Newbie 970 - Quietville - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lets start with this!

Vote: Vayre

Because I said so
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Xite91 »

unvote
vote Rain

for not giving a reason for voting
don't do that again
this is your warning
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Voting without reason is usually due to bandwagonning
while getting a majority of votes is the goal to lynch, just voting is scummy
think of it this way

7 people left in a game
2 are scum
2 people vote person A with good reasons posted and discussed
Person B decides, okay vote! and gives no explination
Next day, ESPECIALLY if person A was town, person B gets criticized because a hammer without explanation is usually an EXTREME scumtell
Now, remember scum gets 1 nk per night
so youre down to 3 town 2 scum, what we call lylo, or lynch or lose
if person B is town, too bad because typically everyone will jump on person B
person B gets lynched
scum win

therefore, I am stopping the problem before it starts
because if you don't, you get games like this
http://alphasitedown.webs.com/apps/foru ... mple-mafia
Hellraiser is the focal point

Also, exactly how new is everyone here?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Xite91 »

quick edit

3 people vote person A
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Reread. Think. Then respond. Hey, possibly even
read
the game I posted a link to to see what I mean.
It's a short one, relatively.

*sigh* but I guess Ill repeat myself in a way better suited for those that are... thought challanged

reason for my warning

I posted a reason
He did not

Thing is it WAS jvs when I posted. A joke reason, though with no valid reason WHATSOEVER still posts a reason.
But no reason does not, instead it gives nothing for the rest of the players to go off of and just makes the person look scummy
I am not being hypocritical
I am merely trying to help out for later points in the game, because (in case you missed it the first time) I have been in games that have had no-reason voting before
and guess what? A townie got lynched because he was stupid. I'm trying to prevent this
Again, in case you missed it, i will post the link to above game as proof that I'm not just blowing steam outta my ass
http://alphasitedown.webs.com/apps/foru ... mple-mafia
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Xite91 »

And uh... by the way its Xite, pronounced Zite... (no anger-face, just letting you know ^___^)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Mirhawk wrote:My Comment had nothing to do with your reasoning about bandwagons, but rather that fact that you changed you vote to a person for doing something that essentially you had just done.
No, lemme show it to you

Me wrote:Lets start with this!

Vote: Vayre

Because I said so
Bolded part showed where I had a reason
Again, I agree it is invalid and not at all an argument
but it is a statement as to why, also known as a reason in english

And once again
me wrote:Reread. Think. Then respond
I put this in there for a reason
I want you to
reread

I want you to
think

THEN
I want you to respond

The point is that I don't want someone voting with no posted reason to vote
or, as stated before, a statement as to why
Like i said, my first vote was a joke vote, something that happens in the beginning of a game but, was there a statement as to why?
Think of the third quote
Thank you
-Xite

Also - no real relation to the game, no problem, I get Xcite a lot, again just a problem i like to nip in the butt :D
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Xite91 »

Sorry, I thought I had answered my own question, but on reread, I guess I didn't.

I've played more games than I can count irl, but those are a whole different ball game considering you can get more of an exact reaction read there. (thanks to that wonderful thing called body language)

As for online games, I have played a total of two completed games. I say completed because the site died while a game was in progress for another, so you can decided to count the third as experience or not.
I have one of the games in the links in my two of my previous posts, and if you want the other for meta reasons, I have no problem giving it.
I will warn you though, it will do little to nothing considering it's been like a year and my irl games have made me more ballsy. Not to mention, the two play styles are pretty different between those games anyways.
Besides, though specific player meta is so terribly fun[/sarcasm], that's not why I asked for experience.
I just want to know exactly how new everyone is, so I can gage how nice -not- to be
Typically the newer you are the nicer I am, again look at hellraiser, he had never even heard of mafia before that game, which was why I was so nice, but even with him, i did decide on a policy lynch. I will do what is best for town,
even if that means lynching someone for the greater good
but as long as you aren't stupid, it wont come to that and everything will be fine. Sound good?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Xite91 »

Xite91 wrote:Besides, though specific player meta is so terribly fun[/sarcasm], that's not why I asked for experience.
I just want to know exactly how new everyone is, so I can gage how nice -not- to be

Typically the newer you are the nicer I am, again look at hellraiser, he had never even heard of mafia before that game, which was why I was so nice, but even with him, i did decide on a policy lynch. I will do what is best for town,
but as long as you aren't stupid, it wont come to that and everything will be fine. Sound good?
Lateralus22 wrote:
Xite91 wrote: Typically the newer you are the nicer I am, again look at hellraiser, he had never even heard of mafia before that game, which was why I was so nice, but even with him, i did decide on a policy lynch. I will do what is best for town,
Er what... :shock: Are you saying you've already decided a policy lynch on (Rain?) (Wait... who's hellraiser?) aren't you taking RVS stage a little too seriously, or are you rushing towards the lynch?
Wow... out of context response is out of context?
Read bolded part. This post had nothing to do with Rain at all tbh.
I was simply pointing out my hatred of stupidity and my ideology that a stupid townie is just as bad as scum, and should be treated as such
If you read my earlier post, you'd see that I mentioned hellraiser as the focal point of an old game, a sort of how not to play like super-noob if you will.
I was saying that we all will be on good terms if we all read and think first, then post
remember this?
me wrote:Reread. Think. Then post.
Simple request is simple

My main hope for this game is to get people (including myself) to play better, since that's what noob games are for

If I want a bandwagon you'll know. I will do my best to call them out, get them to respond, and respond accordingly until I have a good tell on, once I do, I will post my reasons, then I will try to get people to find OTHER reasons, and posts those, once it's obvious to me that the person is scum, I will push a wagon, but not before. Honestly, I would have no problem with D1 going till deadline before we decide to vote, as long as there is always good content.
The more we find out early game, the better off we are late game

And, no I am not even worried about RVS, if I was, then I'd be posting more than this even for the flaws of other people, Random Vote Stage is RANDOM, simple as that, but if you look at any other post (or game for that matter) there is always a reason (see above post is you don't understand that a random
reason
is still a reason, and is fine in RVS), and when there is not, there is a discussion on it, much like this one
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:(Yes I did click on the first link to the site you gave and it only showed a freewebs site that said "Alpha site down" so I figured the site was down so I wouldn't be able to find any mafia games to see this hellraiser person you're speaking about. All I saw were some mafia rules below and I did not look on any other pages.)
o.0 The name of the site is AlphaSiteDown... kind of a long story
As for the rules, that was the beginning of the game. I followed the link myself to make sure it was right (as I always do, i like to make my points as easy to access as possible.) It follows to the page I intended it to follow. That's the mod posting rules about that game is all. Read a bit farther and you'll see hellraiser... and quite a few mistakes

Okay, so far everyone's not new, but a bit rusty. This could be fun
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Rain wrote:Person B and I have probably wrote the same exact post, but the conditions were different. In this example, it looks as if B's post jumps in a bandwagon against A, and indeed looks scummy. However, mine was clearly in the RVS. My reasoning was that voting without reason or with an absurd reason (because my gods have willed it) is practically the same. Also, judging a game by numbers alone is misleading. We have no clue to the interactions between persons A and B. While the game you linked may be relevant to the point you're making, one element can not represent the whole.
Oh, of course. The thing is that a majority of stupid things like my example happen as a result of people not being warned in the first place. I'm not saying that you would do that, but I have to assume you would and fix the problem before there is one. It has very little to do with this game, just something not to do... ever, it just causes problems.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:
Vayre wrote:Right now not really and good reasons up, soo.

eenie meenie miney moe

Vote: [O]rphen
Was this vote truly random or was the fact that [O]rphen voted for you earlier influenced your vote?
haha searching out OMGUS voters already?
well if that was the case, the eeny meenie could have been him choosing between me or vayre
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Computing wrote:Is it normal to randomly lynch people right at the beginning? It seems like it would be a bit illogical for a townie to do so to me :/
But I suppose it gets the game rolling...
It's not a random lynch, it's a random vote, it's for jokes and yes (hence, RVS or random vote stage), it does get the game rolling because otherwise people would have no REAL place to start.

[O]rphen wrote:All this talk, and all this blabbing on about
something tiny and insignificant is sidetracking us
1, and is anti-town behavior.
Get over it, it's RVS, all the other
reasons
2 for voting are insignificant, and mainly ignored, at least by me
3. Also
doubt a scum would vote without supplying a reason and bring so much attention to himself.
Unvote, Vote Xite
1) It is not tiny and insignificant if it happens again, that's why it was a warning

2)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp71xMnNTLU

you know what? I'm just going to post a link to myself in ISO so you can read everything I have said.

search.php?author_id=13837&sr=posts

now what you do here^ is you read through everything it says I posted in here (for those of you who don't know how to find that, look to the left under my name)

actually I'll make it even easier, but you actually have to do some work.
First, follow the striked out link.
Second, click return to advanced search.
Third, where it says search for author, put my name Xite91
Fourth, in search in forums, click the road to rome. since this is the only thread I've posted in on the road to rome, it will only show posts from this game.

Now, if you followed instructions well, you should be able to click search and see only what you need to.

3) The point for RVS is that we get the game started, which means you read the posts and try to analyze them to get a scumtell. Granted these are usually not that great, they start to get better as time progresses and you have more of them, without RVS this would be hard to start. Therefore you should refer to a quote I can see using at least 1441456438756982746582745629876 times this game
me wrote:Reread. Think. Then post
if you have questions to what this quote means, follow the first instruction. I clarify in one of my posts.

4) First off, this is wifom and should we really use it in RVS?
Second, it doesn't really matter in some scenarios, like I said before. Therefore

Public Service Announcement

AGAIN I will say that I AM ONLY TRYING TO FIX A PROBLEM BEFORE IT STARTS SO THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO ADDRESS IT IN THE FUTURE.

