Mad World: Time Travel Mafia (Game Over)

Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Tasky »

let's have a good game and start by:
VOTE: Seraphim

for having changed his mind so soon after the game started
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Tasky »

ReaperCharlie wrote:Image
UNVOTE: Seraphim
VOTE: ReaperCharlie

for posting stupid/funny pictures
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Tasky »

Seraphim wrote:by the fact that he's gandalf5166 rather than aforementioned units 5165 and 5167.

also, more people should be voting Tasky for double-standards, BTW.
excuse my ignorance, what are double-standards?
ReaperCharlie wrote:Did Tasky seriously just join the site 2 days ago?
yep...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Tasky »

gandalf5166 wrote:Hey, RC, I read that game. That's the game I was referring to where you were the king. :P And I actually like Anon's reasoning, and my vote on tasky was basically a joke. This is my first non-newbie game, so I'm used to L4 meaning that the player has one vote on him. :P So: VOTE: TheLonging
this is the second time you are bandwagoning... I am not so familiar with online-mafia, but I learned to have suspects against bandwagoners in all the real-life-games I played...
Zang wrote:
you're saying if you're scum, you lurk?
I always lurk
, I just lurk harder as scum.
do you really mean this? because lurking is detrimental to scumhunting and anti-town...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Tasky »

curiouskarmadog wrote:NO WHERE IN THIS POST DO YOU SAY I AM WRONG?
why exactly are you getting angry?
I find it fishy if you get angry at someone so fast, especially since if he is scum you should be happy if he plays badly, no?...
curiouskarmadog wrote:also i note you go right to the insult as soon as you get a slightest bit of hear.
what of the stuff gandalf said do you think is an insult?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Tasky »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Tasky wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:NO WHERE IN THIS POST DO YOU SAY I AM WRONG?
why exactly are you getting angry?
I find it fishy if you get angry at someone so fast, especially since if he is scum you should be happy if he plays badly, no?...
curiouskarmadog wrote:also i note you go right to the insult as soon as you get a slightest bit of hear.
what of the stuff gandalf said do you think is an insult?
noting this unwarranted defense.
well, I'm pointing out your suspicious way of attacking... would you classify that as unwarranted defense?
curiouskarmadog wrote:you thinks caps always mean angry? I wanted it to stand out. Believe me, when I get angry you will know…I got this title for a reason.
if you want to make something stand out, you use italics, bold or underline it... in all internet chats, forums, etc. I ever visited, caps lock is equivalent to yelling, why would you yell if not because you are angry?
curiouskarmadog wrote: But lets play make believe real fast….what if I was angry?...What does that mean to you? Does it make me scummy? Why?
anger is quite a strong emotion to have in a game of mafia... is it something personal I don't know about? because if it's not, it usually is a sign that you have no arguments left... whether that is scummy I cannot judge yet, but it definitely is bad for scumhunting, so you should stop
curiouskarmadog wrote: also you dont see an insult in this?
gandalf5166 wrote:karma, you remind me of razorback, only with slightly better grammar. .
Really you don’t see an insult here? Also noted.
to be honest, no... but maybe that's because I don't know razorback... is he really so terrible to react in that way to a comparison with him? tell me about him...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Tasky »

curiouskarmadog wrote: also you dont see an insult in this?
gandalf5166 wrote:karma, you remind me of razorback, only with slightly better grammar. .
Really you don’t see an insult here? Also noted.
gandalf5166 wrote:Oh, and Tasky, razorback is possibly the most irritating player on the site. He has zero language skills, and makes votes based on nothing at all. I'm pretty sure he's actually retarded. If I ever saw razor join a game I had joined, I would /out immediately. That's how terrible he is.
ok, now I see the insult... didn't know the background about razorback...
still, I usually dislike people who use caps-lock, but maybe the ethic here is less strict than in other forums...

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
CallMeLiam wrote:I agree with Magna about Anon's Town\Scum lists, and would prefer that no-one posts list of players they think are pro-town. It's all fine and well listing people we think are scummy but pro-town lists paints targets on townie's heads.
I actually do absolutely not agree... finding people who are very likely to be town is helpful almost as much as finding scum. once you have a "sure" townie, scum has two options:
1. killing that guy and losing the chance of a power-role-kill (good for town)
2. not killing that guy while going for a power-role and leaving a confirmed townie in play for next day (even better for town, except in the very unlucky case that scum really does hit a power-role)

the more confirmed townies there are, the easier it is to find scum.

