Newbie 958 ~Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

CT wrote:Shadow Dancer:I already shared some thoughts on him. I was suspicious of Alta, and while SD started off well, and I could understand his attacks on Remouk, his recent play has been confusing to say the least, and since the vote came out of nowhere and I know my role, I have no choice but to think he saw me as an easy target at the time. Scum Read
You know damn well my vote did not come out of nowhere. Go back to this post of yours and reread. I did not press you to turn your drivel into some kind of definite stance for pure joy or helpfulness. Still I am not decided on you, yet. I let you alone for the rest of D1 because rem was incredibly scummier then.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

OTT: Hi, Nobody Special. /end OTT

@Inco: I ask you about what appears to be serious accusations and all I get is
this
(?!?!):
Inco wrote:I got this from the end of Day 1 votecount and my idea that there's usually at least one scum on any given Town lynching wagon:
You really start to disappoint me. I'd expect more from an IC.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

NS wrote:Don't worry, Equinox, I won't do anything stupid.
Why do you deem it necessary to adress this and specifically to Equi?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Inco wrote:I think Newbie scum would be more likely to flake out on a game like this upon replacing in than newb town
You can't be really serious about this, can you?
Maybe I need to reconsider some things coming from you...
Fixed quote tags. ~Nik
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Incognito »

Shadow Dancer wrote:@Inco: I ask you about what appears to be serious accusations and all I get is
this
(?!?!):
Inco wrote:I got this from the end of Day 1 votecount and my idea that there's usually at least one scum on any given Town lynching wagon:
You really start to disappoint me. I'd expect more from an IC.
What exactly is wrong with that? For every town mislynch, I can almost guarantee that there's at least one scum who was on the wagon that ended up lynching said townie. It's *extremely* rare for a mislynch to happen that was completely town-pushed. My analysis helped me narrow down my focus on the people who weren't me so that I could potentially figure out who that scum likely is. That's called good scum-hunting. I have no clue whatsoever why you'd think otherwise.
Shadow Dancer wrote:
Inco" wrote:I think Newbie scum would be more likely to flake out on a game like this upon replacing in than newb town[/quoze]
...and that's a problem because?

Also, you're at L-1 with people who are willing to hammer you in a situation where the deadline is a day or two away. We need a claim.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Inco wrote:Still leaning town on him. He doesn't seem afraid of conflict, which I think is more likely to come from town than scum, and his scumhunting has seemed genuine all game. He's been focusing on Shadow Dancer/Alta from very early on but it doesn't give me the impression that he's trying to railroad a town the way scum would - it seems more like he genuinely believes he's found scum and is trying to get him lynched.
Nice how you turn brian's overfocussing into a good thing. And if you consider that conflict thing a town tell *ActivateHeavySarcasm* I feel like the center of most conflict now, maybe you should credit me. *DeactivateSarcasm*. I am impressed how swiftlly you can "adjust" your reads...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Shadow Dancer wrote:Damn. Weather's just too fucking good right now to hang around playig mafia:

First of: WTF!?

unvote. vote zach

To me he looks like he does not really care and just wants to jump on an easy waggon right now. With the dubious reads I had on rem that's more than worth a vote.

I'll try to hurry to get my reread done tomorrow, deadline's coming and I do not want to have to claim...
Shadow Dancer wrote:
Inco wrote:I think Newbie scum would be more likely to flake out on a game like this upon replacing in than newb town
Hahahaha...

No seriously. You should claim... now.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Incognito wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:I'd be fine with a Shadow Dancer or Equinox lynch at this point. Not particularly interested in lynching anyone else.
What are your thoughts on Leech/smashbro/Nobody Special?
Neutral. I don't have a solid read, but nothing the slot has done has caught my attention.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Incognito »

Shadow Dancer wrote:
Inco wrote:Still leaning town on him. He doesn't seem afraid of conflict, which I think is more likely to come from town than scum, and his scumhunting has seemed genuine all game. He's been focusing on Shadow Dancer/Alta from very early on but it doesn't give me the impression that he's trying to railroad a town the way scum would - it seems more like he genuinely believes he's found scum and is trying to get him lynched.
Nice how you turn brian's overfocussing into a good thing. And if you consider that conflict thing a town tell *ActivateHeavySarcasm* I feel like the center of most conflict now, maybe you should credit me. *DeactivateSarcasm*. I am impressed how swiftlly you can "adjust" your reads...
This doesn't even make any sense. I've pretty much had a town read of brianj for a good portion of the game, so I have no clue where you're getting this supposed "read adjustment" stuff from. And the conflict thing that I was talking about related to brian was his playing method and what I perceived to be genuine scumhunting. There's a huge difference between that and what you're doing right now.