In case anyone missed it AGAIN
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Xite91 »

@Orphen
[O]rphen wrote:1) If it happens again
(which it won't, do you really think that bad of us?)
a we'll deal with it then. Reacting this heavily over
no
RVS
reason
b? Just a warning? It's a warning that sidetracked us quite a bit, you could of just said
"hey would you mind telling us the reason behind the vote
c, cause if we dont put our reasoning then the scum can vote without giving reasons and itd be really hard to scumhunt." Yet you didnt.
You've just dragged on and on about the same thing, and keep repeating the same points over and over again.
d

2)
??? We have ISO in new forum. Down the bottom
a. "Display posts by user:"
And if you could be bothered to link the first one, why not do it for the second one?
b Why the guide? This isn't the first time you've blabbed on about something pointless. 2 pages in and you've already gone off-topic many times.

3)
Yes, i know what the point of rvs. Why are you telling me this
a? I just said that i find it mostly useless. And the quote.
Why are you telling me this?
b I know what i'm posting, if i didn't mean or post what i wanted to, or made a mistake, i'll come back and highlight that. I dont need you telling me to rethink what im posting.

4) Now you bring up the point it was "just RVS."
So why are making such a big deal out of it?
a Are you thinking he is using WIFOM now?
Why did you add the public service announcement?
b

Your reacting heavily to slightest nudge. Do you feel in danger?
1)a)I've played noob games before. I always expect the worst. Sorry guys, that's just how it's gotta be to help grow.
b) That's better.
c)
Rain wrote:Hell, I felt in danger when Xite warned me; though I was confident no reason for voting wasn't a big deal, the danger of Xite forming a bandwagon against me wasn't non-existent.
And my reasoning shows itself there^
Will he ever do it again? Probably not

d) Hence the link to Stewie... You know the new sites iso mechanic (see 2a) Go back and read what I've said. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DROP IT BUT YOU KEEP WANTING AN ENCORE FROM ME. How could I not be inclined to dance?

2)a) Why thank you, that one I did not catch
b)This one's simple. The link was too long. It would not show in my post.

3)a) refer to 1a
b)refer to 1d

Why no sir, I do not feel in danger. I never feel endangered until someone is grabbing the rope and and people are crying kill her (him?) kill her (him?)!!! This is about L-2. I reacted heavily because of 1d and 3a

@Rain
Rain wrote:To be fair, Orphen, Xite's two posts (posted Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:11 pm and Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:12 pm) seem to acknowledge that I understood my mistake, then moved on to something else. Which leads me to believe you've rekindle his overreaction and blown it out of proportion.

Since you obviously want to talk about this, then let's talk. Judging by your posts, just about everything you accused Xite of doing (diverting on a tangent, overreacting) isn't exclusive to him. In just two posts, you've covered a new feature in this forum, discussed what seems to be just a neat typography, and dragged on about RVS. In Xite's defense, he was discussing RVS because of my mistake and other people's curiosity. You, on the other hand, could have let this topic dropped. Instead, you decided to write a long post riddled with questions, which does a great job at increasing your post's word count while hiding your own intentions and beliefs.

While I do feel that talking about yourself is a good way to get things going, it should be considered unwise to mention that your first and only game on this site was a miserable failure. I sincerely believe past performances does not automatically reflect on future expectations (your style of play may differ, some might even say you've improved), however, on occasions, they do... rhyme.

Also, asking if someone feels in danger? Hell, I felt in danger when Xite warned me; though I was confident no reason for voting wasn't a big deal, the danger of Xite forming a bandwagon against me wasn't non-existent. In his stead, I would feel in danger too, under pressure of at least 3 people's attention. In addition, I'm sure you remember that out of 9 of us here, 2 can kill at night. Are you suggesting you feel safe from these night kills?

The following is just a side note, admittedly a tangent to this discussion but not totally off topic. Also, it relieves a bit of tension set on Orphen. Did anyone notice the irony of me not posting a reason? I understand that any reason whatsoever may be a good reason in RVS, just to get the ball rolling. But my lack of one actually sparked a more interesting conversation. Imagine if I had added "because I saw his name in the clouds" as a reason...
You good sir are a freaking genius and probably my new favorite noob to this game. (Sorry Kevin)

But, try not to defend other players, it only turns out bad for you no matter who you defend. Trust me.

Okay, so
Fos Orphen

Reasons

[0] Falling under peer pressure (This is obviously a joke do not take it as more)
[1] Overreacting to my
over
reactions
[2] Trying to build a case on me out of something that should have just been a don't do this, okay? okay!
[3] In doing so;
[a] Diluting the thread with useless information
Trying to get me to do the same (and sadly, succeeding)
[c] Making it harder for town to read into things others are saying

@Lateralus I just saw that you posted. I'll respond to you in a second
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Xite91 »

@Lateralus

Considering I already responded to the rest of what you're saying in my huge post, I'll just answer your question.

Yes and No
Yes because of 1a in my previous post. Also, I love having a little fun. You'll find that most of the time in this game, I'm not so much angry, just enjoying myself.

No because the obvious. How many times did I explain it? How many times did i have to quote my reread think then post thing?
Btw the reason I quoted it so many times was because it seemed like no one was reading my posts... Obviously I was at least a little right.
Unless youre trying to lead a wagon on me and get me lynched because I'm an easy target
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:
Xite wrote:Unless youre trying to lead a wagon on me and get me lynched because I'm an easy target
Do my questions make you feel that way, if so that was not my intention.
No, that was more towards Orphen. He seems to be trying very hard to make a case on me out of nothing
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Rain wrote:@Computing
Computing wrote:In that case I'm afraid it's got to be you for getting the Powerpuff Girls theme in my head
Would the corollary be that you would retract your vote if Xite changes his avatar? How about if I had an avatar portraying SpongeBob SquarePants, would I gain your trust instead?

@Vayre
That's not fair. Why exclude other people from being your target? Anyone could have a number of illusionary scumtells: Nachmamma could be lurking (is that the correct term?), Mirhawk never voted despite knowing full well we are in RVS, Computing has no taste in TV shows (do you really know their theme song by heart? o_O), Mrdean voted and never posted again, Lateralus pitted Orphen and Xite against each other with well crafted questions. I'm omitting Xite and Orphen because I am under the impression those two were already in the pool of your potential targets.

Notice that I also omitted myself because, hey, that would be just plain irresponsible. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't base your judgment on who's not popular at the moment but rather on what people say, how they react, and on the flame posts that I'm bound to receive after this post.
This^ is reason 1 why youre my favorite. I could not help but see your humor and smile a little to myself. You remind me quite a bit of myself and how I played when I first started. You mess with people while posting, and even throw some good points out there (though they will not hold up for a wagon, but will get good reactions for scumtells)

My second reason is that you seem to be the only one that actually understood my warning you. I applaud you for taking criticism well and at least making me feel like you've learned from it.

Third, you're smart, and you let it known. Pretty much you have the potential to be one of the greats in mafia if you keep up what youre doing.

Fourth, you like megatokyo. that is a plus
rain wrote:@Xite
You've voted for me, gave me a warning, and crowned me your favorite newbie. As flattered as I am, don't you think it's a bit contradictory? I understand that your random vote was Vayre, so your vote for me being random is unlikely. I think we've discussed the no-reason thing for RVS at length, so I doubt that's the main reason (or is it still?). I notice you've cast a Finger of Suspicion on Orphen for 5-6 reasons. Is there anything that makes me more scummy than him at the moment?
Voting for you was part of the warning. But there's a reason it's still on you and not orphen.
Look at the vote count. I'm not sure if it's still accurate (probably not) but I don't want to get orphen at L-2 yet, because I want to get a little more of a read on him first. I'm pretty sure he's scum, but what if i'm wrong? That could mess lots up, hence, FoS instead. I will vote when I am about 90% sure.
That being said, I don't think there should ever be a time where someone is not voting, especially in a noob game. Vote counts help replacements, something noob games typically have a lot of, because it shows replacements at a glance how things are going, and I really don't care to find another random reason to vote.
If you want any more of a reason, you may have learned your lesson, but youre still in time-out until I say so. :D
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:
Rain wrote:If he's town then I still believe he is overreacted and should focus more on the game at hand. He doesn't need to post long paragraphs, a simple answer would help the game move along smoother. While he's tried to help the town understand good game mechanics he should be more focused on scum hunting.
Funny thing is I am scum hunting.
I do have a case on orphen do I not?
Also, from my actions, I am gaging reactions. Simple as that.

Also, I gave my reason why I wasn't so kind.
In non-newbie games I tend to be a little nicer about it because it's not as likely for it to happen again.
Whether I'm scum or town is irrelevant to this^, I tend to have a god-complex in newbie games because I feel I have a bit more to offer to them opposed to games i'm playing with players more experienced than me, irl and online. But, alas I am meta-gaming myself and will now shut up.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:
Xite91 wrote: Funny thing is I am scum hunting.
I do have a case on orphen do I not?
Also, from my actions, I am gaging reactions. Simple as that.
Only after someone voted for :wink: Although I guess that doesn't really matter. Is Orphen the only one person you suspect of being scum at the moment? Did you think anyone was else was scum before then?

What reactions have you gotten out of people? All I recall is Mirhawk calling you a hypocrite and Rain telling you he understands what you're saying. (Or are you counting Orphen's case against you as a reaction? )
Who do I suspect? Everyone.
Who do I suspect based on merit?
Honestly, Orphen is on the top of my list
After him are you and Mirhawk

I could be biased but Rain seems really townie to me
As for everyone else? They really haven't posted enough for me to decide.

Honestly Lateralus I would give you a case on you and Mirhawk if I had one, but it's not so much something youve done as much as just a suspicion that you're scum, which is why I haven't said anything.

preview edit:
Rain wrote:instead of:
Lateralus22 wrote:
Rain wrote:If he's town then I still believe he is overreacted and should focus more on the game at hand. He doesn't need to post long paragraphs, a simple answer would help the game move along smoother. While he's tried to help the town understand good game mechanics he should be more focused on scum hunting.
Again, I recognize it's not game breaking. Perhaps I'm just afflicted with a
little
OCD.
Oops, preview is my friend... sorry about that, I probably deleted a post I decided was irrelevant to my case and accidently left the quote there.

