Mini 961: Insane Asylum II: GAME OVER :O!

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Tarhalindur wrote:There are three claimed millers (plus one dead one). Two of those claimed millers also claimed an infectious ability that reverses sanities of specific abilities (namely, all abilities they are millers to) for one night.

The only one who didn't is StrangerCoug..
Yes I did claim a sanity reversal for one night.
StrangerCoug wrote:L-2, so as per Tarhalindur, time for me to reveal that I am a nightkill-immune modified miller vigilante. Modified as in I investigate the opposite I normally do to any given sanity cop.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Glork wrote:Coug: Does your NK-Immunity state that all kills attempted on you fail, or does it bring kill sanity into the issue?
Kill sanity is referenced in the role PM. (So is doc sanity, but the only thing I think I should worry about in that clause is a naïve doctor.)
(The second quote corrects a formatting error caused by the move.)
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Corvuus »

You are not a sane person to have a discussion with.
I never said ANYTHING about you joining a game oblivious to the fact that the setup is screwed up. I said "WTF mod, this is screwed up worse than IA1". You then said I should replace out if I can't stomach it? Seriously?

If you knew the setup is screwed up, why didnt you read your role better?

C
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Corvuus »

wait.

Tar, your miller reversal is only 1 night only?

C
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Corvuus »

edit by way of post:

nm. i misread. You meant the "extra" 3rd ability global reversal.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:22 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Corvuus wrote:= I never said ANYTHING about you joining a game oblivious to the fact that the setup is screwed up. I said "WTF mod, this is screwed up worse than IA1". You then said I should replace out if I can't stomach it? Seriously?
If you can handle the setup just fine, then it makes more sense to me for you to straight up say so in your response. Staying in despite being unable to handle the complexity would not make me happy, but is not a reliable tell either. If none of the options you had about staying and going were that damning, then why did you tell me off?
Corvuus wrote: If you knew the setup is screwed up, why didnt you read your role better?
I expected to be able to grab all I needed in one passthrough. Apparently, in bastard mod games, that does not hold. (I can now safely say that my role in Mind Screw Mafia 4 also required more than one runthrough due to its length.)

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Corvuus »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Corvuus wrote:= I never said ANYTHING about you joining a game oblivious to the fact that the setup is screwed up. I said "WTF mod, this is screwed up worse than IA1". You then said I should replace out if I can't stomach it? Seriously?
If you can handle the setup just fine, then it makes more sense to me for you to straight up say so in your response. Staying in despite being unable to handle the complexity would not make me happy, but is not a reliable tell either. If none of the options you had about staying and going were that damning, then why did you tell me off?
Let's not drag on this anymore. It is just wasting post space. I'll just say that what makes sense for you and me is apparently quite different.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm heading to anime con this weekend and general July 4th stuff... so I'll be VLA starting sometime tomorrow until July 4th-5thish.

Deadline is this saturday so I'll vote extension tomorrow if something happens that makes me not want to lynch SC. Otherwise, I'm quite content with SC-SK lynch.

----------------------

SC, if you want to convince me to extension/potentially not lynch you could you:

1. Do a full claim (without risking modkill, or leaving anything out) of what your role is/how you understand it.

Parts we know about your claim and that I want clarification on:
You are "NK immune", but according to earlier comments, you could be killed by a dayvig.
Later, you mention that you are charged based/powering up. Further elaboration said that you are sanity and protection reversal (miller by investigation as well) and, if i interpret correctly, any kills that get past your sanity 'armor' would get soaked up by your general kill immunity. So you are 'invincible' in terms of death, but unless there is a dayvig, redirector, naive doctor, you can't powerup to use your vig ability at all since, presumably, a normal mafia kill targeted on you would fail due to sanity reversal so your 'charge' defense wouldn't occur and wouldn't charge you up.
You are also a insane asylum patient who can talk at night.
You do not have a 'global' 1 time ability like the other claimed millers do.
You have not talked at night at all (day 1, nothing; day 2, lockdown).

Is there anything missing or wrong about this interpretation or how would you put it? You also listed Haylen as your top suspect before? Anything further to add?

