Newbie 958 ~Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Ouch, I think that brings me down to L-1 now. Aside from the vote being on me, I really don't like SD's vote at all, as he doesn't really say anything scummy I did, and instead just says voting me is his best option because of how I played early, even though he likes what I've done lately. Really confusing, and it actually comes off as scummy, because looking from a scum perspective, he could see I was at L-2, and am the easiest the easiest townie to get lynched right now. So his lack of reasoning really is suspicious here, and makes me reconsider what I said earlier. Wouldn't be the first time I made a bad read.

Anyway, one thing I don't get is how I'd benefit from DTM completing his analysis, since he seemed to pretty much know exactly what he thought of me, which was that I was townie but wasn't playing well at all. Why would I not want him to complete his analysis, considering even while attacking my playstyle, he still thought I was town? Anyway, SD was someone he suspected, which makes me confident in my decision to
Vote:Shadow Dancer
I hate OMGUS voting, but this is the first time in a while I've had a scum read, and obviously I have to do whatever it takes to keep myself in the game, so the town doesn't fall further behind.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Incognito »

Actually, I'm gonna
unvote

I don't want L-1 right now when we still need our win-chester replacement to chime in and still need Equinox to finish her analysis. And I'd like Shadow Dancer to respond to the issues I've raised in my last post too.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Equinox »

This is the Great Wall of Replacement, so things may or may not make sense. I will hopefully have a summary and verdicts in the post following this one. I am going to purposefully omit points made by Earlder1 and
ThatTumblweed
DTMaster unless it's contextually relevant.

The first part of the notes were done while I did my first run-though of the game. The second part, following the second horizontal divider, were done during my second run-through to finish this wall.

[hr][/hr]
RVS was typical... and filled with theory discussion. I think I'm going to just gloss over that stuff unless someone specifically brings it up.

Uh, wait... What? That's one fun way to start a bandwagon. I'm curious why Earlder1 asked about his avatar, but I'm a lot more curious about brianj's vote change and Incognito's endorsement. Sure, having a bandwagon gets discussion going, but, eh, I'm not a great fan of how this came to be or how Incognito buddied up to brianj in that same post. Okay, actually, the vote looks better... but not the buddying! D:

I can see people casually throwing out the fact that newbies often have trouble getting reads on Day 1, but Alta actively defended remouk here. Actually, it's more like Alta is encouraging ThatTumblweed to back down until there's solid evidence. That's hardly pro-town behavior. Alta's vote on remouk isn't that hypocritical, though, since that was an RVS vote, as opposed to ThatTumblweed's reasoned vote.

Yay for self-preservation. I point this out not for context but for a something nobody's going to see in this wall. If you're town, it's better to be really, really town and get NKed than to look slightly scummy and survive to LyLo. The former gives you strong credibility; the latter gets you no followers. Town's first objective is to hunt down the scum, not to survive.

Do you have an opinion or do you not?! Alta is accusing remouk of the very thing that Alta is exhibiting
and
being wishy-washy about it. Insert facepalm here. And then there's this. Well, at least Alta has a stance in that post, but... I don't like how Alta got there.

Here's an interesting view about Alta's vote from remouk. Being defended by Alta would definitely affect remouk's reads, but it's as though remouk is really sure Alta is town. In addition, he neither defends nor condemns Earlder1. remouk's holding onto a "I told you so!" card for later. I need to keep an eye on this one.

That's some crazy amounts of "oh, I've been prodded" on page 5.

brianj posts an interesting case against Leech here. I will need to reexamine Leech's post, but I got a null read the first time I looked it over.

Shadow Dancer enters with a random vote? Um... "no one screwed up so far"? That's a rather odd thing to say, not to mention it's odd anyway because there are things to pick at. Huge slips are abnormal, even in newbie games.

[hr][/hr]
Okay, so I'm going to start off this second round of reading by looking at Leech's post back on page 3 and then continuing from where I left off. Indeed, Leech doesn't have any scum hunting content there; it's more of an educational post. Seeing as it was still early in the game, though, I think this post was more of a null tell than a scum tell.

