Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Exilon wrote:
Hypocrisy thy name is Nacho.
I'm pretty sure I can't eat Hypocrisy, but I admit it would be funny.

Jason, Zach: Why should we lynch Butterfly right away?
Deadline isn't even close, many players still need more attention, heck, some players haven't even posted.
Deadline's a non issue. There's no set amount of time that the day should be.
Content from less active players is a valid concern. Still see no reason to drag along the day at this point and risk a distraction that allows the scum butterfly to slip away. (The whole reason for active lurking is to allow exactly that to happen.)
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Exilon »

Jason wrote: see my last post and zachs iso
I don't like this justification. You mean "butterfly's scum, let's just lynch him?" (if not, please elaborate.)

Problem with that is the day would end prematurely, which means it will end when there was productive discussion to be had and many players left to analyze. this point still stands strong even if butterfly is scum. And if he's town, then things only get worse, because then we'd have little discussion + 2 dead townies (supposedly).

So please, you're going to have to give me better than that.
Feels like I've been here before.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@jasonT1981: Your vote is on 0x1de so far. Yet you say "Let's lynch The Butterfly now!". These two things contradict itself.

If you are still more suspicious of 0x1de, why are you pushing for an The Butterfly lynch?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

good point, I actually forgot I had switched my vote to Ox. I still thought my vote was on Butterfly.

unvote
vote:butterfly

I still want to push Ox on day 2. however a scumclaim, regardless of excuses is a ood enough reason to lynch
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Day One Vote Count
(as of post # 203)

Cuetlachtli - [0]

Exilon - [0]

Zachrulez - [1]
Nachomamma8
jasonT1981 - [1]
DavidParker,
0x1de - [0]

DavidParker - [0]

Nachomamma8 - [0]

Super Smash Bros. Fan - [0]

foobert - [0]

The Butterfly - [4]
foobert, Zachrulez, Super Smash Bros. Fan, jasonT1981
Concerned - [0]

Antonio - [2]
Concerned, Exilon
Butterflie's brother - [1]
The Butterfly

Not Voting - [3]
Cuetlachtli, Antonio, 0x1de
With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch....
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:23 pm

@Mod: It's been over forty-eight hours since Cuetlacthli has last posted. Please send a prod out to him.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Could repeat same arguements as everyone else.. But alas I'll save bandwidth.

Vote: The Butterfly
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Concerned
Concerned
Goon
Concerned
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by Concerned »

Change of opinion: If I fail to find a better lynch I'm perfectly happy to vote butterfly simply because he's the type of player who will need to die eventually anyway, and we might as well get it over with on day 1.

I was hoping he'd improve and offer some content, but if he's just going to ride the noob train until the end of the game then why bother keeping him around.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:01 am

Post by Exilon »

Concerned wrote: If I fail to find a better lynch I'm perfectly happy to vote butterfly simply because he's the type of player who will need to die eventually anyway, and we might as well get it over with on day 1.
This sums up my thoughts.

I oppose of a butterfly lynch so early in the day. Even if he's scum, we'd be trading discussion and a townie (NK) for a newbie scum. Now imagine that he's an actual townie.

Jason: I asked further elaboration from you, yet you haven't given me anything. Is what you stated to my question about Butterfly the only reason why you support Butterfly's lynch?
Concerned
Concerned
Goon
Concerned
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:58 am

Post by Concerned »

Also before we lynch butterfly, I'd like every player who hasn't done so to post their opinions on a butterfly lynch.

I would like this done before he reaches L-1 preferably because people on L-1 inevitably get lynched before I want them to, something about players on L-1 makes people want to hammer, scum and town a like :P.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:10 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Exilon wrote:
Jason: I asked further elaboration from you, yet you haven't given me anything. Is what you stated to my question about Butterfly the only reason why you support Butterfly's lynch?
I thought I made my reasons for wanting a butterfly pretty clear in one of my posts....

you say the only reason though, as if I only have one reason for supporting his lynch... hell I was the one who started the entire thing on Butterfly with the roleclaiming and his get out clause in his vote at the start. But since you asked I will once again show my reasons for wanting his lynch
jasonT1981 wrote:Yea, I agree. Lynch now please.

Scum claim...
no content provided
joke about scum claim with excuse
proven lying.
is that vote from him considered a self vote?
Yea, scum!!
Add to that the get out clause in his post
The Butterfly wrote:
vote: Exilon

but i could be completly wrong on this... he could just be a townie trying to give out some deacent advice....
Thats 6 reasons I support his lynch 7 if you count the role fishing I think he was doing also.

So, no it was not the only reason.. I have 7 reasons.

I hope that answers your question
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:13 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Concerned wrote:Also before we lynch butterfly, I'd like every player who hasn't done so to post their opinions on a butterfly lynch.

I would like this done before he reaches L-1 preferably because people on L-1 inevitably get lynched before I want them to, something about players on L-1 makes people want to hammer, scum and town a like :P.
I would like a claim from him before he is lynched.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:18 am

Post by Exilon »

Jason:
Sorry I didn't make it too clear. I can understand why you see him as being scum, obviosuly - I share your views on that.
What I wanted was the reason to lynch him right away, which you and Zack seem to advocate. Have this in mind:
Jason wrote: Problem with that is the day would end prematurely, which means it will end when there was productive discussion to be had and many players left to analyze. this point still stands strong even if butterfly is scum. And if he's town, then things only get worse, because then we'd have little discussion + 2 dead townies (supposedly).
My question was:
Asides from the reason that Butterfly is scummy, what other reasons do you have for supporting his lynch right away?