Of course I am far from saying that Anons list confirm townies, it's just a general disapproval to your theory...
I think if there are reasonable arguments to characterize someone as pro-town, just tell them... more information is always better than less information

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
ReaperCharlie wrote:
Vote: Sharkfinn
for blatant misrep, and backtracking :twisted:
excuse me, could you please explain what backtracking is (please provide an example)? still trying to learn online-mafia-mechanics
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Tasky »

SharkFinn wrote:
Tasky wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:
excuse me, could you please explain what backtracking is (please provide an example)? still trying to learn online-mafia-mechanics
I voted RC because I thought that he was disappointed that he wasn't on Anon's list, but I misread and he actually said that he was happy to be on the probtown list. My premise on him was wrong, so I unvoted. But...
I was actually asking for a definition of backtracking... looked it up on the wiki but found nothing
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Tasky »

ReaperCharlie wrote:Pro-tip: Backtracking is first saying one thing (valid or not), and then reversing your stance and saying another thing once someone puts pressure on your original premise.
I don't really get why that is necessarily scummy... if someone sees he was committing an error, what's so wrong about admitting it?
wouldn't it be more scummy to stay on an argument that has been shown faulty?
I could accept it as a scumtell if the first argument was scummy in the first place, but what need is there to appeal to backtracking then?
so actually I think backtracking is (if taken alone) a null-tell
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Tasky »

diginova wrote:
Tasky wrote:but backtracking whenever a little bit of pressure is put on you is a common scum tactic to try placating everybody so they aren't under suspicion or the eventual lynchee.
well I agree with that, but it doesn't apply to SharkFinn's case, does it?
ReaperCharlie wrote:
do you still hold to your accuse based on backtracking? if yes, I'd like a good argument for that. if no, will you continue accusing just based on the misrep?
are there other scummy things in SharkFinn other than misrep/backtracking that made you vote for him?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
diginova wrote: Tasky and the others who this is their first game on-site: How would you describe your playstyle? Do you have any links to sample games off-site that can be viewed for some background information?
it's the first time I play online-mafia, so my online play-stile yet has to be formed... I can tell you about my face-to-face-play-stile:
I like taking control of the game early, ask question, somehow lead the discussion... this is also because I want to get people talking... In face-to-face mafia my favorite type of questions is "A, what do you think about B"; "A, what do you think about the fact that B thinks C is scum?" and similar things... from what I get, I'd say it's less effective in online-mafia, since the whole emotion-related reads (face, body-language,...) are missing
usually the ones I play mafia with let me do my game, since it's favorable to them to have somebody who exposes himself doing the questioning, so I never really needed to change my playing-style.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Tasky »

EDIT: damn... made a quote error again...
my post should look like this:

*********start of post correction***********
diginova wrote:but backtracking whenever a little bit of pressure is put on you is a common scum tactic to try placating everybody so they aren't under suspicion or the eventual lynchee.
well I agree with that, but it doesn't apply to SharkFinn's case, does it?
ReaperCharlie wrote:
do you still hold to your accuse based on backtracking? if yes, I'd like a good argument for that. if no, will you continue accusing just based on the misrep?
are there other scummy things in SharkFinn other than misrep/backtracking that made you vote for him?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
diginova wrote: Tasky and the others who this is their first game on-site: How would you describe your playstyle? Do you have any links to sample games off-site that can be viewed for some background information?
[/quote]
it's the first time I play online-mafia, so my online play-stile yet has to be formed... I can tell you about my face-to-face-play-stile:
I like taking control of the game early, ask question, somehow lead the discussion... this is also because I want to get people talking... In face-to-face mafia my favorite type of questions is "A, what do you think about B"; "A, what do you think about the fact that B thinks C is scum?" and similar things... from what I get, I'd say it's less effective in online-mafia, since the whole emotion-related reads (face, body-language,...) are missing
usually the ones I play mafia with let me do my game, since it's favorable to them to have somebody who exposes himself doing the questioning, so I never really needed to change my playing-style.

