Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:38 am

Post by VisMaior »

vote dybeck
bacause he is above me
On Puzzles strategy: correct usage of basic math impresses me. I like it. And what do we do until then? No lynches? Im generally against nolynches, but with everybody having investigative powers, its like an all-cop mafia.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:36 pm

Post by VisMaior »

I suggest everybody read newbie 128.
ugh, could you make a quick recap as to what to watch for? I am unwilling (read: lazy) to read trough and come to conclusions on my own.
What about barbarians developing stuff (they almost certainly will have a faster tech tree than us, or get better units than us at each stage).
I'm assuming that he's spent more time polishing up this game.
I think barbarians might have "investigation protection" instead of doc protection on their units. Also, Vigkill might be overkill in a barbarians hand, so that one is most probably replaced with some other power, too.

I must say, I have not played Civ 3 myself, so im a bit confused at the moment.
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:58 am

Post by VisMaior »

Huh? Breaking the game has 2 advantages

1. the setup turns out to be breakable, so it can be fixed
2. We automatically win :D

Why would you NOT want it? Unless you are on the loosing side, that is...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:04 am

Post by VisMaior »

25 pages to check? Culd you just give me a recap?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:35 am

Post by VisMaior »

Ok, I was thinking about this. So if 1 unit has 40% chance of a succesful investigation, the chance of finding scum (Assuming 4 scumpeople) is 10% per player/night. That gives us a chance of 0.1+0.09+0.081+...+0.015 approximately 30% chance of finding scum per night (Less with less scum). Thats slightly better than random (what would be 0.25%), but Im not very satisfied with it. I think it would be better of a plan if the nations with the most probably good investigative UUs would go forward in the tech tree to get those units, and only the rest would investigate/protect. Since we do not know who has wich civ, we could agree on the civs who get to advance and we would not disclose who it really is. Any toughts?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:50 pm

Post by VisMaior »

So you advocate against the no lynch? I think if we out mafia by discussion we are likely to hit town in the first day, as there is not much to go on. We need a long day 1 to make our chances significantly better than random, so by doing that we will be approximately at the same chances that your first plan gave us. I think it would be better if we agreed on some civs (not players) to advance into the next era for their UUs, while others investigate. This gives us the best chance IMHO in the long run, as we do not sacrifice much of investigative power (especially if we do standard lynching too), and gain a lot the next night.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:48 am

Post by VisMaior »

Actually, I think I showed that No Lynch and investigative unit building has approximately the same chance of succesful scumfind as an educated guess lynch, only that the educated guess happens today, and we still can do the investigation thing, effectively doubling our chances to find scum. Is there an error in my flow of toughts? I think not.
Also, some people advancing others investigating might be worth a look into, as I pointed out earlyer.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #59 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:41 am

Post by VisMaior »

I am generally against No Lynches. I just said, that if we want a good chance on our lynch, we need not to hurry.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #63 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:09 am

Post by VisMaior »

But the percentage across the entire town is a simple addition
No, that is not true. By that logic only 10 people would be needed for a sure scumcatch, and the rest could rest/advance/build. However many players you put on, you will never reach 100%. Its like throwing a dice 6 times and saying its sure that you got a 6er. (Because every throw has a 1/6 chance of being 6). It simply not how probabilities work. My calculation is the correct way to do it.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:55 am

Post by VisMaior »

Ugh, you lost me there. Where is
my
error?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #71 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:43 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Ok, I see the difference now. you just calculated that 1 townsperson succeeds in investigating, while I calculated that at least 1 scum is catched. Totally different numbers.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #74 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:06 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Ok, I got the error. I assumed for some weird, totally stupid reason that investigations only happen if the previous one fails. Obviously that is wrong. EmpTy has the correct numbers. I think the best results could be achieved if we would agree on who is checking who, then it could not happen that a scum gets no investigation at all, increasing our chances. So, who is gonna pick that?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #76 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:49 pm

