Newbie 962 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:44 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Robo wrote:Nonononononononono. Never make a list. Never.
Making a list gives the scum complete acces to who is the scummiest that isn't them. They will keep the people alive who are the most scummy so everyone lynches them. No, I will not give you a list, and never ask for one again.
Ok, then give me the people you suspect to be scum.
Robo wrote:You were worried that your answer would make you look like you didn't put thought into your posts. You were more worried how you were going to be viewed and what people would think than answer the question.
No, I'm tried of you painting me as a noob who doesn't know anything about mafia.
Robo wrote:So now that I told you what he meant, and one of your reasons are put down, you decide to fight me instead? Your stooping dude.
That's not the point. The point is you chainsaw defending him, especially after telling me not to answer for anyone else.

Those weren't the same questions. The first one was "will you agree to start putting thought into your posts" which was loaded. The second one was "have you examined GT from the perspective of being town." To you, the questions may have seemed the same, but they weren't
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
*Ocarina of Time Mafia... Yeah....
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

AKR wrote: No, I'm tried of you painting me as a noob who doesn't know anything about mafia.
Another row, eh?
I didn't paint you as a noob there. I have said you were a noob, but not there.
AKR wrote: That's not the point. The point is you chainsaw defending him, especially after telling me not to answer for anyone else.
Defense is different from answering for someone else.
Heres how it is:
GT said I was NK'ed.
You told him to explain it in the post with a list of reasons
(Heres the part you missed) GT answers here,
GT wrote:And Robo was NKd...and I was lynched. And RE:Meta - it points to me being more active when I'm active. At that time, I'd signed up for one game - when I entered this one, I'd signed up for six.
I then restated it because it was a tad bit foggy.
You call me out on answering for him.
You see, I wasn't answering for him because I was directly involved. He had said I was NK'ed on my birthday, and it was true lol. So stop with this, Robo is a hypocrtie thing. Cuz it wasn't hypocrtitcal.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

AKnottedRope wrote:And since GT claimed VT, I think it's
I hate this post. We are at page 10, your rushing. Again. We are getting GREAT information out of this discussion, but you intend to cut it off because your impatient. I'm not insulting you, its the truth. You are an impatient person, most likely from excitement. PLease be patient for a little bit longer. GT claims to know who the scum would possibly be, we need to let him speak. We need to get all the possible info out of day one. To suck it dry. What happens day one will affect the rest of this game the most probably.

Also, you started another fight. This one was YOUR fault. I can tell your most likely a strongwilled person in real life. And with strongwill comes stubborness which you seem to have. Once again, not insulting, Just sayin'

GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:58 am

Post by GroupThink »

vrtra wrote:AKR seems like the best vote right now, because of his interactions/reactions with Robo and posting style.
@AKR - Do you think it's plausible for you and Robo to look like scum right now?

vrtra wrote:AKR is looking pretty bad to me right now. Mainly, he places a FoS on Robo for not voting beyond the RVS stage on page 4. A mafia would try to incite a lot of voting around so it would be easier for him to slip through the cracks and provide vague defense for votes hastily put on him. It is a good way to gauge how the town is. While this isn't a lot of necessarily verifiable and textbook material, it's my own experience from what I've seen / read.
Then, he overreacts to a point made by Robo asking him (AKR) and Cove to tone it down a little bit by saying "toning it down= not scumhunting" which isn't what he was saying at all.
@AKR - Do you know if anyone else on my wagon agrees with these sentiments?
AKnottedRope wrote:None of the above. If you happen to flip town, my suspicions would lie with a Vrtra-kindred scumteam.
Why Vrtra? Did you notice what I said about him not being scum this time around?
GroupThink wrote:Incessant lurking isn't a reason for a lynch; it's a reason for a replacement.
@AKR - Do you think we should lynch the rest of the playerlist simply because they're not posting right now?
You never pass a test of faith.
Remy
Remy
Townie
Remy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Remy »

GroupThink wrote:I wouldn't call my lack of response disregard anymoreso than you'd accuse someone of withholding information after a mentally ill youth has impetuously run up and quacked at them, leaving them speechless.
While I appreciate your comparison of those of us questioning you and/or voting for you to mentally ill children, there is one big difference here. If five "mentally ill youth" quack at you, you probably aren't going to be lynched. But if five people in this game decide they think you are scum, then you will be. So I would hope that your urge to respond would be a little higher in this case.

Your recent responses have shown that you are at least somewhat concerned about your position. But I am still waiting to hear about who you think is scum (since now you have apparently decided vrtra is not scum) and a good reason why.