**********end of post correction**********
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Tasky »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Got ya...and in 4 pages too. (feel free to nominate me on mafia catcher after the game is done).
curiouskarmadog wrote:holy shit, when he said "razorback" I thought he meant an aggressive gorilla not a person....ok that explains why everyone is talking about "razorback" (was confused)....who I dont think I know...anyway, need to reread shit now that I realized razorback is a person and not a gorilla...god, I am fucking slow.
curiouskarmadog wrote:also
unvote
until then.
since you unvoted after razorback was explained to be a person and not a "gorilla", and you were so sure before that you even crowned yourself "mafia catcher", that means your whole case against gandalf was built only on him calling you razorback...
now, explain how that can be a reasonable attack (even if razorback was an aggressive gorilla)!
and BTW: please tell me the association that brought you from "razorback" to "aggressive gorilla"
I'm really going to
UNVOTE: ReaperCharlie
VOTE: curiouskarmadog
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Tasky »

PS: I'd really like you (RC and diginova) to post something useful instead of going off topic
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Tasky »

Seraphim wrote:Hey, guys, CKD is town. Honestly. I've played with him enough to know.
could you share your profound knowledge with us, master? how can you be so sure he is town?
if there is some meta you are relying on, please post links...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:01 pm

Post by Tasky »

curiouskarmadog wrote:hey dumbass (tasky), I unvoted because I am busy this weekend and have only skimmed the thread....

would you rather I keep my vote on when I am only skimming and havent read thoroughly?

would you like links to games that I have done that (unvoted when I was going to be busy longer than 48-72 hours)before in the past, or are you just acting like you care?
I actually don't care what you did in other games... I just noted you were so dead-sure that gandalf was scum, why would you ever unvote?
if one stays away from the game, he unvotes because he fears that his vote could harm the game in some way since he can't control it during that time; but if you wanted gandalf lynched so bad, why didn't you keep the vote? worst thing that could happen would him getting lynched, but didn't you want that?
what exactly did you fear could happen if you kept your vote?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

note to everybody:
please post a link if you use meta-stuff... otherwise it's impossible for me to follow your reasoning
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Tasky »

diginova wrote:
Tasky, while you wait to answer my question in 164
, another one for you: If you had a single daykill that you had to use right now, who would it be on and why?
Tasky wrote:
I already answered that question in post 168...

if I had a single nightkill I'd kill curiouskarmadog... I explained the reasons in post 180 and in post 198
reassuming it was the fact that he unvoted after being 100%-sure and the only thing which had changed was the notion of razorback not being a gorilla but a human...

now it's your turn: could you please describe us your playing-style, and tell us who you would kill right now with a single daykill?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
Seraphim wrote:Let's start with my defense of CKD. I'm going to let him defend himself but the effort trying to get CKD lynched is wasted ATM because
I'm nearly positive that he's town
just because you are positive that he's town, that really does not tell me anything... you could be wrong... until I get to hear
why
you are so positive in a way I can understand, I really see no reason to accept it as valid
Seraphim wrote:If you want links, go find them yourself. It's been a while, the game I was/is with him recently is currently ongoing, the rest were in the days of yesteryear and probably in the archieve. All I know is that CKD is angry...and angry CKD is generally town CKD until proven otherwise.
I tried to look through his games, but there are 63 of them each consisting of 30-80 pages each... how am I supposed to find the base for your argument if I don't even really understand your argument? couldn't you please do me the favor of trying to remember which game it was?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
curiouskarmadog wrote:bullshit meter just went off...I thought so.
Tasky wrote:
Seraphim wrote:Hey, guys, CKD is town. Honestly. I've played with him enough to know.
could you share your profound knowledge with us, master? how can you be so sure he is town?
if there is some meta you are relying on, please post links...
Tasky wrote: I actually don't care what you did in other games...
so you were just asking sera, to look like you were scum hutning then?
ok, let me restate it then: I don't care what
somebody (or you) says
that you have done in other games as long as I don't get evidence...
everybody can say "I always play like this, this is not a scumtell"... but until I get some evidence (in form of concrete quotes) for that, it's really a worthless argument...
curiouskarmadog wrote:would you rather I keep my vote on when I am only skimming and havent read thoroughly?
then let's tell me, how can you pretend to be so sure about somebody being scum if you only skimmed and haven't read thoroughly?
Tasky wrote:what exactly did you fear could happen if you kept your vote?
you still owe me an answer to this question.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:42 am

