Mini 982 - The Mars Volta Mafia(Game Over)

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Incognito »

Is that vote count/FoS count correct? Cuz if it is, my head's gonna spin.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Seraphim »

Seraphim wrote:
My vote counts are, as always, perfect and pristine.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Incognito »

All right... so either we have a double voter/double FoS-er or maybe when someone reaches a vote total, it's impossible for them to lose the maximum number of votes they've accumulated so far.

Lemme try something.
unvote
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Incognito »

Mod:
Can we get a new vote count please since it's a new page?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Parama »

So then... one of Zaj/Zito is a doublevoter and Doom is a double FoSer?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:01 am

Post by Incognito »

Well, let's see what happens now that I've unvoted. If Doombunny stays at 1 vote, then it's my second hypothesis.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Parama »

Incog, SK already had 3 votes earlier in the day and is at 0 now, so your hypothesis can't be true.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Incognito »

Oh you're right. But then SK never reached 4 votes either even though Papa Z and Zajnet (who, one of which, we think is a double voter) voted him.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Parama »

0_o

Doombunny is the root of all this voting madness anyways. I think he needs to explain. Weird stuff only started happening once he voted. Maybe your voting theory is right, but only for him.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Seraphim »

"The ocean floor is hidden from your viewing lens
A depth perception languished in the night
All my life I've been sewing the wounds
But the seeds sprout a lachrymal cloud"

Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus, Frances the Mute

Vote Count:

Parama(0) -
Incognito(0) -
Netopalis(0) -
Zajnet(0) -
SaintKerrigan(0) -
Me=Weird(3)
-
Papa Zito(1)
- Zajnet, Papa Zito
Doombunny9(0) - Doombunny9

Not Voting(5) - Netopalis, SaintKerrigan, Me=Weird, Parama, Incognito

FoS Count:

Parama(0) - Parama
Incognito(0) -
Netopalis(0) -
Zajnet(0) -
SaintKerrigan(2)
-
Me=Weird(0) - Doombunny9
Papa Zito(0) -
Doombunny9(1)
-

Not FoSing(6) - Zajnet, Incognito, Netopalis, SaintKerrigan, Me=Weird, Papa Zito

Deadline: July 10th, 2010 6:00pm CST
With 8 alive, it is 5 to lynch
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Parama »

crap,
unFoS, FoS: Parama
----> Doombunny

That was my bad, forgot about your FoS. Dear God, I'm turning into Tar.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Incognito »

vote: Parama
-----> Doombunny
FoS: Me=Weird
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Incognito »

And by Me=Weird, I mean SaintK lol.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:55 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Ok, I know mounting a Zajnet counterwagon against the Ani wagon looks bad. Believe me, I wouldn't do it if I didn't think I had a good reason. To explain it, however, I pretty much have to fullclaim, because it's because of role-related information that I led a Zajnet charge yesterday. So here it goes:
Seraphim wrote:
Cedric Bixler-Zavala (from Real Life)

A human! A human! I cried out from my hiding place but he did not notice. Much later, I would realize he was a member of the band that had conjured these spirits and therefore trapped in its confines as much as the others. He seemed to be interacting with them, as if he knew who the spirits were. His kept pointing his finger shakily at them, first this one, now that one, never ceasing, never ending. Perhaps he knew which of these spirits were meant to be banished? Or perhaps he was merely a madman confined within a prison of madness...

As Cedric Bixler-Zavala, you have the ability to investigate one player at night. Barring any external influences, you will be told that player's role name and alignment (town, anti-town, neutral). You also have the ability to communicate with your bandmate, Omar Rodríguez-López, here: [quicktopic link removed to avoid modkill]. You are not required to use your playername though you may if you wish. Your bandmate's alignment may or may not be your own.

