Newbie 960 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:40 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Skill006 wrote:Don't really like your reasons for voting king d here. I kind of see what you mean with that first part with him belittling that type of voting pattern, but I see it more as indicative of playstyle and what he prefers votes be used for than a scum tell. I rarely see scum belittle something that hinders there intentions like that. Same with the second part, for that matter.
I find it interesting that the post of mine you question is the same one where later I throw your name out as a suspect. OMGUS? Also interesting that you did not address my issue with your different play from our previous game and your inability to find anything scummy except with Memnon?

I would have much less of a problem with imkingdavid if he just stated that he is very careful with his votes. But to encourage others not to make a stance until the deadline and subtly make fun of those trying to get some pressure out there using their votes is just scummy.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:22 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

K, so that's a lynch. You all string up imkingdavid. He was a
Townie

Night 1 begins... now! Power roles have until Tuesday, June 22 @ 6:00 pm CST to get your moves in.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Day 2 rolls around, and everyone gathers at town square.

Everyone but... Memnon!

Memnon has been killed. Memnon was the Town Cop.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Bah!

Go town. :)
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:15 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Andrew, who did you protect Night 1?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:43 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Right now I'm thinking Equinox and maybe Skill as scum, if not Skill then I could see Nom as her partner.

Vote: Equinox

Equinox, I want to know your suspects and why they are your suspects. I want to see scum hunting and lots of it. With IKD's flip you are my top suspect by quite aways.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Equinox »

I said before that I had things I couldn't say until Day 2. That night kill is the reason. I had my doubts about Memnon's cop claim, so I'd planned on lynching the cop to confirm whatever result he had before proceeding to LyLo. Well, I guess that plan is shot, which is better for me.

I'm going to wait for andrew94's response before I say anything else.

Well, Sotty7, here's my answer:

Vote: Skill006

Last night's flip has not only shot down my epic Day 2 plans for mislynching the cop but also shot down the benefit of the doubt I'd given Skill006. Today is Day 2, so whatever Skill006 had to say needs to come out now, particularly regarding the reverse lynch list and the need to wait until Day 2 before deciding on who is scum.

I am amused that you're implying I bussed NomDePlume in Day 1. I'll admit, the rapid vote and unvote does appear to be a bussing attempt. It's not... mainly because I know I'm not scum, but you wouldn't know that, so yeah.
ToG
ToG
Townie
ToG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:43 am

Post by ToG »

Why are you all interested in Andrew94 doc target ?

It will only show his top town player... nothing else... pretty useless question for a town player...
/tog
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:49 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

ToG wrote:Why are you all interested in Andrew94 doc target ?

It will only show his top town player... nothing else... pretty useless question for a town player
I disagree with the underlined and would like to see Andrew's answer before I clarify why.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:54 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

easjo, please give us your top 2 suspects ASAP, and who you plan to vote for.

Concerned, where are you leaning with your unvote?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:55 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

I Am Innocent wrote:easjo, please give us your top 2 suspects ASAP, and who you plan to vote for.

Concerned, where are you leaning with your unvote?
IGNORE!!!! WRONG GAME. That is what I get for having 2 browsers open... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:31 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Equinox wrote:
Last night's flip has not only shot down my epic Day 2 plans for mislynching the cop
but also shot down the benefit of the doubt I'd given Skill006.
Can you explain what you mean by the bold?

As for bussing, I wasn't really thinking about that honestly and was just listing my top suspects. I have bussed my partners hard before so I'm not willing to 100% discount it, but I will concede that a Nom/Skill team does work better on first impressions.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Skill006 »

Equinox wrote: Well, Sotty7, here's my answer:

Vote: Skill006

Last night's flip has not only shot down my epic Day 2 plans for mislynching the cop but also shot down the benefit of the doubt I'd given Skill006. Today is Day 2, so whatever Skill006 had to say needs to come out now, particularly regarding the reverse lynch list and the need to wait until Day 2 before deciding on who is scum.
Its not that I needed to wait until day 2 to figure out who the scum are, there were only a couple of people I wanted to wait on day 2 for (IKD{now dead}, andrew, and equinox). The "reverse lynch order" was an answer to sotty's question, anyway, it wasn't supposed to be a replacement for a top suspect list.
I am Innocent wrote:I find it interesting that the post of mine you question is the same one where later I throw your name out as a suspect. OMGUS? Also interesting that you did not address my issue with your different play from our previous game and your inability to find anything scummy except with Memnon?
...I actually have no good reason for ignoring your case on me. I've been doing it with everyone though (in this thread, that is) I think I have been, anyway.

