Mini 961: Insane Asylum II: GAME OVER :O!

Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Corvuus »

everyone in the neighbor/cabal group was a doc/protective type role?

are people in the neighbor/cabal also inmates???

Corv
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Haylen »

I dont think so, no. Considering Yossypoo was a Psychology and I'm a Medical Administrator that would suggest we werent inmates if im thinking correctly here. Inmates cant at talk at specific times, correct? Btw, I was writing a long case on why Magnus might be scum, then LOST IN WHEN MY FUCKING COMPUTER RESTARTED. But I'm ok. I'm not angry at all >.>
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Corvuus »

I'm lost on a few parts. The neighbor/cabal/mason group can post to each other at anytime, all the time? (excepting the 'lockdown')? So... anything important going on to know about?

I mean, I can follow non-cabals and their 180 mind changes and other quirks; but there are parts where there is no explanation and I don't see who said what, or how the conclusion was made. Example: Reading Tar in isolation is 36 posts SC/Sociopath (none of whom replaced in, are at 93-103 posts); At one point, he says that he believes there is a mafia paranoid doctor and later on, DGB is lynched as a mafia doctor (presumed paranoid?). I dont see where he pulled this rabbit out, so roleclaims happened in mason talk, or some kind of discussion? Accusation of role-fishing? I don't follow.

How many pages/posts are there in the mason talk?

Corvuus
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Corvuus »

edit by way of post:

sorry for bad () placement and grammar. He being tar stating mafia paranoid doctor.

From the summary, only 2 neighbors left... so I guess the point might be moot. It would be easier for me to get a read if I could actually read ;P.

Corv
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Quick thoughts right now:
  • Tarhalindur is my best town read. I disagree with him on a couple points (for example, I'd switch out Corvuus, not Haylen, if dramonic flips scum), but I'm shooting myself if he doesn't know what he's doing. His last post on page 41 suggests that there should be a 2b on the list, though. What is it?
  • I still think magnus_orion is town. I don't know what's bugging Tarhalindur about him.
  • SocioPath's claim takes a bit of wrapping around my head to make sense given my role, but I think it's truthful.
  • I think Corvuus can easily go either way. I think his claim is satisfactory, but he's conflated what I've said so it looks like I'm using the fact that I suck as town as an excuse to look obvscum.
  • dramonic is lazy scum.
  • Haylen needs to get the heck in here and post a decent case on me.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Corvuus »

SC: what takes a bit of wrapping around your head to make sense given your role (literal or interpretatively).

I don't see how a psychologist affects you at all.

Corv
P.S. You'd switch me out for Haylen because I am SK-policy lynching you or what?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Corvuus wrote:SC: what takes a bit of wrapping around your head to make sense given your role (literal or interpretatively).
We have both claimed sanity-altering roles. Mine appears to be temporary, though.
Corvuus wrote:P.S. You'd switch me out for Haylen because I am SK-policy lynching you or what?
You are not reading my post in Tarhalindur's context. If dramonic is scum, I think Haylen is scum and you're town. Tarhalindur thinks if dramonic is scum, Haylen is town and you are scum. Even so, while I
DO
think you're policy lynching me, your motive for doing so comes off more like you think I'm lynch bait than you care about my alignment.

Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Corvuus »

I'm not too sure how to interpret your first response since either
a). I'm reading Socio wrong
b). you're reading him wrong
c). several players have claimed sanity-altering type 'role' (in addition to their cabal/inmate thing is) so I don't see what is the problem that you were thinking of.

------------

I do care about your alignment. I just consider it so much more likely that it is an anti-town SK one and you meet all the qualifications for a anti-town SK policy lynch.

C
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Corvuus »

I've read a decent chunk of the thread so I think i'm reasonably caught up.

Want to hear Magnus' claim and I'd like to know what people think regarding role-blocking/existence of a superkill.

C
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Corvuus wrote:I'm not too sure how to interpret your first response since either
a). I'm reading Socio wrong
b). you're reading him wrong
c). several players have claimed sanity-altering type 'role' (in addition to their cabal/inmate thing is) so I don't see what is the problem that you were thinking of.
Sociopath's claimed sanity alterations are Sane -> Naïve -> Paranoid -> Insane -> Sane. Mine are Sane <-> Insane and Naïve <-> Paranoid. What helps me make heads and tails out of the claim is that SocioPath's claim is that the sanity alteration is permanent, while my role PM seems to imply that mine only apply if I am targeted.

magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:44 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Well, sociopath, that makes me doubtful.
hmph.
Tarhilunder was right, in some sense.
I'm a miller jack of all trades.

I reverse the sanities of all kills, investigations, and protections that target me.
and I have the following 1 shot abilities.

Protect
Investigate
track
diagnose (tells me the sanity of the player I target)
and infectious (lets me reverse the sanities of all actions during the night I use it.)

I realized diagnose meant my sanity would be consistent for all abilities, so I used track to test them, since it had the least "bad" effects from reversed sanity. Glork claimed that investigations that targetted him did not have their sanity reversed, so I tracked glork, after verifying that tracking was an "investigation" with UK.
Glork targetted Glork. This could actually be interpretted several different ways, annoyingly, however, I believe I am sane, since I believe Glork would want to verify his sanity by checking himself. I specifically did not act last night, so as not to use one of my precious one shot actions.

I believed my abilities were analogous to
Doc
Cop
Tracker
Psychologist
and the last ability was just tacked on.
However, Sociopath's claim puts doubt on that, and my theory that every one of those above roles are in the game (no tracker).