According to ThatTumblweed, Coach Travis is a town read. Interesting. I'm going to have to investigate further, though I suspect that it might be that the problems lay in his later Day 1 and Day 2 posts, rather than his first few.

Shadow Dancer comes in with an implied suspicion of Earlder1 and some suspicion of Incognito. What I don't like here is Shadow Dancer seems to be leaving some way out in case the reads were wrong -- Earlder1 gives off an air of "inexperience" yet isn't a newbie, and Incognito doesn't share his opinion, yet it's "some people's play style." Whoa. Pick one?

Here's the distancing everyone's talking about. I don't find anything explicitly wrong with it, though, as I've seen townies do it with scummy predecessors and I've also done it myself (completed games, BTW). The problem probably isn't so much the distancing but how much Shadow Dancer tried to emphasize that s/he was not Alta. Eh. I'll think about it.

Incognito not getting solid reads is a bit strange, particularly when everyone else has determined that Earlder1 is scum with a few other scum reads in between. This coming from an IC makes it all the more noteworthy! Also, his vote on Leech is an interesting choice to make; I'd have requested a 48-hour prod...

Coach Travis sort of latches onto Incognito's suspicion of Leech. Um... okay.

Shadow Dancer has a nice post here, asking remouk to broaden his focus a bit but probably a bit too much focus on Coach Travis's beginning play. Shadow Dancer's "confirmed" vote on Leech is O_O, however. Nine days without posting definitely means prod time, not vote time; SEs flaking out is not a scum tell. I'd say this was due to inexperience, but Shadow Dancer is not new.

Here it is, the post from Coach Travis that set off my scumdar. He's afraid of initiating things and making mistakes. The best way to learn things is to do them; Coach Travis probably has a reason for not trying. So... scummy...

So, Shadow Dancer doesn't have an actual stance regarding Incognito, just a vague cloud of paranoia. Okay. Also, the way Shadow Dancer said that first paragraph gives me a bad gut feeling -- probably the way "mislynching an IC" went in there or something. Bleh. Anyway, how did Shadow Dancer miss brianj's posts? Other than that, this post is one of the reasons why I "felt better" about Shadow Dancer's slot.

Hmm... I don't have a problem with Coach Travis's unvote, but Shadow Dancer does have a point; why doesn't Coach Travis have a second suspect? The post was a backtrack with nothing else to spice it up. Eh. He backs it up a bit after Incognito prods him, but he still plays the "passive scum hunter" card. Blargh.

OFF-TOPIC: I remember reading this game! Hahaha.

Okay. This warrants a day kill. Coach Travis doesn't place non-RVS votes because he's afraid they'd backfire... what?!

I'm going to bring up my predecessor's post just because I have something to say. LordChronos's question to brianj is a loaded question. Don't do that. There may be some precedent -- like brianj saying something -- but LordChronos has had plenty of time to ask that question since, yet he chose this time to do so. Anyway, movin' on...

Yay for smashbro_of_the_SSS focusing on Shadow Dancer's early play and not the whole thing. Conflicting reads are conflicting, yes? And, uh, I'm not focusing on LordChronos so much, so I don't know how valid this case is. I really should read over my predecessor's posts, after I do an isolation read of Coach Travis.

Oh, wait. Was that a pressure vote or a real vote? Was that a complete backtrack after realizing that he was wrong? >_>

Um... okay. I don't know what to make of this. He's afraid of a quickhammer... on someone he believes to be scum... because
why
? He also keeps bringing up "if [Earlder1] turns up town," as if he knows Earlder1 will. I'm going to end up tunneling Coach Travis at this rate. He's scum, so might as well~!

Also, Incognito's response to Coach Travis doesn't have anything wrong on the surface, but my gut doesn't like it. It's like a fake response. It might be due to my suspicion of Incognito, though. Still! Gut no likey.

Oh, this isn't Coach Travis's first game. Meta read, I must. For my reference, Newbie 934.

I think I'm seeing the beginnings of the remouk vs. Shadow Dancer thing. I have a headache, so I'm just going to skim through that; I've already talked (albeit briefly) about it anyway.

Stances! This looks better for Coach Travis, yes.

