vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:14 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Well now I have an alt.
VOTE: DP

For what dana pointed out.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Hammer vote: DP

If DP flips town, then I'm in full agreement with ooba's d3x, LMP, slicey connections/theory. I believe ooba to be town (which should be obvious) thus if I die tonight, LMP would have been my lynch choice for tomorrow. I still don't like some of the voter's on this wagon, but I don't like DP's claim and play even more. Let's see the flip!
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Well, screw you vez for beating me to it. ah well, he's dead and we bout to get a flip. FYI, vez, if you're town, you are one of the scummiest townies I've ever played with. Your hammer post is so scummy it's almost worth lynching you tomorrow over. You lurk and lurk and lurk and then POOF! hammer vote for someone's reasons. You are a notch above Blaze however if it makes you feel any better...
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Good luck town.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Die now pls scum. :D
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:05 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

My vote was hammer???????
OHHHHH. That's what happens when your 6 year old cousin bugs you to play with him.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Slicey »

Ooba, I don't understand, you keep saying me and LMP are scum because of our connections to d3x. Yet you don't want to lynch him, which would help prove your wrong theory, but would rather lynch me or LMP? I don't understand.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

d3x (2)
- Scott Brosius, Dragon Phoenix
wolframnhart (0)
-
ooba (0)
-
Kast (0)
-
Dragon Phoenix (7)
- Slicey, LynchMePls, d3x, Kast, danakillsu, bv310, vezokpiraka
Slicey (1)
- ooba
LynchMePls (0)
-
vezokpiraka (0)
-
Scott Brosius (0)
-
danakillsu (0)
-
Kthxbye (0)
-
bv310 (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (2)
- wolframnhart, Kthxbye

Looking for answers, the rebels focus their attention on Dragon Phoenix. He had survived countless battles and was one of the Alliances most decorated starfighter pilots, but unfortunately he wasn't going to survive this...

Dragon Phoenix was
Wedge Antilles
(Alliance Bulletproof)

It is now Night 6. Please submit night actions.

Deadline is June 22, ~ 1 pm PDT.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Kdub »

With the previous two nights relatively uneventful, the rebels are cautiously optimistic that the enemy spies in their midst may have decided to lay low for a while. However, it was not to be the case this night. They find signs of a struggle in the main courtyard the following morning, with the dead bodies of ooba and bv310 in the middle of it all. A quick investigation reveals that ooba was an Imperial spy, but the loss of bv310, who had been at the forefront of the Alliance's efforts, reminds the rebels that they still have work to do...

ooba was
Wilhuff Tarkin
(Imperial Interrogator)
, stabbed in the back Night 6.

bv310 was
Luke Skywalker
(Alliance Cop)
, tortured to death Night 6.

Day 7 has begun.

Vote Count

d3x (0)
-
wolframnhart (0)
-
Kast (0)
-
Slicey (0)
-
LynchMePls (0)
-
vezokpiraka (0)
-
Scott Brosius (0)
-
danakillsu (0)
-
Kthxbye (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (9)
- d3x, wolframnhart, Kast, Slicey, LynchMePls, vezokpiraka, Scott Brosius, danakillsu, Kthxbye

9 votes available, 5 votes needed to lynch.

Deadline is July 13, ~1 pm PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:01 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

SO we lynch d3x today and hope he's jabba scum ?

I want to hear from scott.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:43 am

Post by d3x »

Hey vezo- If that's the order of the Day, then why aren't you Voting me?
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Does anyone need MORE town flips that shows that d3x's claim does not fit with this flavor? My secondary choices today would be Slicey or LMP. Just some initial thoughts, I need to look at the past few days again.

vote: d3x

We got really lucky with ooba. I guess there are still 2 scum groups lurking with the 2 kills.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:18 am

Post by d3x »

I think we're missing a lot of posts {and partial posts} in MidGame. I just went to Iso ooba and after he came back into the game D4, he posted a breakdown of who he thought was Imperial/Scum Scum {towards the bottom of page 40}. I have the first part of that post and nothing more.
Scott wrote:Does anyone need MORE town flips that shows that d3x's claim does not fit with this flavor?
I can't wait for PostGame...