Can't you see that you're flailing right now and attacking pretty much anyone and everyone who even raises an ounce of suspicion towards you? I wouldn't be surprised if you suddenly switched your vote to me after just recently swapping it over to Zach.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

The second one is just a really lame theory. Basically yoyu say he flaked out (or, more coreectly, never really replaced in) so he is more likely scum. Bad theory. Period.

And to the first point: Scum can count on town to
want
a lynch D1. Scum does not need to lean out of the window and push anything to achive that. Mislynches are statistically way more likely than scum lynches, so most of the time scum won't be waggoned and there'sa also no defensive reason to press for a mislynch. So there might be no scum at all on the Earl waggon (and if there is it was maybe you, so...). It would be common for scum to try and have one on the waggon and one off, just to make sure WIFOM attempts like yours have the worst possible outcome. I don't know how common it is on this site that two scum are on the D1 lynch, but generally speaking I also wouldn't eliminate that possibility, though in this specific game the margins for it are really small since you and CT would be scum then (oh, wait, two of my possible scum reads right now, nevermind...).
OK, short conclusion of my long explanations: I do not like stereotypical attempts like this at all. It's maybe worse than depending on cop investigations to find scum.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Inco: You mentioned that mini game with Earl again, that you modded. One of the things about you that concern me now is that you used that one to justify your L-1 vote on Earl, and only after I asked you about it, which was after I had done my Meta on him, but never brought it up as an issue before, though you modded that game and must have noticed the differences (or non differences, in which case it is odd that you did not defend Earl) in his playstyle. In other words: You had the meta
before
me but brought it foward
after
me and only after explicitely being asked for it....
I think I really need to write some kind of chronology on you to make my point clear...

Any way: If you still haven't unwaggoned me tomorrow I'll claim. Just hope there're some active players until DL...
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Equinox »

Zachrulez wrote:If there's not much of a chance of Equinox receiving pressure today.
Coach Travis wrote:Yeah, I definitely don't see Equinox going today.
Coach Travis wrote:
Equinox
:Well, my thoughts on LC are known, but I'm actually liking Equinox, even if I disagree with his reads from metagaming(I was totally useless that game, why else would I be the first lynch as town?), I find he's been a helpful scum-hunter, I can see where he's coming from with his case on Incognito.
Town Read
MIND = BLOWN

===
Shadow Dancer wrote:I broke apart rem's posts - point by point - because I saw his massive newbish clumsiness and wanted him to know - in detail - what my accusation was and to what I wanted him to answer - unfortunately all he got was a feeling of being personally affronted and all I got back was an emotionally motivated factually poor counter attack.
Unfortunately, while this may have been good for remouk, it wasn't so good for town because that was valuable time wasted. :/
Shadow Dancer wrote:Why do you deem it necessary to adress this and specifically to Equi?
It's not relevant to this game... It refers to something he did and I thoroughly tore him apart for in another game.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Incognito wrote:
Shadow Dancer wrote:
This doesn't even make any sense. I've pretty much had a town read of brianj for a good portion of the game, so I have no clue where you're getting this supposed "read adjustment" stuff from. And the conflict thing that I was talking about related to brian was his playing method and what I perceived to be genuine scumhunting. There's a huge difference between that and what you're doing right now.

Can't you see that you're flailing right now and attacking pretty much anyone and everyone who even raises an ounce of suspicion towards you? I wouldn't be surprised if you suddenly switched your vote to me after just recently swapping it over to Zach.
Which you write to dicurage me to vote you now?
"Every one" is attacking me right now, so it's hard to not hit some one of those if I attack some one. Oh, wait, I don't attack Equi, and he's on my waggon... Maybe you should reconsider your statistics...

