attack. I can't wait to see how imkingdavid responds to this.

Hmm... Skill006's post has me bemused. What she's doing here is... advocating for not lynching certain people, rather than advocating for lynches like everyone else has been doing. That's certainly a different approach, and I don't like the implications. I also don't like Skill006 taking option three without any other explanation. To take a bite out of Skill006's book here, I don't want to lynch Skill006 today, but I definitely want a second look tomorrow because there's something going on here.

Okay, time to write up post three.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Equinox »

Conclusions!

Unvote, Vote: NomDePlume

NomDePlume's defense of andrew94 suggests that he possesses privileged information, and his defense of Equinox appears to be an attempt to gain her trust for later stages of the game as well as town credential in the event of a mislynch. His agreement with Equinox that andrew94's interrogation is distracting adds nothing to the game, and he made no effort to move the game away from andrew94 at any point.

I am not comfortable lynching either andrew94 or Memnon today. I am willing to lynch imkingdavid if there are no better options by deadline, but I would rather wait for his response to Sotty7.

Reading the game in one go gives some very good insights into previous states of the game day that one would not get by getting a post-by-post feed. I recommend doing this if anyone is not sure of what to make of the current game state and has some spare time to kill.

ToGNewbie 940 has just ended, so I am now free to address the wording of my spreadsheet advertisement in that particular game.

I was taking over that spreadsheet from a player I was replacing. Basically, this was the first game where I publicized the fact that I was doing one... and the first game where I actually made a spreadsheet. You will see this in an isolation read in that game. I specifically asked if anyone still wanted the spreadsheet before I went ahead with it.

Once I got a "yes," I took up the practice. I did not yet think of the possibility that I might die during the game, which is why I never mentioned it.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:54 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Equinox wrote:Conclusions!

NomDePlume's defense of andrew94 suggests that he possesses privileged information, and his defense of Equinox appears to be an attempt to gain her trust for later stages of the game as well as town credential in the event of a mislynch. His agreement with Equinox that andrew94's interrogation is distracting adds nothing to the game, and he made no effort to move the game away from andrew94 at any point.

I am not comfortable lynching either andrew94 or Memnon today. I am willing to lynch imkingdavid if there are no better options by deadline, but I would rather wait for his response to Sotty7.
unvote

Not because of your analysis, I did one of those on another forum when I was scum once (and everyone ate it up). And not because I think NDP is scum, because I don't. But it has entirely to do with you finally taking a stance.

vote: Memnon

Your last post was probably your only townie one you made. But your disappearance reminds me of George Costanza who tries to leave the room on a high note when he actually makes a good joke.

Your policy lynch suggestion of Andrew, when you admitted he is probably townie, was just bad. Your top 2 lists stunk, and was revised to accomodate your needs for self preservation.

As of right now, I think I would also still be okay with lynching imkingdavid or andrew.

@Skill, I think I may know where you are going with that reverse list, but you still really need to answer Sotty's question on who you think is scum. We are down to 3 days til the deadline.
NomDePlume
NomDePlume
Goon
NomDePlume
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:15 am

Post by NomDePlume »