GTKAS - d3x
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 am

Post by bv310 »

They finally got me! Bah. Go Town!
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Kdub »

d3x wrote:I think we're missing a lot of posts {and partial posts} in MidGame. I just went to Iso ooba and after he came back into the game D4, he posted a breakdown of who he thought was Imperial/Scum Scum {towards the bottom of page 40}. I have the first part of that post and nothing more.
I will try to get this resolved, either by copying from the old forum or seeing if mith can fix it. If you notice any other posts that have this problem, let me know.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:44 am

Post by LimMePls »

vezokpiraka wrote:SO we lynch d3x today and hope he's jabba scum ?
Scum-tastic. I think we've been letting your scuminess slide too long as VI town. You are really starting to creep me out.

The ooba NK is awesome. Check this out:
Kdub wrote:ooba was Wilhuff Tarkin (
Imperial Interrogator
),
So Vader flips Imperial Roleblocker and ooba flips Imperial Interrogator (some form of scum cop I guess). We still suspect the Emperor is in the game as some form of Imperial GF. That means the scum teams are super powerful. We know the Jabba team had a GF and a tracker (kinda an investigation/cop sorta role). This means, if the two teams are structured similarly, the remaining Jabba member is some form of manipulator/blocker. I have a theory that I'm going to develop, it needs some ISO to firm it up. To give you all a taste of what's the come:

HOS: danakillsu
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Kast »

Hi all,
I'm kinda disappointed that we don't apparently have any doctor or any doctor who decided to protect BV.

Good job Scum on killing Ooba! Way to return that favor.

@Gut/Suspicion/Whatever-
Ooba flipping Tarkin as an "Imperial Interrogator" once again rings all kinds of bells that Dana's conviction that Tarkin was an Interrogator responsible for Jabba's death by Torture is based on private information.

LMP's "theory" about scum team symmetry also just made me realize that if Dana is a Scum manipulator of sorts, his bus driver claim is probably true (but not one shot), and it unclears the investigation on him, since the obvious move for a scum busdriver under suspicion is to swap himself with a known townie. This depends on whether the bus driver could self-target.

@Mod-

Do you allow a standard bus driver to select himself as one of his two targets?
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

d3x wrote:
Scott wrote:Does anyone need MORE town flips that shows that d3x's claim does not fit with this flavor?
I can't wait for PostGame...
Why? In the slim chance you are an e-wok, are you really that excited to rub it in my face that I was wrong? Really pro-town behavior. :roll:

I assume we should discredit ooba's fakeclaim theory given his flip.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Kast wrote:
@Gut/Suspicion/Whatever-
Ooba flipping Tarkin as an "Imperial Interrogator" once again rings all kinds of bells that Dana's conviction that Tarkin was an Interrogator responsible for Jabba's death by Torture is based on private information.
WIFOM ahead but why as emperor would dana give everyone else (especially given 2 scum groups) a hint about the Empire's setup.

To clarify my ooba comment above, it's possible (and would make more sense) that he made up his own fakeclaim to go along with the flavor. So anything he said about fakeclaims could have no basis at all.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Kdub »

Kast wrote:
@Mod-

Do you allow a standard bus driver to select himself as one of his two targets?
No.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:12 am

Post by d3x »

@Scott- What is the case against me? That my RoleName doesn't fit some theme that instantly makes me Scum? How the hell am I supposed to defend against that when I am telling the truth? Multiple cases have been built against me and I've responded to them {aside from ImpScumooba's which was really flippy and relied heavily on connections to players that are alive}. Your reaction is to thus Vote me based off of my RoleName while your contribution has been all but nill this game? I think you said it best...
Really pro-town behavior. :roll:

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:16 am

Post by d3x »

Has anyone else noticed that Scott's Lynch candidates match ooba's almost
identically
?