Post by VisMaior »

ugh, so you mean like this

alphabetical order investigates 1. post order
Astronaut -> inHimshallibe
armlx -> VisMaior
Bamboomancer -> Astronaut
corporateclaw -> dybeck
d_rouge -> d_rouge
dybeck -> Puzzle
EmpTyger -> rolandofthewhite
HezLucky -> swinkee
Iammars -> HezLucky
inHimshallibe -> rajrhcpfreak
Mastermind of Sin -> Bamboomancer
Mr. Flay -> armlx
mlaker -> Mastermind of Sin
Puzzle -> Mr. Flay
rajrhcpfreak -> EmpTyger
rolandofthewhite -> corporateclaw
swinkee -> mlaker
Thok -> Iammars
VisMaior -> Thok

?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #79 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:44 am

Post by VisMaior »

Or even just pick the people we think are scummy
Any suggestions on these? I had the impression earlyer that EmpTyger might be one, but he pretty much cleared himself by now.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #87 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:34 pm

Post by VisMaior »

I think the general consensu is that we lynch today too. Are you against this, Emp?

I also see these 4 possibilities. I personally think the 3. one is best, as it combines the advantages of the others without giving too much info for the mafia.
Im pretty much lost with the extended versions, I have to think about them some more. The mass investigations of corse would need everyone to have an investigative unit, so if there are people not having them right now, then we cannot really do that, so delaying till night 3 sounds like a plan.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #113 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:26 am

Post by VisMaior »

This game seems to have grinded to a halt. (a common occurence in games Im playing in... Whats with that?)

i found the "flooding numbers" argument of thok odd as well. I think correct math is good, its never useless to apply a bit more tought in a math problem, because everyone can make mistakes (I know, I did...). it seems like Thok wanted to use my stupidity against Emp.
vote thok
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #129 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by VisMaior »

if he didnt want to break the game he should have voted for one of the people sugesting it
What? You think a disagreement on a breaking-nonbreaking issue is sign for scum? It is not, so why should he voted for one?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #133 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:16 am

Post by VisMaior »

Vismaior - i think roland, if he strongly disagreed with the breaking of the game he could have shown his disproval by voting the person who is giving it. insteaded he lurks and keeps a random vote.
There were quiet a few poeple disagreeing and a few agreeing with it, yet they did not brake into a vote-the-opposition fest, I understand the logic behind why you think he should have voted, but seeing as others have also not voted I dont think that was very scummy either. Except for the lurking.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #144 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:40 am

Post by VisMaior »

I think I agree with a bandwagon here. The game is dragging.
unvote, vote swinkee
IGMEOY Thok.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #146 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:28 am

Post by VisMaior »

I've always wanted to lynch a lurker on day 1.
Been there, done that. And a godfather, no less, too. :)
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #150 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:55 am

Post by VisMaior »

There seems to be a whole lot of nothing building on swinkee. Lurker voting I'm all in favor of, but suddenly 7 of 10 needed? I smell barbarian hordes... which aren't "fun" in my world.
What? I dont think 3 before lynch is that small a margin. Even with 4 scums, there is chance that 1 or 2 are already on the bandwagon, so no real threat to swinkee yet. Tough I agree that we should wait for a claim.

And to top it off, he has a grand total of 2 posts. out of 150. Thats lurking extreme, yet when suspicion rose, he was there to post. And fell quiet since then again, so I dont see what he could do to not get lynched, actually, as claiming "cop" is silly, is it not?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #154 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:46 am

Post by VisMaior »

either swinkee is scum or there are some DEFINITE scum late onto that bandwagon.
Could you explain that?I dont think scum will dare to vote swinkee off, before he appears to claim.
I would much rather prefer to lynch Thok than swinkee.
Me too, but killing off a lurker is better than nothing, and deadline+people not actieve=bandwagon to avoid a nolynch, at least thats what I learned in math class.
We can still come back to Thok tomorrow, when we possibly have an investigation on him.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #180 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:31 am

Post by VisMaior »

Ok, I have been thinking about the math a bit more.
The chance if everybodi picks a target randomly (assuming 3 scums here): 79%
(See Emps post for details)

What is the chance if we go after a plan?