Also, I find sociopath's claim odd, since all of the "doctor" related roles have been in the neighbor group thus far, but sociopath doesn't have access.
Could tar verify that the neighbor group is referred to as "cabal" in the role pm?
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:51 am

Post by SocioPath »

The flavor of my ability names certainly implies that I am not under the staff part of the asylum. :P
I don't "cure" people as much as mind-rape them.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Okay, time for disclosure: I was expecting SocioPath to claim retired cop (to mirror Ellibereth's Nurse claim). In that scenario, three town investigative roles plus two town doctors plus a Nurse plus a backup Cop in a mini seemed REALLY unlikely (hence the "one of {Haylen, Corvuus, magnus_orion} is scum" line of thought).

Instead, he's just marked himself as likely scum. A sanity-shifting ability like that is incredibly useful to scum (see: The Joker in Mind Screw 4), and if multiple sanity-shifting roles exist I can't really see both of them being town.

M_O is likely telling the truth about his abilities (that final ability looks right to me) - however, I'm having some trouble seeing Glork target himself. The most likely scenario, IMO, is that he's insane (though the little internal voice is reminding me that the only other player we know has similar powers is known town).

The biggest issue is still that something caused a kill last night, and that something has to be either an unstoppable kill or Haylen being scum.

I still need to think about this.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Post by Corvuus »

Dramonic, Haylen:

We need you two to post thoughts and comments now.

Haylen, you said you had a case on MO? What is it, what do you think about any of the claims?

Dramonic: You state that one of the cabal is scum, one of the cabal flipped scum. So you think Tar/Haylen are cleared town from this, or from independent reads? Thoughts regarding roleblock, existence of superkill, thoughts on player claims?

I have my current thoughts regarding the situation, but i'll wait until you two post or Tar explicitly asks me to post before you.

Corvuus
P.S. Tar: Is there anything in mason talk regarding haylen?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:21 am

Post by SocioPath »

Tar, you sound bitter because you couldn't break the game like you wanted to. :lol:
Its starting to warp your perception of reality.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Haylen »

Cor wrote:I have my current thoughts regarding the situation, but i'll wait until you two post or Tar explicitly asks me to post before you.
Why tar?

and I'll hopefully post it tomorrow. My computer restarted and I lost all my notes including ones for certain games I have planned for the near future - hence why I outted to mod in the /invitationals. That's why I don't have my magnus case at hand.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:47 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

SocioPath wrote:Tar, you sound bitter because you couldn't break the game like you wanted to. :lol:
Its starting to warp your perception of reality.
Tarhalindur is an experienced player; I expect him to easily come up with a Plan B.

Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Corvuus »

Haylen wrote:
Cor wrote:I have my current thoughts regarding the situation, but i'll wait until you two post or Tar explicitly asks me to post before you.
Why tar?

and I'll hopefully post it tomorrow. My computer restarted and I lost all my notes including ones for certain games I have planned for the near future - hence why I outted to mod in the /invitationals. That's why I don't have my magnus case at hand.
You could pick a reason.

Somewhat arbitrary but Tar is scum-hunting, pro-town, etc. and forms his own opinions.

Magnus and Tar have said stuff regarding the claims. I've said stuff on claims (not the new ones yet) You (haylen) and Dramonic haven't really said anything on claims and stuff so I'd like to get a read on you :P.

---

Since I'm here: Magnus, you are a 'miller' to 3 things right? Kills, protection, investigation. Does that mean you are NK-immune?

Corvuus
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Since I'm here: Magnus, you are a 'miller' to 3 things right? Kills, protection, investigation. Does that mean you are NK-immune?
Um, I'm not sure how those traits would possibly result in my being nk-immune.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Corvuus »

you reverse the sanity of all kills that target you.

Mafia can kill non-millers for sure, so the kill ability should be 'sane' right? So if the mafia were to target you, it would be reversed and failed right?

This is the interpretation that makes sense to me since Tar killed Glork who was miller on protection. "sane" doc Tar, made insane by Glork miller results in death. If Tar targets you, you would die. If mafia targets you, you would live. So not quite NK immune but (assuming Tar doesn't increase his friendly fire kills... or Haylen?), you are NK immune?

Corv
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Corvuus »

ugh. serious setup hatred. how could this be so much worse than insane asylum 1???!!!!!!!

When I levelled up and took more class levels in Mod, I also maxed my ranks in bastardery
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Corvuus wrote:ugh. serious setup hatred. how could this be so much worse than insane asylum 1???!!!!!!!
If you cannot handle being in Bastard Mod Central, replace out and let someone who can handle it play. We'd much rather you stomach it, but cutting your losses doesn't hurt the town much either.

To be fair, I consider Insane Asylum I my most bastardly completed game to date. This may or may not exceed it, but IA I certainly did not skimp on the bastardliness.

Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Corvuus »

SC, don't talk to me about stomaching it or not. With all due respect, you are probably the biggest problem in this entire setup, especially with the 'read my role 4+ times' before you get it. maybe you just aren't reading/considering so you don't see how screwed up this really is. but hey, for a SK trying to squeek by into lylo, you probably can be lazy.

I'm tempted to post part of my notes that directly relates to you and how annoyed i am with you and this miller crap. Hopefully then you can appreciate the mod's hatred of all that is pure and good.

Corv
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Do you honestly think I joined this game oblivious to the fact that the setup is likely screwed up, Corvuus? I'm not denying the possibility that I bit off more than I can chew with this game, but you are in no better of a position to complain about the game than I am.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Actually, something ELSE just caught my eye earlier today...

There are three claimed millers (plus one dead one). Two of those claimed millers also claimed an infectious ability that reverses sanities of specific abilities (namely, all abilities they are millers to) for one night.

The only one who didn't is StrangerCoug.

Hmm, maybe I should go for that StrangerCoug lynch after all... give me a sec to mull this over.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”