Oh, DTMaster did put out his suspicion of Coach Travis toward the end of his second wall. Therefore, I add his name to the list of NK Speculation Suspects: Coach Travis, Incognito,
LordChronos
, and Shadow Dancer. Personally, I suspect the first two: Coach Travis for all the reasons I have already stated above, and Incognito for what I have already said plus the following piece of speculation and whatever commentary I make on him after.

Almost everyone by this point has a town read on Incognito. He's helpful. He's experienced. He's an IC. DTMaster comes along and hits the head right on the nail. DTMaster sounds pretty convincing. Scum should have let him live to push for an Incognito mislynch, yet... they didn't. Could it be they are trying to push for an Incognito mislynch right now by virtue of DTMaster's death? Yes. However, I feel this is unlikely because nobody else has pushed for such, and Incognito isn't exactly the most townish IC around. Not to mention his responses to me (later in this post) were too WIFOMy for me.

I want to lynch Incognito at some point.

This is a terrible post. "I couldn't have killed him; I never talked to him during the party." Unverifiable alibi, Incognito!

Coach Travis posits that scum NKed DTMaster for being too town. The exact same reason Incognito gives me later... Hmm!

"Was right about Earl..." I really don't like this statement from remouk. It's the "I told you so!" card that scum like to play to prove that they knew better and to imply that scum were on the wagon. Ew.

Theory discussion on Day 2 == no-no. That wastes valuable time.

I'm not sure what to make of remouk's question. On one hand, it's something we should be considering. On the other hand, that sounds like something scum would ask. Eh...

I like smashbro_of_the_SSS's explanation for the pressure vote. The subsequent vote was probably a bit too obvious of a pressure vote to have much effect, but he's doing much more here than some other scummy people I'm eyeing.

Nice bussing, Incognito. (I should probably be more neutral...) It's funny that he does this now rather than before when Coach Travis did it. It might be because he wasn't reading as he claims, but IIRC Coach Travis did that waffly thing
way
before. So, it's possible that Incognito decided to sacrifice the scummier of the pair to save himself, since he clearly has better survival shots. <_<

Coach Travis suddenly has stances! This, to me, is quite the jump from his earlier shiftiness. He's still doing some of that "this goblet or that goblet" thing, though. Bleh. Oh, and why isn't he voting if he suspects LordChronos?

In this post, Coach Travis confesses to piggy-backing people's cases. (Look up "piggy back" on Wikipedia.) Scummy. Scummy. Scummy. Oh, and Incognito's doing that "What do you think of this, Coach Travis?" thing again. >_>

Coach Travis is worried that "it won't work out." ¿Por qué?

Incognito, we're being paranoid? :laugh:

Okay. Other thing coming in the next post.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Equinox »

I need to read through Coach Travis's last game, but I want to lynch Incognito today. He's done a good job of staying inside the sheep costume, but I want him dead. I don't want IC scum pulling a master gambit tomorrow.

Vote: Incognito
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:03 am

Post by brianj »

Equinox wrote:I need to read through Coach Travis's last game, but I want to lynch Incognito today. He's done a good job of staying inside the sheep costume, but I want him dead. I don't want IC scum pulling a master gambit tomorrow.

Vote: Incognito
And what is said master gambit? I think Incognito is not necessarily believed to be town by most- at least I do regard him warily, though admittedly I never found time to analyze him in detail yet.

Can you specifically explain what you found suspicious about Incognito, or at least what makes more scummy than the rest? All you did is post a WoT about everyone, then suddenly exclaim you have most suspicion toward him. It is NOT enough to persuade me from pushing for lynch of Shadow Dancer, whom in my eyes is already confirmed scum.

Also what is up with bandwagon on Coach Travis,
when
he has finally started making definiste stance on his own? It does not necessarily mean that he is Townie, not at all, but voting for him is like blindly shooting into the dark- I would prefer to keep him alive for another day should he continue being more proactive, so town have more evidence to work with before voting him on the basis of "he is too wishy washy". I find it highly uncomfortable that Shadow Dancer would push L-1 on another easy target because: 1) scums are cowards who likes to lay low, 2) DTMaster kill must mean that CT must have not wanted him to read rest of his posts. All of which are speculations by the way.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:15 am

Post by Equinox »

brianj wrote:And what is said master gambit?
Why are you asking me to coach scum?
brianj wrote:Can you specifically explain what you found suspicious about Incognito, or at least what makes more scummy than the rest?
My suspicion of Incognito was not all that sudden. I've had it since my first run-through.

