Mini 219: Tom Cruise Mafia -- It's a Wrap!

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:25 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

On the other hand, if Astro does claim what I think he's about to claim, then we actually might have a way to win this game today safely. Let's see.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:33 am

Post by MeMe »

Count
:

No-Lynch
(1):
Phoebus

not voting
(3):
Astronaut, Fuldu, Yosarian2

Three: it's a magic number.
Last edited by MeMe on Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:32 am

Post by Fuldu »

Yosarian2 wrote:But anyway, I don't assume anything at this point. It's quite possible that both you and Astro are scum in different groups, and it's also quite possible that only one of you is scum. I still say that if Astro has one lynch immunity, then lynching him today is better then a no-lynch, because it gives us more information and makes it possible to lynch him tommorow if we need to (if there is a tommorow, of course) and has no real disadvantage over a no-lynch.

Plus, there's the added bonus that if Astro is lying about being immune to a lynch, I expect him to admit it once it becomes clear that we're about to lynch him unless he admits to the lie.
Fine, let's go over this again. There are four players alive. Assuming only one is scum (we started with 2 mafia and 1 SK), then a no lynch is unlikely (though not certain) to be safe. If, as is more likely to be the case, we have 1 mafia and 1 SK left, then lynching either of them results in a win for the other. 2 vs 1 going into night wakes to 1 vs 1, which is generally a town loss. So that's the disadvantage over no lynch right there. If Astronaut is telling the truth, then there's no real disadvantage to lynching him today. But if he's lying, then we've killed a scum and screwed the town. The only reason we would want to lynch Astronaut today is if we think he's the only scum left and actually has the one lynch immunity he's claimed.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:40 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Fuldu wrote: But if he's lying, then we've killed a scum and screwed the town..
Yeah, that is the only risk. But I expect that if he is lying, and he's about to be lynched, he'll admit he's lying, and we can avoid that and get more information.

Also, if there are two scum left, they're likely to target each other,
if they know who the other scum is
. So if astro is lying scum I'd like to prove it before the end of the day so that if Phoebus is the other scum, he'll know who to kill. If that makes any sense.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:06 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Well, the way Yos puts it, trying to lynch Astro given his claim is valid would equate a no lynch. The only thing is - even if we try to pressure him, Fuldu has to vote last.

His stalling just makes me think it's a futile effort.
What do you *think* he's going to suggest Yos? Too many insinuations! :(

Oh and you can't question my committment to this game and the man...I'm having his baby!
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:17 am

Post by MeMe »

Are you all going to be able to take care of the day without me kicking you in the pants with a deadline?
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:54 am

Post by Phoebus »

I'm having a baby! You wouldn't do that to me, would you? :(
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Let me repeat this one more time...I really need to hear what Astro is going to claim his plan is. If his plan is what I think it is, there might be a way for the town to win, but he has to explain it first.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:37 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Hmmm...who ran away with my last post? :? I'm terribly sorry that you haven't heard from me for some time, on Thursday I made a rather lengthy argument explaining my previous comments, and I explained that I'd be gone until today (just like I did in all the rest of my games). For whatever reason, my post isn't where I thought I left it (which is here in this thread), god knows what happened to it. (There is of course the possibility that I messed up somehow and it was never posted, though I can't understand why I'd do such a silly thing after putting time and effort into writing the thing.) I'll try to recite as much as I can remember from what I meant to say:

Fuldu with his undisputed mason claim is about as confirmed as he can get now that we know for sure that inHim was mason. I still think we started out with 3 mafia and 1 SK (given the amount of pro-town power roles). That means we've got 1 member of each scum group left (none of whom are me, thanks for asking).

First of all: I wasn't lying about the lynch immunity. I am able to survive one lynching. If we meant to do a no lynch, we could as well be lynching me, the only thing this would do is to confirm me. This would, however, be of little interest to others than the two scum. Tomorrow morning we'll wake up to a massacre and more likely than not, it will be game over. What good would it then do you, Fuldu, to have me confirmed as town? Lynching me equals a no lynch, which leaves the scum to play a little 4-way prisoner's dilemma. If that's what we want, we might as well lynch Fuldu, since from my calculations, town has got a just as good, if not better chance of winning a 3-way than a 4-way PD.