My scum read on you is not as strong as it was before. I am starting to consider the possibility that you are town but you don't really care very much about this game since you are involved in so many other games (as you keep bringing up). Maybe you don't care if you are lynched, regardless of your alignment, since you are having trouble splitting your attention between 6 games anyway?
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:24 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

GT wrote:@AKR - Do you think it's plausible for you and Robo to look like scum right now?
Yeah, it's plausible for anyone to look like scum.
GT wrote:Do you know if anyone else on my wagon agrees with these sentiments?
If they do, they haven't said anything about it
GT wrote:Why Vrtra? Did you notice what I said about him not being scum this time around?
I've already listed my reasons for why Vrtra is scummy. Also, just because you said "sorry you couldn't be scum this time around" doesn't mean that he isn't.
GT wrote:@AKR - Do you think we should lynch the rest of the playerlist simply because they're not posting right now?
It's one strike against a few players (Kindred, Klee, and to a certain point Vrtra) but it's not enough on it's own to deserve a lynch.

Gt, do you have a point to these questions?
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

To tell you the truth, I just think that AKR's slight suspicions on Vrtra is just OMGUSy and really is nothing but OMGUS. But he hasn't OMGUS voted Vrtra so I can't say he really officialiy OMGUSed.

Also. AKR's post 230 is pretty bad. I won't get into a fight about it but it is.
I won't quote it and stuff like that but I really think he should redo it. Like actually answer GT's question about me and actually do something about the fact no responded to those sentiments and show where your reasons are.

Yes, GT has a point to these questions, I know it seems to people that I'm answering for GT but I understand why he's asking these questions. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure. I think he will reveal when he is finished. For now, please answer the questions.

Tidher
Tidher
Townie
Tidher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Tidher »

To make things interesting:
Vote: GroupThink
. Personally, I'm still getting a scum read on him. If he flips town, my next suspect is Robo. You're so certain that he's townie...there's really only one way you can
know
it for sure. If he flips scum...well, I'm still gunning for Robo for, as AKR put it, his "chainsaw defence". Either way, I think we need something to stir this up a bit.

To anyone going "he did WHAT!?" to that action, feel free to express your outrage here before nightfall. More evidence for the town to use either way.

Also, apologies for the lack of the other half of the detailed post. Exams and revision got in the way. I'll write it up over N1.

PS: How's that for a mix up, eh?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

I understand suspicion on me if he flips town.

If he does flip town I think suspicion is totally justifiable. I think he was town because of the way he acted. I've played in mulitiple games with GT and his reads and his cases in this game were identical to his town meta. But Tidher placing the hammer wasn't so good. I knew it would eventually happen, but Group was going to say who he thought was scum and now he can't.

PS: I don't think that was the best course of action, but someone has to die eventually.

Tidher
Tidher
Townie
Tidher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Tidher »

For the record: he can if he says so now. It's Twilight, so people can post.

Essentially, if GroupThink
is
town, he might as well try to help the rest of us win by letting us know his suspicions. I'm aware that it requires him to log in and post before the mod turns twilight to night, but meh...
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Ummm, I hate to burst your bubble but you shouldn't post after death in twilight. Other people can talk but not the lynchee. Or at least the lynchee should talk. Sometimes its not in the rules. Like this one. But I still discourage it.

Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Cove »

I really don`t know where you get this stuff Robo, I really don't.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

So, we decided not to stay where we went. Suffice it to say the service was horrible
Robocopter87 wrote:Ummm, I hate to burst your bubble but you shouldn't post after death in twilight. Other people can talk but not the lynchee. Or at least the lynchee should talk. Sometimes its not in the rules. Like this one. But I still discourage it.
No. Just no. GT should tell us his alignment so we can discuss it. For someone who was criticizing me for stifling town discussion, you sure seem to be doing your share of it.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Also
Robo wrote:To tell you the truth, I just think that AKR's slight suspicions on Vrtra is just OMGUSy and really is nothing but OMGUS. But he hasn't OMGUS voted Vrtra so I can't say he really officialiy OMGUSed.
No. If you go back, I've had suspicion of Vrtra long before his case on me.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by GroupThink »

Scum are Vrtra and AKnottedRope. Coming back with why.
You never pass a test of faith.
kindred_spirit
kindred_spirit
Townie
kindred_spirit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by kindred_spirit »

wow i'm back from my V/LA sorry i didn't post earlier but i got home and crashed
i'm gonna go read what i missed and give my reponse in a little while
Tidher
Tidher
Townie
Tidher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:46 am

Post by Tidher »