Corvuus
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Haylen »

Sorry, I was gonna give something today, but then I got kicked off my Uni course, so I'm a little bit pissed off and depressed right now.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:44 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Well damn, deadline is in two days. I'll give you another lazy vote count and maybe do a prod check
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:44 am

The Thiry-Sixth "<Yeaaaah...>" Vote Count

"<Still being lazy>"

Mod Note: Yeah, still on fail votecounts.

1. magnus_orion (0)
2. StrangerCoug (2): Corvuus, Dramonic
3. SocioPath (0)
4. Corvuus (0)
7. Tarhalindur (0)
9. Haylen (2): SocioPath, magnus_orion
11. Dramonic (2): StrangerCoug, Tarhalindur

Not Voting (1): Haylen

Prod Clock (New): 48 hours
Players still needing to respond to prod: Dramonic

Extension Votes: magnus_orion

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch
Deadline is in 2 days at 8:00 PM EST, Saturday, July 3rd, 2010
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:46 am

Dram needs to be punched in the face. With a prod
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:50 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Corvuus wrote:SC, if you want to convince me to extension/potentially not lynch you could you:

1. Do a full claim (without risking modkill, or leaving anything out) of what your role is/how you understand it.
Nightkill-immune modified miller vig. All investigations, protections, and kills that target me have their sanity reversed. Every kill attempt made on me gets me a point, every kill I make costs me a point, and I can talk at night in thread.
Corvuus wrote: Parts we know about your claim and that I want clarification on:
You are "NK immune", but according to earlier comments, you could be killed by a dayvig.
Later, you mention that you are charged based/powering up. Further elaboration said that you are sanity and protection reversal (miller by investigation as well) and, if i interpret correctly, any kills that get past your sanity 'armor' would get soaked up by your general kill immunity. So you are 'invincible' in terms of death, but unless there is a dayvig, redirector, naive doctor, you can't powerup to use your vig ability at all since, presumably, a normal mafia kill targeted on you would fail due to sanity reversal so your 'charge' defense wouldn't occur and wouldn't charge you up.
You are also a insane asylum patient who can talk at night.
You do not have a 'global' 1 time ability like the other claimed millers do.
You have not talked at night at all (day 1, nothing; day 2, lockdown).

Is there anything missing or wrong about this interpretation or how would you put it?
That's everything!
Corvuus wrote:You also listed Haylen as your top suspect before? Anything further to add?
Haylen is still way up there, but dramonic has pretty much convinced me that he is lazy scum. dramonic didn't care about the lynch yesterday as long as we went after Haylen today, but now he's latched on me, calling Haylen town for no clear reason.

Vote: Deadline extension

magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:20 am

Post by magnus_orion »

@SC: ask the mod if all kills that target you will fail, barring power role kills that ignore nk-immunity. Also ask if you die from actions that only result in your death due to sanity. If not, ask if you receive points for such actions.
Corvuus wrote:you reverse the sanity of all kills that target you.

Mafia can kill non-millers for sure, so the kill ability should be 'sane' right? So if the mafia were to target you, it would be reversed and failed right?

This is the interpretation that makes sense to me since Tar killed Glork who was miller on protection. "sane" doc Tar, made insane by Glork miller results in death. If Tar targets you, you would die. If mafia targets you, you would live. So not quite NK immune but (assuming Tar doesn't increase his friendly fire kills... or Haylen?), you are NK immune?

Corv
Well, DGB was a mafia doctor, which was clearly intended to be used to off millers who reverse kill sanity. Plus, suppose I use "infectious" on the same night a mafia kill targets me. I'd die. So no, nk-immunity does not follow from my role, but it is why me and tar are still alive (presumably).

Corvuus wrote:ugh. serious setup hatred. how could this be so much worse than insane asylum 1???!!!!!!!

When I levelled up and took more class levels in Mod, I also maxed my ranks in bastardery
explain precisely what about the setup spurned this statement, corvuus

SP's claim is the most unusual given what we know of the setup.
I'd like him to elaborate on the "flavor" he referred to.

Haylen's had a lot of convenient problems lately. As much as I hate to find such RL situations scummy, it is a pretty consistent and reliable scumtell. As such, I demand she put this game as her top priority in mafia related things and post her thoughts asap.