And actually it could be game breaking, imagine someone misreads it and run a whole case against you and then you're lynched on someone else's quote. Good catch
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Computing wrote:But rly, just trying to participate in the RVS; my vote will change if I think someone is suspicious or
if it looks like he's close to being lynched.
Computing is scum. Lynch computing.
I'll start this bandwagon.
Unvote, Vote Computing
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Xite91 »

oops
unvote, vote:whoever has the least amount of votes, sorry mod, don't know who that is :P

because they have the least amount of votes

sorry, I misread that. I thought you were saying that you would vote whoever looked like they were going to get lynched. My bad. :P
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Computing wrote:@Xite Oh, thank goodness, I'm sorry my post was unclear.
Haha, no problem, it was more my fault anyways. I'm in the middle of a really dumb game that makes me jumpy on everyone as all hell because it's nothing but 70 pages of spam spam spam and pissing me off :x
I'll try a little harder to differentiate between games a bit, sorry.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Rain wrote:@Mirhawk
I would venture a guess and say most people change their underpants frequently during the year, probably 90% of the time, maybe even more. By your line of reasoning, should we throw away all underpants and do without?

That was rhetorical. Please do not answer, especially if you're a guy.
WTH does this have to do with anything? o.0

I don't expect you to trust me or anyone else, like I said I suspect all of you, but you, rain, seem to be the least threatening, therefore the most town.

Next, meta is an iffy thing, sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not. But this is a noob game, therefore meta is not that great because this is typically where play styles change the most.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Xite91 »

Posting all of your quotes I will use in your last post in order using 1,2,3,4..
[O]rphen wrote:1)a) Rather then what he sidetracked this game from, but rather the impression that i got that he was trying to sidetrack it.

b) Yes and no. Posting nothing rather then something useless is better. Or he could of posted useful things. If you get what i mean.

c) No, it was not what i was going for.

d) No, in no way did i try to get a bandwagon on him, nor would i think anyone would try to get a bandwagon started thru scum-hunting on the second page.

2)No, in no way did i, lets say question you, because you are an easy target, or an easy bandwagon. I don't know how you get this impression that i am doing such, and think you are just trying to blow out what i said in order to make what i said seem more "lethal."

3)Ok my bad, guess i rushed reading through the thread. TBH i read through the read and got a bad feel from Xite, coupled that with me thinking "wow why do you keep talking about the same thing," and decided to go with it. Must remember to re-read the thread before posting
So, i take back my previous posts on the reasons why you are scummy Xite. Yet that still doesn't clear you. I'm pretty sure your a wolf at this stage. I cannot really grasp why i think you are a wolf, just a combination of your posts.

4)Your scum hunting? Doesn't seem like it to me. Seems like all you've done is responded to everyone else. You don't even want to vote me. Why don't you want to put a vote on me? Do you feel that me being on L-2 would be a bad thing, and that i will get hammered injustly? Or that suspicion will be drawn to yourself because you put me at L-2?

5)Any particular reason why you added the first paragraph? We're not here to make friends. (which i'm guessing is the reason behind it (like, you posted that so that people wouldnt get upset if you turned on them all of a sudden))

6)And i don't really see a reason as to why you posted that (my previous game, that it), i dont mind you guys reading it, im more interested as to why youd post it. As you can see, that game i was a wolf, failed badly (imo), made it obvious who my partner was, then subsequently raged and replaced out because a post failed. Although didn't do as a bad as my replacement :).
1a. Okay, so you get a bad read on me? Now build a case on it and lets play some mafia!
1b. Actually, starting by posting something useless is the best way to do it, problem is that you have to build a rather weak case around the useless post, have them fight it, then proceed to read reactions, build a stronger case and so on until you're sure they're scum. If you decide they're not, you then explain why and back off.
1c. Well then what WERE you going for?
1d. If I had a good enough reason, I would :mrgreen:

2. Ooh, avoiding my accusation and instead putting one on me! We got a feisty one town, hang em high!

3. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/ ... 33x423.jpg
So if you had taken my advice this all could have been avoided? o.0
And refer back to 1a.

4. As opposed to not responding to everyone else and not adding anything to the game? *scratches head*
Honestly, I would love to put you at L-2, id like even better to put you at L-1, even better, I can go grab the rope. Thing is there's two problems with that
1 - at least one of those (i think) is still a random vote.
2 - I don't want to push a vote too hard that im not at least 90% sure of, but (in honor of our mighty mod and the all powerful Mal) let me make this abundantly clear, you're at about 87.9% and pushing it

5. I am. Needless to say, more hostile friends that I have no problem lynching, but friends all the same.

6. If anyone tries to meta for this, I will personally hunt them down and bitch-slap them. He agrees that he failed badly, and thus could have read up on games and gotten much better at it. Remember, meta in noob games is all but pointless.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Xite91 »

mirhawk wrote:
Xite91 wrote: Okay, so Fos Orphen

Reasons

[0] Falling under peer pressure (This is obviously a joke do not take it as more)
[1] Overreacting to my
over
reactions
[2] Trying to build a case on me out of something that should have just been a don't do this, okay? okay!
[3] In doing so;
1) This one makes some sense to me, but it seems like you are saying that we should vote for him based on something that you yourself had done. Or are you saying that you never actually overreacted?

2) I can kinda understand that, but from my point of view it seems kinda like you were the one who wouldn't just let it drop. I mean you could have just said that your reasons were in your previous posts, but instead every time it was mentioned you posted a whole new spiel about it.

3a) Where exactly was he doing that?

3c) In what way? Do you think he was deliberately trying to discredit you? And if so how?

4) This is the only part in your later accusation that seems to hold any real water. But then again in all fairness you never answered his question either.

5) Do you have any
specific
things that you suspect him for, or is this based mostly off what you feel?

6) @Lateralus
Lateralus wrote: I believe the scum would prefer to stay on the sidelines instead of move the game forward.
I don't agree with this. I think that a mafia player would be more inclined to be active. It is after all in their best interests to move the game forward quickly, particularly if they can steer it towards a townie.
1) I crossed out over on mine indicating that I really didnt see it as an overreaction. I figured that I had to repost as many times as I did because after the first two people were still asking and therefore did not understand. So I tried to make it easier for them. The fifth one might have been, but I was tired of saying the same thing, wouldn't you be?

2)See 1.

3a) Reread the thread and tell me how much game content has been added by him? Less than me to say the least. And like I said, when I have a good enough case and I am 90% sure, I will do everything in my power to get him lynched because I really do feel like he's scum.

3c) It's a lot harder to scumhunt when there's no real content in posts referring to the game, no matter who's. He was putting up filler and prodding me to do the same, like I said, sadly I gave in to him, I'll admit my mistakes.

4) What question, I might have missed it. I'll answer anything you throw at me if you want.

5) Yes, it is mostly a gut feeling, but I have my points on him and when I vote I will be sure to reiterate them and add more even. But you have to wait until he says more for me to do that.

6) WIFOM is good WIFOM is great WIFOM is something we can always rely on.
But if you REALLY wanna know, scum
could
do either, which is why you go based on what's said/not said, instead of oh I think scum would wear a pink tutu while they practice karate.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Xite91 »

EBWOP: Shit, totally forgot to add this :P

By the way, I like how you're going, "I kind of understand, but no" on everything.
Sounds a lot like lateralus isn't the only one that's "on the fence" in all this.
Could this be a scumtell? I think so
FoS : Mirhawk
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:
Mirhawk wrote:Hmm I never really noticed that myself until you pointed it out. Its not intentional, just those are the posts I was responding to. At this point I'm not as suspicious of Xite as I was before anyway. I don't think she defended herself very well, but if I were mafia and in her shoes I would had tried to deflect that conversation off me and onto someone else sooner than she did.
Would you be willing to agree that you and Xite have the same playing style in mafia?
I'll answer this... uh no, like I said, rain is closer to my play style, satirical humor + Always a serious scumhunter, even when posting seemingly useless stuff... that's how I'd describe us both :)

But honestly why did you ask this?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Okay, but I don't see where it's going and it seems pointless IMHO
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Computing wrote:A)Hold on, I was answering a question asked of me by Rain about my vote, I didn't make a RVS vote then and I made my initial one before Mirhawk, who was still prompted to make one.
If you were more meaning keeping my vote random until I have greater suspicions, what's wrong with that? I really don't want to get an innocent townie lynched. The spongebob comment was a joke though the fact that you changed your avatar is interesting (though I could just have been massively unobservant and you've had it this whole time if so all this is void and I apologise), was it supposed to make you seem innocent by actively drawing a vote towards yourself or off Xite who you considered to be suspicious but no longer do to the same extent or were you just annoyed that I would change my vote because of something so trivial?
So because I said I would in the presence of a SpongeBob avatar and becuase I'd like to to see what you'll do under pressure:
Unvote, vote [O]rphen

Because I'm still trying to understand the terms and learn the game etc. I have a couple of questions:
1) would the last part of my comments about Orphen be considered WIFOM? It kind of seems like it as a townie would do the same thing because they actually are innocent while scum would do it to make them seem innocent and that's what WIFOM is if my understanding of WIFOM is right (which it probably isn't thus this question)
2) Is a wolf the same thing as scum?
3) Is it okay for me to be asking stuff like this?
A) I find it hilarious that you're making a case on him about this and I really hope it was a joke.
Although the pressure thing isn't such a bad idea, I still want more of a read on him before we push it that far. also vayre needs to take off his joke vote first (I think it's still a joke vote
@mod does vayre deserve a prod yet?
)

1)http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... reviations
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... y:Glossary
learn it, love it.

2) Wolf is the same thing as scum, I expect whoever used it to have some experience irl, because it's used more widely irl games (most of the time called werewolves instead of mafia)

3) This is a noob game, you're encouraged to ask this stuff as long as you actually learn it and don't have to keep asking.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Damn EBWOP again
Mirhawk wrote:
Xite91 wrote: 3a) Reread the thread and tell me how much game content has been added by him? Less than me to say the least. And like I said, when I have a good enough case and I am 90% sure, I will do everything in my power to get him lynched because I really do feel like he's scum.