What's interesting for me at the moment is who's the last mafia and who's the SK. Why is that important, you ask? Read on. This is your initial response to me suggesting to lynch the SK:
Fuldu wrote:Well, I don't believe you, but letting me in on your plan may or may not change that. Right now I'm inclined to believe that Phoebus is the SK and you're the remaining goon, but a no lynch would provide me with better information.
First of all: As mentioned, you'd never get the chance to use the information you get from a no lynch/attempting to lynch me. Second, I need to show you that I'm not scum, since I need you to trust me if this is to work. Phoebus as SK is consistent with what I've been thinking for a long time. If he should turn out to be the last mafia, Seol and him did a marvelous effort yesterday. If we leave him out, the question is who's the final mafia, Yosarian2 or me. I suggest that you, Fuldu, read through the thread once again, taking notice of what the two of us have said about the two dead mafia, godfather Seol in particular. I think there's something in the speculations about WindSlicer backing out when he saw that he could be losing the game for his team are, but what really stands out is the relation between Seol and Yos yesterday. Seol was getting a lot of heat, and Yos protected him through it all. First discreetely, then more and more openly. The two of them even managed to put an FOS on eachother to show us that they couldn't be partners. Talitha was smart enough to actually put a vote on Seol, but SK Phoebus saw through her. If we for a second consider that I could be the last mafia, that would mean that 2 out of 4 votes on godfather Seol yesterday came from his minions. That would make us the stupidest mafia ever.

Fuldu, if you just go back to day 2, you'll find plenty of evidence indicating that Yos and Seol were more than just good friends. I hope you'll take the time to read that part once again.

Now for my plan: I am a 50% roleblocker. The thing is, I was told my block is only effective against Tom Cruise. That didn't make much sense until Phoebus claimed, but now I know that my block is no good against the SK. I made no block attempt N1, N2 I targetted Seol but either my block didn't go through or he wasn't the one doing the actual killing. Instead of doing a no lynch now, we should lynch Phoebus and I'll block Yos.

With this plan, we've got a 50% chance of winning, as do you, Yos. Significantly better than what either of us can hope for if we go into night with the SK still alive. And before you start saying that this is an awfully convenient thing to claim for a mafia, check out what's been said and done by WS/Yos, and who they've voted for. It's bleeding obvious that Yos is Seol's last remaining partner.

vote: Phoebus
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:05 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I think you've missed the point of the no lynch, Astronaut. If we wake up to a massacre tomorrow morning, it is in the best interest of both scum to target each other, meaning that unless one of them makes an error in judgement, we'll end up with two dead scum and two living townies. If you're telling the truth, achieving no lynch by lynching you confirms for everyone that you have the lynch immunity you've claimed. In that event, Yosarian and Phoebus have to target one another, since doing so is their only hope of winning.

But you're a 50% roleblocker against everyone but the SK with a lynch immunity? That is quite possibly the stupidest role I've ever heard of, and I'm running a game called Worst Role Ever Mafia. As far as I'm concerned, you're so obviously scum now that I don't even want to risk bothering with the lynch immunity question.

vote: no lynch
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:28 am

Post by Astronaut »

Fuldu wrote:I think you've missed the point of the no lynch, Astronaut.
I think you've missed every single thing I've been trying to tell you.
Fuldu wrote:In that event, Yosarian and Phoebus have to target one another, since doing so is their only hope of winning.
Please tell me why you're so sure the mafia and the SK will target eachother? If they target us both, they'll tie, if one of them targets one of us, the other will win.
Fuldu wrote: That is quite possibly the stupidest role I've ever heard of
So it's more likely that mafia #2 and #3 put the 2nd and 3rd vote on their own godfather yesterday? That's quite possibly the stupidest theory I've ever heard of.

I asked you to re-read the Seol/Yosarian2 interaction, but you obviously can't be bothered. It's plain for everyone to see that WS/Yos is the last mafia, but you're so focused on your assurance that scum will target eachother that you spectacularly fail to understand this.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Heh...Lestat the Tom Cruise 50% roleblocker? :lol:

Anyway, that's two votes for no lynch, with Fuldu, and I don't see either of them changing their minds, so I guess it's going to be a no-lynch. (shrug) No sense drawing it out.

vote:no lynch
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:58 am

Post by MeMe »

That's three for no-lynch.

Night choices due by
10 p.m. EST Tuesday, October 11
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:16 pm

Post by MeMe »

Fuldu
aka
Jerry Maguire
Mason
, overdosed last night. No biggie -- since his buddy Mitch died, there wasn't anyone on the other end of the phone anyhow.

Just three of you still bouncing around. Two votes to lynch!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmmm. It looks like the only scum left is probably the SK, because there was only one kill, and it was the "medicated" kill, which sounds like a SK, not the "professional handgun" kill, which sounds like scum. The only question left is, which one of you is the SK?
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:13 pm

Post by Phoebus »

vote: no lynch

Or rather, you took a shot at me. I wasn't lying when I said I was a hider.
You are implicated as scum due to your reactions and Seol's.
Seol also seemed to know a thing or two about the scum complement when he said two people didn't seem enough.
Astro has been too hare-brained in his claiming to be townie. Plus he has that free lynch.