Robocopter87 wrote:Ummm, I hate to burst your bubble but you shouldn't post after death in twilight. Other people can talk but not the lynchee. Or at least the lynchee should talk. Sometimes its not in the rules. Like this one. But I still discourage it.
Quoting the rules for
this
game (found on the first page)
6. The time between the final vote that causes a lynch and my updating of the thread is known as "twilight."
Anybody may still talk in-thread during twilight
, but no vote-changing will be honored.
7. Once you are dead, do not post at all in the thread. Not even a "bah" post. Likewise, do not communicate with anybody still in the game once you're dead.
Crazy hasn't updated the thread. It is therefore twilight. GroupThink isn't dead yet. Ergo, he can post. Discourage it all you want, but the rules for this game are fairly clear.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

AKnottedRope
(1) - vrtra
kindred_spirit
(0)
GroupThink
(5) - Cove, AKnottedRope, Remy, Kleedrac, Tidher
Kleedrac
(0)
Remy
(0)
Tidher
(0)
vrtra
(1) - GroupThink
Cove
(0)
Robocopter87
(0)

Not voting
(2) - kindred_spirit, Robocopter87

With 9 alive, 5 votes will achieve a lynch.

GroupThink has been lynched. However, he was telling the truth, he was a
Vanilla Townie.

It is now Night 1. Night will not end until I find a replacement for vrtra.

Mafia may talk at their quicktopic at this time. Nobody else may talk at all. If there is a Cop and/or a Doctor in this game, then they must PM their night actions to me at this time.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Crazy »

AGar has replaced vrtra. It is still Night.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Crazy »

AKnottedRope
has been killed. He was a
Cop.

It is now Day 2, and the mafia are both still out there.

Vote Count:

kindred_spirit
(0)
Kleedrac
(0)
Remy
(0)
Tidher
(0)
AGar
(0)
Cove
(0)
Robocopter87
(0)

Not voting
(7) - kindred_spirit, Kleedrac, Remy, Tidher, AGar, Cove, Robocopter87

With 7 alive, 4 votes will achieve a lynch.

Deadline for Day 2 is
July 8th.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:28 am

Post by AGar »

Oi oi.

AGar here, replacing Vrtra.

Read through the thread yesterday, made some notes. Unfortunately, my heaviest suspicions were on AKR, who was apparently not scum. Still, got some notes. Some are just notes, others may be more of an accusation.

- RC was fence-sitting early on/concerned with rushing to an initial vote, showing caution in laying any definitive accusations.
- RC was also buddying up to some players in the early game.
- Cove was very aggressive, moreso than the usual aggressive players I've seen, early on.
- This post shows Cove blatantly bending and making up a scumtell. Unvoting and not replacing a vote isn't (and hasn't ever been in my 14+ games) a scumtell, just a sign that someone may have been tunneling at worst (which tends to lean a towntell to me), or they might have just had a case shattered and want to go back and re-read without being committed to anything definitively.
- Cove pushing his approach to mafia as the end-all, be-all strategy that everyone should abide by is wholly unimpressive and a bit unnecessary. Everyone has different methods. Two of the best players on this site will play very different gamestyles in the same role, in the same situation.
- Cove/AKR misrepresented powers of votes quite awfully. Yes, a vote is the most powerful tool that we have. No, you shouldn't wait for scum to hop up in your lap until you vote. But you shouldn't also just be throwing your vote around like "LOLVOTE him!... wait, LOLVOTE her! LOLVOTE everyone!" You'll get suspicions that are worth voting and suspicions that aren't. Just throwing the vote around when you have the slightest inkling on someone, even if that's your only inkling on anyone, ruins the effectiveness of a vote by taking away the element that breaks people - threat. If you throw it around at something like that, a player at, say L-2 and then you vote him to L-1 isn't likely to sweat it because all he has to do is convince you someone else might be a slight bit scummy too, and your vote's gonna hop.
- RC trying to get AKR/Cove to stop posting is anti-town.
- Anti-town != Pro-scum. BIG BIG difference.
- As far as I've seen, RC was using broken meta all yesterday, and so were other people. You can't use meta when you've only seen ONE alignment of a player's play! It DOESN'T work. This had to be THE single most frustrating thing during my re-read. I wanted to do this: /facedesk /facedesk /facedesk /headwall /headwall /headwall
- RC seemed to almost "know" that GT was town, citing meta, which as I just explained, could NOT have confirmed jack shit. Thus, I am suspicious of that acclamation that "I know GT is town."
- Cove, you had meta on GT? Again, broken it seemed.
- @Tidher, regarding AKR (which is a bit pointless, but something worth putting out there anyways) - AKR didn't really defend himself well yesterday, and his whole "case" on GT was Lynch All Lurkers. Kind of a moot point, but just pointing out a flaw I found with your read on him.
- LIST ARE BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!!! Right up there with the damn meta - lists are THE most useful tool for mafia - they know who they can and can't flex the town into lynching, thus allowing them to make better NK choices.

