Newbie 962 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tidher
Tidher
Townie
Tidher
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 am

Post by Tidher »

Oooh, we're back, are we? Anyway, unfortunately I've got the joy of moving house these next couple of days, so
V/LA until Tuesday
. It's a pain, I know...hopefully this'll be the last time that I'm without internet for a reasonably prolonged time for a while. Will let you know if it gets sorted early.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

VOTE: Kleed

He seems to have disappeared, perhaps I missed a V/LA but I don't think so. And a little pressure never hurt anyone.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
kindred_spirit
kindred_spirit
Townie
kindred_spirit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:10 am

Post by kindred_spirit »

hey AGar

no one seems to be around yet hope people come soon
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:13 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Instead of waiting for people to get here why don't you show some insight on what you think? Like who are your suspects? I haven't heard a lot from you and think you need to be a little more into this game.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:48 am

Post by AGar »

Kindred, it'd be wonderful to get some input from you, I've seen very little from you so far.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

kindred_spirit
(0)
Kleedrac
(1) - Robocopter87
Remy
(0)
Tidher
(0)
AGar
(0)
Cove
(0)
Robocopter87
(0)

Not voting
(6) - kindred_spirit, Kleedrac, Remy, Tidher, AGar, Cove

With 7 alive, 4 votes will achieve a lynch.

Deadline for Day 2 is
July 8th.

Prodding Kleedrac, Remy, and Cove.
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Kleedrac »

I'm back! Sorry about my unannounced absense but my basement was flooding and other real life frustrations prevented me from being here. I got replaced in the other game I was playing and hoped that with this game in night phase I'd be back before it opened (I wasn't) but with most of it cleared up (well still some water down here but we've got a dehumidifier running round the clock) I can come back and play! I wasn't overly suspicious of Vrtra so welcome Agar :) TBQH I just re-read the thread and although a few things are pinging my gut as scummy nothing worthy of building a case I'm afraid. What do we make of GT's final post? I had chocked it up to flailing till he flipped Town.
Lookin' smug since 1979
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

I think it would have been smarter to let him actually say his final suspicions. But nooooo, Mister Eagermcbeaver had to hammer him. And we lost the cop too.

Speaking of which, Having a Cop flip means a few things, he might have been the only power role in this game or there could be a doc too if I'm correct. If there is a Doc, don't claim or anything unless we ask for one. I know the whole role speculation thing is kinda suspicious but we have to notify the possible doc of what we need from him if there is one.

Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Cove »

I'm here, was away for the weekend, left Thursday. Going to bed now, will try to get something up in the morning.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:21 am

Post by AGar »

I'm awaiting Cove's post with great eagerness. This thread just generally needs more activity people.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Cove »

I've come across a rough patch with my research. I am going to have to ask to be replaced, and I'm doing so in both of my games. My supervisor comes into my office every few hours and adds more work to my plate so I just don't get the time.

Sorry about this.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

pfft.

This is bad people, we need activity. Like a lot.

AGar! Activate the ask everyone a completly random question that is semi relevant to this game button!
In other words, I think I saw in the game I was reading with you that you asked everyone a random question but in RVS. Could you do that now with a little more relativity to the game itself but still a little random? I would do it myself but I simply don't have the time.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:22 am

Post by AGar »

Robocopter87 wrote:pfft.

This is bad people, we need activity. Like a lot.

AGar! Activate the ask everyone a completly random question that is semi relevant to this game button!
In other words, I think I saw in the game I was reading with you that you asked everyone a random question but in RVS. Could you do that now with a little more relativity to the game itself but still a little random? I would do it myself but I simply don't have the time.
Uhh... ok. I do do that, but it yields fruits in the RVS, I'm not sure if it would be too effective here. This game is hardcore polluted with lurkers. 3 days since Kleedrac posted, not quite 72 hours though. 4 days + since Kindred_Spirit posted. Tidher's due in today. Cove's being replaced. Remy's yet to post since day broke (6 days).

This game needs some hardcore replacements, asap.

With that said, here goes nothing.

@RoboCopter87 - What is your thought on the general lack of activity in this game?
@Kleedrac - Do you feel losing the cop on N1 was a big detriment to the town or not?
@Tidher - What is your feeling on policy lynches in general, and specifically towards Lynch-All-Lurkers?
@Cove's Replacement - Do you agree with Cove's stance on the power of the vote, or do you feel it was overblown?
@Remy - Knowing GT's flip and then the AKR nk/flip, if you were a one-shot dayvig with the ability to kill one player in the game right now, who would it be?
@Kindred_Spirit - What is your feeling on policy lynches in general, and specifically towards Lynch-All-Liars?

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

What is my thought on general lack of discussion?

-Being the IC, I think it is the single most stupidest and worst thing for the town.
Seriously, Scum don't even have to talk because everyone else isn't. There is still TWO scum out there. TWO. And they aren't even getting a smudge of suspicion because of lack of activity, this is very bad for the Town. Very Bad. That is my stance, that is why asked you to question people. Also, I asked you to see if PWALOALL. (Will tell what this means later.)