Post by Tasky »

TheLonging wrote:Tasky for pushing on ckd for very minor/irrelevant reasons
do you find it minor/irrelevant that CKD got so sure about someone being scum, that he even crowned himself "mafia catcher", and then unvotes because he is V/LA?
If I were V/LA I'd unvote if I'd fear that while I'm away that person could be lynched using my vote without me wanting that... but didn't CKD really want to lynch gandalf?
or at least that's what I had got from this post:
curiouskarmadog wrote:Got ya...and in 4 pages too. (feel free to nominate me on mafia catcher after the game is done).
and then, how could he be so sure somebody is scum if he was only "skimming and hadn't read thoroughly"... (quoted from this post)

I'm now waiting for CKD to get back and answer this questions to clear this issue at it's root:
how sure were you that gandalf was scum?
if you were so sure as it seemed, what did you fear in keeping your vote?
if you were not so sure, can you explain the reasons behind that post of yours?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Tasky »

TheLonging wrote: "reassuming it was the fact that he unvoted after being 100%-sure and the only thing which had changed was the notion of razorback not being a gorilla but a human..."

^I didn't quite understand that, I interpreted it as a reason for pushing the ckd vote even more, which IS minor. gandalf insulted (or tried to) ckd, and ckd/gandalf did have flawed logic (being somewhat sure in a vote based on a vibe, gandalf assuming that a vote based on a vibe is 100% serious) (whether or not that was intentional I have no idea), and ckd jumped on it I guess. It's not that scummy as it is null/being ooverconfident.
well, excuse me for that sentence, was badly worded...
here is what this should have meant:

I had the impression that CKD was 100% sure that gandalf was scum, it seemed nothing could have changed his mind (probably that's the wrong assumption here, but this is how his post looked to me)
then it was revealed that razorback was a annoying player, ... (this had actually nothing to do with CKD's case)
but then CKD unvoted for going V/LA...

now, since I assumed he was so sure, I found it somehow strange that he unvoted, even if he was V/LA so I thought that maybe he had changed his opinion about gandalf...
but the only thing which had changed between him voting and him unvoting was the razorback-thing... so, if he had unvoted for having changed his mind, only that thing could have been the reason, and I found that highly unlikely...

this is why I asked my questions of post 211...
I think the only possible way for my argument to be wrong is that the assumption (that CKD was 100%-sure about gandalf being scum) was wrong, so I'd like to hear from him whether that assumption was true or not
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Tasky »

diginova wrote:
Tasky wrote:but then CKD unvoted for going V/LA...

now, since I assumed he was so sure, I found it somehow strange that he unvoted, even if he was V/LA so I thought that maybe he had changed his opinion about gandalf...
but the only thing which had changed between him voting and him unvoting was the razorback-thing... so, if he had unvoted for having changed his mind, only that thing could have been the reason, and I found that highly unlikely...

this is why I asked my questions of post 211...
I think the only possible way for my argument to be wrong is that the assumption (that CKD was 100%-sure about gandalf being scum) was wrong, so I'd like to hear from him whether that assumption was true or not
Actually, it's pretty common no matter how sure you are to unvote before going V/LA, so if new clues emerge while you're gone, you don't still have a vote that can influence who gets lynched, especially at games where most votes at deadline determines the lynch. I truthfully don't think it's too much of a scumtell.
I see you point... maybe it's just a matter of playing-style...
I'm going to leave my vote on CKD for now until I get his answers too... then I'll see...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by Tasky »

let's assume TheLonging really was miller, we would not have any way to find out his alignment other than lynching him...
knowing his alignment however would help us more than knowing anyone else's alignment since he is the player with the greatest number of interactions so far.
best case scenario we get scum...
worst case scenario we lynch a miller...
lynching someone else would just be unnecessarily risking to lynch a power-role... even lynching a townie would be worse...
and there is nobody else who is scummy enough to justify that risk...

so UNVOTE: curiouskarmadog
VOTE: TheLonging

PS: I'd still like an answer to my questions from CKD when he returns, just to clear that issue
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Tasky »

SharkFinn wrote:For the overreaction/scummy response to CKDs accusation, the statement which you "wished to be on one of Anon's lists", the OMGUS after I voted you, and setting up a premature lynch. You good sir are scummy by far.