It is 1-0.6^3=79% !!!!!
It is the same chance for catching scum, regardless if we follow a plan, or not, BUT if we follow a plan, the mafia will know who will investigate them. It might be better to go without a plan after all. Toughts on this?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #182 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:43 am

Post by VisMaior »

But have you figured in double investigations into your equation?
The thing is that double investigations cancel out by the chance of no investigation at all. So yes, it was counted for.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #185 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:27 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Ok, no more deadline =
unvote, vote Thok

Mr. Flay, Im checking my math, so Ill come back to that later.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #190 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:01 am

Post by VisMaior »

Let:
I = total innocent
G = total guilty
T = total town (T = I + G)
P = probability of success
s = chance of success for 1 townsperson on a given night
S = chance of success for all townspeople on a given night

The chance s of success for 1 townsperson is given by s = P * G / T
Thus the chance of 1 townsperson failing is 1 - s
The chance that every townsperson fails is (1 - s)^I
Thus the chance S of at least one townsperson succeeding is given by S = 1 - (1 - s)^I

With the 16:4 setup, I = 16, G = 4, T = 20, and letting P = 40%:
s = 8%, S = ~74%
There. 40% success rate, because of all horsemen. My math is correct, I do not fuck up 2 times.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #195 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:42 am

Post by VisMaior »

The math is correct in that blind vs. coordinated doesn’t increase the chance of success, but that’s not the benefit for coordination
If not to increase chances of finding scum, what is the benefit of coordinated investigations?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #204 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:24 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Ugh, I cant believe Im wrong AGAIN! :oops:

Im gonna give back my degree... :sigh:
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #208 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:25 am

Post by VisMaior »

Oh my God ! Dybeck has caght the BJite. Careful, it may be contagious...
We might consider killing off the plague... :lol: If it spreads, that would be devastating.... :mrgreen:
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #213 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:52 am

Post by VisMaior »

Ack, and it was Puzzle, of all people! BURN CONTAGEOUS HYPOCRITE! :twisted: :lol:
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #227 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:16 am

Post by VisMaior »

Vesuvan, care to elaborate your reasons?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #236 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:49 pm

Post by VisMaior »

If you want me to go into more detail, hold in mind that you're asking for a 4000-word post. It'll take time for me to write it up and time for you to read it
Yes, I`d love to. No problem, we have time.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #248 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:19 am

Post by VisMaior »

Hmm, Im not sure. Puzzle did good math earlyer. Ill have to reread.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #261 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:20 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Ok, I think Im on Puzzles side on this debate. I had the feeling that he is protown from early on.The points he brings up seem valid from a plain townie point of view, its just that he made a few assumptions

1. everyone is equal (this suggests that he is a plain townie, if protown)
2. Noone has any special units yet (might be so)
3. the game might be easyly broken. Actually, thats not unheard of, so its not really an unreasonable assumption.

Vesuvan makes the opposite assumptions.
The only thinkg that I found is the issue with the circle-investigating. I think its better to not do that, but Vesuvan makes it look worse than it actually is (altough its not best, it has merits, until I counted the chances I was for it too), and he counts it twice in his analysys.

I still think suggesting building units other than cops is somewhat scummy. I think cops and better cops(aka advancing) are our best options. Scum would want us to deterr frm that, so FOS: raj.

I still hold to my vote tough. Thoks "flooding with numbers" comment is blatantly antitown, even without hindsight. (as in, even if I had been right with my calculation, recalculating NEVER hurts!)
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #264 (isolation #34) » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:55 pm

Post by VisMaior »

So basically, what I said. Nitpicker...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #273 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:06 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Hmm, what would be the point of doing that on purpose? Its a misunderstanding of what I wrote, I recon.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #283 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:02 am

Post by VisMaior »

Can we have a votecount please?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #293 (isolation #37) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:10 am

Post by VisMaior »

So?ts are a boon as far as I can tell. more analysys=more chance to get scum, not to mention more chance for scum to slip.

Im following the Vesuvan-Puzzle debate closely. Vesuvan got me very unsure about Puzzle, but I still have a strong feeling that he might be protown. Mainly because some of the points he made that vesuvan picked out as scummy I have tought too. So if I have tought them, I can imagine that Puzzle can have tought them while beeing protown the whole time. The part that bothers me most is where he slips up with the not knowing about the setup, but I can still imagine that beeing just less attentive could cause that.
Simply put, if you actually WERE town and HAD upgraded, you would know that you don't receive your results until the next night begins.

