SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:30 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Fishythefish wrote:@SK: you are scum because of your recent shenanigans. I have no read on the rest of your play.
Why do my recent shenanigans make me scum?
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:I totally am free to answer the question. You might not want me to, but you can't impugn my right of free speech.
I'm just trying to save people the time of reading your answer when the outcome of your answer is already known. (P.S. Get your sarcasm detector fixed. It's broken.)

I was, of course, not actually depriving you of your constitutional rights. What's the difference between you and Cyberbob from Mini 934, by the way?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Your recent shenanigans have a good scum motivation, and no good town motivation that I can see, which makes you likely scum. Scum-with-NK in your position would know Andrius had a role, and would want to know which to find out whether he was worth killing. Scum-without-NK have an even better reason - you would know Andrius had a role but, having no nightkill, would need to tell the other scumteam this. As town, on the other hand, I can't see how you expected to find out anything about Andrius's alignment, and it doesn't seem a likely play.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:10 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Good attempt, Fishy, if a bit flawed.

If I were on the scumteam with the NK, how does blatantly rolefishing (i.e. something widely considered as a live grenade) benefit me and my partner? There's a high chance I get lynched, and a very low chance I actually get Andrius to cough up what his role is. One scum member for one power role in a game with many power roles? Unless Andius was scum, this is a suicidal move for scum. Even with that condition, this just gives town a better chance to catch the surviving scum members.

This also applies in the other scenario. While having a member of one scumteam "suggest" targets to the one that has the NK does have some merit, you again encounter the problem of sacrifice. You more than likely get yourself lynched, and
maybe
the other scumteam uses that kill to kill the power role instead of hunting for your surviving buddy. Again, how does this benefit the scum team suggesting the targets?

As for your problem with finding town motivation for my behavior, well, all I can say is that you need to think harder.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:19 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 2 Vote Count

Nobody Special ( 1 ) Zang,
farside22 ( 0 )
Zang ( 1 ) SaintKerrigan,
SaintKerrigan ( 3 ) Steam-Powered Shovel, AlmasterGM, Fishythefish,
Zajnet ( 0 )
easjo682 ( 0 )
Andrius ( 2 ) Zajnet, Nobody Special,
Fishythefish ( 0 )
Steam-Powered Shovel ( 0 )
AlmasterGM ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 3 ) farside22, Andrius, easjo682
Total Votes ( 10 )
Deadline: June 25th at 23:00 EDT
With 10 total votes, 6 needed to lynch.

Going to try and get some replacements in here. Once again we're about 5 days away from the next deadline, which puts us 6 days from the next marketplace opening. That means a preview of the marketplace will be posted shortly. Just a warning that I think, due to some complaints, I'm going to extend the bidding period.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 am

Post by zoraster »

This is a preview of your upcoming market. From here on out, bidding will go on for 72 hours before the bidding ends. Bidding will open 6/26 at 11:00 EDT.

Marketplace
To place a bid, PM Zoraster with the highest price you would be willing to pay.

1 Arsonist
- You have a whole bunch of highly flamable liquid, but only one match. Every night, you may douse one person in kerosene. Once during the day, you may PM the mod with the word
ignite
. This will cause
every
player who you have doused to go up in flames instantly, killing them. Beware the firefighter though! Doctors also protect against someone going up in flame if they protected that player the night before. Body armor does not protect.
MB: 20 CB: 0 Deadline: Open 6/26

2 Firefighter
- Until the Arsonist attempts to light his match, you may submit one person per night to smother in flame-retardant material. For the rest of the game, they will not be able to be ignited, whether the arsonist doused them before or douses them after. If you smother the arsonist, his match will not work, and he will be unable to ignite anyone at all! You are a very brave firefighter, though, and you are unable to protect yourself.
MB: 10 CB: 0 Deadline: Open 6/26

3 Masonizer x 1
- Once during the game during the day, you may select one other player. If that player is town OR if that player has investigation immunity, they will become your mason partner and you will be given a quicktopic to talk in. You do not have to be town to use this ability.
MB: 5 CB: 0 Deadline: Open 6/26

4 Investor
- 30% of all bank payments go to you, including payments made due to bankruptcy, interest payments, or payments on principal. Once a day, you may PM the mod to see what the total amount of debt there is in the game.
MB: 20 CB: 0 Deadline: Open 6/26

MB: N/A CB: Deadline:

Current bids may not be up-to-date. Current Bids and Deadlines will only be kept up-to-date by edit until the next vote count is posted.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 am

Post by zoraster »

SpyreX replaces Farside22
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:47 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

zoraster wrote:
SpyreX replaces Farside22
oh god
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Andrius »

SpyreX... dun dun dun DUN.
zoraster wrote: 1 Arsonist - You have a whole bunch of highly flamable liquid, but only one match. Every night, you may douse one person in kerosene. Once during the day, you may PM the mod with the word ignight.
You spelled "ignite" wrong. lol
Are you sure? Ignore that little edited by thing. It means nothing

So, how many replacements are we looking at?
I think potentially two more, but I'm hopeful at least one of those guys will return before I need to pull the trigger
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

@SK - WHY DON'T YOU JUST TELL US WHAT THE MOTIVATION AND/OR REASON IS INSTEAD OF BEING SO DAMN ENIGMATIC.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You're right ohh god because seriously now.

This SK wagon? Laaame
The VV wagon? Seriously. Seriously. The other one was Jack? Seriously.

Here's a super hi-c tip. In this group there is 2, if not three scum:

Nobody Special, Zang, Steam-Powered Shovel.

Now I'm banking hard on SPS and NS not being scum together. The downside is chances are high these aren't the scum with the fat abilities.