3c) It's a lot harder to scumhunt when there's no real content in posts referring to the game, no matter who's. He was putting up filler and prodding me to do the same, like I said, sadly I gave in to him, I'll admit my mistakes.
What exactly is it that makes his posts have no content other than the fact that they were directed at you? He only has four posts for crying out loud.
-the first is RVS
-the second is voicing suspicions about you
-the third is in response to you
-and in the fourth he both asks and answers questions to and from multiple players.
in order of his posts:
1) Joke vote, not a problem
2) 1st
time saying that I was clogging thread with my warning
talk, say's he ignores RVS completely, WIFOM
3) 2nd time with ^ as an argument,
asking a semi-valid question
, telling me not to tell him to do something he admitted he needed to do later, casting
his actual suspicion on me

4)
Answering questions
asking questions
, admitting that he had needed to reread through the thread, questions me for not voting him, questioning Mirhawk for something pointless,
mod prod request
, making another misread mistake, asking another useless question, talking about his old game, FoS'ed someone for not voting me or him

bolded is what added to the game, answering and asking questions were half and half though, so I bolded those too

Also, in his four posts, it seemed like he was trying to make a case on pretty much everyone.
Yeah, lets throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks??
Mirhawk wrote:
xite91 wrote: 5) Yes, it is mostly a gut feeling, but I have my points on him and when I vote I will be sure to reiterate them and add more even. But you have to wait until he says more for me to do that.
Which is to say, you got nothing but don't want to say it out loud. What reason could you have for withholding it if it might sway more people to vote for him. You are after all 90% sure.... that's pretty certain.
lol reread. again.
I said I won't vote him until I'm 90% sure. I also said I was about %87.9 sure
I'm pretty sure I made that abundantly clear
Mirhawk wrote:I said I figured they would be active, not suicidal. Xite couldn't have jumped further out into the spotlight if her head was on fire and was shooting fireworks out of her ass.
Lols
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Fuck EBWOP again
okay, computing
WIFOM stands for Wine in front of me
Ever seen the princess bride? Remember when the wine was poisoned and the guy had to choose between one or the other practically based on character? (Youre a pussy, so you would never put the drink in front of you, however you know I would think that so you would put it in front of you, but then again..... and so on)
That's WIFOM
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #31) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:Also Xite where are your percentages coming from?
They're based on Feelings + Data + Personality / Feelings + Data + Personality of other players lol
I don't know, they're just how sure I am
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #32) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Computing wrote: which is about tying to out manoeuvring your opponent thought logic and then being thwarted by the fact that they weren't even playing your game?
Right here is why WIFOM is mostly pointless
but yes, it's the act of trying to say, well if you were scum, you would do this, (or in some cases, it goes on to -> but you might have thought I would say that so you did the opposite, and so on and so forth)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #33) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Oh, and the princess bride isn't the example but it's the best one I could think of, and it's a damn good one anyways
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #34) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Vote: Mirhawk

He's the second most suspicious in my book and you already know why I'm not voting the first. (Ralus, you need to bold and unvote in order for your vote to be not counted anymore, vayne where the hell are you????!?!!?!)

Secondly, I even said I think you should always be voting, therefore, I now am
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Xite91 »

@Mirhawk
okay, because you obviously won't reread, I'll just show you
Xite91 wrote:Okay, so
Fos Orphen

Reasons

[1] Overreacting to my
over
reactions
[3] In doing so;
Xite91 wrote: in order of his posts:
1) Joke vote, not a problem
2) 1st
time saying that I was clogging thread with my warning
talk, say's he ignores RVS completely, WIFOM
3) 2nd time with ^ as an argument,
asking a semi-valid question
, telling me not to tell him to do something he admitted he needed to do later, casting
his actual suspicion on me

4)
Answering questions
asking questions
, admitting that he had needed to reread through the thread, questions me for not voting him, questioning Mirhawk for something pointless,
mod prod request
, making another misread mistake, asking another useless question, talking about his old game, FoS'ed someone for not voting me or him

bolded is what added to the game, answering and asking questions were half and half though, so I bolded those too

Also, in his four posts, it seemed like he was trying to make a case on pretty much everyone.
Yeah, lets throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks??
In case you didn't understand that last metaphor
Throwing spaghetti is a term a borrowed from another game I played where the person makes cases on everyone that looks even a little bit suspicious without making a real stance (or making a single stance and switching it out when other people go after one of the people that were marked by this). It makes it easier to say, hey I made the first case, so I'm not wagoning, I'm just going with what I started with. This makes it much easier to slide past people as looking like town.
^So that people don't call me a hypocrite for this, I need to point out that I have a stance. I believe that the scum in this game, as of now are Orphen and Mirhawk. I have pointed this out before (I FoS'd both of them)

This is my case on him Mirhawk, anything else?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Xite91 »

@Lateralus
No, I don't, that's more coincidence then anything else. Honestly, I'm pretty sure at this point everyone seems a bit suspicious of me, but my real case is against Orphen, with a really strong belief that Mirhawk is too, mostly because he seems to be coming to the defense of Orphen, which isn't really a case unless we lynch Orphen and he flips scum. The only real other reason for Mirhawk is just my gut feeling.
As for Orphen, I posted my reasons for him, twice each, so we will not have the same problem as before and people will read it ok?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #37) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Xite91 »

@RS this might be a pointless question, but I take it Mirhawk is your #1?
Can you give any other reasons why?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #38) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Alright, I'll be waiting :)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #39) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Vayre
, I would like you to unvote as soon as you see this okay?

Mostly because I don't want to get him lynched when there is still a joke vote on him, I'm pretty sure everyone else's aren't at this point.
I mean, unless you have good reasoning not to (which I can totally understand as long as you actively add to what's already been said :P)

@RS that seems enough to get a read on him, but in order for me to be convinced, I need more evidence. :mrgreen:
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Xite91 »

Xite91 wrote:This is my case on him Mirhawk, anything else?
whoops, was supposed to say my case on Orphen... sorry about that
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #41) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Xite91 »

RS I'm not casting my suspicions on you until you can give this quote you seemed to suggest you were going to give when you got more rest (you may not have been implying this, but it seemed like it, and if you weren't then I would like to know why you said that)

Orphen, it seems... interesting that you would go missing as soon as I post an actual case on you.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #42) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Xite91 »

[O]rphen wrote:
Xite wrote:2. Ooh, avoiding my accusation and instead putting one on me! We got a feisty one town, hang em high!
Sorry, don't know what your referring to here, because the part you numbered in my post did answer your accusation. You ask if i'm trying to make a target of you because your an easy target. I say i'm not. And tbh, this sounds like one of those primary school comebacks. "Your a loser" says one, the other replies "Wow is that all you got? Only a dumb person would say that."
No, you said you didnt, and it seemed like I was trying to make you look like you were in order to make a point. AKA avoiding my accusation by pinning one on me. I'm not sure where you're getting the school comebacks, if that were the case I would have just been forward about it and said "oh yeah? well youre a stupid head." :P
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #43) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Xite91 »

My internet is down, so I might not be able to get on for a few days, sorry

So, because I have very little time, I already have posted a case on him (so it's not exactly bandwagoning), and I'm practically positive he's scum at this point
Vote: Orphen

If I have time after I post in my other games, I'll come back and explain why if you guys don't know/want more reasoning
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Xite91 »

My internet should be back up today Woot!

Things I see relevant from Sleepless (hi!)
Sleepless Assassin wrote:On Page 1...
1)~Xite's "warning" comment seems to be taking on a sense of power that she doesn't really have. Kind of a "don't mess with me" kind of thing. Really don't like that.
2)~Xite's rabid pitbull attack on Rain seems to be just an act, trying to blow up a case she doesn't seem to believe. She seems to be just throwing out a lot of words and hoping we all eat bullshit for breakfast.
3)~More talking down at people from Xite.
4)~Xite, your "stupid townie" comment had nothing to do with this game. I don't think it's unreasonable that Lateralus looked at your vote and assume you meant Rain.

Page 3...
1)~Xite's post about how she acts in newbie games seems to explain a lot.
2)~Rain has inspired me to throw away all of my underpants.
3)~Disagree strongly with Xite's "meta is pointless in newb games" post. With newbs, it's more accurate than ever.

Page 5...
1)~Xite, remind me. You voted your second suspect and said we "already know" why you aren't voting the first. What did I miss?
2)~Xite's "don't call me a hypocrite" thing is scummy. Acknowledging your actions before anyone can call you on them doesn't make them less scummy.
pg1
1. New playstyle hun, learn it, love it
2. It wasn't an attack so much on rain, he got what I meant him to get in probably the warning post, he said he understood why, my attack was on everyone else that kept going, wait what did she say?
Out of game Side note: By the way, thanks for being the only one who calls me a she in this game lol
3. refer to pg1.1
4. Makes sense, i guess I was still really sore about that game

pg3
1 & 2. Lawls
3. Care to explain?

pg5
1. I wanted to get some more posts from orphen before I put him at L-1 or L-2, I'm a still little cautious of it. He only had four posts out at the time, I wanted to give him a bit more of a chance to explain himself
2. If youre talking about my vote on Orphen, I was saying that I would give reasons if asked, but they were practically the same as before(with an extra thing here or there), he just had less votes.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Well, what do you want me to say? I play to win, and I believe in what I have to say? That's scummy now? You didn't even say what posts it was to, so I can't really defend what I was saying.
And yeah, he was at L-2 that's why I said that ISTR
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #46) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Xite91 »

lols rain, now how about something in topic?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #47) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Xite91 »

Sleepless is V/LA, he might have forgotten to say that.
Rain, that's really good information.
I think it's time we start scum-hunting for real tho. We kind of regressed for a few days.
So anyways, I'm still convinced orphen is scum.
Also, I can almost guarantee that rain is town.
Vayre, I'm not sure of you. I needs more posts.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #48) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Okay, so lets start conversation.
Who's the two most scummy to everyone?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #49) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Computing wrote:And I have some more questions:
1. Mafia can only talk to each other during the night, right?
2. What happens if a mafia is replaced? Do they get to see what the previous mafia have talked about or talk at all about different play styles they might have from their predecessors?
3. Several people have stated that they think I'm probably town, is this actually a good thing for me or is it liable to get me killed in the night?
The rest of your post was interesting, but I don't have much time and I'm here to scumhunt of course.
Uh, the questions bother me for some reason. Anyone else?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #50) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Xite91 »