You win when the power of the White triumphs.
So basically, I'm a Cop that also detects role names. I did some breadcrumbing about my role back on Day 1.
SaintKerrigan wrote:Seems like I know some of you already (hi Incog, Doom, Animorph, Parama, Me=Weird, and MME).
Looking forward to getting to know the rest of ya!
SaintKerrigan wrote:@ MME: I hope that stance on the Zaj case was merely a misread and not a properly-researched opinion.
Because that means we'll need to look into you tomorrow...
SaintKerrigan wrote:Zaj is currently the most popular of my three lynchables,
and I can look into the other two later.
Today, it's Zaj-day!
On Night 1, I investigated Zajnet, and I got his rolename (Copernicus) and his alignment (anti-town). So I started out the day by breadcrumbing a guilty on Zajnet.
SaintKerrigan wrote:Zaj needs to claim his watch result in his first post.
After that, we have some discussion, and then we lynch him.
Then Zajnet reported his watch, and stuff happened. In response, I tried to get a counterwagon going on Zajnet, while simultaneously trying to avoid revealing that I had got a guilty on him (outed cops make for lovely NK targets). However, as time went on I began to wonder whether I was sane or not, especially after the mod wouldn't confirm my sanity. The choice for me now was: claim and get Zaj lynched to see what happened, or switch to Ani and hope he was as scum as his behavior implied. I finally decided to go with Ani.

Thankfully, he was scum. But something seemed off: he flipped as something entirely different from what he said he was. This had implications on my investigation on Zaj, whose role name wasn't similar to Ani's scum role name. So I investigated myself on N2, and I came up with my own rolename, and anti-town. So, I'm definitely not sane. Whether I'm insane or paranoid is not yet determined. If Zaj is indeed scum, then the namecop part is lying to me as well. But it more likely means that Zaj is town at the moment.

So that's why I need to take another look at Zaj, because yesterday I was mostly driven by my guilty. Now I'm not entirely sure that he's guilty, but I'm also not entirely sure he's innocent.

Additionally: Yes, MME was my buddy Omar. And this is where shit gets fucked up: he also had an investigative ability. He gave out one-shot investigations to other people, who could use them any time after the night they received them. I currently have one, but I don't know if it's sane or not. I'll likely be using it tonight, to see what I get. I'm also not sure how many investigation MME had to give; we didn't talk about that aspect of his role.

Neto: Are you certain that information on M=W given to you by the mod can be trusted? Especially with the craziness that's been happening lately?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Incognito »

In response to SaintK's stuff...

a)
I don't really see why your alignment information would come back as "town", "anti-town", or "neutral" when town alignments at least have been classified as "White". Why wouldn't the alignment info you receive come back in the same form? Also, what was the exact result that you got about Zajnet's and your own alignment?
b)
I don't at all see why you wouldn't just claim Yesterday - I mean, yeah, if you're telling the truth you're pretty much lining yourself up to be an NK target, but according to you, you had a surefire "anti-town" result on someone about a Day before what looked to be potential LyLo. Assuming ani flipped White, how likely did you think it would be that you'd actually be believed come Day 3?
and
z)
did MME give you the present investigation that you plan on using Tonight?

Looking through MME's isolation, I'm noticing that he didn't really mention much about you, which could lend support to your claim. But as your quoted role PM mentions, your alignments weren't guaranteed to one another.

-~-~-~-~-~

Would like to see Me=Weird pipe in about anything, btw. He's been silent since Day's start even though he's posted elsewhere on the site.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:50 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Incognito wrote:I don't really see why your alignment information would come back as "town", "anti-town", or "neutral" when town alignments at least have been classified as "White". Why wouldn't the alignment info you receive come back in the same form?

I dunno. You'd have to ask the mod.
Incognito wrote:Also, what was the exact result that you got about Zajnet's and your own alignment?
If you mean quote my results PMs, I'd have to clear that with the mod (since as far as I can tell only Role PMs may be quoted). I believe I have told you everything about it other than that.
Incognito wrote:I don't at all see why you wouldn't just claim Yesterday - I mean, yeah, if you're telling the truth you're pretty much lining yourself up to be an NK target, but according to you, you had a surefire "anti-town" result on someone about a Day before what looked to be potential LyLo. Assuming ani flipped White, how likely did you think it would be that you'd actually be believed come Day 3?
It was not a surefire anti-town result. Like I said, I was doubting my sanity, not to mention Ani was just acting horrendously scummy. And sure, Ani flipping town would be really bad for my credibility, but so would me claiming and Zaj flipping town. There were bad possibilities on both sides of the equation, and it took me a long while to decide which course was better. In the end, I ignored my guilty and went with the scummier person. Now we have dead scum and I know that I can't trust my investigations.
Incognito wrote:did MME give you the present investigation that you plan on using Tonight?
Yes, he did. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Dunno why I'm a double FoSer, probably just mod mindfuckery. I, like most of you have no fucking idea what's going on with the votes.