- Incognito buddied up to you ("I think brianj is :goodvoting:") when you voted Earlder1 for his avatar question.
- Incognito should have gotten reads by mid-game, but he claimed to have no "solid reads" while everyone else had formulated some read or another.
- DTMaster was the first to bring up evidence against Incognito.
- Incognito basically claimed innocence by claiming he didn't read DTMaster's posts at the start of Day 2.
- Incognito's response to me regarding my NK speculation contains unhealthy WIFOM.
- Aspects of Incognito's interactions with Coach Travis (who I believe to be scum) feel fake.
brianj wrote:Also what is up with bandwagon on Coach Travis, when he has finally started making definiste stance on his own?
Coach Travis has admitted to being afraid of doing anything because he doesn't want to "mess up." Constantly. I read through his previous game where he was town, and that's not how he was before. He hunted scum, he made lists of reads (much like what you had before), and he didn't do the "I don't like being aggressive" spiel.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:24 am

Post by Equinox »

Actually, I should strike out #5 from my list, since NK speculation is itself WIFOM, so responses to that would have to be WIFOM by nature. Suspicion of Incognito still stands, though.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Coach Travis »

If you're going to meta me, you should know I did so bad as town as to get myself lynched day 1, which is obviously a pathetic effort. Plus, the lack of scumhunting was as big a problem as ever:Basically everyone called me out on it, and I think I did it maybe twice the entire day. And if I have become even more cautious, it's because of the disaster late in that day where I finally made a vote, and everyone found how I did it suspicious, which ended up playing a part in my lynch. I sure don't want that happening again.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Incognito »

Responding to Equinox's criticism
(though, I'm secretly wondering if her vote on me is some ploy to make herself the only Incognito left standing in this game)
Equinox wrote:Incognito not getting solid reads is a bit strange, particularly when everyone else has determined that Earlder1 is scum with a few other scum reads in between. This coming from an IC makes it all the more noteworthy!
First of all, hindsight is 20/20. If you look back to when I made that post, you would see that Leech still hadn't said much to get a read off of, I couldn't tell if Alta's behavior was legitimately scummy or just newb-ish since he still hadn't done much, and remouk still hadn't posted much. That's a whole 3 out of 8 voices missing in a pretty crucial part of the game.

Second, I said I didn't have as solid reads
as I'd like
. Normally when deadline's counting down and Day 1's about to come to a close, I LOVE to produce nice player by player summaries showing what I think about each and every person in the game particularly in Newbie Games since I'm expecting to get NK-ed. But since such a large portion of players still hadn't said much, I didn't feel comfortable writing out a patented Incog PBPA - if I DID draw the NK, I suspected people might have looked back on it and tried to look into it too much, which I wouldn't have liked since I wouldn't have had much confidence in it. That's p much the reason why I said that there. If you look back through Day 1 though you could see at various points that I definitely did touch on my own reads - I was the first one to state that I was leaning town on remouk, I was pretty clearly pushing Earlder1 hard all Day 1 because I thought he was scum, I believe I said that I was leaning townish on brian around that time too, I had previously stated that I found Coach Travis neutral, etc.
Equinox wrote:Coach Travis posits that scum NKed DTMaster for being too town. The exact same reason Incognito gives me later... Hmm!
There are multiple reasons DTMaster could have died. I said DTMaster being regarded as town by p much everyone was probably the most likely reason (I mean, think about it, everyone except me had Tumbleweed pretty definitively on their town lists), but I also implied in that first post of Day 2 that you said you didn't like that scum could have potentially killed him because his suspicions were correct. I pretty much ate my words when I actually read his posts since it turns out I was one of his top suspects.