GTKAS - d3x
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Kast »

@Scott-
WIFOM ahead but why as emperor would dana give everyone else (especially given 2 scum groups) a hint about the Empire's setup.
Two thoughts:
-I did not speculate on Dana as Emperor; I explicitly speculated on Dana as a potential
Scum
manipulator. Your assumption similarly raises flags...I need to think about why you would make that assumption...
-WIFOM does not apply to your question unless you start off assuming there are no inherent (utility based) reasons for such behavior. There is an obvious reason; Dana as Emperor could gain more credibility and could setup himself for more plausible bussing against SoG and Ooba by pushing the Vader and Tarkin "hints".
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Kast »

Anyway, with mod answering the question in negative, I don't think that is as likely anymore.

-I don't think d3x's Wicket claim is inherently suspicious or flawed. I do think BV's death says something about d3x (probably BV's next target), though motivations exist for BOTH a mafia d3x AND a mafia team trying to frame d3x.
Show

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:55 am

Post by LimMePls »

danakillsu wrote:Here's a little setup speculation that may or may not be useful. The kill flavor that was used on Jabba clearly indicates Grand Moff Tarkin (the only man in the Empire who ever attempts to use torture). Since the Emperor simply has to be part of the Empire scumteam, there are at least two buddies of SOG out there. Jabba has a few possibilities of scumpals besides Greedo, but none that would absolutely have to be in this game, so I'd say there's probably one, but maybe none left on that team. Also, I'm here to answer questions, so if there are any I missed in my read, please let me know.
Hmm, that's interesting. He seems to be well aware that Grand Moff Tarkin is in the game and has a kill flavor of torturer/interrogator.
danakillsu wrote:I think I'm at L-1. I'll claim, then support my claim, then answer post 919. I'm Biggs Darklighter, Alliance Pilot (One-Shot Busdriver). I was able to switch any two players any one night so that the night actions that target one player instead target the other. (The reason it's one shot is because the Alliance is low on fuel, or so I am told). Anyhow, I didn't need to breadcrumb because SoG accidentally did it for me. He has a lot of posts on the subject, but mainly his iso post 31. He said he did not TARGET THC last night. Why did he put it this way even though we know for a fact that he did kill THC? Because that night, I switched THC and farside. I think anyone who believes it's between me and d3x should see clearly that he should be the one lynched, since all he has is a VT claim with no support.
And about post 919, it seems a bit ridiculous that you want me to say again that I was wrong. I was saying you calling my vote a blatant bandwagon vote wasn't backed up very well. I now think it was backed up well, although not well enough for it to be true.
Here's his claim. I'll spend the next few quotes explaining my observations. I admit that I bought his claim at first. I only started getting suspicious of him later when his play seemed desperate scum to me. With the ooba flip I'm now almost sure he is scum.
danakillsu wrote:I was thinking that Farside was just a VT, and so I thought it would be best if those who wanted THC (a mason) dead just killed Farside. Instead it ended up being the other way around. :( You might ask why I didn't switch THC with a scummy player, but I really had no scum candidates at the time.

Two possibilites.
1) The bounty didn't count as a night action.
2) The bounty was placed on farside, switched to THC, and then switched back because THC died.
I don't really know how this happened, of course. All I did was choose my targets. If I claimed to know exactly what went wrong, I'd be lying scum.
So he wants us to believe he 1-shot bus drivered THC and farside, which in and of itself made no sense as others pointed out. But even worse, when someone points out that the Jabba bounty should have been bus drivered too, he has to concoct some crazy "it wasn't a night action" story, and even more absurd is "or it switched but then because of the kill it switched back". WHAT!?!? That is laughable.
danakillsu wrote:Oh yeah, and this. I have enough fuel to fly to a nearby planet and return but that's it. So I draw the conclusion that the idea is that I'm transporting a player from my planet to a nearby one and returning with a different player that was on that planet. Is that what you were looking for?
As others have pointed out there are significant flavor problems with this description. None of the other pilots have said anything about low fuel in their flavor as a reason for the 1-shot power. Others have also pointed out that Biggs is a fighter pilot, not a transport ship pilot. Other 1-shot pilot abilities have made sense (Wes Jansen roleblock because he fired tow cables, Leia because of the "cease-fire", and Han because... well he's Han). X-wing pilots transporting players makes no sense.
danakillsu wrote:Look. I could have chosen another player, but they could very well have been someone better than farside, someone with an actual PR, which I was pretty sure farside didn't have. I thought I would be able to downgrade the mafia groups' choice of THC, a mason, to a VT.

