CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by CCARaven4 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
CCARaven wrote:I'm still getting caught up, but first I'm going to unvote: SSBF. No reason that vote should still be there.
You have made 5 posts in 10 Days, most of which contain only 1 or 2 lines with minimal game content. If this game is that overwhelming for you please replace out.
I completely agree.
@Mod: Please replace me out. I just don't have the time or energy to stay caught up with the game.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 1.15: The
"There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man."
votecount

Lynch Count

Super Smash Bros. Fan (1) -
Unsight

RichardGHP (2) -
Raivann, migewelloni

CryMeARiver (1) -
Hasdgfas

Drippereth (2) -
Benmage, Kleedrac

Vezopiraka (2) -
Hayker, Mikujin

Hayker (3) -
Percy, Axelrod, MacavityLock

danakillsu (2) -
xvart, Paranoia

Kleedrac (7) -
Drippereth, LynchMePls, Super Smash Bros. Fan, danakillsu, RichardGHP, vezopiraka, I doubt it

Mikujin (1) -
MagnaofIllusion

Unsight (2)
Mina, Locke Lamora

Not voting to Lynch (3) - CryMeARiver, Rifka Vivieka, CCARaven4

Hand of the King Count

xvart (2) -
xvart, Kleedrac

CryMeARiver (2) -
CryMeARiver, Raivann

RichardGHP (1)-
RichardGHP

Benmage (1) -
Benmage

Drippereth (2) -
Danakillsu, Drippereth

Percy (9) -
hasdgfas, Mikujin, MagnaofIllusion, MacavityLock, Percy, vezopiraka, I doubt it, Super Smash Bros. Fan,Rifka Viveka

Mina (2) -
Paranoia, Locke Lamora

Not voting to Raise (7) - Unsight, Migwelloni, Hayker, Mina, CCARaven4, Axelrod, LynchMePls

With 26 alive, it takes 14 to lynch and raise.

The deadline for today's lynch is
10:00pm EST on Tuesday the 22nd of June
. You can view a countdown to the deadline .

MOI and MacLock's La are noted.

Replacing Migwelloni and CCARaven4. Hayker has 24 hours to make a post or I will also begin looking for a replacement.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:52 am

Post by hasdgfas »

xvart wrote:On Richard's claim, I'm guessing his character is actually his character because Renly is a fairly prominent character and would fit well in this game in terms of flavor. As other's have said, that does not determine alignment. I could easily see this set of characters and abilities fitting in with a scum faction. His ability claim may very well be true. If anyone in Renly's camp (including Ser Loras) flips scum then Richard should be auto-lynched the next day.
:? This seems off to me. What if someone from Renly's camp fits scum, but the faction is something Renly wouldn't fit in? Should we still lynch him?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:56 am

Post by Rifka Viveka »

I do find SSBFs ''parrotgate'' suspicious, but not because parroting is suspicious itself, or more accurately since there was a ninja post, clearly no parroting happened at all. Instead, in his haste to accept 'guilt' for this action, and quickly get out in front of what was not scummy at all he reveals IMO a awareness of his own scumminess i usually see out of scum players-scum often see themselves and partners as scummier than they really look for example.
Winter is coming.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:36 am

Post by xvart »

hasdgfas, 502 wrote:
xvart wrote:On Richard's claim, I'm guessing his character is actually his character because Renly is a fairly prominent character and would fit well in this game in terms of flavor. As other's have said, that does not determine alignment. I could easily see this set of characters and abilities fitting in with a scum faction. His ability claim may very well be true. If anyone in Renly's camp (including Ser Loras) flips scum then Richard should be auto-lynched the next day.
:? This seems off to me. What if someone from Renly's camp fits scum, but the faction is something Renly wouldn't fit in? Should we still lynch him?
I guess there could be exceptions as I don't really recall all the people and the family structure of Renly's claim to the throne, but I meant that if we lynch Ser Loras or anyone that would obviously be on Renly's faction and that person flips scum then Renly should be auto-lynched. I was thinking that Renly's faction was more clear cut than some of the other houses where some characters could flip scum and others could flip town (or opposing scum).