Did I miss the part where Puzzle said that he had upgraded?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #301 (isolation #38) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:59 pm

Post by VisMaior »

I have some toughts aboult Hez, but Ill wait till he posts.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #303 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:25 pm

Post by VisMaior »

, I would ask that you wait until HezL clarifies
Not paying much attention, eh, Puzzle?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #315 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:07 pm

Post by VisMaior »

My tought about Hez were, that he knew about upgrading mechanics, wich suggests that he has upgraded already. If scum cannot upgrade, this is a towntell. I dont know, barbarians upgrading, strange concept I think.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #326 (isolation #41) » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:44 am

Post by VisMaior »

Heh, back to the drawing board then...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #340 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:05 am

Post by VisMaior »

What?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #354 (isolation #43) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:29 am

Post by VisMaior »

im beginning to think that a mass-claim could prove fruitful here. We dont have to fear outing special roles as even if they exist, we are pretty powerful on ourself. Any toughts on this?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #368 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:48 am

Post by VisMaior »

Meanwhile, I don't understand why d8P doesn't want us to lynch someone if they're a barbarian. And one too many WHAT? Unvote: Bamboomancer, Vote: EmpTyger.
What are you talkin about? d8P already votes EMPTyger...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #391 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:41 am

Post by VisMaior »

unvote Thok

I tried to fix the math, but apparently Im not good enough. :( I always topught EmpTyger as protown mainly of his reasoning earlyer. I screwed up my math and then he corrected me to a wrong formula. Im not sure if it was intentional tough. Altough the "simple addition" technique he proposed was so blatantly false that even I figured out that one. Might have been an honest mistake. The thing that bothers me is that scum would have been better off supporting my wrong numbers, so the correcting me thing speaks in his favor.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #393 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:01 am

Post by VisMaior »

My plan might arguably gain knowledge for scum, but at the cost of sacrificing 2 scum, one of who would be seeming extremely innocent given the level of suspicion I directed at Thok. And possibly more than 2, since mafia would not have had a chance to coordinate before my proposal was done.
Given the raw power of an allcop town, scum might decide to take a gamble, even when sacrificing their own.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #411 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:12 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Lets end this already. this is easyly the longest day 1 I have seen so far. Even if EMP is protown, we have 80% chance of catching scum in the night, so lets do that.
vote Emptyger
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #413 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:14 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Hehe, simulpost :)
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #414 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:15 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Or maybe not... !!!
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #424 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:50 am

Post by VisMaior »

First we should see if anyone has any cop nvestigations, I think.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #426 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:53 am

Post by VisMaior »

well, guilty results at least should be announcedm dont ya think?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #428 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:27 am

Post by VisMaior »

Whats the point of that? Unless you want to fish for info...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #430 (isolation #53) » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:47 am

Post by VisMaior »

So what? We lynch one today, and investigate a new one for tomorrow. Tomorrow we are where we were today, just 1 scum+1 townie less, and a few new investigations. I guess we can follow your plan, but I think its superfluous dragging of a game day.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #461 (isolation #54) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:47 am

Post by VisMaior »

I think we found another nitpicker...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #467 (isolation #55) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:28 am

Post by VisMaior »

Dont break the line, eh?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #473 (isolation #56) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:04 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Bamboomancer Posted: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:30:44 +0000 Post subject: 115

Who wants to bet that he has no info either? Maybe a prod would do it. Otherwise we might consider skipping him.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #480 (isolation #57) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:03 pm

Post by VisMaior »

We might wan t look at people who broke the order, later.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #483 (isolation #58) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:12 am

Post by VisMaior »

What do you mean?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #484 (isolation #59) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:12 am

Post by VisMaior »

Also, please make sure you know who you replace, get all relevant information, whatnot, before you post.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #486 (isolation #60) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:27 am

Post by VisMaior »

Could you elaborate about your comment then? I dont understand what you mean.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #488 (isolation #61) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:57 am

Post by VisMaior »

Thats why we chose a random list.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #490 (isolation #62) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:13 am

Post by VisMaior »

WTF. If its an innocent result, you already said too much. If its a guilty result, I dont see why you should withhold it.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #494 (isolation #63) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:34 am

Post by VisMaior »

no, wait.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #495 (isolation #64) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:39 am

Post by VisMaior »

You might want to withhold even a guilty result until everyone claimed. Here is why: the scum will not know if you have an innocent result or a guilty one. That is benefical, because he pretty much has to assume you got a guilty result. He might want to counterclaim your result, and f you happen to have an innocent result that might out a scum still.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #497 (isolation #65) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:52 am