Warning: long post. Lots of stuff from Equinox to respond to and I'd hate to miss any of it. Cliff notes at the end.
Equinox wrote:Ren's observation that both Kenman and NomDePlume were quick to post in the thread is interesting. It's a weak tell at best until we get other evidence that they are scummy. For the moment, I don't feel that two SEs would be that eager to start distancing each other so early.
Seriously? I think "quick to post" is a rubbish tell of anything. My last game had finished a few days earlier and I was keen to get started on a new one. Like in alot of things (playing the trumpet, learning German, getting super fit, working hard, being a good husband) I tend to show early enthusiasm which fades...
Equinox wrote:I think there's something wrong with all the scum tells people are getting from andrew94. As NomDePlume stated previously, the andrew94 wagon at the time was a really easy one to join, and it was also very easy to point out andrew94's hesitation and inconsistencies as role-related.
Equinox wrote:All right, this is just my paranoia talking, but I think I need to keep an eye on NomDePlume. It's highly likely that his defense of andrew94 is town-motivated, but I have also seen scum defend scummy townies to earn town credential. The fact that scum already know who is town makes this very easy to do. I'll get back to this at some point, as I've seen him pop in and out.
I thought there was something wrong with the scum tells too - as I pointed out in my post.
Wolframnhart wrote:Andrew's play somewhat reminds me of a player NDP and i just got done playing with, a very scummy townie named Donny
This was in newbie #924. I read Donny as town in that game (I was town) and Andrew immediately struck me as very similar in this one. The scum in that game, TaylorSwift, did precisely this: "scum defend scummy townies to earn town credential". Wolf (and IAI) was in that game and he was in this one at this point so blatantly performing this "trick" were I scum would have been stupid.
Equinox in some earlier post wrote:Yes, scum hunting comes first, but do not do that at the expense of innocents. Chances are we are going to lynch a townie today; it's probability. However, if someone is pushing a lynch on someone you think is innocent, you should be defending that townie as well as pushing for someone you believe to be scummy. It's better to lynch scum, after all.
So I defended Andrew, someone I thought was town and put a case on Ren someone I think is scum.
Equinox wrote:I like NomDePlume's case against Titiboo. It's the first, plus points for that. I also like the questions he's asking Memnon here regarding the policy lynch he's pushing.
Equinox wrote:Again, NomDePlume comes to andrew94's defense. Actually, it's not really a "defense," but more like something a "good player" would say in an effort to shift attention off a distraction. The problem I see here is NomDePlume makes no actual effort to do so; he merely nods. Going out on a limb here, ScumDePlume does not want to be the one to lead. Rather, he waits for town to walk themselves to the next target, and he will follow them or stop them for town cred.
These two points seem to directly contradict each other. I encouraged people to not tunnel on Andrew, I had just made a case on someone else (Titiboo) and I was questioning Memnon. What more do you think I should be doing to get them to move on? I wasn't waiting for the town to walk themselves to another target I was pointing one out and questioning another.
Please show me where I have followed someone else
Equinox wrote:NomDePlume acknowledges Titiboo and wolframnhart have been difficult to read due to lack of content, and he accuses Ren of distracting tunneling. I don't have a problem with this, really, since there wasn't much to work with at this point in the game thanks to all the theory and the andrew94 tunnels. It's just that I'm still uncomfortable with NomDePlume...
You are a bit ambiguous here so I don't know what you mean. You don't have a problem with my accusing Ren of tunneling or you don't have a problem with Ren tunneling?
Equinox wrote:NomDePlume uses ToG's meta read of Ren to vote Ren. I know I am being a hypocrite, but this is some nice piggy backing behavior here. Considering his odd "defense" of andrew94 and his vague movements toward pro-town statements, I'm getting more and more comfortable with calling for his lynch.
In my previous post #165 (which was before ToG's post about Ren's lie) I had named Ren as my second suspect after Titiboo. Titiboo had flaked and ToG had pointed out Ren's lie, a vote was certainly in order. I don't see it as piggy backing - I showed my suspicion first. Doesn't it seem weird for you to find a scum tell in something that you say you have done yourself? How good a tell does that make it?

Equinox wrote:NomDePlume's case on Ren is... interesting. I disagree with his first point; really, andrew94's responses were practically
begging
for more questions, and Ren delivered. It was not so much scum hunting but more of a "You are not answering my questions and it's frustrating me" interrogation. I like his second point, since Ren's unvote really does appear that way.
I still like my case. When I was scum in newbie #921 (I replaced in) it was exactly the sort of scumhunting I did. Find a poor, inconsistent townie and get them strung up - I mean they look scummy right? Well at least on the surface... That is what I think Ren was doing. The unvote and totally ignoring my direct question did it for me.
Equinox wrote:I never thought I'd say this, but his defense of my posts are giving me the same vibe as his defense of andrew94. He doesn't explain his "town mentality" position further, which makes it seem as though he actually knows I am town and is trying to get me to sway to his side... That's kind of scary to me. I apologize if you honestly do believe I am town, but I've learned not to automatically trust people who appear to trust me for no apparent reason.
I don't normally explain my town reads unless I'm challenged on them, I don't like telling people what I find townie because it's probably quite easy to fake. I wouldn't have mentioned my read except that you were a topic of conversation at that point and I felt I should comment. It was interesting that ToG performed an about-face after you had posted and I had declared my read. Again it's not exactly me following other people, is it?