You people can fight this out tonight. I won't be hiding. Kill me and the other kills you, you give him the victory. Have fun.

Or maybe you want to claim your power, Maverick?
You've gone longest without even hinting at what you do. You kill people, don't you? :)
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:31 pm

Post by Astronaut »

I hate SK's, and Phoebus has claimed untargettable at night. I'd rather hand this game to the mafia.
Vote: Phoebus
. There you go, Yos2.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

(shrug) So, my options are either lynch Phoebus or no-lynch, huh? Interesting. Well, I'm sure a no-lynch will end badly, so I'll take a chance.

vote:Phoebus
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:49 am

Post by MeMe »

End of Day Count

Phoebus
(2) -
Astronaut, Yosarian2

No-lynch
(1) -
Phoebus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I WAS hoping it wouldn't come to this, but after Tom Cruise's interview with Matt Lauer on the NBC show "Today" last week, I feel compelled to speak not just for myself but also for the hundreds of thousands of women who have suffered from postpartum depression. While Mr. Cruise says that Mr. Lauer and I do not "understand the history of psychiatry," I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Mr. Cruise has never suffered from postpartum depression.
He does, however, suffer from quite an obvious case of ADHD, for which I was more than happy to administer pharmaceuticals -- with or without his consent.
"
--
Open Letter to Tom Cruise (most of it), by his former co-star, now arch-nemesis

Phoebus
aka
Brooke Shields
SK
, has gone to a place where depression cannot follow.

The Arab proverb says "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." For our purposes we could get all poetic and declare:

"The enemy of Brooke is Tom...
I
am Tom.
You
are Tom.
WE
are Tom."

Astronaut
aka
LeStat de Lioncourt
Strong Townie
and
Yosarian2
aka
David Shawn
Goon
share the victory!

Roles and choices in a minute.
Last edited by MeMe on Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:53 am

Post by MeMe »

Roles
:

Jack (Legend), Mafia Godfather
Seol

You are head of the scum. Although Jack was a leading role, it’s so dang embarrassing that you want to get rid of anyone who remembers it…and that means all the glitzy Toms must go. You know enough to keep your hands clean – as long as you are not personally performing a kill, you will appear innocent when investigated. Your goons are
Talitha
(Steve Randle, Outsiders) and
WindSlicer
(David Shawn, Taps). At night, you will discuss with the group via PM whom to get rid of and which of you will be sent to do it. Chain of command is 1) Jack, 2) Steve, 3) David. The top-level scum alive is responsible for submitting your night choice to me by deadline.

You win if at least one mafioso is left standing

Because I’m a benevolent mod, I’ll let your entire team know that Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Top Gun) does not appear in the game and is, therefore, a safe claim.

Mod note: Kill method is “bored to death”

Steve Randle (The Outsiders), Mafia Goon
Talitha

You are scum. Yeah, all the roles he gets
now
are glamorous “above the title” affairs, but your role will always be remembered as “early supporting” and that’s enough to make a small role mad enough to kill. Your partners in crime are
Seol
(Jack, Legend – Godfather) and
WindSlicer
(David Shawn, Taps – goon). At night, you will discuss with the group via PM whom to get rid of and which of you will be sent to do it. Chain of command is 1) Jack, 2) Steve, 3) David. The top-level scum alive is responsible for submitting your night choice to me by deadline.

Because I’m a benevolent mod, I’ll let your entire team know that Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Top Gun) does not appear in the game and is, therefore, a safe claim.

Mod note: Kill method is “beat to a bloody pulp”

David Shawn (Taps), Mafia Goon
Yosarian2 (formerly WindSlicer)

You are scum. Yeah, all the roles he gets
now
are glamorous “above the title” affairs, but your role will always be remembered as “early supporting” and that’s enough to make a small role mad enough to kill. Your partners in crime are
Seol
(Jack, Legend – Godfather) and
Talitha
(Steve Randle, Outsiders – goon). At night, you will discuss with the group via PM whom to get rid of and which of you will be sent to do it. Chain of command is 1) Jack, 2) Steve, 3) David. The top-level scum alive is responsible for submitting your night choice to me by deadline.

Mod note: Kill method is “rifle shot”

Brooke Shields, Serial Killer
Phoebus

You hate Tom Cruise in all of his incarnations. He was no more than an
extra
in “Endless Love” while you were the lead. Not only does he now have about 4 zillion times more money and fame than you but he also has the gall to insult your personal choices. What an ass. At night, you will send me the name of one player (Tom role) to exterminate.

To make things a bit fairer for the poor, put-upon SK, I’m giving you immunity to either the first night attempt on your life OR the first lynch attempt on your life. The catch? You have to choose which one you want right now (night one). So, choose wisely.