Debating whether I'm more suspicious of Cove or RC. Both had some big issues yesterday, but I can't decide who I'd like to see strung up first.

HoS: Cove, RC
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Hey Agar! I started to read one of your games a while ago but never got around to it. When I saw you had joined this one I knew it would be good. Your a smart and experienced player. I see you already have a nice suspicions running already.

I think that instead of having a hand of suspicion, why don't you just say that we are the scumteam temporarily? Like vote one and HoS the slightly less scummy person. Because really, FoSs and HoSs are useless in newbies. They aren't going to get us anywhere.

I was fencesitting, I was very concerned that I would accidentally forget about other people and then have the scum behind my back.
Umm, I'm guessing you meant I was buddying to Remy? I guess so, though it was RVS where everyone has a little fun before serious stuff happens. You know?

The making people not posting thing was really a point of view thing. If you look for town in it you'll find that I was trying to let other people open up and not get instantly held back by the constant posting and questions that were flooding out of AKR. If you look for scum you'll see that I was trying to make him stop posting which is antitown. But I really think it was a pov thing.

The meta thing I understand, but I have seen GTs scum side and I think its a completly different play than his town side. His town side was showing with big flashing lights. I wasn't just running on meta. I had other reasons. GT was ignoring AKR's stupid RVS question. He was getting annoyed, frustrated, but wasn't really posting it because he only likes to post quote walls with a rebuttal. He was acting like a townie. And I really figured this:
1. His Town meta is showing
2. Hes plain acting like a townie
3. There is nine people here and if I think he looks town he most likely WILL flip town. Odds were on my side.

Also, I'm pretty sure I already discussed the list thing.

Right now, I have an Eye on Vrtra and slightly less Kindred. I don't think I will vote either, as not having a nice case up but, Just sayin'

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:53 am

Post by AGar »

Robocopter87 wrote:Hey Agar! I started to read one of your games a while ago but never got around to it. When I saw you had joined this one I knew it would be good. Your a smart and experienced player. I see you already have a nice suspicions running already.
Well thanks. You remember which game it was?
Robocopter87 wrote: I think that instead of having a hand of suspicion, why don't you just say that we are the scumteam temporarily? Like vote one and HoS the slightly less scummy person. Because really, FoSs and HoSs are useless in newbies. They aren't going to get us anywhere.
Because I don't necessarily believe you two are operating as a team so much as I've got suspicions on you two, and I'm undecided on my vote at the moment. I can't make that determination yet.
Robocopter87 wrote: I was fencesitting, I was very concerned that I would accidentally forget about other people and then have the scum behind my back.
Umm, I'm guessing you meant I was buddying to Remy? I guess so, though it was RVS where everyone has a little fun before serious stuff happens. You know?
Fair enough.
Robocopter87 wrote: The making people not posting thing was really a point of view thing. If you look for town in it you'll find that I was trying to let other people open up and not get instantly held back by the constant posting and questions that were flooding out of AKR. If you look for scum you'll see that I was trying to make him stop posting which is antitown. But I really think it was a pov thing.
I understand that you wanted other townies to post, and encourage that line of thought, but I don't think asking people to stop posting is necessarily town from any viewpoint.
Robocopter87 wrote: The meta thing I understand, but I have seen GTs scum side and I think its a completly different play than his town side. His town side was showing with big flashing lights. I wasn't just running on meta. I had other reasons. GT was ignoring AKR's stupid RVS question. He was getting annoyed, frustrated, but wasn't really posting it because he only likes to post quote walls with a rebuttal. He was acting like a townie. And I really figured this:
1. His Town meta is showing
2. Hes plain acting like a townie
3. There is nine people here and if I think he looks town he most likely WILL flip town. Odds were on my side.
I didn't know you had seen his scum meta, this changes things.
Robocopter87 wrote: Also, I'm pretty sure I already discussed the list thing.
Yes, I just felt the need to reinforce it.
Robocopter87 wrote: Right now, I have an Eye on Vrtra and slightly less Kindred. I don't think I will vote either, as not having a nice case up but, Just sayin'
I am Vrtra's replacement, so you've got your eye on me then.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

O frick, your Vrtra's replacement.
Well, then my opinion on him as changed slightly but the way he lurked and was before still gains my suspicion. Doesn't replacing just suck like that?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by AGar »

Robocopter87 wrote:O frick, your Vrtra's replacement.
Well, then my opinion on him as changed slightly but the way he lurked and was before still gains my suspicion. Doesn't replacing just suck like that?
Eh, with the amount of games I've replaced into, I've gotten used to it.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”