Post by VisMaior »

Well, that I said it still does not say if it is a guilty result or an innocent, so no, its still valid. And there will be tomorrow too. If we agree to just out guilty results and withhold innocent ones, scum will kjnow if tomorrow someone has an innocent result if he claims to have a result and withholds it. But if we agree to do it the belated way scum will have the least information possible to adjust their fake results.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #510 (isolation #66) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:47 am

Post by VisMaior »

Puzzle wrote:If not, let the claim go but we'll still need to know the full result before the end of the day even for the guy you cleared, just in case you get night-killed next.
We all agreed to this...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #512 (isolation #67) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:48 am

Post by VisMaior »

If we dont wait for bamboo, then Tyfo.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #514 (isolation #68) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:08 am

Post by VisMaior »

The stupidest thing we could do is to reveal result/no result without giving more info (like we're doing now), since people who've gotten results are certain to get nightkilled before they can reveal who they've got a result on.
WTF? Are you sleeping or what? First everyone claims result/no result, THEN they claim results. No nightkill involved...

FOS: Astronaut, upgrading as soon as claims do not give a better target.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #516 (isolation #69) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:18 am

Post by VisMaior »

I suggest either a full reveal or a "I received a guilty on XXX"/"I did not receive a guilty".
Hm, OK somehow I completely missed this part, and I tought you speak of guilty results as well. UNFOS for now.
I find that quite offensive, and reason enough to vote you if we don't find a guilty today.
Yes, it is a known fact that having bad manners is a sign of scum. Bah. [/sarcasm]
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #517 (isolation #70) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:24 am

Post by VisMaior »

And, I completely agree with "if you have an innocent, dont say anything".

Just like here:
If its an innocent result, you already said too much.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #534 (isolation #71) » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:18 pm

Post by VisMaior »

No result here.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #537 (isolation #72) » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:49 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Wait. I understand d_rouge had a result, too. Lets hear that one first.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #540 (isolation #73) » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:33 am

Post by VisMaior »

vote Mr. Flay
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #545 (isolation #74) » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:30 am

Post by VisMaior »

Huh, why did you vote for yourself? Actually made you look more suspicious.
Am I the only one to be amused by such naivity? :lol:
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #547 (isolation #75) » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:39 am

Post by VisMaior »

I read his post as admitting and giving up... It is the truth, but saying "you act scummy" to a player who just said that he is scum
is
naivity.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #549 (isolation #76) » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:52 am

Post by VisMaior »

aha. Well, there is always the [/sarcasm] way.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #563 (isolation #77) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:01 am

Post by VisMaior »

Hm. Two kills?
1. We have SK, who, for some reason, did not killed for 2 nights. (dont think so)
2. Someone vigged (stupid)
3. Scum has built vigging units (really, really bad)
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #565 (isolation #78) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:51 am

Post by VisMaior »

Sure. Same order or new order?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #567 (isolation #79) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:05 am

Post by VisMaior »

Lets see:

Original Roll String: 1d14
1 14-Sided Dice: (2) = 2

Original Roll String: 1d13
1 13-Sided Dice: (2) = 2

Original Roll String: 1d12
1 12-Sided Dice: (6) = 6

Original Roll String: 1d11
1 11-Sided Dice: (11) = 11

Original Roll String: 1d10
1 10-Sided Dice: (9) = 9

Original Roll String: 1d9
1 9-Sided Dice: (1) = 1

Original Roll String: 1d8
1 8-Sided Dice: (4) = 4

Original Roll String: 1d7
1 7-Sided Dice: (1) = 1

Original Roll String: 1d6
1 6-Sided Dice: (5) = 5

Original Roll String: 1d5
1 5-Sided Dice: (1) = 1

Original Roll String: 1d4
1 4-Sided Dice: (2) = 2

Original Roll String: 1d3
1 3-Sided Dice: (1) = 1

Original Roll String: 1d2
1 2-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #568 (isolation #80) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:13 am

Post by VisMaior »

rajrhcpfreak
d_rouge
Mastermind of Sin
d8P (replaces mlaker)
inHimshallibe
Puzzle
Tyfo (replaces swinkee)
Akonas (replaces Bamboomancer)
darquiel (replaces rolandofthewhite)
armlx
Astronaut
VisMaior
Thok
dybeck
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #571 (isolation #81) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:03 am