[O]rphen wrote:4 days and no-one has responded to what i've said. Mainly rain/xite.
EBWOP
What did you say, I might have missed it, sorry.
If you want i'll check you out in iso to see, but later like I said, not much time.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #51) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Oh that one?
I felt it useless to repost something I already posted AKA my case on you, you're asking me to redo it so you can find holes and call me out on them no?
that's a scumtell most of the time IMO
Also, any other response is for rain to make and well, he's so against the attempt for anyone to "buddy up" with him I figured he could handle it on his own.
Also I typically don't defend other players unless they're %1348197489758943573298675 town in my mind, and that only happens when I know I'm a sane cop and there's no godfathers. Also, I'm pretty sure I said almost guarantee, not just guarantee. :)

Preview edit: Who are the two candidates?
Why sleepless?
I know him in real life so I'm a little biased on him tbh I know his meta all too well and it just seems like him being him, but if you can present a case to me on his uh 1 post? then I'll take it
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #52) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Okay, computing, you just moved up with rain in the ranks of town for that post.
And in response to my post, that makes a lot of sense, not that it really matters, was there even a night0 in this game?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #53) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Okay, makes sense, but it would actually be helpful for everyone if you made a list of the most scummy people, with least at the bottom and most at the top (only do this for the people that look scummy enough you wanna push a case on them, else it just helps scum)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #54) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Xite91 »

I agree on the vayre point.
But what are your cases on the others? (I know sleepless, just not the others)
Do you have anything to add to the cases against me and Orphen?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #55) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Xite91 »

Mirhawk, you don't have to post a case on all 4 just your basic reason as to why :)

Sleepless, not I made them clear because they were already clear, you did it too.
Also, Ima pull some wifom and say that if I were scum I wouldn't be saying that, I'd just nk them and be done with it.
But I said that with those two, because I'd prefer they not end up lynched is all.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #56) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Xite91 »

EBWOP
Nacho, I'm pretty sure that's not a good reason to go V/LA...
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #57) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Mirhawk wrote::roll: Fine

Reverse Simplicity:
-originally voted for me for reasons that were essentially moot.
-When pressed for more reasons for his vote he claimed (more than once) that he had other reasons but never got around to posting them.
-When it became apparent that the wagon on me was going nowhere he retracted his vote without supplying a reason.
1) -He hasn't said anything of importance in ages.

Orphan:
-Some of his posts seem more aggressive than they need to be. This may just be the way he acts though.
-I don't really understand the point of his argument with Rain over buddying up.
-He continues to vote for Xite despite having said his original reasons were wrong, and hasn't given new reasons for his vote since then.

Xite:
2) -You keep dismissing peoples questions by telling them to reread things you already said.(or quoting them) Not considering that the reason they asked in the first place is because they didn't like or wanted clarification on your original answer.
3)-Your case against Orphan appears to be held together with twigs and fairy dust. Your original reasons for voting him were pretty flimsy, and despite having now placed your vote on him I not you still haven't stated any real reasons for doing so.

And there you go. Will you perhaps answer you own question now?

4) Also as a side note, are you aware that your posts make up a little over a quarter of the games total posts.
1) He just started in, how long is an age to you? (sorry, but that was an interesting little thing to me)
2) Then they should ask for more reasons or clarification on that thing, not for my case, considering that I made my case
3) I have a better case on him coming up (doin the whole iso bit) but I've been drinking about all day and a half and I'm too fuzzy to do anything
4) Didn't even notice... sorry about that. It's funny too cuz I got a prod like yesterday
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #58) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Xite91 »

Sorry, that was me doing what I always do with posts like that. I didn't mean to defend sleepless, but I just wanted to point out that he just started so its hard to say anything about him "in ages"
With the top two, I was trying to generate conversation because it was starting to get real slow here. Also, I thought I already pointed out that my top two were you and Orphen... but Nacho definitely seems to have a high chance, too. I'll give stronger cases when I have them though, I don't have an obvscum read on anyone to be honest, just an oh hey, they might be scum.

1 - Are you talking about Lat or Sleepless? Because lat replaced out and you can only hold so much against his replacement. Sleepless, however is actively scumhunting. Yes, he got lazy around the middle, but to be honest I do the same thing when I replace into games. The game's meant to be fun not a super obligation.
2 - In a world where about 80 or so % of the population are idiots, I have to assume. And I understand why people ask questions, I mean I just asked a question about who everyone thinks is scum didn't I?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #59) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Oh wow, sorry misread...
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #60) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Xite91 »

Orphen uhhm what?
Anyone else really concerned about his last post?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #61) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Sorry guys, unfortunately life decided to happen all at once, so I will be V/LA on and off for the next two or three, but I should be able to get on at least every three days if I've planned correctly. Just a warning in case I haven't though.

@Orphen, because it's one of those things that's hard to explain. You seem to be giving Mirhawk a reason to vote me without really giving a case (sorry, no case is usually one of my biggest pet peeves if you couldn't tell) And I was saying that because I didn't think that post needed an explanation as to why it was scummy is all.

@Nacho, Ok, sorry about that. :)
Also, I usually prefer not to lurkerhunt but for day one and a fast approaching deadline I see your point.
As for Vayre or RS, I'd prefer Vayre but I'm down for RS if that's the consensus. So for now, since I may not be on before deadline,
Unvote, Vote: Reverse Simplicity
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #62) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Xite91 wrote: I'll give stronger cases when I have them though, I don't have an obvscum read on anyone to be honest, just an oh hey, they might be scum.
I thought I pointed out that I couldn't at the moment put up a good case, if I didn't I apologize. But I'm dropping that case until I have more information. Right now I do agree that a lurker lynch is a good idea.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #63) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Xite91 »

@Sleepless, we don't have to, but deadline is coming up and it gives scum the advantage is we no-lynch?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #64) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Well first, I probably won't unvote if he claims VT, considering scum do that all the time
If he claims a pr then it depends on what it is/if he's counterclaimed and so on and so forth
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #65) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Because Nacho was the first to suggest the lurker-lynch
after that it was just because, to me, there were valid reasons.

Haha, I've seen that reason a few times, and I still don't like it
Especially with the questions you just directed at me
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #66) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Sleepless Assassin wrote:Nacho, there's a major difference between Xite's vote and my own. When Xite voted, the only vote on Reverse was yours. So she made a second vote and was basically just following you. When I voted, there was already a good wagon and momentum to make the lynch happen to the point where it's basically Reverse or No Lynch. Xite had more options at the time she voted.
Wait, sleepless, so I'm suspicious for agreeing with an argument, and then voting based on said argument?
And you're not because you're obviously following a bandwagon for the sake of wagoning?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #67) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Xite91 »

So I can't help start something for the sake of people like you that wait till there's a good wagon before they jump on?
If no one had initiative this game would fall into stalemate

Also, Hey guys sorry about this but I just spent about 12 hours at the hospital, and then about 9 hours sleeping because of medicine and lack of sleep. Now I'm on fun medication that makes me super loopy so I'm going to try to play the game but I have to warn everyone how bad that could be. That being said, I lack all energy to scumhunt at the moment, so I'll save you guys the trouble unless I feel it necessary to point out something.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #68) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Xite91 »

First, Nacho, why would discussing the night kill be a bad idea?
Other than the fact that it wasn't you or rain, I mean.
Rain is arguably the most pro-town player in this game, which would
A) Get him nk'd
B) Get him protected, which would make scum not want to nk him.

So there's an explanation on why scum wouldn't kill him.

But, with you Nacho, you lurk most of D1, then come in out of nowhere and say, hey lets vote a lurker! And everyone follows. But because you lurked so much, there's less of a chance that there would be a protection on you (especially if there's one on rain :P ) So considering that, why would you not be the prime candidate?

Also, this is a minuscule point to my case, but wouldn't scum want to lynch the most experienced player if given the chance? Especially if Vayre
was
just a random shot. It doesn't make sense to me why he was killed at all

Only problem is that I totally agree with you on sleepless. His hammer kind of irked me in the worst of ways, so for now I'll do this!

FoS Nachomamma

Vote:Sleepless
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #69) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Hey sleepless, your OMGUS is showing ;)

I'm not following his vote so much as agreeing with it. would you like a whole case? I can conjure one if you like
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #70) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Xite91 »

Lol, I love you rain, marry me?

Anyways, I understand it was a deadline lynch, I just didn't like the reasoning at all. He could have at least tried to add something.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #71) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Sleepless Assassin wrote:Xite, if I either voted elsewhere or not at all, we had a no lynch. I was voting for the sake of voting and getting a lynch. Reasoning is posted to convince others. At that point, there was no one to convince. So I just voted and said whatever came to mind. Not a big deal. I think you are only blowing it up to attack my credibility because I'm the only one who seems to see your scunniness. Also, don't you have a boyfriend who would be upset if you married rain?
Okay I see what you're saying, so for now
Unvote

That was the bigger part of my case anyways.
Nachomamma8 wrote:@Xite: Never ask to provide a case.

@Mirhawk: Yes. I felt that the only way the town was going to come to a quick consensus was through a lurker lynch, and I also felt that the lurker with the highest chance of being scum was Reverse.
My primary intent was just to get a lynch though, I wasn't trying to manipulae the town in lynching Reverse.

I'll explain the Sleepless case tomorrow; it wasn't the hammer that made him scummy, but how he hammered.
Why not? I do it all the time

Please explain bolded, or at least re-word it.

Tomorrow as in real-time or game tomorrow?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #72) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Xite91 »

OH!
EBWOP

@Sleepless, I'm sure he won't mind if I just don't tell him ;P
so waddaya say Rain?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #73) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Xite91 »

Rain wrote:My head is blown. I tried mounting a case against someone, but I had contradictory evidence.