Anyway why did I have a town read on you?
Equinox wrote:I think I know what's getting me angry in this game. It's all certainties and absolutes in here. Black or white. No, you can't speculate in the grey because that's scummy. No, you can't wait for the color to change because that's scummy.

I'm standing in a grey pool of paint. I feel like I have to either get my prints all over the brand new white paint job on the floor, or I have to continue sitting there in that grey area. I refuse to make up cases against town reads just because a few people are angry that I won't do it. Therefore, I will continue to stand in that grey area until I find that nook I missed, even if that gets me lynched. A town read cannot be a scum read.

It's frustrating me to no end that I can't tell if all this pressure is scummy or if I'm just getting an OMGUS reaction. It's frustrating me to no end that the only way I know how to make my position on things any less ambiguous is blocked.

Ugh. I'm too emotional at the moment. I'll come back in a bit once I calm down and can think more rationally. I don't think "a bit" will kill anyone.
This is just the sort of stuff I feel and the kind of rubbish I post when I'm town. That's what I mean when I say town mentality. I think it might be easy to fake this stuff so I tried ISOing you in a few games to see if it is a repeat but I couldn't see it. Mind you I was too lazy and blurry eyed after a couple of games to read it all, too many posts in too many games...
Equinox wrote:NomDePlume doesn't have an actual position regarding Memnon, which is very much noted. Bad luck that both Ren and Titiboo flaked. He seems to think andrew94 is town, and from his posts and the wording here, I gather he believed that from the beginning...
I did have a position on Memnon, it was in my previous post #249. My first comment on my read of Andrew was: I don't have a scum read on him. The more I saw scummy attacks on him and read his posts the more confident I was in having a town read. But I'm only right about as much as any other newish player so I'm not promising anything.
Equinox wrote:

We don't know Andrew's alignment yet so saying I possess privileged information about it seems premature to me - and it seems to be just because I held a different view from yours. I posted exactly why I had the read at the time - do you think it was poor reasoning on my part? Referring to yourself in the third person is a bit odd, has Ren rubbed off on you? Agreeing with someone's point sometimes does adds something, it reinforces it. What is wrong with agreeing with someone? I had made an effort to move the game away from Andrew: I had posted a Titiboo case and started questioning Memnon, then I requested people to stop tunneling Andrew.

Many of these points would have been clear if you did an ISO on me, you accuse me of doing things which are clearly not the case from previous posts.

If you read this far well done, you deserve a break. Go to the fridge and crack open a beer - tell whomever from me you deserve it.

Cliff notes
: case rebutted, move on to the post after this.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:37 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Vote Count

Day 1; 9 alive, 5 to lynch

imkingdavid (3) - NomDePlume, andrew94, Memnon
Memnon (2) - ToG, I Am Innocent
Equinox (1) - Sotty7
NomDePlume (1) - Equinox

Yet to vote (2) - imkingdavid, Skill006

Memnon has been prodded per request.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:38 am

Post by imkingdavid »

andrew94 wrote:nice ppl afking near the deadline
Please don't blame others of "afking" (I'm assuming you mean "flaking") when you yourself haven't contributed much of anything recently.

In any case, flaking means that you leave the game without notice for no given reason. I have given notice and a legitimate reason, which is hardly flaking.

And to add to that, I will not be on V/LA until Wednesday. Deadline is on Monday, so I won't be missing anything unless Night ends early. I plan on contributing and voting before deadline hits.
andrew94 wrote:i actually just said that random thing to test my avatar lawl
What is that supposed to mean? Are you saying that your previous post (334) is a "random thing"? Does that mean that you don't mean what you said in that post?

@Sotty7: Alright, here's my point: As Equinox hinted in her recent WOT, I was not trying to personally attack you. Maybe I phrased my post incorrectly. I am just saying that no one (especially an experienced IC) should be labelled as town. I did mention that you specifically are good at blending in with the town as scum (as I saw firsthand in Newbie 802). I'm not trying to imply anything with it, I'm just trying to warn against making such assumptions of players of your caliber.

I can see that you're taking major offense to this, but I don't feel that it's as big of an issue as you're making it. You are getting defensive easily.