You win when you’re the last one standing

Mod note: Kill method is “over-medicated”

Dr. William “Bill” Harford (Eyes Wide Shut), Doctor
rajrhcpfreak

Nightly you may choose a player to protect from bodily harm. Twice during the course of the game, you may choose to protect yourself.

Vincent (Collateral), Vigilante
Johnny, Combo Player

Nightly you may choose to kill one player. You win with the town.

Mod note: Kill method is “shot with a handgun”

John Anderton (Minority Report), Day Cop
CoolBot (formerly halfpint)

Your investigations will be conducted during daylight hours and here’s how it works: during each game day, you will receive, via PM, a result of “guilty” or “innocent” for any player you choose. In order to signal to me that you would like to investigate a player, you must place a vote on him in bold AND italics (e.g.
vote: MeMe
) and, next time I’m online, I will send you the result of your investigation via PM. Once you’ve investigated a player, you will not be able to place your vote on anyone other than the player you’ve investigated that day, though you’re welcome to unvote that player. Of course, you can choose not to investigate at all and retain freedom of vote throughout the entire day.

Oh – and one more thing – you will appear guilty to any other investigator.

Mod note: sane

Ethan Hunt (Mission Impossible), Cop
Dragon Phoenix

Nightly you may choose a player to check out and I will send you a response of “guilty” or “innocent.” Oh – and one more thing – you will appear guilty to any other investigator.

Mod note: sane

Frank T.J. Mackey (Magnolia), Motivator
Untrod Tripod

Each night you can choose a player to motivate. The player will be so inspired that, whatever their role, they will do it extra well for the next 24 hours – you cannot motivate yourself. Be careful, though: you can motivate killers just as well as you can motivate others!

Mod notes: Cops will be allowed two investigations; killers will be allowed two kills; masons/Lestat’s votes will count double; doctor will protect two players or one player twice (his choice)

Jerry Maguire, Mason
Fuldu

You’re a decent guy who’s been having a tough time lately. Good thing you’ve got a buddy (Mitch McDeere -
inHimshallibe
) who totally understands since he’s been going through the same type of stuff himself. You may discuss the game with him nightly.

Mitch McDeere (The Firm), Mason
inHimshallibe

You’re a decent guy who’s been having a tough time lately. Good thing you’ve got a buddy (Jerry Maguire -
Fuldu
) who totally understands since he’s been going through the same type of stuff himself. You may discuss the game with him nightly.

Lestat de Lioncourt (Interview with the Vampire), Strong Townie
Astronaut

Your role is a passive but strong one. Mafia cannot kill you at night – and you will not die the first time you are lynched (but if you are voted out a second time, you will be staked rather than lynched and you will die).
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:53 am

Post by MeMe »

Behind the Scenes:

Night 1
:
  • WindSlicer (Goon), on behalf of the mafia, targets inHimshallibe (Mason), who survives due to Doc protection.
  • Phoebus (SK) chooses immunity from first night-kill attempt on him & targets Untrod Tripod (Motivator), who dies.
  • rajrhcpfreak (Doc) chooses to protect inHimshallibe (Mason).
  • Johnny, Combo Player (Vigilante) chooses to kill rajrhcpfreak (Doctor), who dies.
  • Dragon Phoenix (Cop) chooses to check inHimshallibe (Mason); receives “innocent” result.
  • Untrod Tripod (Motivator) chooses not to motivate.
Day 1
:
  • halfpint (Day Cop), investigates inHimshallibe (Mason); receives “innocent” result.
Night 2
:
  • Talitha (Goon), on behalf of the mafia, targets CoolBot (Day Cop), who dies.
  • Phoebus (SK) targets Dragon Phoenix (Cop), who dies.
  • I didn’t wait for DP’s choice since he was dying no matter what.
Night 3
:
  • Talitha (Goon), on behalf of the mafia, targets inHimshallibe (Mason), who dies.
  • Phoebus (SK) targets Talitha (Goon), who dies.
Night 4
:
  • Yosarian2 (Goon), on behalf of the mafia, targets Phoebus (SK), who survives because of his one-shot protection from night kill.
  • Phoebus (SK) targets Fuldu (Mason), who dies.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:07 am

Post by Seol »

Well, that was a bizarre endgame. Go Yosarian!
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:25 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

:) Go scum!

Yeah, it really was a strange endgame. I wasn't sure if Astro was town, SK, or unkillable townie; I figured he was either the SK or an unkillable townie, and that either way his vote for phoebus was him offering me a tie, and I jumped on the chance; I didn't like my odds if we ended up doing a no-lynch.

I've got to say I really felt like I made some major mistakes early on, right after I took over Windslicer's role, and just got lucky.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:49 pm

Post by MeMe »

All scum mistakes were evened out by Johnny. :o
rajrhcpfreak