Offtopic:
Lobstermania has a nice sense of humour. I'm actually tempted to build a Butterfly's brother wagon just to see what happens if we lynch him.
Does that mean we can vote anyone? :P
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:28 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Ah, alright sorry. but basically along the lines of what Zach has already echoed.. if we do not do it and we ride out to the deadline scum butterfly could slink out of sight in the hopes another wagon forms and town thus forgetting his scumminess when a new waon is formed.

Deadline is not the issue, The reason I am asking for his lynch is he has done 7 thins in my book worthy of being lynched for.

Just because there is a deadline date does not mean we cant lynch until then, in fact I don't think I have ever seen a game go to the deadline date... if I have its rare.

Hell, a game I was in recently I was lynched within a day of game starting up again. Unfortinutly this is still on going and can not link to it.
Concerned
Concerned
Goon
Concerned
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:56 am

Post by Concerned »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Concerned wrote:Also before we lynch butterfly, I'd like every player who hasn't done so to post their opinions on a butterfly lynch.

I would like a claim from him before he is lynched.
Kinda goes without saying IMO :P.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 am

In response to Concerned question, I would love a The Butterfly lynch. But while I wouldn't mind him dying now, Exilon brings up an excellent point about how a quick lynch can be detrimental to town. I mean, this is like a form of policy lynch.

@jasont1981 and Concerned: Didn't The Butterfly just claim scum? Or do you think he actually didn't claim?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:12 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
@jasont1981 and Concerned: Didn't The Butterfly just claim scum? Or do you think he actually didn't claim?
Oh, theres no doubt hew claimed scum.. he claearly said he was, then gave a shitty explination right away. what makes you thin, that I think he didnt actually claim?
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:17 am

Post by 0x1de »

foobert wrote:
0x1de wrote:Nacho, why do you think that Butterfly looks scummy?
Don't mean to answer on anyone's behalf, but I have to ask, have you been reading the game thoroughly? We need to stick to productive discussion and not rehash what has been going on over and over and over.
Yes I have and I'm shocked at the conviction some people have that Butterfly must be lynched. I really want to see Nacho's analysis.
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:22 am

Post by 0x1de »

Can someone explain the logic behind scumclaim = scummy. After all Nacho did it too.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Exilon »

Ox1de wrote: Can someone explain the logic behind scumclaim = scummy. After all Nacho did it too.
Problem with that claim is that I was able to prove it was a lie using only the info presented in that post, following a line of questioning, which, I might remind you, was dropped by him later on.

Buttefly's claim, on the other hand, cannot be proven to be a lie by resorting to that singles post.

Either way, I'm seeing people give too much credit into Butterfly's claim and I'm not seeing anyone considering why would butterfly claim scum as scum or as town unless the string of events that led to it can explain it. I'm finding it too null to be able to dub it.

Summing it up: It worries me that some players are ignoring Butterfly's justification for the claim or dubbing it as "invalid" when it is a perfectly good explanation given the context.
The Butterfly
The Butterfly
Townie
The Butterfly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:02 am

Post by The Butterfly »

y would i claim scum if i didnt want to be killed, and u know i dont want to be killed becouse i blamed it on my brother right away, so y would i bother saying i was scum since that would obviously mess me up if i was only then going to try and get out of it by blameing it on my brother?
no one suspects The Butterfly
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:20 am

Post by 0x1de »

0x1de wrote:Can
someone
Jason and/or Smash
explain the logic behind scumclaim = scummy. After all Nacho did it too.
The Butterfly
The Butterfly
Townie
The Butterfly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:28 am

Post by The Butterfly »

i was trying to keep these to myself but Jason really seems to whant to see them
so here are my two main suspects and why....

1. Antonio- he has not been posting and when he douse he only puts a small amount of information... and most of the time its not game-realated
2. jasonT1981- you have been pokeing at me from day 1. would you be trying to divert atention from yourself.
no one suspects The Butterfly
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:35 am

Just want to bring up meta for a moment: The Butterfly's play is frighteningly similar to razorback's play in Newbie 904 and Newbie 916. His grammar was horrible (Not a scum tell, but for comparision sake), he made unecessary internal conflicts, and his game was scummy. He was scum in both of these games. Give them a look and compare them to The Butterfly's play.

@0x1de: Nachomamma8's claim was clearly not serious. He did this to spark up discussion and as a result, we got plentiful activity. His play has been relatively pro-town since then.

The Butterfly's claim matches up very easily with his poor play, which was already lynch-worthy. Plus he's trying to blame this claim on his brother, which has already been subjected to jokes, especially from lobstermania, the mod. Therefore, he is the most likely scum of the group and I suggest lynching him if his play doesn't improve by the time the end of Day 1 is approaching.
Concerned
Concerned
Goon
Concerned
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:36 am

Post by Concerned »

The Butterfly wrote:i was trying to keep these to myself but Jason really seems to whant to see them
so here are my two main suspects and why....

1. Antonio- he has not been posting and when he douse he only puts a small amount of information... and most of the time its not game-realated
2. jasonT1981- you have been pokeing at me from day 1. would you be trying to divert atention from yourself.
Lurkerhunt + OMGUS? Is that all you've got for us?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”