Finally, Dramonic needs to start talking. Now.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

magnus_orion wrote:@SC: ask the mod if all kills that target you will fail, barring power role kills that ignore nk-immunity. Also ask if you die from actions that only result in your death due to sanity. If not, ask if you receive points for such actions.
PM is out.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Official word is
ANY
attempt to kill me fails (unless it can get around protections) and gets me a point.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by dramonic »

And what is it you want now MO?
Also, the votecount seems incorrect.

No it isn't.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by SocioPath »

magnus_orion wrote:SP's claim is the most unusual given what we know of the setup.
I'd like him to elaborate on the "flavor" he referred to.
Well given Rule 17, I'll paraphrase what I can.
For instance, my role is even a paraphrase.
There is an ellipsis somewhere in there from what I previously said.
My ability involves me being a therapist of my role names type, but there are a few key dashes in there for differing meanings.

And oh boy, day ending on a holiday weekend?
OH BOY.
Vote: Deadline Extension
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Grr. I'll vote SC if we need to ensure a lynch, but I'd appreciate more time to think.

Vote: Deadline Extension
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

dramonic wrote:And what is it you want now MO?
Also, the votecount seems incorrect.

No it isn't.
Your opinions. On everything. You to scumhunt. To make an effort in this game.

SC is definitely not a good lynch choice... I really don't think he's mafia. And if he's an SK, I really don't care.

I still believe Dramonic is scum.

How about this.
We lynch dramonic. I use my ability tonight. SP doesn't do anything, Haylen targets herself, and Tar targets SP. That leaves Coorvus, Tar, Me, and SC.
I think Coorvus is town, I know Tar is town, I know I'm town. Because of those reads, I don't believe there is a result under this where two mafia make it to tomorrow, or mafia equal or outnumber the town tomorrow. If haylen doesn't target herself, we should lynch her. If both haylen and SP live, we lynch SP.

Scum will try to kill me or tar because of my using my ability.
If we haven't won by then, it will be a 3-way lylo between myself or tar, corvuus, and SC.
And then we'll probably lynch SC.

Are there any problems with this? I sort of just ran it off the top of my head, so I'm not positive it totally checks out.
Show
Win-Loss
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:37 am

Post by Haylen »

Magnus wrote:Haylen's had a lot of convenient problems lately. As much as I hate to find such RL situations scummy, it is a pretty consistent and reliable scumtell. As such, I demand she put this game as her top priority in mafia related things and post her thoughts asap.
Convienient my arse. Get this. I failed first year Psychology because during the exams I was going back and forward through police interviews and they wont accept that as evidence for mitigating circumstances. Now, I've just tried to get on a Social Work course but that's full too, my uni fails to realise that UCAS applications are void now because they deadline has past. Now I'm going have to wait for clearing, so I'll end up on a stupid course that I have no wish to complete or get a job from. Either that or I'm going to have to quit Uni for a year and take a gap year and get a full time job, which will totally ruin mine and Jordan's lives because we wont be able to keep up with rent AND council tax. On top of that, I'm suffering with problems with my heart, the guy I gave evidence for at the police station has expressed desires to kill me and I have every wish in the world to kill myself. Great and now my mother thinks I'm a worthless, useless pile of shit - not really any change there, usually she doesn't tell me though. Yes, I am crying right now, I apologise for any incorrect spelling or grammer. So no, my problems arent convienient. Kindly, fuck off.

And modding my newbie games is my top priority of MS. So you can fuck off on that one too.

Have a nice day.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:39 am

Post by Haylen »

EDWOP. Meant SC.

Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:52 am

Post by Corvuus »

Although I think we've already reached necessary votes,

vote extension

my VLA will start late today due to ride situation to con.

==
haylen: Real life always takes precedent. Do what you need to do. I'm not sure exactly where you are located but I believe it is most likely your college does have rules for part-time attendance (reduced tuition, you must have so many hours at a verifiable job). I have friends who missed 1 class and couldn't petition it for graduation so they were forced to go this route since school only offered the class once a year. It sucks and screws timetables up a lot... but life is just full of challenges to be overcome!

I'm just finishing up a 6 year ECE Ph.D. and have had depression problems too. Being pro-active is the best thing. If we do nothing, then it is impossible for us or our situation to change.

I'll make another mafia-centric post.