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Drippereth »

Rifka Viveka wrote:I do find SSBFs ''parrotgate'' suspicious, but not because parroting is suspicious itself, or more accurately since there was a ninja post, clearly no parroting happened at all. Instead, in his haste to accept 'guilt' for this action, and quickly get out in front of what was not scummy at all he reveals IMO a awareness of his own scumminess i usually see out of scum players-scum often see themselves and partners as scummier than they really look for example.
I'm of the opposite pint of view; if he were scum he wouldn't have drawn attention to it.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:50 am

Post by danakillsu »

@xvart
You're right... it was SSBF that was ignoring my points. Sorry for the misundertanding. But didn't you get involved in that conversation, anyway? Or is that just me?
@SSBF
Consider everything I've been saying to xvart as directed to you.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Drippereth »

CATCHING UP!
Raivan wrote: Call me a sucker, but I believe Kleedrac here. He seems to be genuinely pissed.
Scum can be genuinely pissed too. Anyway, I recall thinking you were scum somewhere earlier but I forgot why. I'll figure it out later.
Mcav wrote:SSBF: Scummy, due to apologizing for what is unnecessary to apologize for.
Magna: Scummier, due to latching on to "parroting" without looking at context, attempting an easy dig.
SSBF: Disagree
Magna: Agree

Miku is prob town.
dana is town.
lynchme is to.

ah bleh, barely anything's changed.
Kleedrac still needs to die.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Raivann »

Percy wrote: @Raivann: Hi! Thanks for replacing in! I stand by my original opinion on Richard's claim - it is confirmable, it relies on a second player, and is extremely unlikely to be fake. I don't like your vote, nor your Raise vote, or even your read on Kleedrac. Your vote in particular - "let's just kill him, if he's telling the truth someone else dies anyway" is extremely anti-town. Explanations, please - let's start with what exactly you like about the case against Richard.
"Let's just kill him, if he's telling the truth someone else dies anyways" is pretty anti-town, I agree, too bad thats not what I said at all.
I'm still want to know from Richard how I could know who Ser Loras is.
I see nobody argees with my view of Richards claim, and I don't think Renly is that prominent of a character as xvart was saying.
unvote, Vote: Kleedrac
choo choo!. Someone made a good point about yeah he was pissed but that could just as easily come from scum
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:45 am

Post by Axelrod »

I'm slacking on this game so badly, I really apologize.

Look for something constructive later today or tomorrow at latest.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by LimMePls »

This game needs more participation. And by participation I mean Kleedrac votes.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@Unsight: Despite having a vote on me, you've never really made a counter-response to a post early in the game (Will link if necessary). Your most direct reactions were your vote on me and basically saying that me and MacavityLock were scum buddies. Why do you not choose to counter-respond to that post if you think I'm your top suspect?

@Mikujin: Do you have anything to say on Raivann's jump on RichardGHP's bandwagon? He replaced Deer if you haven't noticed.
xvart wrote:Does I doubt It's recent poor argument change your opinion of him from only slightly suspicious to more suspicious or is your opinion of him the same?
My opinion on him is currently the same as before. I've already looked at his response to me at least twice.
Raivann wrote:I see nobody argees with my view of Richards claim, and I don't think Renly is that prominent of a character as xvart was saying.
unvote, Vote: Kleedrac choo choo!. Someone made a good point about yeah he was pissed but that could just as easily come from scum
I find this post scummy. Because people doesn't agree with your view on RichardGHP"s claim, you basically decided to bandwagon, which is bull because it basically said you're refusing to support your top lynch candidate in favor of a lesser scummy, but more popular lynch candidate.

FoS: Raivann
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Raivann »

Smash Bros wrote: I find this post scummy. Because people doesn't agree with your view on RichardGHP"s claim, you basically decided to bandwagon, which is bull because it basically said you're refusing to support your top lynch candidate in favor of a lesser scummy, but more popular lynch candidate.

FoS: Raivann
Yup, that's basically what I'm doing
Let's see if we cant finish this game before 2011.
What do you find scummy about it?
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Percy »

@LynchMePls
: Kleedrac's only contribution to the game worthy of any townpoints was his case construction against CMAR while the Richard wagon was gaining a lot of momentum.
Considering his defensiveness, AtE and OMGUS and my Kleedrac read is leaning scum. The timing of the case itself may be further evidence to support Drippereth's disavowing-a-townie-mislynch-for-townpoints theory.
Still, I'd like to see if Kleedrac does something other than continue his tantrum (perhaps, for example, following through on his CMAR case) and I'd also like to see more attention paid to CMAR in general.
In particular, I still like the point I made - that CMAR was leading the town ineffectively in trivial matters, which hints scum to me.