This is stupid. Why wouldn't the other player be on the planet I'm flying to? That's just the idea behind my Night Action. It's not supposed to be something that would always happen in real life. That's the point of flavor. It's supposed to be coincidental. If you were to try to say that I screwed up my claim, this would not be a great way to try to prove it. This is just like asking why a busdriver is able to switch two players during the night.
Here he even illustrates some of the flavor problems with his claim, when we've seen incredibly good flavor fits for all the other PRs. Leia's mass RB, Wes Jansen's tow cable, Luke's investigates, Yoda's JOAT, Wedge's bulletproof, Vader's roleblocking, Jabba's bounties, Han's vig, Greedo's tracking... help me out if I've forgotten anything. All of these abilities are perfectly fitting to the characters. Biggs bus driver is not.
danakillsu wrote:Sort of, but not really. I wasn't actually planning on farside dying, although as I said in my claim post, I did want her dead instead of THC, if it came down to it. The difference is that if the scum tried to roleblock or do some sort of investigation on THC to see if he actually was a mason, they wouldn't accomplish anything. Also, I guess I didn't know for 100% sure that farside was a townie, since I didn't necessarily trust the investigation result. What all this is saying is that I didn't pull the trigger on farside, or even attempt to. I just realized that if worst came to worst, I didn't want THC dead, and I knew for sure that someone else would be better dead than THC: farside. Is it at all unclear what I'm saying, because it's obvious when you understand what I did that it had a very good chance of helping the town a lot. But the best laid plans of mice and men...
Here he flounders around for some excuse to his obvious terrible claim that he bus drivered farside and THC. Also, he suggests that he wants to throw off scum investigators. Why on Night 1 would he have suspected scum investigators? Did we have any reason to know that a scum investigator would exist? We didn't see Greedo flip until day 2. Also, with claimed masons in the game why would the scum have even targeted farside to get swapped to THC? THC or wolf would have been a more natural target for an NK.
danakillsu wrote:I'm glad you thought about this, but I can't tell you any more than I have. :) Do you guys all have really complex flavor PM's? (It's rhetorical, don't answer if you don't want to) I sure don't. I'm not going to just make up something that's not in my PM and have it shot down by whatever people who know Star Wars better than I do.
Here he tries to wave off the flavor problems by saying he doesn't have a complex flavor PM. Well, I'll say it, my flavor PM makes perfect sense. Kdub did an excellent job with PMs, and they have a good amount of flavor to them. I now believe dana messed up the flavor because the scum have fake name claims, but not full fake PMs. Look at the WreckStar and hp flavor claims and how terrible they were.
danakillsu wrote:3) Darth Vader and I both had roleblocking/redirection abilities, so I don't really see another roleblocker anyway.
Jackpot! Why is this so incredible? Because there WAS ALREADY ANOTHER TOWN CONFIRMED RB in farside. Why does dana lump himself with Darth Vader in this post, but leave out farside? I believe this was a massive scum slip. I remember observing it at the time, but I didn't register it as scummy, just being forgetful. Only now, with the current evidence from the ooba flip did this click into place.

Add all of this together plus dana's incredible scummy play, and I suspect that dana is not Biggs Darklighter 1-shot bus driver. I suspect dana is some Jabba character that is a redirector. He redirected bv to an innocent townie (most likely back to bv himeself, or maybe wolf), and thus got an innocent result.

ISO dana's play please, pay particular attention to the day when he was the lynch discussion. He was so scummy that day it was ridiculous. Here are a few of the gems. The only thing that saved his ass was Blaze's lying. Also note that earlier in the game he tried to insinuate that bv310 could be scum, and only retracted that statement when we pointed out how scummy it was. Then later, when he does get investigated, he wraps himself in the cloak of investigation as a reason we can't be suspicious of him, even though he continues to be scummy.

I'd like to hear everyone else's thought on this, but I'm convinced.
Vote: danakillsu

Time to die scum.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”