Upon rereading though, I noticed that Nacho thinks Orphen is town based on meta-gaming. Xite, where is this bitch-slappingness?

Also, I politely decline your proposal.
I will however consider you as a backup
:P
Bolded. Deal ;)

What do you mean where is this bitch-slappingness? I'm confus

Also, ooh~ contradictory evidence? Like what?

@Nacho, I said I
can
build a case on him, but I'm not so sure he's my top suspect anymore.Yes, his vote pissed me off, but I'll deal with it.
Honestly though, I'm really confused in this game, my reads are everywhere and nowhere. Gah, rereading
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #74) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Xite91 »

Rain wrote:@Xite
Post 74 gave me the impression that you'd bitch slap anyone who tries to use meta in newbie games.

To my scrapped case, it was against Nacho. His Lynch-a-Lurker suggestion seemed like a fine idea, but of the 4 lurkers, two of them were confirmed townies. This leaves Nacho and Orphen; the former says he's town, and Nacho considers the latter to be slightly town. I can draw two mutually exclusive conclusions: either "both scums are active, contributing players" is true, which means that Nacho was mistaken when he doubted this (our IC? wrong? zomg! no waii), or "both scums are active, contributing players" is false, Nacho and/or Orphen could still be scum.

All in all, I am wary of Nachomama8.

Aside from him, I grow tired of anorexic posts with the promise that more content will come. A short esquisse is appreciated.
Haha, oh, okay :)
In my defense, I'm pretty sure I said anyone who tried to use meta on the game that he admitted to doing terribly on, the way he said it seems like he acknowledged his wrongs and was working on fixing them here, therefore meta was useless for that. Also, as for meta being useless in newb games, I still believe it, but a little less.

I had similar opinions on Nacho, but as I said I need to work on my reread, which btw I'm sorry I was going to do it last night, but that boyfriend we weren't gonna tell about rain? Yeah, he's 1000 miles away right now and we just re-discovered a way to still see each other (kinda) while he's away, needless to say I was up all night talking to him instead of on the game. Anyways, I should be done with my reread/cases on who could be scum by tonight. (Lol, sorry rain)
Mirhawk wrote:
Sleepless Assassin wrote:I think you are only blowing it up to attack my credibility because I'm the only one who seems to see your scunniness.
Would I be correct in assuming that you two play Mafia together IRL. If so, would you say that Xite is acting out of character for her usual play style?
Hehe, Sleepless and I have only played mafia together... once? maybe? I don't remember, but he has a better memory, so he'll prolly clear that up.
As for irl games, I don't think you can compare playstyles between the two that well, because it's a lot easier to read people in a game where you can see the other people. Besides, depending on my mood my style of play changes greatly.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #75) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Sleepless Assassin wrote:I don't remember ever seeing xite in a game before, mirhawk. So I'm not really sure of her playstyle.

Computing, what was scummy about hammering just before dealine. No lynching sucks and that was the only other option.
You dont? Oh well I might have mixed you up with someone else Iunno
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #76) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Xite91 »

Orphen, I'm working on it but my boyfriend is getting home today and I've been working on getting everything ready for him, plus I have some sort of flu, and on top of that my internet has been cutting out a lot.

@Mod: LA until my internet stops being dumb, so hopefully soon
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #77) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Xite91 »

Incognito wrote:
Post 301, Xite91 wrote:
@Mod: LA until my internet stops being dumb, so hopefully soon
Can you give me a time period? Some internets can take years to stop being dumb.
Well it's working now, just be warned that if I'm gone a day or two it's cox's fault.

Anyway, doing ISOs on each and every character. Results after each one.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #78) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Xite91 »

Orphen

ISO
0. RVS
1. Experience, Telling me to get over a peeve of mine.
2. Case against me, using 4 points I said, then calling me out to "reacting heavily to the slightest nudge" (considering how many people asked me about it)
3. How was I trying to side-track the game?
So you're promoting lurking? Also, that was useful in my opinion
You posted a case on me, that could have started a wagon, so how were you not trying to?
Point of the game is to catch the things that seem lethal
Kinda seems like you're buddying to lat
Usually townies read through everything instead of just skimming unless of course they've replaced into a 50 pg game
Responding to people = scumhunting a lot of the time. I didn't want anyone to take the opportunity, town or scum (it's a newbie game, so I worry about those things)
Your FoS on mirhawk makes no sense. Any of the three of us would be a "safe" vote. Explain plox
4. ohai you misinterpreted everything that sounds bad
5. OMGUS
6. "Your case on me is wrong, give me a new one, oh and here's my reason for my OMGUS vote"
7. It was the other way around, for some reason I feel this was on purpose
8. I thought I had at that point, if not I did later, again if not, here ya go.
9. Uh, I thought I had answered that question?
10. Trying to pin us against each other?
11. Even worse
12. Even worse
13. "Why is everyone listening to Nacho?"
"Okay, so if we're going to listen to Nacho, we should do it like this"
14. Course I am, cuz I make posts and people can pick them apart, that's what's supposed to happen. Lurkers are scummy because they take that away from the town.
15. Oh well post
16. Site question
17. EBWOP
18. Ok
19. I'll post later
20. WIFOM type discussion
21. Vote for me based on ohmygod she doesn't have a case, instead of how scummy I was yesterday.

There is my case on Orphen, like I said, though, I'm ISOing everyone, so this might change, but Orphen was my top suspect yesterday and he still is at the moment, so
Unvote, Vote: [O]rphen
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #79) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Xite91 »

Computing

0. Newbie question
1. semi-EBWOP
2. RVS (I lol'd)
Computing wrote:But rly, just trying to participate in the RVS;
my vote will change
if I think someone is suspicious or
if it looks like he's close to being lynched.
At the moment I'm actually edging towards changing to Lateralus for a reason he actually brought up himself, he said "I believe the scum would prefer to stay on the sidelines instead of move the game forward." which it seems to me that he's doing without drawing suspicion by not posting about what's going on at all.
Don't like the bolded, but he did say he's as new as they come, and I think we corrected that already
4. Poor explanation, but definitely doesn't know what he did wrong. Computing, it was a problem because blatant bandwagoning without reason is usually a big scumtell.
5. Confused...
6. Confused again, please explain.
7. Making a seeming good case with poor wording, Computing you have much potential, just work on focusing and organizing your thoughts before you post
8. I'm pretty sure the avi thing was a joke, it's happened before in other games
9. Newbie stuff
10. Understanding 9
11. You acknowledge that you're derailing conversation?
Okay, reading through the rest of his posts, it's useless to post what they're doing. He is either town or extremely newb-scum, but I'm leaning more on town. We'll have to see more before I change my mind on him.

I will keep going through later, I'll probably do it 2 at a time, except sleepless, because I'm going to read through lats and make a case, then read through his and see if my opinion changes.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #80) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Mirhawk wrote:I don't know if I like that ISO you did on Orphen. If you look hard enough you can find a way to attach a negative Connotation to pretty much anything a person says. While you do make a couple good points, lots of the things you're holding against him are rather weak. I got the impression from your post that you already believed in his absolute guilt and therefore everything he said was for the worst reason possible.

As for your one on Computing, I disagree with pretty much everything you said. You praised him for a case against Orphen that was based pretty much on Orphens avatar, and condemned him for a misunderstanding that was your fault in the first place. Also, I find many of the more interesting observations that Computing has had were after he started to get a feel for the game. Which was after the point where you dismissed everything he said as not worth analyzing.
Nope, I went into the ISO expecting a non-guilty feel from both of them and that I'll promise for each case. Thing is, the more I look at his posts the scummier he looks. Also, are you buddying up? It does look to be that way

It wasn't praise for his case against him. I saw what he was trying to say and I got frustrated because had he organised his thoughts it might have been a good argument. I was telling him he had potential. If you want the full ISO I can give it, but he feels more town to me so a case would be almost worthless.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #81) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Xite91 »

Well, I mean you made a whole case on me yesterday didn't you? Then you just discard it the next day? Doesn't make sense to me. And yes, in my view, those posts you made make me think you are scum. That was my interpretation of your posts, because in this game you're supposed to interpret things and find scum. At least that's what you're supposed to do in my opinion
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #82) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Xite91 »

Also, Orphen, I think I asked you some questions, can I please have some answers?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #83) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Xite91 »

Rain wrote: 1) I do not consider buddying up to be synonymous to defending someone, i.e. when Mirhawk seemingly defends Orphen or Computing, when in reality he's pointing flaws in your argument. I do however consider superfluous compliments to be buddying up, especially since they're blatantly used to form a bond of trust through humour.

2) In addition, the fact that you straight up accused anyone of buddying up is a slight scum tell. Knowing full well I'm against this, it seems you're trying to manipulate me into antagonizing your target.

3) Something that struck me as odd was also the enthusiasm you showed when following Nacho's Lynch-a-Lurker. It pains me to say that Orphen might have a grain of truth in:
Orphen wrote:I'm not really liking how everyone has listened to Nach on this and just ignored everyone else in game, bar the 3 he has highlighted. He is steering everyone away from the rest of the group, and possibly his scum partner.
See, the way I see it, since no one called on my own suggestion of limiting the pool of potential scums when Day1's deadline was approaching, it must be at least half decent. However, Xite, you completely ignored me (your favorite newbie, no less), and instead considered Nacho's list of potential scums which, curiously, does not include your name. Mine did.

4) Also, your vote on Reverse seems oddly out of place. Instead of keeping your vote on Orphen, it seems you've taken Nacho's use of meta seriously (something you consider useless), disregarded your whole case against Orphen, and opted to adopt a "oh well, everyone thinks Reverse Simplicity is a good lynch today" attitude to vote for him. To top it off, you came back in Day2 with guns a-blazin' at Orphen again.

You could have just kept your vote on Orphen. He was leading in the number of votes, and he was, considered by Nacho, a lurker. It would be like a cross between my suggestion and Nacho's, plus you had a whole case on him. But you didn't keep your vote on him.