C
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:22 am

Post by Corvuus »

MO:
I was considering millers, your claim, SP's claim, and how SC's claim/abilities would work. Your abilities make you a '1-time' vig with at least Tar. I read this post. #537 mod flavor.
UncertainKitten wrote:
The lights started dimming in the asylum. It seemed that a decision had to be made soon or the warden would just shoot someone for the lulz. All eyes quickly turn to Ellibereth, who appeared to be wearing the fetish fuelistic sight of a short skirted nurse outfit. For some reason this probably wasn't very hot since Ellibereth is male. Well, I mean, he might be a bishonen, who knows.

Anyway, long and short of it is that he ends up getting strung up and lynched. Everyone eagerly searches his things...to find that he's a registered nurse and has no evidence ever having touched the warden's teddy bear. Oh, they also find some very interesting charts.

Staff:
Naive: Removes all protections
Sane: Protects target
Insane: Kills target
Paranoid: Protects self

Former Police Officers:
Naive: Gets innocent result
Sane: Gets true result
Insane: Gets opposite of true result
Paranoid: Gets guilty result

Former Sex Workers:
No aberrations

Former Sleuths:
Naive: Sees target target no one
Sane: Sees target target their target
Insane: Sees target target the dead player
Paranoid: Sees target target self.

Murderers:
Naive: Kills target
Sane: Kills target
Insane: Protects Target
Paranoid: Kills self.

Please see page two for more details

However, you have no luck finding page 2.

The warden orders the doctors into the board room, turns off the lights, and demands they sleep, especially given the hard day. She does the same to the inmates...but they aren't standing for that.

The warden releases the sleeping gas...and curses loudly as she realizes she released it into the board room. The inmates keep up their chatter and the warden gives up on silencing them. This time.
Tar killed Glork so he is a 1-time vig with your reversal. You may be a 1-time vig or, depending on sanity, you might kill yourself since investigation potentially paranoid. There are other 'ugh, what the heck is reversing doing/meaning' thoughts but I don't think I should elaborate at this time.

The miller part is annoying but the other part is that this list has NO psychologist... but we have a dead psychologist. We have a claimed psychologist not in the cabal. Odds of him fake claiming are not that high to me. Mafia psychologist who isn't in cabal, or town psychologist who isn't in cabal. Either way, mod is probably "lol, you ain't in cabal!!!!".

I also have no idea what a miller jack of all trades is on this list, or if your role makes sense in context since it seems either overpowered or suicidal.

So while I trust Tar, i'm not sure what to think about you or your claim. You could be town (with your claimed role, paranoid sanity?) or you could be scum (fake claiming all or part since i can't imagine the entire role as scum) who bussed DGB once tar locked on.

I believe Tar's role (he killed Glork) and I believe Haylen's role (roleblock). SP and yours, I'm "wtf mod" at. I also really believe SC is an SK. Maybe mafia have superkill and they think that they can deal with him later, or SK has superkill and he is lying through his teeth about charges, etc.

Hmm.....

If Tar agrees with you and we do vig, I'd still rather kill SC-SK since it is the safest optimization for town without relying on dice/luck with reversability,nightactions.

Corvuus
p.s. i'll try to post when I take off for VLA. Have a nice weekend.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:25 am

Post by Corvuus »

edit by way of post:

ugh, i was thinking of SP's "revolving' sanity change, not reversal. You might not have a suicidal action at all. I still don't see how this role is balanced.

C
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:09 am

Extension Votes: magnus_orion, StrangerCoug, Socio, Tarhalindur

Extension granted as of post 1066.

New Deadline is 8:00 PM EDT, Saturday, July 10
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:42 am

Post by magnus_orion »

@corvuus: If I use my ability I can't protect in the same night, so I can't be a vig.
If we target SC he won't die (see above)
So your suggestions to change this plan aren't helpful
Each of my abilities corresponds to a different type of player on that list, though. So my investigations are police, my tracks are sleuths, my protections are staff, etc. Explain what you mean about my role being balanced.
Also answer my question from a few posts ago.

@Haylen: sorry to hear that. Doesn't change that you haven't said anything all day, unfortunately for you. If you're really having trouble and this game is too much of a commitment, you are open to drop out.
Show
Win-Loss

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”