Mini 982 - The Mars Volta Mafia(Game Over)

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Doombunny9 wrote:@Zaj and Papa- Could one of you unvote for a bit so we can see which one of you is the double voter?
Sure. UNVOTE: Papa Zito

If I'm a doublevoter it's news to me.

Reading, brb.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Netopalis wrote:Fine. I'm neither Cop nor Mason. However, I received a message from the mod last night that informed me that Me=Weird is town. I suspect that it was sent as a function of his role.
Okay, this is probably true. I got one of these on Night 1 that MME is town. (so at least we know it's sane)
Doombunny9 wrote:Meaning unless I fucked something up again I'm now voting Papa Zito and FoSing SK
Why are you voting me again?
SaintKerrigan wrote:stuff
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So what you're basically saying is that there's three cops in the game? Because someone else is copping people and sending out the results.

Also, why didn't you use your one-shot gift on N1 or N2?
Kappa
Just Monika
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:17 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Papa Zito wrote:So what you're basically saying is that there's three cops in the game? Because someone else is copping people and sending out the results.
Seems like it.
Papa Zito wrote:Also, why didn't you use your one-shot gift on N1 or N2?
Because I didn't get it until the end of N1 (and was forbidden to use it until N2) and N2 I was checking my sanity with my own investigative abilities.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:18 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

EBWOP: ...my own investigative ability.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Papa wrote:Why are you voting me again?
You have done very little scumhunting at all this game. The only thing you really did was against Ani yesterday for obvious reasons (Zaj's report). I would be willing to ignore it if it only happened on d1 since you replaced late into the day but today when we only hear 1 sentence things about who you think is scummy then its really not enough. Generally the only things I really liked of your scumhunting today were the things you said about Incog. Overall, most of your posts look like noise to me.

Also, as Papa said, it appears we do have 3 cops in this game (at least): MME, SK, and someone else who is giving out info.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Papa Zito »

3 cops is too many cops.

Let's get the vote shenanigans done with so I can vote SK.
Kappa
Just Monika
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Netopalis »

I really need to get back into this game a bit...Sorry for the inactivity. Expect something later tonight.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Me=Weird »

I'm going to wait for neto before saying anything, I eagerly await his post. Sorry.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Incognito »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Maybe because I'd gotten a one-shot alignment investigation from MME? Two cop-like abilities in the same game hints at the possibility that at least one of them isn't sane. The mod not confirming sanity lends further suspicion in that direction.
Fair enough. Didn't you and MME discuss this kind of thing during N1 though?
Papa Zito wrote:
Netopalis wrote:Fine. I'm neither Cop nor Mason. However, I received a message from the mod last night that informed me that Me=Weird is town. I suspect that it was sent as a function of his role.
Okay, this is probably true. I got one of these on Night 1 that MME is town. (so at least we know it's sane)
Not liking this at all (Papa Z's part; don't really know what to make of Neto's part just yet). I've filtered through your isolation, and I see absolutely no indication that you received an innocent result on MME. Did you breadcrumb anything? Do you have a history of breadcrumbing results as an info role in past games?

Plus, it seems all too convenient that you claim that you got an innocent result on a dead guy who we all now know was town anyway.
Doombunny9 wrote:Generally the only things I really liked of your scumhunting today were the things you said about Incog.
He scolded me for something dumb. What in particular did you agree with him about?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

No, I didn't breadcrumb anything, and I rarely do so.

If someone wants to step up and counterclaim getting a result mailed to them Night 1, be my guest.
Kappa
Just Monika
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Incognito »

Well, even if nobody does so, it doesn't really prove anything.

What do we even have so far?

Zajnet
- claimed one-shot Watcher. Seems confirmed by the fact that ani, one of his two claimed watch results, flipped scum, and he claimed to have seen Sando targeting Parama during Night 1 too.
SaintK
- claimed some kind of unconfirmed Mason, sanity-challenged Cop who got
another
investigation from his Mason buddy MME. o' course, MME can't confirm any of this; the one thing that looks good about this is SaintK's role name fits the bill since it matches the other band member of Mars Volta (Omar and Cedric). But we've already talked about how the scums probably have fake claims to the T.
Papa Z
- claimed some sort of PM-ed investigation from Night 1 on MME. nothing backs this up.
Netopalis
- claimed some sort of PM-ed investigation from Night 2 on Me=Weird. the quick, initial soft-claiming while the wagon formed on M=W backs this up a bit.