5) Furthermore, you've done little to contradict Lateralus' foreboding words:
Lateralus22 wrote:[She] appears to be trying to obtain a leader like position in order to keep suspicion away or either to lead the town into false lynches.
1) Sorry if you saw the quotes as buddying up, that's just how I play. I like to enjoy my games, and I honestly thought you would get squeamish when I asked you to marry me (which would have been hilarious IMO) The rest was me saying that you're a really good player and I enjoy it. My opinion of buddying up is when someone blatently defends someone else when they're perfectly capable of defending themselves. When people do that, get lynched and flip scum, the next people under scrutiny are the ones they defended (this is buddying up) rarely is it the ones that joked around with them from the games I've seen.

2) Nope, just pointing out what I see, trying to move the game forward seemings how it looks to have come to a complete stop, and ya know, trying to catch scum

3) I actually don't recall yours, which could be attributed to the mass amounts of pain I was feeling at that point IIRC which made it so I could barely skim the games, let alone actually read through everything. I know this isn't really a good excuse, but that's honestly the only thing that would have made me miss it.

4) It wasn't the use of meta or any of it, RS was a lurker, and detrimental to the game at best, I had reached what seemed like a stale-mate with orphen (as in I truly did not believe I was going to be able to get a lynch on him yesterday) and I planned to come back for him d2, but I got sidetracked with how the wagon took place and went after others.

5) Or, I just like to be the leader in mafia games? I like to get a lot of attention so that scum try to push a lynch against me saying things like that quote, because its a complete misrep, you can be town and try to be a leader. If all scum tried to be leaders and all town tried to follow, we'd have scum caught, but never killed.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #84) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Rain wrote:@Xite:
1) You have been mentioning your so-called “case” against Orphen ever since the start of day 1 (indeed, you’ve mentioned this case at least 10 times in several posts during the last couple of weeks).

First of all, you don’t have a case.

2) The more I reread your post (#44), the more it seemed like you were guilty of exactly what you were accusing Orphen of doing. You were sidetracking the game, and your numerous (to say the least) posts have been diluting content from the very start of the game. What about the rest of the case, you may ask? Well it’s basically the same points repackaged slightly differently and made to sound even more scummy and diabolical.

3) You reposted your “case” in post #88, which was essentially a summary of Orphen’s first four posts (the four posts that diluted the entire game, somehow), and also pointed out that Orphen had suspicions against many different people. Voicing suspicious is scummy now? Should he have trusted a handful of people and tried to buddy up to them as you have?

4) Ironically, I believe the best reason for voting that you have provided us is your “gut feeling”. And who has this gut feeling been aimed at? Strangely enough, only at the people who have posted anything against you during the start of the game, namely Orphen and Mirhawk.
And finally, your recent ISO on Orphen could not have been more pointless.

5) Since day 2 started, you seem to have kept more to yourself. This may be a good thing, since, looking back at day 1, I’m honestly surprised you haven’t been lynched! The only good reason provided against voting for you, which has been reiterated numerous times by several different people, is how active you were. Now, we all know this is WIFOM and not a reason to keep someone.

Therefore, I would support lynching Xite today:

VOTE: Xite

6) I believe that’s L-1…and…you’re still my backup fiancée though, right?
1) I have made cases against Orphen haven't I?
2) I wasn't trying to side-track the game, I admit I posted some pretty off-stuff, and yes I have reiterated my points, but oftentimes people read them, go oh that's a good point then forget about them, so I like to make sure they remember. So, now you're saying that I do have a case, but it's on the same few points?
3) Considering IIRC that's all he had at the time?
4) Wait, didn't you just say in 2 that I did have points? Also, I'm pretty sure everyone has voiced suspicions on me, I haven't said each person that has was scum, that would be illogical, unless I was the most townie player ever and that was the only reason they were coming after me, but that seems to not be the case. Also, I did point out that I was wary of Nacho, who I don't think voiced any suspicions on me until afterwards. Also, how could it have not been more pointless? There was some pretty good points IMHO. Try rereading it.
5) Mostly I've been to myself today because I don't have any time to play. Which is why I'm only getting back to you atm. I think orphen said something to me that I didn't respond to that had to do with my questions? Answer whatever seems like a question, there's a few in there.
6) Of course, even if I get lynched. :)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #85) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Sleepless - Is that you asking me to claim or trying to get someone else to ask? Just wondering
Next, I like nacho's case on rain, but I still like my vote on orphen, especially with that last post against rain. Oh, there's a case on someone that looks to be a good one, I think I'll augment it with a few points, but not actually vote. Or at least that's usually a scum tell, at least for me. I'm going to laugh when he hammers rain/puts him at L-1.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #86) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Great timing is great, Orphen just unvoted. Anyways, how do I seem like scum? I really like your attempt at a quick lynch, especially considering it was a minute after you replaced in. So exactly when did you reread, and can you teach me your quick-read super powers? Next after that, a case would be nice. Just sayin
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #87) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Wait a second I just noticed a contradiction
Nachomamma8 wrote:It seemed to me that
Xite's and Orphen's cases were equally bad, making them more likely town on town or scum on scum.
Also, your second section is not an assumption I made at all; perhaps you misread a bit there... There's also the added bonus of the Rain-Xite interaction;
I'm pretty sure Rain isn't bussing Xite because his vote came at a pretty pivotal moment.
So wait, it's either we're both town or we're both scum right? So if you're pretty sure rain isn't bussind xite, then how would he be scum?
Liking the nacho case on rain a bit less.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #88) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Xite91 »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
You just seem to useful
and get mad when people post things against you, and claim they are trying to mislynch or wagon you. You seem nerves and my gut screams scum.
Sorry just saw this.
Bolded. Wha?
Uhm, I don't get mad when people post things against me, in fact i welcome and love it (it's part of what makes the game fun) Thing is, I don't like repeating myself, it's annoying when you have to do it 4, 5 times. Wouldn't you say? That part has been discussed. Other than that I would love for you to point out when I get mad. Same, can you point out where I said anyone was trying to mislynch me? I'm pretty sure with you I said quick-lynch. AKA join, then lynch someone that seems somewhat scummy to the rest of town (hullo, last vote count said i was at L-1) How do I seem nervous? Also, guts aren't reasons to lynch, vote and push a wagon yes, but the case is what is supposed to get them lynched, so can I see this, since you just reread through the game, it should be easy
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #89) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Ironically
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #90) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Xite91 »

That's fine, but you should be able to put up some points at least, like I said, you
just
reread through the game, what stood out at you?

Unvote, Vote shotty (sorry mod, that's what I'll be using for the new guy :) )

Sorry orphen, I was enjoying my time with you, can we pick it up tomorrow? (No rain I'm not cheating on you :P )
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #91) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by Xite91 »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Ok since im tired as hell I'll do my best and I
very likely may change my mind and unvote you tomorow morning
, but you seem oppertunistic almost. I mean you atack a lot of people alot of your posts are filled with fluff to make you seem useful. And a good example of my first point is your vote on me. Why yiu had no base other than I may have just OMGUS'd you. And I wasn't trying to lynch you that would be dumb I saw the unvote, I was just hoping no one hammered before I could talk to you. I'm going to
unvote you know
so we can talk more tomorow. night
This makes no sense. Just going to say. Is that you unvoting me? I kind of Lol'd, especially considering bolded.
I'm pretty sure you're trying to say I OMGUS'd you, not the other way around, and I saw that coming, but honestly at this point pretty much anyone I voted would be considered an OMGUS vote. Also, I had ample reason and I gave it. You're the one that seems opportunistic.
You mean, your first and only point? That was after your vote on me? How about before?
You saw the unvote, but hoped that no one hammered before you could talk to me, but put me back at L-1. Whaaaaaaa?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #92) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by Xite91 »

When did you OMGUS me exactly? o.o
And I was at L-1 and didn't squirm. I'm not too worried to get lynched. It happens, doesn't mean I lose so it's not so much a problem. Now I would like to survive to endgame, but my ratio of survival to not is... well lets just say not pretty. (At least IRL)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #93) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Uhm, do you know what OMGUS means? Or how it's used? Just wondering.
Also, what have I done to make you want to lynch me? And if you do, why'd you unvote, or was that not actually an unvote?

Plus, totally unrelated to the game, I like your sig. It makes a lot of sense lulz
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #94) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Xite91 »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:it means oh my god you suck and yes i know how it is used, and thanks about my sig, you should by my book if it ever gets published
Well, it's used more as ohai, you just voted me - U SUCK! I'm gonna vote you back.
I didn't even mention you before you came in, so I don't see how you could have made an OMGUS vote on me.
Also, I think I already asked this, but just to make sure,
what about me has changed that it's confirmed I'm the best place for your vote? What was your case when you DID vote, and was that an actual unvote?

There, now you shouldn't miss it. Now can you stop ignoring those and answer them?

Well, you could always send it to me and i can
read
"edit" it :)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #95) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Xite91 »

Okay, well now that you're not "gone" Can you explain your posts, and give me your case on me? Even if it's paper thin, there should be something there to put me at L-1. So can you tell me what it was? Or was it just that I was the easiest lynch?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #96) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Xite91 »

So how am I scummy to you then?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #97) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Xite91 »

What have I done to make me seem that way though? I would like to know what it is about me that warranted you putting me at L-1, and what it is that makes me seem less town than, say, Rain, or Nacho, or others that have less suspicion on them. Why me? Kthnx
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #98) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Xite91 »

And can you point that out? Because IMO I have been. Or were you saying that because you saw someone else say it (Cuz IIRC someone did)
Also, others seem to not be hunting much, why am I the choice for that?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #99) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Xite91 »

So, I just ISO'd myself and out of 99 previous posts, I counted less than 10 that didn't have some form of scumhunting in it. So, that's like a 1/10, but opposite how you show it. Yes, in a lot of them, there was a cutesy little last line or something like that, but those are what make the game fun. Should I just go all completely serious? I can link you some games of a guy that does that and it's just annoying. If you actually READ through my posts, you'll see that there is scumhunting involved. But a lot of them are just little sentences, like my one to sleepless about him asking me to role-claim. I did that for a reason. Btw hun, I'd like an answer to that one ;) As for you shotty, I'd suggest reading through some of my earlier posts before reading the whole game for real (in stead of, ya kno, just saying you did and putting a vote on the person that has the most at the time). There's something I quoted a few times that I said, that I'd love you to try, also I think rain quoted it in his latest case on me.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #100) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Xite wrote:So wait, it's either we're both town or we're both scum right? So if you're pretty sure rain isn't bussind xite, then how would he be scum?
Umm, what?
You and Orphen are either both scum or both town.
Rain is scum.
You are town because his attack on you didn't seem like bussing.