A lot of the rest of your post is extremely speculative - I find it strange though how you claim to have such strong suspicions of Coach Travis and seem to bring up pretty strong examples for finding him scummy but then you wind up voting me claiming that you could see us as scum together? How does that work? I've been voting him for pretty much all of Day 2 to the point that he's actually reached L-1 - what would a hypo-Incog scum gain from bussing his buddy at this stage of the game?
Equinox wrote:- Incognito buddied up to you ("I think brianj is :goodvoting:") when you voted Earlder1 for his avatar question.
You say this rather definitively.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 2.6

Coach Travis (2)
- smashbro_of_the_SSS, Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer (2)
- brianj, Coach Travis
Incognito (1)
- Equinox

Not Voting (2)
- win-chester, Incognito

With seven players alive, four votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Sunday June 29 at 19:51 UTC.

win-chester is being replaced.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:26 am

Post by Equinox »

Coach Travis wrote:If you're going to meta me, you should know I did so bad as town as to get myself lynched day 1, which is obviously a pathetic effort.
However, you did better there than what you are doing here because you were more active before in reading individual players. Sitting back and letting the mafia pass you by isn't the way to do this. By the same token, constantly being afraid that people will lynch you for doing things wrong helps neither you nor us; we'll lynch you for inaction, and you're not contributing to our efforts to lynch scum.
Incognito wrote:(though, I'm secretly wondering if her vote on me is some ploy to make herself the only Incognito left standing in this game)
:twisted:
Incognito wrote:Second, I said I didn't have as solid reads
as I'd like
Explanation accepted.
Incognito wrote:A lot of the rest of your post is extremely speculative - I find it strange though how you claim to have such strong suspicions of Coach Travis and seem to bring up pretty strong examples for finding him scummy but then you wind up voting me claiming that you could see us as scum together?
I'm pretty solid on Coach Travis. I'm not so solid on you, and that was what I was trying to find out. If you answer to my satisfaction, you're free to stay until Lylo when I get suspicious of you again. I'd be happier if you got lynched and just flipped, though, as that would answer a lot of questions and settle our doubts before Lylo. Think of this as the "lynching the confirmed cop" thing.
Incognito wrote:You say this rather definitively.
I do. I said that the first time I read your post. What were you trying to accomplish by complimenting brianj at that point in the game? That was an odd thing to do, IC or not.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Incognito »

Equinox wrote:I'm pretty solid on Coach Travis. I'm not so solid on you, and that was what I was trying to find out.
Odd. Do you always have a tendency to go after the person you're less sold on? Cuz, if so, I know I pretty much always do the exact opposite.
Equinox wrote:If you answer to my satisfaction, you're free to stay until Lylo when I get suspicious of you again. I'd be happier if you got lynched and just flipped, though, as that would answer a lot of questions and settle our doubts before Lylo. Think of this as the "lynching the confirmed cop" thing.
I've read these lines over and over and over again, and I can't help but think they're a slip. Apparently, if I answered to your satisfaction, you would switch your vote to Coach Travis and push for his lynch, but you seem to imply that doing so would lead us to a LyLo situation and you're already positive that in that kind of situation I'll both
a)
be alive and
b)
you'll definitely be after me at that time too? Please tell me why I shouldn't vote you right now, my Incognito protégé.
Equinox wrote:I do. I said that the first time I read your post. What were you trying to accomplish by complimenting brianj at that point in the game? That was an odd thing to do, IC or not.
I was being sarcastic when I said 'definitively'. Normally when I suspect someone is buddying, I'll say "this
looks
like buddying" or "I get the
feeling
that he or she is buddying", but you just said I was buddying, period. I don't know if it's confirmation bias on your part or some other kind of potential slip where you seem to imply knowledge that brianj is indeed town and therefore buddy up-able.

Either way, I complimented brian in that post because when I read Earlder1's posts on pages 1 and 2, I got a bad feeling about them, and I thought it was pretty interesting that brian seemed to get the same impression of them as well (which I assumed was the reason he voted Earlder1 in the first place). It's a habit of mine to buddy up to people who I think are town.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Equinox »

Incognito wrote:Odd. Do you always have a tendency to go after the person you're less sold on? Cuz, if so, I know I pretty much always do the exact opposite.
No, this is my first time. My reasoning behind pursuing you more than Coach Travis is you have a really solid scum record. By extension, your scum tells will not be as solid as, say, a newbie's would be because you're not going to make a spectacular slip that will condemn you -- you don't have that kind of history. I don't want to ignore your record just because it's not 958-related.