VOTE: Gandalf5166
wow... this looks scummy... you just voted a dead person...
that means you didn't read the night actions results, so either you are not interested (that's anti-town) or you already know (and you are scum)

so, VOTE: SharkFinn
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Tasky »

I really dislike Reaper Charlie...
it seems like he doesn't want to commit to scumhunting...
let's go quickly through his iso:

1-8: RVS and joking around
9: following another player
10: another RVS joke
11-16: posts without content
17: points out a fallacious attack agains himself, no scumhunting still
18: votes SharkFinn for the error he committed attacking RC... his smiley at the end indicates that it wasn't quite serious though
19-25: contentless posts
26: joking around and talking about another game / no content
27-28: joins the TheLonging wagon
28: "Ah what the heck. It'll tell us something either way, and this game is large enough that a few mislynches won't kill us." - seems as if he wants to get into night as soon as possible
29: joking around again
30: this is the first and only attempt to scum-hunt
31: no content

and then the last post
ReaperCharlie wrote:So... this piqued my interest, and I thought about it a while and Reverse Survivor Mason could only mean a few things.

If you apply Reverse to 'Survivor' it means that he only won if he was killed. He was killed and didn't satisfy his wincon, so that's right out.
If you apply Reverse to 'Mason', it doesn't really mean anything. This is right out. They were obviously masons of some kind, and the differing colors means they had different wincons so MoI can still possibly win while Gandalf might as well chalk this game up for a loss, if I understand it correctly.
If you apply Reverse to 'Survivor' and 'Mason' separately, it means that he only won if his partner was killed. Obviously his partner was killed and he didn't satisfy his wincon, so that's out too.

So this leaves us to conclude that Reverse must have been applied to 'Survivor Mason' as a single entity, which means that Gandalf was a Juliet and only won if Romeo lived, but MoI (Romeo) wins anyway with the town cause he's just a regular mason.

Interesting setup. Pretty confusing though.

Still gotta re-read and report back in a few days. Stay tuned sports fans.
I have to say that I highly dislike this post... you are trying to analyze something which is almost useless... gandalf died, nobody shared his win-con, so actually it's quite irrelevant what his exact role was...
it seems as if you posted in order to make us think you were doing something useful... but you are not...

the whole game you posted a lot (32 posts is quite above average), but posted almost no content... this looks to me like somebody who wants to look active but at the same time doesn't want to commit to any opinion... and that, my friend, is scummy

so I think I'll
FoS:
ReaperCharlie...
I'll vote you if SharkFinn clears his position (his vote-on-dead and why he posted without reading the results of the night)
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by Tasky »

Zang wrote:
Tasky wrote:I have to say that I highly dislike this post... you are trying to analyze something which is almost useless... gandalf died, nobody shared his win-con, so actually it's quite irrelevant what his exact role was...
it seems as if you posted in order to make us think you were doing something useful... but you are not...
I disagree, Knowing the roles of dead players are important because they may affect the game later, especially in this game.
yeah, in general you are right... but gandalf had a unique win-condition nobody shared with him... he was linked only to magna who is dead too and even if he were linked to others in some way we would have no way to know...
once he is dead, we really should focus on scum-hunting, since digging up gandalfs win-con will not help us at all...
look, I see no problem if one were an active scum-hunter and in one of his posts added that reasoning... my problem with RC is that he never scum-hunted at all in the first place...
he made one slight attempt to do something when day one was over ([url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p2360238]this post/url]) in the whole game... that can't be considered enough to warrant avoiding scum-hunting even more by setup-speculation...
my point is that such posts let someone look like he is doing something pro-town and are therefore an easy way to get town-cred... and looking for town-cred while not posting anything valuable is a scum-tell in my opinion...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Tasky »