Equinox wrote:I am forced to wonder why exactly Skill006 liked and still likes Ren. Ren's posts were more of a null tell than a town tell for me, and the current imkingdavid bandwagon means a bunch of other people don't feel Ren was townish.
I agree there... I appreciate the help, but I'm not sure exactly why Skill is sticking up for me like that.

I can see scum motivation behind it. For instance, assuming Skill is scum, she could buddy/link with a pro-town player in order to have them linked in the future if she gets linked. That way the town would waste a lynch on a townie because of the links between the townie and the scum, letting the other scum slide by easily.
But then again, I can see town motivation as well, where one townie doesn't want another to get mislynched over weak arguments.
Sotty7 wrote:No, it really doesn't. No one is going to point at someone, on day one and say “this person is town! I shall never vote them all game!” because that is just stupid. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with having town reads on player slots. This is a team game and often is as much as about finding the other townies than finding the scum. Scum players get very nervous when townies come together and reach a consensus, that's why they try and defuse town reads.
I'm not trying to "defuse town reads". I'm trying to keep people from putting anyone (in this case you, but it applies to anyone) on the backburner as far as suspicions go. You can never let your guard down in this game.
Also, if I recall correctly, it has already been mentioned in this game that if enough people label someone as flat out town, that person is the more likely Night Kill because scum know that that person will be difficult to lynch, but they can't risk leaving them alive because they're so pro-town. I'm just trying to avoid losing potentially strong pro-town players. That's all.
Sotty7 wrote:Townies will also question other players town reads, but will do it in such a way that will provoke discussion. For example; “You think so-and-so is town? Why? I think he as done x,y and z all of which is scummy!” You on the other hand, didn't ask Memnon why he thought I was townie, instead you warned the whole game that I am good scum and that they should be scared of me.
Fair enough. Next time I'll be sure to ask for examples of exactly why he didn't post anything more than "Townie" about you, but posted stuff about everyone else. Although I figured that it would be implied by my post that he should respond accordingly.
Sotty7 wrote:That, my old buddy, is an appeal to fear. Classic scum tell. You are discrediting Memnon and myself in one fell swoop. Even putting me in a position that I can't really defend “you are good scum”... Um thanks?
Um you're welcome?
I'm not asking you to defend yourself, nor do you really need to defend yourself against anything. In fact, the issue was more with Memnon labelling you as "Townie" than with whether or not you're good at being pro-town regardless of your role.
If you feel you need to defend yourself, then I must not have worded it right.
Sotty7 wrote:The bold is a complete misrep of what is happening in this game. No one, that I have seen, is moving their vote around on a whim. This is a snakey way to discredit IAI and myself and I won't stand for it. All of my votes have been strong and I have got the same impression from IAI's votes as well.
You really do analyze every word. Nice catch.
Anyway, I was not referring to your votes necessarily, but more to the fact that you want people to have votes on someone at all the time.
But if someone is easily swayed (not necessarily a scum tell, imo) they will move their vote more often instead of taking the time to work on finding the person they find most scummy. Rather, I feel that they should place their vote when they have somewhere to place it, not just to get their name off the "Not voting" list.

Anyway, Sotty7 complains that I made an argument against her that she can't defend against (something about "You're a good scum"). However, is that very much different than the cases against me? I can hardly defend my predecessor's lurking or tunneling because it wasn't me who did it. I can't answer to it any more than "I'll try and do better than she/they did".

Of course the reasons for the vote that I just mentioned still hold weight because they are scum-tells, and I'm not trying to discredit them, but I am wondering if any actual case against
me
has been/is being made?

Alright, it's time for me to take a stance. We're nearing the extended deadline, and I am the only one not voting, unless I missed an unvote somewhere along the way.

But we do have 3 days more for discussion, so let's not hammer until we need to.

Anyway, I am going to start actually rereading and analyzing the thread since I have some free time (unless my parents get home and want me to do something).
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Equinox »

NomDePlume wrote:This was in newbie #924. I read Donny as town in that game (I was town) and Andrew immediately struck me as very similar in this one. The scum in that game, TaylorSwift, did precisely this: "scum defend scummy townies to earn town credential". Wolf (and IAI) was in that game and he was in this one at this point so blatantly performing this "trick" were I scum would have been stupid.
Ah! I remember reading that endgame. (That's where I got that line.) I didn't realize you were in it. Yes, considering I Am Innocent would know about that game, ScumDePlume probably wouldn't pull that gambit. Hmm... This is actually good enough for me to unvote.