Also, you're going to have to be more specific about the Rain case. What parts did you like? What parts didn't you like?
Ooooooh. Ok makes sense. And I'll respond to what I do and don't like when you're officially finished :)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #101) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Xite91 »

Mirhawk wrote:Nacho, your opportunistic voting case against Rain is rubbish.

His vote on Orphen was after several posts in which they argued a point that Orphen had brought up in the first place. His later vote Against Xite was also clearly (as I view it) started before you posted your list with Xite in it. You say he merely was mildly suspicious of Xite, but his whole post (and it wasn't that small a post) was about what he thought she was doing wrong. It was a rather tense post too, I'm not surprised that he followed it up with a Vote.

As for the Lynching vote of Reverse yesterday...... Honestly I can't believe you're still wasting time analyzing it. Look at the other four voters.
-Nacho -Just wants to lynch a Lurker
-Mirhawk -First posted willing to vote, then placed vote after others displayed interest

-Xite -Immediately agreed and tossed on a vote
-Sleepless -No reason supplied

You can't honestly think that any of these are less suspicious then Rains vote. If you're hoping to sway my vote the second half of your case had best be a great deal more convincing.

Also Nacho, you say that mine and Xite's position on your chart were reversed. Why then did you post that you had both voted for and laid out a case against Xite in a post that you had lost?

@Orphen
That is so evil genius that it send chills down my back.

I note that a couple of you have me laid out as scum. While that's your prerogative to do so I note that neither of you have bothered either asking me any questions or accusing me of anything.
Okay, going to respond to this because this was the part I liked about Nachos case.
It's not so much "opportunistic" voting as it is... clever voting. As in, he puts a little suspicion on someone, waits to see other reactions from people, and then votes if necessary. I have to re-ISO him to make sure he's actually doing this (most of the time scum will go after almost everyone and vote for whoever has the most suspicion, so I want to see if that's what he's doing or if there's more to it)

Bolded. This is exactly what I just said scum would do...

Nacho's case on me was the bait to see if Rain would do it again (which he did) I think he said that

your @orphen, what is?

[O]rphen wrote:Shotty, you were in this game for 10minutes and you managed to read the whole thread and find Xite scummy, who just happened to be at L-1 on the last votecount. It takes me 10 minutes to pick apart one post, let alone 300 or so. How'd you manage to do that? Also, your vote on Xite, did you think you were putting her on L-1 or hammering? Oh and tbh all your posts on page 15 just confuse the crap outta me.
Oh, it was closer to 10 minutes, the way i read the time stamps it looked like just 1 minute. But yeah, we already were over this, which is why I have a vote on him.
I figured that if it only took him that long to read the game, then it should only take him minutes to provide his case on me, which he still hasn't done. That was what we call opportunistic voting.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #102) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Xite91 »

HOW?
GIVE ME A GODDAMN CASE PLOX
^Like the 4th or 5th time I've asked.
He has given almost nothing, please, lynch this scum
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #103) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Xite91 »

@Mirhawk - His point was this: He put out suspicion, and when he thought there was enough support he put a vote. This is often a scumtell. That was all. Also, yes, I realized that I am buddying up to nacho a bit, but its slightly because I'm in more than one game with him and getting used to him and slightly because I do agree with a lot of what he says.... until I analyze it a bit which I've honestly been lacking in. Also, I have my suspicions on nacho too. I have a choice of 3 people to lynch, my top suspect being Shotty for his blatant lies/(for lack of a better word) stupidity. And then either Rain or Nacho. I honestly think that there could be one scum in those 2. Either Nacho is scum (which I can totally see) and just doing pretty well at masking it/making the town follow him - again partly my fault, or rain is scum and Nacho is well onto him (I only say this because Rain was so townie N1, why didn't he die last night? - sorry hun :P )
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (isolation #104) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Mirhawk wrote:To be fair, I don't think Shotty lied at any point. His assertion that you only scumhunt in 2/10 of your posts was a exaggeration, but so was your response that you did in 9/10 posts.

So you suspect Rain for some things Nacho said... But you at the same time find Nacho suspicious for assuming a apparent leadership role, which he is using to attack.... Rain??

Oh and you answered your own question about why rain didn't die last night in your first post of day two.

For the record, if it comes right down to the wire and we're still at a deadlock I'll almost certainly hammer you Xite.
That was what I went back and counted, good sir/madam. I did not exaggerate IMHO.

I think that either rain or Nacho are scum. I'm more apt to believe that Nacho is scum, but if he flips town and Rain is still alive after N2, then I think he is scum. Sorry if I didn't explain that perfectly.

That was speculation, but I also have the ability to speculate that he could be scum and THAT'S why he could have not died, too. Considering how they're both unknown, it's hard to say one over the other.

placeholder, placeholder, placeholder.

@whoever asked for who we should lynch (I think it was rain)
Top to bottom = Most to least
- Shotty
- Nacho
- Rain
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #105) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:30 am

Post by Xite91 »

@Sleepless - How is me not claiming holding up the game? It seems like we're getting plenty accomplished without it. Also, you're the only one that's saying I need to claim (also, not asking me to, but trying to convince everyone else I need to... interesting)

I suggest that if nacho hasn't posted the last of his case within the next few hours, we get a lynch on him. He has been lurking like crazy, then comes in when things aren't going his way and completely derailing things. Also, he's now, as Rain put it, "Just killing time"

No distancing here, Rain, I wholeheartedly believe Nacho is scum. Also, nice calling that a mislynch... AtE much?
I'm actually just getting my opinions out there a bit in case I don't make it to D2.

Anyways, Shotty I'm going to give you a bit of time to ACTUALLY read the game. Then I want a real case against me tomorrow. Kthnx
Unvote, Vote: Nacho
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #106) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Xite91 »

Okay, thank you that's all I was asking for, just wanted to make sure you wouldn't do one of those things where you push it without asking so later you could go, oh, I never asked you to.
Unfortunately, you're going to do one of those awesome "Oh she's lying" things because I'm nothing more than a Vanilla Townie.
Anything else?
Oh yeah, can you clarify
exactly
what you mean by that first sentence? Just wondering
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #107) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Uhm, nacho, whaaa?
Didn't you say that you though I was town?
What has suddenly changed?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #108) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Not really? Especially if there's a chance that we can lynch someone else. I mean, it only takes 4 to lynch. That's not that many votes to get.
Although, I don't think you'll go with my first choice (since it's you)
So how about shotty? that's the other one I wouldn't mind going for
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #109) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Not willing to lynch Orphen or Shotty because the earlier town read I had on Computig still holds. There's no reason for me to save townread from lynching that the rest of the town doesn't want to lynch only to lynch another...
Funny, I said nothing about Orphen in that post...

Also mirhawk, why am I not going to convince anyone to change their vote? What information do you have that makes you sure of this? Just wondering
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (isolation #110) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Mirhawk, it was OBVIOUSLY weaker because like I said, I'm
not
really strapped with time right now. And why does his referral to something earlier in the game make it a joke?

But yeah, glad to see your promise.

If Xite flips scum, I need to do some rereading.
If Xite flips town, then Rain will NK me during the night if he hopes to survive to D4.
Bolded, yeahhuh?
Interesting

I like your little analysis. So how about not trying to push a lynch you don't believe in and leave your vote on who you believe is the most scummy if you're going v/la?

@Orphen, thank you for giving the more long-winded version of my question
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (isolation #111) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Uhm... your two votes = half a lynch. Two votes off of me = half a lynch.
Also, votes change with changing opinions, you saying th
only
reason for voting me is because you don't think any other wagon could form is invalid considering how little the amount of votes needed are.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #112) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Hell yes! I love you sleepless :P
Good game guys ^____^
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #113) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by Xite91 »

But like I said, rain, you were my favorite townie, and when it came to the NK night one, you were my top choice <3
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (isolation #114) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Xite91 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:And I don't think that calling the game "Quietville" was a good idea at all...
I lol'd. And Nach, you were pretty convincing in your cases (hey, you came close to swaying a lynch off of obvscum, that's pretty damn good IMHO), you were just convinced the wrong things :P
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #115) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:Before I had left I was trying to create a case linking Mirhawk + Orphen as scum, or put Xite in as one of them. The problem was Xite was so scummy it was hard to avoid and I didn't want to bus him right then. Not entirely sure what I would have done if I hadn't left, nor why if I would have stayed town would have won. (Sleepless lurked the whole time for crying out loud guys, the role claim at the end should have indicated something was wrong.) If I would have gotten a Mirhawk lynch I might have went after Orphen since he wouldn't be too hard to tie in with Xite, or lynch in general.
I was hoping not to create too many ties to you/sleepless while still "talking" to you guys that way when I flipped they would never come after you.
If it weren't for lat replacing and nach's case on me being town, though, I don't think scum would have won.

@Mirhawk, to be honest, I sort of ignored you the whole game (was focusing on trying to get suspicion on people for when I flipped scum, so anyone that slipped under the raider may as well have not been playing for me -my biggest mistake probably unless you have a bigger one you'd like to point out ;) )

Hey rain, am I still your backup fiancée?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #116) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:Not sure why if I stayed in town would have won. Sleepless what were your reasons for your night kills?
not an insult lat, it has more to do with how I would have played than how you did
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (isolation #117) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Xite91 »

[O]rphen wrote:id like to say thank you to incognito for taking over the hosting when wolf disappeared, and doing a wonderful job at that
QFT
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”