Also, I'm exploiting the fact that we have one mislynch remaining. Your flip would give me a good amount of information to work with in future Days.
Incognito wrote:Please tell me why I shouldn't vote you right now, my Incognito protégé.
I may be confident that someone is scum, but I am never going to assume with 100% certainty that their scum flip will happen. The last couple of times I did that, I got a game to Lylo and then subsequently lost the Lylo. Now I work with the assumption that I am wrong when I'm speculating about the future. (This is backed up by meta. Too lazy to link, but I'll do it on request.)

I'm quite confident you're not going to get NKed. DTMaster's and my suspicion of you as well as the general air of paranoia from everyone else has basically ensured your survival later in the game.
Incognito wrote:I don't know if it's confirmation bias on your part or some other kind of potential slip where you seem to imply knowledge that brianj is indeed town and therefore buddy up-able.
I have a solid town read on brianj. Still, that sentence was buddying, regardless of his faction. I might be displaying some confirmation bias there when I say I "definitively" believe that was buddying, but I fail to see what other reason you have for saying that so early or in that particular manner.
Incognito wrote:It's a habit of mine to buddy up to people who I think are town.
>_>

Seeing as you did declare him town sometime during RVS... I'll accept that you thought he was town and doing some good with the Earlder1 voting. Still worried about this habit of yours, though... does it usually bring you some benefit? I should probably investigate your meta, too.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Incognito »

Please link to the meta, yes.

As for your question about buddying, yes, I find it to be beneficial as long as I'm actually right about the person being town. I've found myself forming fairly strong pacts between townies in the past, which makes it much much harder for the scum to get mislynches.

I'd imagine you want examples so here goes:

Me buddying up to Ether in Mini 594
Me
incorrectly
buddying up to camn in Mini 803

More incorrect buddying this time to Hoopla in Open 214...

Uh, as much as I'm enjoying the dialogue that I'm having here with Equinox, does anyone have anything they'd like to say? Anyone agreeing with Equinox's case? Why or why not?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Incognito »

And actually, here's another example too. You can see boberz voting me in his very next post because he felt like I was buddying up to him.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 2.7

Coach Travis (2)
- smashbro_of_the_SSS, Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer (2)
- brianj, Coach Travis
Incognito (1)
- Equinox

Not Voting (2)
- win-chester, Incognito

With seven players alive, four votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Sunday June 29 at 19:51 UTC.

Zachrulez replaces win-chester. Merci mille fois!
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Hey everyone, what's up?

Also, while I read... who's scum?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh jeez, you guys love your text walls don't you?
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:08 am

Post by brianj »

Zachrulez wrote:Hey everyone, what's up?

Also, while I read... who's scum?
Welcome, it's always nice to have new perspective on current problems.

If you are willing to accept my opinion, this is my list of read I have strongest confidence in to read I have weakest confidence in:

STRONGEST CONFIDENCE
Alta/Shadow Dancer
Scum

remouk/win-chester/Zachrulez
Town

Incognito
Scum

Leech/smashbro_of_the_SSS
Scum-ish

Coach Travis
Town-ish

LordChronos/Equinox
Town-ish

WEAKEST CONFIDENCE

Shadow Dancer and remouk I am pretty set on. Although opinions on Shadow Dancer may differ, town also seem to have universally accepted remouk as town and the sentiment is likely to stay so unless Zachrulez starts to pull off string of suspicious behaviours. As for the second scum, I would like to say Incognito, but I am still cautious of the fact that this could simply be an case of high expectation, due to his position of IC and perfect scum record. Not enough to repel my suspicion of him though; enough people have said that Incognito only leaves impression of IC and nothing else, and gamewise I can say with good degree of certainty that he has not done or at least started anything remarkably pro-town.