EBWOP: damn... made an error with that link... wanted to link to this post
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Tasky »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Well, I was right about Gandalf (well mostly a 3rd party isn’t town), interested in Tasky thoughts about me now that Gandalf didn’t flip town.
the fact that you were right about gandalf is neither a scum-tell nor a town-tell for me, since both town and scum would have attacked gandalf more or less the same way...
I stay with my opinion that I'd like to hear from you how sure you were that gandalf was scum...
curiouskarmadog wrote:really? That is what that means? You think scum submitted a kill and didn’t bother to check to see what they might or might not of hit? This is bad reasoning.
yeah, you are right...
curiouskarmadog wrote:Dear tasky, please tell me who you think is scum and why?...feel free to OMGUS vote if you need to, hope you have better reasoning than all of your votes thus far in the game. or maybe you just dont care about good reasoning.
as I said, ReaperCharlie...
maybe it's you not reading, since I already posted my reasons clearly...
I reassume:
he posts a lot, but posts a lot of useless stuff... this makes him look like he was doing something when he actually does nothing... I read through his iso and could find exactly one post which was a slight attempt to do something useful...

I should have done this earlier:
UNVOTE: SharkFinn
VOTE: ReaperCharlie
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:21 am

Post by Tasky »

Anon wrote:
Prob Town:

sharkfin (very likely a scumbag would not know who died in the night)
could you explain this argument a little better? I don't understand it
ReaperCharile (quickly losing town points due to not doing anything and constant sheeping)
if he is losing town points in your opinion, why are you putting him on the prob-town list?
Anon wrote:I was going to push a diginova wagon (iso looks terrible with few strong positions and some InformationInsteadOfAnalysis but the "bah go town? or bah go scum?" (post 245) gives me some kind of pause.
why is that post inherently townish, townish enough to make you ignore what you call a terrible looking iso?
Anon wrote:Tasky is the next good wagon.

Vote: Tasky.
I don't see any reason for that in your whole post. Could you please show the arguments behind your vote?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:00 am

Post by Tasky »

@mod:
I'm going to be
V/LA 15.07 - 31.07
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:11 am

Post by Tasky »