I'll try to elaborate on the other stuff tomorrow. Unfortunately rereads consume time.

And I do not say brian is scummy, just slightly anti-town.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Equi wrote:Unfortunately, while this may have been good for remouk, it wasn't so good for town because that was valuable time wasted. :/
I see that now... Maybe I shouldn't play newbie games any more. I prefer actual playing over nursing and teaching. And no, it turned out abysmal for rem - and for town (and for me :( ).
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Zach: You still have not adressed this:
zach wrote:I would prefer to lynch Shadow Dancer right now. At a glance of Alta's play, his suspicion of remouk feels fake to me.
I =/= Alta. My vote had definitely nothing to do with anything Alta did, seriously, I know nothing about Alta's motivations for anything, so I definitely could not base a vote on that. I can't see any valid reason for you to vote me in this, you have not contributed much of use so far, hence I consider you a waggon hopper now.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Shadow Dancer wrote:@Zach: You still have not adressed this:
zach wrote:I would prefer to lynch Shadow Dancer right now. At a glance of Alta's play, his suspicion of remouk feels fake to me.
I =/= Alta. My vote had definitely nothing to do with anything Alta did, seriously, I know nothing about Alta's motivations for anything, so I definitely could not base a vote on that. I can't see any valid reason for you to vote me in this, you have not contributed much of use so far, hence I consider you a waggon hopper now.
Just because Alta has replaced out doesn't mean any actions committed by him can no longer be suspected.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Also, there's only 2 days left to the deadline, and there are people willing to hammer you. (This feels like it's being stated to death at this point.) You need to claim.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Equinox wrote:
Shadow Dancer wrote:Why do you deem it necessary to adress this and specifically to Equi?
It's not relevant to this game... It refers to something he did and I thoroughly tore him apart for in another game.
What she said.
Shadow Dancer wrote:@Inco: Any way: If you still haven't unwaggoned me tomorrow I'll claim. Just hope there're some active players until DL...

NO.

NONONONONONONONO.

You claim in your next post or I hammer your ass.

Twelve
posts in a row? Seriously. I want to hammer you
just for that.

Claim or die.

I'm not kidding.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

OK, great, congratulöations, you successfully waggoned your cop. And all I've got for you is an innocent on Lord Chronos, now Equinox.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:36 am

Post by Nobody Special »

::: head asplodes :::
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:18 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Why'd you investigate Lord Chronos?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Because I didn't find him suspicious D1, but DTM suspected him and raised quite some points against him. Call it curiosity or paranoia, but I thoght I would keep having difficulties reading LC, so I wanted to be sure. I also thought he'd be a likely mislynch candidate for D2.

I did not investigate CT or rem because I was confident I could determine if either of them is scum without an investigation.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:33 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Shadow Dancer wrote:Because I didn't find him suspicious D1, but DTM suspected him and raised quite some points against him. Call it curiosity or paranoia, but I thoght I would keep having difficulties reading LC, so I wanted to be sure. I also thought he'd be a likely mislynch candidate for D2.

I did not investigate CT or rem because I was confident I could determine if either of them is scum without an investigation.
Did that have a lot to do with how infrequently you mentioned LC?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:40 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Today? It's the reason why I never really picked up the "case" against him. Luckily (or maybe not so lucky considering what happened instead) LC never was in real danger, maybe because he replaced out and Equi is a reliable town read.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Shadow Dancer wrote:Today? It's the reason why I never really picked up the "case" against him. Luckily (or maybe not so lucky considering what happened instead) LC never was in real danger, maybe because he replaced out and Equi is a reliable town read.
You mentioned him pretty minimally yesterday as well. Your interaction with Equi post claim does seem to have a presumption of her innocence. That and the fact that your reasoning for investigating LC matches up with something you said about him earlier in the game. (I think on d1.) In the absence of a counterclaim, I believe the claim.

That would leave me, CT, Incog, nobody special, and BrianJ. What are your thoughts on all of these players? Do you still suspect me the most?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”