Also, SK- What did you and MME talk about last night and the night before? Anything that might be of some use?
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Sorry, Incog. The votes shift and stuff has been confusing. Vote shift makes my head hurt.
I like this game. Anytime the mod randomly decides to confirm is fine by me. There are a few possibilities about why it happened. Mysterious rule 8, the mod is weird, MME gave an investigation to neto(I doubt it, he didn't say anything about it), or part of my role that the mod didn't tell me about. I think doom might be another scum, but I can't provide solid reasoning yet, maybe tomorrow.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Incognito »

SK, I don't really get why you'd doubt your sanity at that point. It just doesn't make much sense to me.

Me=Weird, we're all dealing with the vote shifting. That's not an excuse to lurk. I'm eager to see your eventual analysis of Doombunny.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Incognito wrote:SK, I don't really get why you'd doubt your sanity at that point. It just doesn't make much sense to me.
Maybe because I'd gotten a one-shot alignment investigation from MME? Two cop-like abilities in the same game hints at the possibility that at least one of them isn't sane. The mod not confirming sanity lends further suspicion in that direction.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

EBWOP:
Doombunny9 wrote:Also, SK- What did you and MME talk about last night and the night before? Anything that might be of some use?
Pregame we chatted a bit and decided to make a little game to see which of us guessed who the other was first (both of us were under aliases). N1 we pretty much dropped the game, I revealed my true identity, and he had a plan to use his one-shot investigation. I got the investigation, but wasn't allowed to use it that night, so I breadcrumbed something to that effect in thread. N2 he and I chatted a bit more, I told him I needed to check on something (my sanity), he offered to help, I said I had it covered. We talked a bit about suspicions in pregame (there was a 72-hour window at the beginning of the game where we could still talk) and on N1. He said something about Incognito was getting him (gut-related, mostly), and when I asked him about two of my suspects (M=W and Ani) he thought M=W's D1 wagonhopping was bad, but he was in favor of pushing an Ani lynch.

I think that about sums it up.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

M=W wrote:I think doom might be another scum, but I can't provide solid reasoning yet, maybe tomorrow.
Let's actually see some this time XD.
SK wrote:Two cop-like abilities in the same game hints at the possibility that at least one of them isn't sane. The mod not confirming sanity lends further suspicion in that direction.
Possibly more considering Neto's weird ass "investigation" thingy.

Finally, it would be REALLY nice to hear something from Papa Zito at this point.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Seraphim »

"..............I can hear them. They're HERE."

???????, 2011

Vote Count:

Parama(0) - Incognito
Incognito(0) -
Netopalis(0) -
Zajnet(0) -
SaintKerrigan(0) -
Me=Weird(3)
-
Papa Zito(1)
- Zajnet, Papa Zito
Doombunny9(1)
- Doombunny9

Not Voting(4) - Netopalis, SaintKerrigan, Me=Weird, Parama

FoS Count:

Parama(0) - Parama
Incognito(0) -
Netopalis(0) -
Zajnet(0) -
SaintKerrigan(3)
-
Me=Weird(0) - Doombunny9, Incognito
Papa Zito(0) -
Doombunny9(1)
-

Not FoSing(5) - Zajnet, Netopalis, SaintKerrigan, Me=Weird, Papa Zito

Deadline: July 10th, 2010 6:00pm CST
With 8 alive, it is 5 to lynch
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

Ugh. On kicking a dead horse, ani said some weird characters in his role pm had gotten… weirder. In the role pm he quoted, all the characters were standard.
Incog: doesn't make it any easier for me. Especially with doom bunny's double thing. Also, do we want to try unanimously FoSing someone again, except actually doing it without someone hammering before we can? When to expect content from me: tomorrow. Just had to read up a bunch, and I'm not feeling too well.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

@Zaj and Papa- Could one of you unvote for a bit so we can see which one of you is the double voter?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”