My play has been a lot worse from our last game, I'll admit that. But let's face it, Newbie 950 was not a hard game to look good in. There were two lurkers (the townie I knew to be a great lurker, anyway), two VIs, and a bunch of obv town :/

Other people have pointed fingers at me too. I don't think you were the first one. And you certainly wouldn't be the person I would...OMGUS (I don't think that's meant to be a verb :? ). I really just didn't like the reason :/ (and its not as if I'm suspicious of you for that, either, so I wouldn't even classify that as OMGUS).
I am Innocent wrote:I would have much less of a problem with imkingdavid if he just stated that he is very careful with his votes. But to encourage others not to make a stance until the deadline and subtly make fun of those trying to get some pressure out there using their votes is just scummy.
I didn't see it as "encouraging people not to take a stance." In fact, I'm pretty sure he meant that people
should
take a stance, and then vote. On the making fun note, well, I have seen town do it before to make a point. Just seems like a personality thing, not really a scumtell, which is why I thought it was a weak reason to vote him.

I'm starting to get more suspicious of equinox, less suspicious of sotty, and just a tad bit of IAI, but not too much (though I know we shouldn't turn a blind eye to him).
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:41 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Skill006 wrote:Actually, I'm relatively ok with the king d lynch. I don't think he's scum, but I think his lynch will provide a lot of information (a lot more than a policy lynch of andrew, anyway :P ).
Can you tell us what information the king d lynch has given you?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Equinox »

Only going to respond to Sotty7's post -- no time to do much else.
Equinox wrote:Last night's flip has not only shot down my epic Day 2 plans for mislynching the cop
I'll explain why I planned to lynch the cop claim.

I've been in two games with 2 false cop claims. One claimed in Lylo, so we didn't have much to do there (940). One claimed before Lylo; my biggest regret there is we didn't lynch him but instead took him at his word when someone else flipped (945). I read a thread/post (forgot which and where) in MD that proposed the idea of lynching the claimed cop post-Day 1 to 1) confirm the existence of the cop, 2) confirm the investigation result or non-result, and 3) lynch the lying scumbag if s/he wasn't actually cop.

Be back with more tomorrow, though I suspect I'm going to be the lynch of the day. I do not object; I'll simply post as much crud as I can and let y'all sort it out in Lylo.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by andrew94 »

is there a need to ask who i protected? it is obvious
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:18 am

Post by Equinox »

andrew94 wrote:is there a need to ask who i protected? it is obvious
Please answer the question. Obviously, it's not so obvious.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:57 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Equinox wrote:Only going to respond to Sotty7's post -- no time to do much else.
Equinox wrote:Last night's flip has not only shot down my epic Day 2 plans for mislynching the cop
I'll explain why I planned to lynch the cop claim.

I've been in two games with 2 false cop claims. One claimed in Lylo, so we didn't have much to do there (940). One claimed before Lylo; my biggest regret there is we didn't lynch him but instead took him at his word when someone else flipped (945). I read a thread/post (forgot which and where) in MD that proposed the idea of lynching the claimed cop post-Day 1 to 1) confirm the existence of the cop, 2) confirm the investigation result or non-result, and 3) lynch the lying scumbag if s/he wasn't actually cop.
So if the Doctor was killed last night, and the claimed Cop said he had been roleblocked, you don't think it would be best to look for the roleblocker first? Wouldn't a dead roleblocker at that point + no Cop CC = confirmed innocent?
Equinox wrote:Be back with more tomorrow, though I suspect I'm going to be the lynch of the day. I do not object; I'll simply post as much crud as I can and let y'all sort it out in Lylo.
Your AtE is off the charts. Every time I start to get a town read on you, you post something like this. Stick to discussion and scumhunting please.
Equinox wrote:
andrew94 wrote:is there a need to ask who i protected? it is obvious
Please answer the question. Obviously, it's not so obvious.
Yes, please answer the question andrew.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:09 am

Post by Equinox »

We're in a semi-open setup. No one is confirmed. Sometimes, there are no counterclaims because no one who is town-aligned can do so legitimately. This is what happened in 945, actually; doctor died on Night 3 and scum cop claimed roleblock on Day 4. Both scum flipped goon. That was a very hard lesson I would not like to repeat.

Also, that's not an appeal to emotion. I'm not asking you to not lynch me; I just said I wouldn't object to my own lynch because it would give town information. Lynching someone else who flips town will just screw us all over in Lylo when Sotty7 is certain that I'm scum, and I know I'm not.

In case someone accuses me of lurking: I saw that Skill006 responded, but I can't answer that until I get full access back. Refer to signature. I'm only answering direct questions and accusations that can be answered within one short post while popping in and out. I only have access until about 10 minutes or so, and I'd like to get back to other business that needs to be taken care of online.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i protected memnon at night happy?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Equinox »

I wonder why andrew94 is acting so defensive over this question... Something feels off, but I don't know what it is. I'll need to investigate as the day goes on, since I can't get a read off andrew94's Day 1 play.