The winner in the "doing nothing" race by a tiny margin is NS. Zang is actively not paying attention and that bothers me but, of the three, he's my iffy one.

##Vote: Nobody Special

That said, this needs to happen NOW:

Whomever bought cop needs to claim it. Claim their result. Then sell it. Like, right damn now. We need to utilize the fact there is still only one killing action and two scumteams to start putting some pressure on.

This was 20 pages of mechanics and slapfighting and, frankly, a C- effort overall. That's gotta go.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Zajnet »

I'm here, please don't replace me. Sorry about the unexpected absence, but I did post yesterday. I'll post my thoughts when I get caught up on the game.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Andrius »

SpyreX wrote:You're right ohh god because seriously now.

This SK wagon? Laaame

Now I'm banking hard on SPS and NS not being scum together. The downside is chances are high these aren't the scum with the fat abilities.

The winner in the "doing nothing" race by a tiny margin is NS. Zang is actively not paying attention and that bothers me but, of the three, he's my iffy one.

Whomever bought cop needs to claim it. Claim their result. Then sell it. Like, right damn now. We need to utilize the fact there is still only one killing action and two scumteams to start putting some pressure on.

This was 20 pages of mechanics and slapfighting and, frankly, a C- effort overall. That's gotta go.
Good, some fresh action in the game. Glad to have you SpyreX.
I support a Cop claim. We need all the help we can get.
But don't sell the Cop ability. The Doctor can and should protect you no matter what, if you claim. It seems that the Firefighter is the counter for the Arsonist, so the Doctor is becoming somewhat useless.

##
VOTE: NobodySpecial Let's see where this wagon takes us.
Somewhere over the rainbow~
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Andrius »

@ zoraster: Nice try. I saw the edit. ;)
And Zajnet came back, so that's one less replacement needed.
And I personally like mods who write stuff in player's posts, so long as its comical. :)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by zoraster »

ack. Sorry, Zaj. Sometimes the new iso doesn't show all posts. you have to go to the second page. My bad.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Pfft sell the cop ability. Money needs to flow and that is a win-win IF it happens ASAP.

Doc is still useful too btw.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Zajnet »

zoraster wrote:ack. Sorry, Zaj. Sometimes the new iso doesn't show all posts. you have to go to the second page. My bad.
NP, mods are human too :shock:
SpyreX wrote:You're right ohh god because seriously now.

This SK wagon? Laaame

I need to reread NS and Zang, oh wait I'm done because they've been lurking hard (I know I'm one to talk right). I'm not just ready to vote yet, I need to mull it over.

:facepalm: Now why didn't any of us think about that cop plan? Selling power roles hides their identity from the scum. That's really pro to move the cop around. The only issue is if scum has it and claims their buddy is innocent, but oh well.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Oh hai Spyrex. Ready to [redacted - ongoing game]?

I agree that the cop should claim his result and then sell. *waits for people to jump on him again*

I also mostly agree with your scumlist. For me it's SPS who's in the iffy position instead of Zang. Also, I'd have Zajnet on the iffy list as well.

##Unvote: Zang
##Vote: NobodySpecial

I'll deal with Zang later.

@ Andrius: No, doc is useless to the cop if the doc is mafia, and right now we can't tell the difference.

@ AGM: If I felt like telling you anything else other than what I have already provided, I would have done it by now.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Zang »

Ok, I'm here and I'll post something tommorow
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Zang wrote:Ok, I'm here and I'll post something tommorow
I love this kind of contribution! /sarcasm
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SpyreX wrote:The winner in the "doing nothing" race by a tiny margin is NS. Zang is actively not paying attention and that bothers me but, of the three, he's my iffy one.
Zang never does anything, there is nothing new here.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Zaj's whole trying to buy the NK and announcing it is town enough that he's backburner for the mo'.

THESE issues have to go.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

FoS: SpyreX

A cop claim is a fine idea.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by Andrius »

**waiting for Cop to claim**
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:58 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Good attempt, Fishy, if a bit flawed.

If I were on the scumteam with the NK, how does blatantly rolefishing (i.e. something widely considered as a live grenade) benefit me and my partner? There's a high chance I get lynched, and a very low chance I actually get Andrius to cough up what his role is. One scum member for one power role in a game with many power roles? Unless Andius was scum, this is a suicidal move for scum. Even with that condition, this just gives town a better chance to catch the surviving scum members.

This also applies in the other scenario. While having a member of one scumteam "suggest" targets to the one that has the NK does have some merit, you again encounter the problem of sacrifice. You more than likely get yourself lynched, and
maybe
the other scumteam uses that kill to kill the power role instead of hunting for your surviving buddy. Again, how does this benefit the scum team suggesting the targets?

As for your problem with finding town motivation for my behavior, well, all I can say is that you need to think harder.
If you are scum, you clearly thought this play is the kind of thing you could justify doing as a town PR - and that explains your odd justifications to do with Andrius's alignment. Rolefishing when it looks plausibly townie is a good thing for scum to do, and I'm guessing that's what you thought here.

I've thought pretty hard about why you'd do what you did as town. I will do so again - perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I can't see any way in which you had any information about Andrius's alignment.

I think it's extraordinary that most of the town seem unconcerned with SK's blatant outing of a PR with no reason to do so.

I think I like the cop claim idea. The price is that the ability might fall into scum hands, but for that we get a result, which is well worth it.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Oh, and I don't like this from SK:
SaintKerrigan wrote:I agree that the cop should claim his result and then sell. *waits for people to jump on him again*
This draws a totally false link between this statement and his play early today.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”