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Crazy »

Cove and Remy will be replaced.

kindred_spirit has been prodded.

Vote Count is the same.
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Kleedrac »

AGar wrote:@Kleedrac - Do you feel losing the cop on N1 was a big detriment to the town or not?
It was as big a detriment as losing any other townie. The cop is a dangerous role to have, should he use his investigation results to drive a bandwagon (assuming sanity) he will most certainly be night killed afterwards. The biggest upside to losing the cop is we have another clue about the setup of the game, we know we have power roles so that eliminates one setup, we know we had a cop so that eliminates the doc-only setup. Sadly this is more telling for the scum side, but any clues on setup are a bit more helpful to the town's understanding of the game. And for my question to you; Do you feel that with all the replacements in an already newbie setup game this will help or hinder the town?
Lookin' smug since 1979
Tidher
Tidher
Townie
Tidher
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am

Post by Tidher »

All: my internet connection is nigh-on non-existant. Apparently the place I moved to hasn't heard of the word "broadband". Funtimes. Basically, I've got an hour walk to the library every time I want to check my emails and what not. So yeah...will try to pop in to town every couple of days, but I'm going to have to
V/LA until further notice
(i.e. until I can get this blasted thing sorted). Apologies again.

In answer to the question, see this post.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Whoa, Tidher, if you can't handle this dude, get replaced. Unless you think you can, and that you will post often. But with all your V/LAs is really hurting the Town. And then when you get your situation sorted out you can /in for another game if you'd like.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:37 am

Post by AGar »

Kleedrac wrote:
AGar wrote:@Kleedrac - Do you feel losing the cop on N1 was a big detriment to the town or not?
It was as big a detriment as losing any other townie. The cop is a dangerous role to have, should he use his investigation results to drive a bandwagon (assuming sanity) he will most certainly be night killed afterwards. The biggest upside to losing the cop is we have another clue about the setup of the game, we know we have power roles so that eliminates one setup, we know we had a cop so that eliminates the doc-only setup. Sadly this is more telling for the scum side, but any clues on setup are a bit more helpful to the town's understanding of the game. And for my question to you; Do you feel that with all the replacements in an already newbie setup game this will help or hinder the town?
I'll say openly I don't like the tone of this post. It basically skirted the question and brushed around what I was getting at.

As for your question to me - I feel that the replacements will have a slightly positive effect on the town. It's going to hurt to have different players occupying up to 4 slots in the game, but the upside is greater in the fact that activity will become more of the norm and that helps the town more than the new players will hurt it.

@Tidher - Being on constant V/LA is a major problem for the town. I hate to be pushy, but we need players who can be active and make sure they can get to a computer at least daily for the most part...

Tidher
Tidher
Townie
Tidher
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Tidher »

Understood...I thought the silly situations would stop soon, but that's life for you. With the relatively crappy level of activity from others (lurky little buggers that some of them are), having someone more active fill my perpetually V/LA slot would definitely make more sense. Kind of sucks, but:

@mod: requesting replacement due to prolonged irritating internet issues

Apologies to all, I look forward to playing with you all again soon!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:50 am

Post by AGar »

Tidher wrote:Understood...I thought the silly situations would stop soon, but that's life for you. With the relatively crappy level of activity from others (lurky little buggers that some of them are), having someone more active fill my perpetually V/LA slot would definitely make more sense. Kind of sucks, but:

@mod: requesting replacement due to prolonged irritating internet issues

Apologies to all, I look forward to playing with you all again soon!
Sorry bro.

Look forward to playing with you too.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Its Okay Tidher, you did the right thing, Mafia will still be here when your all settled down.

I think you would do good in this game, so I do look forward to playing with you in the future.

Also, I'm just going to say that Kleed did answer pretty fast. I think he was just not talking not unable to talk, I think he was active lurking and that is seriously scummy. I think my vote is well placed right now.

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Crazy »

Cove
has mysteriously transformed into
Nobody Special

Vote Count:

kindred_spirit
(0)
Kleedrac
(1) - Robocopter87
Remy
(0)
Tidher
(0)
AGar
(0)
Nobody Special
(0)
Robocopter87
(0)

Not voting
(6) - kindred_spirit, Kleedrac, Remy, Tidher, AGar, Nobody Special

With 7 alive, 4 votes will achieve a lynch.

Deadline for Day 2 is
July 8th.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Hi. I'm up to page 4ish; can't promise anything tonight but... well, yeah, I might be up late.

Anyway, those of you that know me, hi! -- those of you that don't, hi!
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

I know you! I "technically" played in a game with you but you were already dead when I replaced. We also had that Vengeful but neither game really showed my playstyle to you and your playstyle to me. So I look forward to your analysis.

Games kinda been bad, Day One was shaky, with only fights between me and AKR that totally ruled the Day and we ended up killing GT out of it all.
Then Lost AKR and he flipped Cop so that sucked.
Then page 11 took 5!!!! DAYS to get through, thats how much activity there is. And I'm pretty sure this might be page 12's first post.
In other words, I hope you are an active player and will help spark this game and get a nice fire going.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”