Anyway, I will answer ToG:
ToG wrote:Why are you all interested in Andrew94 doc target ?
What we need to know is what happened during Night 1. The cop should not have died during Night 1, so we're asking andrew94 to tell us who he protected and then talk about possible scenarios. The claimed doctor has confirmed that he visited Memnon last night, so a few things are possible here:

1) The roleblocker chose to block the doctor while the mafia team killed the cop.
2) andrew94 is not the doctor and claimed only for self-preservation.

Again, we are in a semi-open setup, so nothing is confirmed. Always remember this.

I'm going to allow myself a little bit of WIFOM speculation here, only because it's something I'm going to personally look into. I'm going to assume, for now, that andrew94 really is doctor and tried to protect Memnon. Roleblocking the doctor and killing the cop is sort of an odd thing to do, considering that not everyone bought Memnon's claim. (At least, I didn't, hence my willingness previously to lynch him to prove his alignment.) Off-site experience suggests this is something an inexperienced scum team would do: Kill the cop at all costs. That's just me, though.

To respond to Skill006:
Skill006 wrote:Its not that I needed to wait until day 2 to figure out who the scum are, there were only a couple of people I wanted to wait on day 2 for
I was under the impression you didn't have anyone else at all. From a quick skim in isolation, you only mentioned three people: andrew94, Equinox, and imkingdavid. IIRC, you didn't want to lynch any of them on Day 1.
Skill006 wrote:I'm starting to get more suspicious of equinox, less suspicious of sotty, and just a tad bit of IAI, but not too much (though I know we shouldn't turn a blind eye to him).
That looks better.

===

...okay. So, I officially need to do some isolation reading. That's going to have to wait for a couple of days, though, since my unexpected V/LA has put me way behind in everything and I need to prioritize. I hope to get everything ready before the 72-hour mark.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Equinox wrote:
I'm going to allow myself a little bit of WIFOM speculation here, only because it's something I'm going to personally look into. I'm going to assume, for now, that andrew94 really is doctor and tried to protect Memnon. Roleblocking the doctor and killing the cop is sort of an odd thing to do, considering that not everyone bought Memnon's claim. (At least, I didn't, hence my willingness previously to lynch him to prove his alignment.) Off-site experience suggests this is something an inexperienced scum team would do: Kill the cop at all costs. That's just me, though.
aka me? inexperienced? what are you trying to hint here?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:06 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Equinox wrote:
Skill006 wrote:I'm starting to get more suspicious of equinox, less suspicious of sotty, and just a tad bit of IAI, but not too much (though I know we shouldn't turn a blind eye to him).
That looks better.

===

...okay. So, I officially need to do some isolation reading. That's going to have to wait for a couple of days, though, since my unexpected V/LA has put me way behind in everything and I need to prioritize. I hope to get everything ready before the 72-hour mark.
how does that look better? anyone
can write that
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:23 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Here are the possible ways roles may be distributed
:
5 Townies, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker
6 Townies, 1 Cop, 2 Mafia Goons
With a dead confirmed cop, we are down to two possible setups.

The first scenario could be split up 2 ways:
1) Memnon Cop, Andrew Doctor, Roleblocker and Goon <> Andrew
2) Memnon Cop, Doctor <> Andrew, Roleblocker and Goon includes Andrew

The second scenario implies:
3) Memnon Cop & Andrew as one of the Goons.

#2 seems unlikely because D1 after Andrew's claim, both Equinox and I said if there is a real doctor, stay quiet and continue to protect Memnon. If the instructions were followed, the Mafia Roleblocker would have had to block the hidden doctor as Memnon was not protected, which seems very unlikely.

Since #2 seems very unlikely, I think we need to officially rule out #2 by having the six players not named Andrew come forward and say whether they are the Doctor or not. If #2 is really the setup and we have a hidden Doctor out there, chances are the Mafia knows who it is. So might as well get a one for one trade in this setup and proceed from there.

Any disagreements out there about having people CC Doctor?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I'm sick right now so please excuse my drop in posts. I'm hoping it is something that I can shake pretty quickly.

I don't see why it is so important to get out of Andrew who he protected. He is either scum and is lying or he is town and was role blocked. Right now I have zero desire to lynch Andrew, I think there are scummier people around. Of course, if Andrew isn't really the Doc and the real one
is
out there, they should have claimed already. Hell they should have countered yesterday so we could have lynched Andrew then.

But right now I am finding IAI and Equinox scummy for set up speculation and seemingly wanting to lynch our doc for reasons I don't understand.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”