I'm inclined to vote either CMAR or Kleedrac at the moment, but the lack of response from Hayker means I still like my vote.

@SSBF
: No response to ? In fact, since that post you haven't talked about either Benmage or I doubt it.

I like Unsight's posts; in particular, I liked vis pointing out of the potential connections between ML and SSBF.
@MacavityLock
: Could you elaborate on why you chose Hayker over SSBF?

@Unsight
: What do you make of SSBF's defence of Benmage?

@hasdgfas
: I understand why you don't like townreads (though I disagree), but why call out Mikujin for it, and not Drippereth?

@Mina
: I wanted your impressions of people on the wagon who gave content to digest, rather than just those who jumped on at the end. I think the wagon was largely town-driven, but I find some people to be much more suspicious than others (as I said in my last post).

Some links, also - Percy as scum:
1. Nouns Mafia
2. The Amish Village; I was recruited to the cult N1.
3. Molinero's Mafia; replaced here as well. I consider this game to be my scum A-game, so perhaps start here...?

I can give you townlinks as well. Really should update my wiki one of these days...

Re: Benmage's beat-down of I doubt it. Something about the exchange reads off. I think this is an excellent read from Mina:
Mina 486 wrote:If you think I doubt it's case was so embarrassingly bad that he shouldn't be allowed to play Mafia here, then why did you need a wall devoted almost exclusively to defending yourself from it? And why not let your defence speak for itself?
This kind of all-out-attack is scummy. It's an attempt to shift the conversation from "Is I doubt it's case against Benmage any good?" to "Was I doubt it's case against Benmage scummy?", which are related but ultimately different questions. The fact that it was done with such strong rhetoric sets off my scumdar.
Kmd4390 did this to me when I was but a wee scumhunter, and it was super effective (link for those interested).
tl;dr: Benmage's reaction is a scumtell for me, but not a strong one.
IGMEOY
, waiting for Benmage catchup.

@Raivann
:
Raivann 508 wrote:I don't think Renly is that prominent of a character as xvart was saying.
He's one of the Kings in the War of the Five Kings, which is one of the major plot-driving forces in the books. Have you read the series?
Your vote on Kleedrac is weak. Both of your votes have been weak, in fact. Why exactly do you think Kleedrac is scum? Who is "someone" and what was the "good point"?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Raise Percy
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:47 pm

Post by Unsight »

Drippereth wrote:CATCHING UP!
Raivan wrote: Call me a sucker, but I believe Kleedrac here. He seems to be genuinely pissed.
Scum can be genuinely pissed too. Anyway, I recall thinking you were scum somewhere earlier but I forgot why. I'll figure it out later.
Mcav wrote:SSBF: Scummy, due to apologizing for what is unnecessary to apologize for.
Magna: Scummier, due to latching on to "parroting" without looking at context, attempting an easy dig.
SSBF: Disagree
Magna: Agree

Miku is prob town.
dana is town.
lynchme is to.

ah bleh, barely anything's changed.
Kleedrac still needs to die.
No comment on my blurb about Percy ignoring you in 499?

Percy ignores Drippereth.

Drippereth ignores Percy.

Blatant buddying is scummy as hell and makes my skin crawl.
Games are meant to be fun.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by Unsight »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@Unsight: Despite having a vote on me, you've never really made a counter-response to a post early in the game (Will link if necessary). Your most direct reactions were your vote on me and basically saying that me and MacavityLock were scum buddies. Why do you not choose to counter-respond to that post if you think I'm your top suspect?
Your "response" was to say you don't see what I was saying. Scum aren't going to see why they're scummy. You're obviously not going to admit to being scum and vote yourself so I'm not really interested in a back and forth with you that will end in the exact same place it started.

Are Percy and Drippereth town?
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by Unsight »

Percy wrote:
@Unsight
: What do you make of SSBF's defence of Benmage?
I read it as scum buddying town.

Post 356 where Drippereth gives SSBF a hearty slap on the back for it is much, much more interesting to me.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Hayker has requested replacement :( Let your friends known this game needs replacements!

In slightly better news I may have a replacement lined up for CCARaven4's spot.