Unvote

NomDePlume wrote:You are a bit ambiguous here so I don't know what you mean. You don't have a problem with my accusing Ren of tunneling or you don't have a problem with Ren tunneling?
I don't have a problem with your accusation.

Hmm... I probably did mess up the timeline while reading. I'll take a closer look at the posts you've pointed out.

Change of plans.

Vote: Memnon

If it's between imkingdavid and Memnon, I choose Memnon. I may have gotten a town read before from one of his more recent posts, but I want to hear about his case against imkingdavid/Ren and NomDePlume, which he never clarified.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Equinox »

FLUFF POST.

Something just occurred to me. If we're getting
fifteen pages
out of Day 1 and we keep this up for later days, it's going to be total hell to find replacements!

._.

No flaking allowed! Under threat of lynch!
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by andrew94 »

my post was a random thing except when i asked 'how can a person seem more scummier'which i have received no reply.
afk= away from keyboard not flaking?

and
@ equinox ur last post makes no sense. i believe imkingdavid (ren) just said he gives resonable excuses for being afk. so......

i gotta go overseas {sarcasm]
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Equinox »

Flaking == replacing out
V/LA == "AFK"

Therefore, I forbid anyone from flaking. :P
Memnon
Memnon
Goon
Memnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Memnon »

Sorry guys. Sorta slipped back into lurking.

I will post when I read from where I last posted. I sorta skimmed through it but I need to read it carefully before I answer anything. This should come soon, hopefully in the next hour or so.

I Am Innocent, why did you vote me? Any particular reason? At least Equinox gave a reason.
Thanks to Equinox for putting together my wiki without my knowledge. <3

I am currently on hiatus. Expected return date: next spring.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by andrew94 »

I Am Innocent wrote:
Equinox wrote:Conclusions!

Not because of your analysis, I did one of those on another forum when I was scum once (and everyone ate it up). And not because I think NDP is scum, because I don't. But it has entirely to do with you finally taking a stance.
taking a stance= not scum? whers the logic
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Sotty7 wrote:
Mod: Skill unvoted Andrew when she replaced in
hint hint*
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Memnon wrote:Sorry guys. Sorta slipped back into lurking.

I will post when I read from where I last posted. I sorta skimmed through it but I need to read it carefully before I answer anything. This should come soon, hopefully in the next hour or so.

I Am Innocent, why did you vote me? Any particular reason? At least Equinox gave a reason.
I Am Innocent-Post 352 wrote:
vote: Memnon

Your last post was probably your only townie one you made. But your disappearance reminds me of George Costanza who tries to leave the room on a high note when he actually makes a good joke.

Your policy lynch suggestion of Andrew, when you admitted he is probably townie, was just bad. Your top 2 lists stunk, and was revised to accomodate your needs for self preservation.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

andrew94 wrote:taking a stance= not scum?
Nope, never said it did.
andrew94 wrote:whers the logic
The logic is I find equinox to be the toughest read in the game. If I am going to let her live, I want to make sure she makes some hard stances that I can circle back on if she contradicts herself.

Like in her stance she says she doesn't want to vote out you or Memnon, but is okay with imkingdavid.

Few posts later after I move Memnon to L-3, she votes Memnon instead of imkingdavid.

:?:
Memnon
Memnon
Goon
Memnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Memnon »

Whoa totally missed that IAI, my bad.

Anyway, I'm out of time so I'm gonna skip the answering people's suspicions and just say my first impressions of the last few pages.

I'm liking Skill's play so far, but we're a bit too pressed for time for that sort of thing. We kinda need to make a decision soon.

Imkingdavid I'm putting at a null-tell. I have reasons for this which I figured out earlier when I skimmed the thread, but I have conveniently forgotten them, so I'll have to tell them tomorrow when I read again. Someone remind me if I forget.

Equinox, while I like her wall & analysis, ruined it all when she jumped on me after I Am Innocent did. I am kinda suspicious of Equinox right now.

Andrew, contribute something.

Hey, ToG's back. That's good. Maybe he explained his vote on me...(never mind, he didn't really).