It's just really hard to believe that the town just has all these investigative ishes floating around all over the place.

One thing I've been pondering though: where are these PM-ed investigations even coming from? Can they ALL be trusted? If SaintK claims that MME had the power to send out investigations, was he the source? If MME was, then doesn't Netopalis' claimed innocent investigation on M=W conflict with SaintK's own claimed investigation?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

We're being sent results, Incog. SK is claiming that MME was sending out one-shot powers. Totally different.
Kappa
Just Monika
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Incognito »

Right. And that brings up another important and interesting question: SaintK, did you check with the mod during Night 2 to see if you could maybe use two investigations at once?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Incognito wrote:Fair enough. Didn't you and MME discuss this kind of thing during N1 though?
No, we didn't.
Incognito wrote:Right. And that brings up another important and interesting question: SaintK, did you check with the mod during Night 2 to see if you could maybe use two investigations at once?
Yes, I checked. I can only use one or the other.

I doubt Papa Zito and Neto are fakeclaiming this info, since this would obviously out them as scum, and I don't really see the advantage for scum doing this. However, how do we know those are sane reveals? Or even if they're true reveals? From my perspective, at least, I'm not sure I'd trust any cop-like ability, at least given the nature of mine. Not until we have a way to prove it, at least, and I'm not sure that any way exists.

MME strikes me as an odd choice for a night investigation of any kind. I had a town read on him this game.

Papa Z, 3 cops is not too many cops if at least one of them isn't sane. Why else do you want to vote me?

M=W stalling is not tech with me.

I still need to reread Zajnet.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Incog wrote:He scolded me for something dumb. What in particular did you agree with him about?
The general "scumhunting" aspect he was doing. I didn't particuarly agree with it and it was fairly weak but at least he was doing something. "Incog is trying to lead us off track" may not be that much but its something. The lack of any other something is why I'm voting him.
Papa wrote:If someone wants to step up and counterclaim getting a result mailed to them Night 1, be my guest.
This doesn't mean anything. For all we know there could have been one report sent (Neto's) or any other number or tings (For all we know there could be something weird about M=W's role that causes him to tell anyone that targets him his innocence) Anything is possible.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Me=Weird »

So, Netopalis promised a post yesterday, and there isn't one.*sigh* I'm sorry guys, busy on wednesdays. But I will ISO ani for possible connections.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Me=Weird »

EBWOP: I repeat, if Neto getting an innocent on me is because of my role, the mod didn't say anything about it to me.
Show

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Netopalis »

Bleh. Sorry about that. Alright, first, let me clarify about the PM - I am not a cop, and it wasn't sent as a function of my role. I assumed that Me=Weird was some sort of one-way masonifier or quasi-innocent child. Here is the PM that I received from the mod:
Seraphim wrote:What exactly happened last night? It was nightmarish, feverish, some sort of hell ride. However, there was someone else with you. This someone else...he or she or it was a fellow spirit. The spirit croaked out the truth, which was amazing considering how dry your mouth was. You had blocked it out before...but now...

You know, for a fact, that
Me=Weird is a member of the pro-town faction.
Given the strong wording, I tend to be completely convinced that Me=Weird is town.

I think that attacks on Zajnet are rather spurious at this point. It's certainly possible that he's lying...but I doubt it. Given SK's claim, then, it makes sense that there are three possible scenarios:

1) Zajnet really is lying; SK is town
2) Zajnet is telling the truth; SK is scum
3) Zajnet is telling the truth; SK is town with a sanity-challenged cop

Now, by process of elimination (Taking out myself as I know that I am town, Zajnet due to his claim and Me=Weird due to the results), we have the following list of players:

Incognito
SaintKerrigan
Papa Zito
Doombunny9

I think that Incognito is above reproach at this point. His play has been so pro-town that I don't know that anybody would seriously claim that he was scum.

We have 2 lynches, in a worst case scenario. I think that the obvious starting point is lynching SK today to determine his alignment. If he flips town, then we should look into Zajnet. If he flips scum, then Zajnet is likely cleared.