Checking who needs a prod now.

Paranoia, MacavityLock and MagnaofIllusion have all announced v/la
War has arrived!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:26 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

julienvonwolfe replaces CCARaven4 effective immediately. He'll be v/la for this week due to exams but welcome him to the game anyway.
War has arrived!

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:40 am

Post by Mina »

Welcome to all the replacements.

I have to leave for work now, so I'll post something more substantial (including the bandwagon analysis for Percy) later this evening.

Unvote

To be honest, my initial vote on Unsight was more to get a reaction from him. I disagree with a lot of what he's saying (for example, I think the SSBF-MacavityLock and Drippereth-Percy links are a little tinfoil hat), but his recent play is coming off as townish. And it turns out I misinterpreted his initial point against danakillsu, anyway.

Vote: Raivann

I'll go into more details later.
---
Benmage: I see you responded to MagnaofIllusion's questions to you. I understand that my post #486 was huge and you might have missed that I also mentioned you, but could I get a little reaction to point #5?
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Mikujin »

xvart wrote:When exactly did you become most suspicious of Vezo? If it became midway through your reading wouldn't you already have other thoughts compiled? It appears to me that you went through the ISO of someone and just commented on that person. If you really did a read through I would expect some other analysis besides pretty tame topics of the Raise candidates.
After several bandwagon jumps and zero follow-through on some cases he claimed to have, Vezo certainly didn't earn any townie points from me. And of course I'd developed some other thoughts by that point, but nothing really jumped off the page with suspicion to me in the way Vezo's lack of, well, anything, did. I certainly used his ISO (I assume this is isolated posting, yes?) when helping to organize my case against him, but I certainly didn't set out with a mindset of "RNG a guy and build a case."
SSBF wrote:@Mikujin: Do you have anything to say on Raivann's jump on RichardGHP's bandwagon? He replaced Deer if you haven't noticed.
He tried to find some justification to do so, in saying that Richard's claim was weak, and that we shouldn't worry if Richard dies because - hey! - someone gets a day vig out of if it he was telling the truth. And then...
Raivann wrote:Call me a sucker, but I believe Kleedrac here. He seems to be genuinely pissed.
Ok, a non-committal toss in to give Kleedrac a little support. But then why...
Raivann wrote:I see nobody argees with my view of Richards claim, and I don't think Renly is that prominent of a character as xvart was saying.
unvote, Vote: Kleedrac
choo choo!. Someone made a good point about yeah he was pissed but that could just as easily come from scum
... Do a complete 180? Bad bad bad. And this time there's not even an attempt to justify the bandwagon jump. More than anything this strikes me as extremely opportunistic - you come off more scummy now than ever before, taking whatever measures necessary to go unnoticed. If I had any inkling of suspicion against your predecessor Deer, you've certainly amplified it tenfold with this little ploy.

unvote
vote Raivann
Douchebags get kind of a bad rap. They provide a useful service.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Percy »

@Unsight
: I'm not ignoring Drippereth. I've said all I've wanted to say about the hydra (and that has not been nothing), and I'm keeping some of my more idle speculation to myself - their self-confessed 'randomness' makes it difficult for me to read them, so I'm biding my time.

Unvote, Vote: Raivann

Looked back at Raivann's ISO after Mikujin's case, and found that I agreed. The turnabout on Kleedrac is particularly jarring.
Still doesn't clear Kleedrac, though.
(Hayker's replacement needs to be pressured for content as soon as one is found.)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Benmage »

Mina wrote: ---
Benmage: I see you responded to MagnaofIllusion's questions to you. I understand that my post #486 was huge and you might have missed that I also mentioned you, but could I get a little reaction to point #5?
Off the top of my head I can't recall when i began suspecting CMaR, readin my own iso or his would probably remind me...buttt i'd say a multitude of things including his sucking up to axel, the contract, discussion with him and his general play thus far.

Was there something else you wanted me to comment on?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Benmage »

Percy wrote: tl;dr: Benmage's reaction is a scumtell for me, but not a strong one.
IGMEOY
, waiting for Benmage catchup.
I more or less answered Mina's statements with my response to Magna, about my post towards I doubt it.

I'm caught up.

I'm not attempting to shift conversation. What do you think of I doubt it's "case" on me...and what do you think of him overrall, town-scum-neutral, which?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”