Rest three I have neutral reads on, but if push comes to shove (Incognito or SD does not turn out to be scum) I would classify smashbro as scum. What tips a scale for me for smasbro is his little involvement in the game. Though I understand he is busy, he seem to be just in that level of not really being active but displaying just enough opinion and posts to not attract attention. When I don't have that much materials to work with when iso'ing someone, I'd rather put him as scum just to be safe. I do not have significant suspicions against neither Equinox and Coach Travis yet, though I have sneaking suspicion that Coach Travis could be another case of remouk incarcanate. Either way I'm reserving my judgement on these three until more comes up, which is why if it's up to me I rather keep today's lynch target within Shadow Dancer and Incognito.

I still think Shadow Dancer lynch is best idea, but because I don't like idea of lynching Coach Travis d2 (with Equinox proposing Incognito/Coach Travis scum team), I'll be willing to compromise lynch on Incognito if the former seems unlikely. I would definitely be eager to know how everyone thinks.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Incognito »

Hey, Zach. I'm pretty sure that at least one of Coach Travis/Shadow Dancer is scum; Equinox would probably be my number three suspicion more because of LordChronos' play than anything else but that's where I am right now.

brianj, I don't recall you mentioning you ever had a problem with me. When did I become a "scum" read? Why didn't you ever complete an analysis of me?

Also, I think it's ridiculous for you to say that I haven't done anything remarkably pro-town - I've been scum-hunting, I've probably been the most active player in this game, I've been prodding and probing at players, I've been offering my opinions on pretty much all events. I mean, seriously?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Equinox »

FLUFF POST. NO ACTUAL GAME CONTENT.

Just lettin' you all know I'm not avoiding you. I've only had time to check in and make short posts for urgent, direct questions that could be answered immediately. I'll catch up fully when I get access back; otherwise, refer to signature. Sorry!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Sorry, my site connection was kinda bad recently. But works fine today... I really did not realize I L-1 voted, else I'd certainly have written a fat warning after it :(

I think I wouldn't have voted CT if I had realized it.

I'll try to do some better analysis now. Lack of contend should luckily not be the problem in this game.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

First of, OK, Inco,
FoS Inco
. I think your intransparent play style alone justifies that.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:03 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Inco: I don't like to hold back my vote. And I also do not like it on whoever(ex-rem) right now, because of his obvious absense. CT was my scond best guess depending on D1 mostly. I think it is deinintely true that he tries to adapt his playstyle. I wouldn't call it "coaching" because that would mean there is a "coach" who gave him explicit (or maybe implicit) orders how to play. Since multiple players pointed out his lack of stances and his general hesitance to render judgements on players and to dedicate his vote, I would call it "a newbie learning" rather than "scum being coached". How ever, that does
not
mean CT is not scum. People are easily temted to turn a "scummy, but definitely newb" read into a "newb town" read, but often forget that newbs have the exact same chance of being scum as any one else. Newbishness is the easiest available veil to wrap real scummyness in and it can be damn hard to distinguish the both.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:34 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I must say I really start to dislike brian's obvious overfocus on me.
brianj wrote:I find it highly uncomfortable that Shadow Dancer would push L-1 on another easy target because: 1) scums are cowards who likes to lay low, 2) DTMaster kill must mean that CT must have not wanted him to read rest of his posts. All of which are speculations by the way.
I do not get what you mean, but are definitely misinterpreting, if not twisting, my words.,
about 1): I do not see your causality here. It is definitely not a causality I used. Just that I mentioned both things does not mean one is cause of the other.
about 2): Where did I say it
must
be so? Hw could I know. Retorcal qusetions aside: What I said was that that is another aspect that's common among scum NK reasons that hasn't been discussed yet. That
is
a speculation, I did not claim otherwise. As is "he was killed because of TDW's 'most-townish' read" or "his suspicion on xyz got him killed."

Do you see what you are doing? You are grabbing two more or less random sentences, wrongly present them as cause of something you do not like for one reason or another (me voting CT) and present them to every one as obvious bogus, which they
are
- in the context
you
present them in.

And now I am really asking myself: How far can "mislead townie" go and where does "scummy" start. Seriously, I see you at least borderline rightn now.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”