Post by VisMaior »

Because we dont have UUs that can speak with the dead...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #580 (isolation #82) » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:54 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Updated list, just so you know that you are on.

d8P (replaces mlaker)
inHimshallibe
Puzzle
Tyfo (replaces swinkee)
Akonas (replaces Bamboomancer)
darquiel (replaces rolandofthewhite)
armlx
Astronaut
VisMaior
Thok
dybeck
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #589 (isolation #83) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:30 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Next one up: Puzzle. This is quiet the patience-game, isn`t it...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #591 (isolation #84) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:47 am

Post by VisMaior »

This is your queue, Tyfo.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #593 (isolation #85) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:25 am

Post by VisMaior »

I think we should make those standard. Its useful so often.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #595 (isolation #86) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:15 am

Post by VisMaior »

Its in the Smileys thread on Site ideas. Just copy from there.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #598 (isolation #87) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:49 pm

Post by VisMaior »

List update:

Astronaut
VisMaior
Thok
dybeck
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #600 (isolation #88) » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:11 am

Post by VisMaior »

We are waiting for you, Akonas, pal. Anytime you feel like it. If the thread is too long, and you want a recap, here: everyone built a cop unit, and we are now investigating. We claim if we have a guilty result. We only claim innocents to save their butt.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #607 (isolation #89) » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:50 pm

Post by VisMaior »

The many noresults are somewhat suspicious. A grandpa role maybe? Or sanity issues?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #610 (isolation #90) » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:45 am

Post by VisMaior »

Funny guy. I mean a godfather.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #613 (isolation #91) » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:56 am

Post by VisMaior »

? Explain please. In hungarian, the two words are pretty close...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #626 (isolation #92) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:46 am

Post by VisMaior »

Ugh, dont they?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #641 (isolation #93) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:59 pm

Post by VisMaior »

We simply have to change our tactics. This is taking far too long. Id say, if you have a guilty, reveal asap, from now on.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #644 (isolation #94) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:38 am

Post by VisMaior »

OK then, from now on: we go after the plan, when you have a guilty, you may come out of order. But you dont have to.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #653 (isolation #95) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:38 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Lets jump over darquiel. She posted only 3 posts so far in this game. I dont think she really cares, so I assume no result for her until stated otherwise.

I claim no guilty result. Next!
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #662 (isolation #96) » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:08 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Thats odd, cos I got an innocent on Astro...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #664 (isolation #97) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:02 am

Post by VisMaior »

*sigh*
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #668 (isolation #98) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:44 am

Post by VisMaior »

Im Attila the hun. Im protown. Id like to say a few words in my defense:
As a kid, I was a social reject, just becaus I was fat. All other leader kids picked on me at world leader kid camp. And I did not raelly wanted to rase those cities, honest! ITS ALL MR.FLAYS FAULT! HE MADE ME DO IT!
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #669 (isolation #99) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:44 am

Post by VisMaior »

Oops, i guess you would not buy that Im thisandthat leading, lets see, the hittites or something...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #670 (isolation #100) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:45 am

Post by VisMaior »

And, Im generally against the death penalty. Can we do a lifetime jail instead? Thanks!
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #672 (isolation #101) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:55 am

Post by VisMaior »

. confirm vote Vismaior
What happened to lifetime jail????
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #674 (isolation #102) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:04 am

Post by VisMaior »

See? rajr is a far more evil person than me! I promise, If you dont lynch mefaksldhfasildgffaosipoghadpofuhgcc
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #675 (isolation #103) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:05 am

Post by VisMaior »

Ok, I stopped caring about halfway trough that scentence.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #686 (isolation #104) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:16 pm

Post by VisMaior »

vote VisMaior
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #687 (isolation #105) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:17 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Heh, my first ever selfvote... What an all time low...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #716 (isolation #106) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:03 am

Post by VisMaior »

Oh comeon, just this 1 day! I so want to know how this ends!
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #1026 (isolation #107) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:44 pm

Post by VisMaior »

A bit tilted to the towns favor I think, but d_rouge could have won it were inhim not lynched. I feel we did better than average :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”