Anon wrote:
tasky wrote:why is that post inherently townish, townish enough to make you ignore what you call a terrible looking iso?
this is also pretty simple. Diginova as scum is less likely to ask that type of question before a flip since he would know the result. Its an elaborate gambit and Im not sure if diginova is able to do that.
actually that post had the exact opposite effect on me... for me it's more the thing scum would do to look townish...
but I think this is getting into WIFOM, so in the end I think that post has to be taken as a null-tell
Anon wrote:yes, the guy is useless but tangible scummy when there are a lot of other players useless as well?
there is a big difference:
other players post rarely, but the quality/quantity ratio is good...
RC has posted a lot of posts, quite above average, but he didn't post almost anything of content...
the difference is that if you post rarely, you are somehow "admitting" that you are lurking... while posting nonsense but a lot of it, looks like lurking trying to look like you are not lurking...
and the problem is that if one finds the time to post nonsensical posts, he can at least sometimes post some content...
Anon wrote:
diginova wrote:Any specifics as to what specifically you got out of my ISO that has me on your probscum list other than the fact that I am overall a cautious player and didn't like an RVS wagon?
A cautious player is more likely to be scum. Can you cite examples of that cautious behavior in other games?
this looks really far fetched... "cautious" is a playing style... being cautious doesn't increase the odds of getting a scum-role-PM
diginova wrote:In ISO4-7, you keep specifying that you want TheLonging dead, going as far as putting "I want Longingscum dead under a grave" as your only content in ISO6. Yet in ISO8, in your continued update of your scumlist after not posting at all for over a week,
you remove TheLonging from your list *without any explanation*
maybe because TheLonging was dead at that point?
Anon wrote:
diginova wrote:Speaking of IIoA, why are you giving no reasons any more for changes to your list? You seem to just be following the majority, jumping off the Longing wagon when it became unpopular and onto the other most popular wagon. You haven't given any useful information or analysis since July 1, and you just seem to be active lurking yet making it seem like you're giving new information due to your constantly changing scum list.
¬¬
what's the point of this?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
ReaperCharlie wrote:@ Seraphim accusing Tasky of double-standards in RVS: w/e, I dont think it's a tell. if he's a newbie, let him act like a newbie. I am wondering why ooba would let such a newbie into a large theme game though :?
what exactly makes you think my play is newbiesh?
SharkFinn's entrance to the game in #44 doesn't seem particularly strong or well thought out, but... yeah its pretty early to have anything to go on. In #45 though he pushes for a lynch already: "5 more to lynch Tasky (of course I doubt it will happen soon)", which I don't find particularly useful or pro town.
that post looks more like an RVS-joke to me, I don't know if you can call that "pushing for a lynch"
#49 from digi seems more like town-paranoia than scum-freakin-out, as I mention in #50.
I agree
I like #53 from Anon.
you said that back then already... what's still missing is a reason
#54: Sharkfinn is also a VI. Oh noes. Now we have two already.
what about that post makes you think SF is VI?
#60 and #61 from diginova sounds like an IC talking, not really like a player playing. This is not a newbie game. If scum don't have a day talk QT, why help out newbies in this game? This game shouldn't have newbies in it, period. It makes things a lot less fun for serious players.
so he shouldn't had expressed the opinion that putting everybody on a list is bad?
assume that's true, would't town want to know that and stop doing it/never do it... is it bad to help newb-townies?
or do you think it would help newb-scum? if yes, why?
Karma's comments in #66 about sharkfinn's #44 echo my own.
is that good or bad?
sharkfinn's #67 is terribad in defending against #66, but then again looking at his join date... idk. still though, read this: "At the moment of the post, he was the scummiest in my eyes. Of course it was not set in stone and I already had intentions to move the vote if things got closer." So he voted for whoever the largest wagon was because he was scummiest. yay, because votes on somebody make them scummy! logic fail. but the disturbing part is "Of course it was not set in stone and I already had intentions to move the vote if things got closer." <-- ORLY. then what is the point of a pressure vote?
I agree
#72: yawn
could you express your opinion in a way that's understandable?
#79: I like this post. I think I like 99% of Magna's posts on the site. They drip town. Easy to say after he's all dead and flipped and whatnot, but yeah, point stands. this post was good even before he died.
what exactly do you like, that he is voting you? you should really explain this point a little better.
my #88 and #89: sorta my excuse for not paying so much attention. lol
explain this point a little better please, how exactly are those posts an excuse for not paying attention?
#107. shhhhhhhh let him figure these things out by himself. this is not a newbie game, please stop treating it like it is. they won't learn more by being babied, they'll learn more by making mistakes and getting ganked for it. (yes, i realize that if they are pro-town that it's 'scummy' of me to say this, but frankly, I don't care)
you don't care being 'scummy'? you prefer playing in an anti-town manner just so that new players don't get some advises?
wasn't one of the rules "play to win"? or maybe you are scum and you are playing to win...
#110 sparkles with pro-town loveliness.
what exactly about his post do you think is pro town
I like #112 as well, but that looks like it could also be a scum sheep vote with parroted reasoning. Still, looking at the join date, it could just be an earnest vote.
weren't you the one who said that "newbies shouldn't be babied"?
@ 118: ORLY diginova. you missed it. i believe you.
is this sarcasm or do you really mean it?
Zang's third reply in #120 makes me want to backhand him,
but it seems like only a townie would say something like this
. And it's true, Zang plays differently as scum. But I ... but...
Unvote
why exactly do you think that?
Seraphim #122: WOOP WOOP IIoA ALERT!!! scummy post
is this a joke or are you serious?
ckd 124: you seem rather jumpy about a vote on you, good sir. and not even a vote, just a threat of a vote. noted.
is that scummy?
I kinda like 127 even though the vote is wrong. nobody could have known. I thought thelonging was scum just as much as anyone else did (except the real scum that is, lol).
||
anyways in a game this large, it's likely we have 2 scum groups and/or a number of third-party roles like gandalf's.
what exactly is the connection between the two parts of your statement?
I like #148 by 'I doubt it'. The points about Zang AND the points about TheLonging. How long have you been on the site, IDI? you seem to know how to cut through the crap and get to the meat of the discussion, at least, a lot better than some of the other newbies floating around. I see you have been here a month, that might explain most of it.
if you like the points about Zang, why did you unvote then?

for now I'm quite comfortable with my vote on you...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Tasky »

@mod: I found a way to get internet connection, I'll be able to post every 2/3 days during my V/LA... so please don't replace me...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Tasky »

nice game guys... I would have loved to play this out myself. LMP messed up at first, but then managed to pull this win off in a really astonishing manner. congrats. thx for replacing me.
is it possible to see the dead player QT?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”