Holding off on a vote for now, since it seems that votes are sticky today.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Incognito »

unvote, vote: Me=Weird
-----> SaintKerrigan

This doesn't at all mean that I'm feeling better about Doombunny, but the more I think about SaintK's claim, the more issues I have with it.
SaintKerrigan wrote:
Incognito wrote:Right. And that brings up another important and interesting question: SaintK, did you check with the mod during Night 2 to see if you could maybe use two investigations at once?
Yes, I checked. I can only use one or the other.
So now I don't get why you would use your investigation to investigate yourself rather than just using the investigation that you claim to have gotten from MME on someone else. I mean, yeah, I could see the importance of you trying to figure out if you're sane or not but realistically if you really doubted your sanity, you could have done other things that would have been BETTER tests than investigating yourself with your own investigation.

For example: if you really had a problem with the result you got on Zajnet using your
own
investigation, you could have just used the investigation that you claimed to have gotten from MME last Night to check to see if it does indeed verify your initial result or not. To use your own investigation on yourself just makes absolutely no pro-town sense to me especially if you checked with the mod to verify whether or not you could use both at the same time or only individually. It makes plenty of pro-scum sense to me though.

-~-~-~-~-~

One other thing that we need to keep in mind about these floating PM results from the mod is this: if a person who's pro-town is sending these things to people for use, we should keep in mind that the pro-town person could easily have mistakenly chosen a pro-scum person to send the investigation to. So that's a HUGE reason why Papa Zito is by no means cleared especially coupled with the fact that he got a result on a dead guy that he didn't even seem to lean one way or another on. He could very easily be scum who just decided to come out with that knowledge so that he might be considered cleared. It doesn't work that way. That said, even though the same logic applies to Neto, I'm more willing to believe he's likely town because of the soft-claiming; in fact, the only way I can really see Neto as scum is if Me=Weird is scum.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Seraphim »

"When the chants have cycled
How can I go wrong?
There will be no Eve for Adam
If your apples have gone, gone, gone, gone
I need a brand new skin
Incarnated debts
Incarcerated when the deeds are left to purchase"

Ilyena, the Bedlam in Goliath

Vote Count:

Parama(0) -
Incognito(0) -
Netopalis(0) -
Zajnet(0) -
SaintKerrigan(1)
-
Me=Weird(2)
- Incognito
Papa Zito(1)
- Zajnet
Doombunny9(0) - Doombunny9

Not Voting(5) - Netopalis, SaintKerrigan, Me=Weird, Parama, Papa Zito

FoS Count:

Parama(0) - Parama
Incognito(0) -
Netopalis(0) -
Zajnet(0) -
SaintKerrigan(3)
-
Me=Weird(0) - Doombunny9, Incognito
Papa Zito(0) -
Doombunny9(1)
-

Not FoSing(5) - Zajnet, Netopalis, SaintKerrigan, Me=Weird, Papa Zito

Deadline: July 10th, 2010 6:00pm CST
With 8 alive, it is 5 to lynch
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Netopalis »

...wait, what? That's some weird stuff there with the vote...

Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Zajnet »

Unvote, Vote: Zajnet
--> Neto

FoS: Zajnet

This is no indication of who I think is scummy, I just want to see if I'm a doublevoter or what.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Incognito »

Netopalis wrote:...wait, what? That's some weird stuff there with the vote...
Something changed about it?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Seraphim »

"It's the flavorless vote count show! Also, yes, this vote count is right."

Vote Count:

Parama(0) -
Incognito(0) -
Netopalis(1)
-
Zajnet(0) - Zajnet
SaintKerrigan(1)
-
Me=Weird(1)
- Incognito
Papa Zito(1)
-
Doombunny9(0) - Doombunny9

Not Voting(5) - Netopalis, SaintKerrigan, Me=Weird, Parama, Papa Zito

FoS Count:

Parama(0) - Parama
Incognito(0) -
Netopalis(1)
-
Zajnet(0) - Zajnet
SaintKerrigan(3)
-
Me=Weird(0) - Doombunny9, Incognito
Papa Zito(0) -
Doombunny9(1)
-

Not FoSing(4) - Netopalis, SaintKerrigan, Me=Weird, Papa Zito

Deadline: July 10th, 2010 6:00pm CST
With 8 alive, it is 5 to lynch
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Netopalis »

Yeah, this is really weird. It shows you as actually voting for Me=Weird and it shows Zajnet as actually voting for himself, but the vote was counted for me. I don't think that this fits with our previous theory of how this was working.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”