Sotty7, I apologize for not realizing you were a girl. You have my permission to lynch me for that. =D

Did I miss anyone?
Thanks to Equinox for putting together my wiki without my knowledge. <3

I am currently on hiatus. Expected return date: next spring.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Equinox »

Regarding Memnon:
Equinox wrote:I may have gotten a town read before from one of his more recent posts, but I want to hear about his case against imkingdavid/Ren and NomDePlume, which he never clarified.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i am innocent, you unvoted someone{equinox?) because they took a stance
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:58 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

andrew94 wrote:i am innocent, you unvoted someone{equinox?) because they took a stance
The stance was enough to convince me my vote was best placed elsewhere.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:23 am

Post by imkingdavid »

For the record, I do have a post in the making. I'm not stalling, I'm just working on some final projects that are due Monday and Tuesday. I will definitely have my post out before deadline, and it will most likely be out with plenty of time for discussion and such if needed. However, I am leaving for a party of sorts in about an hour which will go for a few hours. I should be able to continue work on this with a few breaks for my projects after the party if I'm not wiped out. Sorry for the delay. The end of school is always busier than any other time in school because all of the teachers like to assign big finals at the same time.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Skill006 »

@equinox and IKD, I like ren's play when she was actually playing, as she was really active, and that usually is a good sign of town (though I have seen a few active scum like Ray, they are normally pretty lurk-ish until brought under fire). I also didn't like the case brought on ren herself, like I brought up in this post.

Despite all this, its true that I haven't actually looked in depth into her, so I guess I really shouldn't be going all out to defend IKD.

I know I haven't been taking much of a stance, but I really am struggling to figure out my reads. But it's only day 1, and we need a lynch soon, so I guess I really shouldn't be trying to iron out who I really really think is scum.

equinox's vote and subsequent unvote of nomdeplume is kinda bothering me as well. It really seems like she doesn't want to take a stance.

memnon was my top suspect, but he's starting to seem more and more like a typical newb townie, which throws me off :/ But, I guess playing the newb card this late in the day doesn't really help.

Anyway, I don’t like how he was pushing for a policy lynch without voting, and his stances hold no water.

I'm not sure what the case on IKD is, I haven't seen any 'scum tells' beyond the memnon/sotty deal.

I don't really like sotty's cases, though it’s hard to tell if its indicating scum or a different perspective. I'm leaning more towards the latter (of course).

Apparently, her main reason for voting memnon was because he was lying as she explained in this post. Why did you think scum-memnon would lie about nothing going on in the game?

Then she got very defnesive about IKD's advice towards memnon, and saw it as an appeal to fear/discredit towards her. It almost seems like she's scared of us looking at her other games :/ It just seems to me like she's really persistent to find IKD scummy, and I'm really not sure why.

I'm thinking of actually looking at some of her other games before making a stance on sotty, because I'm just getting the feeling that she has a different perspective on everything.

Actually, just by looking at your wiki...Sotty have you played any newbie games where you were town? :?

So right now, my top suspect is memnon, with a tentative read on sotty. Of course, I highly doubt that there’ll be a sotty lynch today, so:

vote:memnon
(L-1)
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Equinox »

Skill006 wrote:equinox's vote and subsequent unvote of nomdeplume is kinda bothering me as well. It really seems like she doesn't want to take a stance.
I had a stance while I was reading; it's in that post where I voted NomDePlume. In fact, I had trouble reading past the halfway point because I started to mentally tunnel him. However, most of my suspicions were based on his odd defense of andrew94 and Equinox when almost everyone else had found them scummy at some point in the game, and his meta basically nulls the case. Read NomDePlume's response and then the game he references (post-game analysis is fine) and you'll see why.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:23 am

Post by andrew94 »

andrew94 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
hint hint*
scotty, was that a hint to your partner to get of me? lawl
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Skill006 »

It just seemed odd to me...you really thought he was scum, and then that one piece of meta convinced you otherwise.

And I just notcied that you refer to yourself in the third person. Is that for convinience when people are rereading the thread? (just out of curiosity)
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Skill006 »

andrew94 wrote:
andrew94 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
hint hint*
scotty, was that a hint to your partner to get of me? lawl
Nah, she was just letting the mod know there was an error in his vote count.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”