Mini 971: Princess bride - They all lived .......

horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Ekim's turn.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Post by ekiM »

Grandson, townie.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:12 am

Post by MacavityLock »

As I stated in my first non-confirmation post, I am a Miller. I am the Dread Pirate Roberts.

I need a little time to consider the mass claim results.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Parama »

Wow I totally forgot about that.
I don't think the massclaim helps us much, everyone who was unclaimed claimed VT <.<
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:40 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

I have a bit of a problem with Macavitylock's claim... In the movie/book, Westley IS the Dread Pirate Roberts. Parama already claimed Westley, no? And if you could possibly point to some flavor that may indicate that's a character suitable for a miller, it'd be much appreciated.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Jack »

No one claimed vizzini then. So that's probably the name of the last scum. Does that mean scum is in one of the less likely name claims that was left as a safeclaim?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Jack »

horrordude0215 wrote:I have a bit of a problem with Macavitylock's claim... In the movie/book, Westley IS the Dread Pirate Roberts. Parama already claimed Westley, no? And if you could possibly point to some flavor that may indicate that's a character suitable for a miller, it'd be much appreciated.
The dread pirate roberts is kind of a bad guy but not really evil like some of the others. This game has kind of stuck to flavor for the roles but not really closely.

The title is passed on so that there have been many dread pirate robert's. Or maybe farside wasn't paying much attention.

There are many princesses in the book iirc, why can't you claim your full name again?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Parama »

Technically I'm also Dread Pirate Roberts so :roll:
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Jack »

Parama wrote:Technically I'm also Dread Pirate Roberts so :roll:
I though westley handed on the title to his first mate or something.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Parama »

Reference frames suck.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:56 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Jack wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:I have a bit of a problem with Macavitylock's claim... In the movie/book, Westley IS the Dread Pirate Roberts. Parama already claimed Westley, no? And if you could possibly point to some flavor that may indicate that's a character suitable for a miller, it'd be much appreciated.
The dread pirate roberts is kind of a bad guy but not really evil like some of the others. This game has kind of stuck to flavor for the roles but not really closely.
I'll have to check something... I think you're wrong about that, though.
There are many princesses in the book iirc, why can't you claim your full name again?
Modkill if I do.
Jack wrote:No one claimed vizzini then. So that's probably the name of the last scum. Does that mean scum is in one of the less likely name claims that was left as a safeclaim?
Not necessarily... Fezzik was scum, but Inigo was town.
Does that mean scum is in one of the less likely name claims that was left as a safeclaim?
It's interesting that you say that, because the albino isn't a character I'd really expect to be in the story. And if we're flavor speculating (not sure the validity in it because of farsidemod, but whatever), the albino did whatever Prince Humperdink/Count Rugen told him to do, so he may be very likely scum.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:57 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Mod: If you could fix the quote tags in the last post, that'd be great
:oops:
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Jack »

Modkill if I do.
Why?
It's interesting that you say that
How interesting?
Vizzini was a major character though, you'd expect him to appear, especially with the mod stretching for characters. I'm wondering if scum didn't want to claim him for some reason. Because if humperdink, count rugen, and vizzini were scum then they might realize that claiming a bad character is not a good way to go.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Jack »

hmm, yes, during the movie westley is still the dread pirate roberts.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:12 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Jack wrote:
Modkill if I do.
Why?
Idk, that's just what Farside told me.
It's interesting that you say that
How interesting?[/quote]Already explained that.
Vizzini was a major character though, you'd expect him to appear, especially with the mod stretching for characters. I'm wondering if scum didn't want to claim him for some reason. Because if humperdink, count rugen, and vizzini were scum then they might realize that claiming a bad character is not a good way to go.[/quote]Yes, but if Fezzik were scum, it'd make sense to think that Vizzini and Inigo were as well, because they were the 3 to kidnap the princess. But with inigo as town, I don't know.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Jack »

If vizzini was town he would have name claimed vizzini.

The only thing to dislike about ML is that he didn't push DDD harder d2 when he claims he thought I had role related reasons for voting him. My instinct as townie in that situation has been to go after the person hard and try and get them lynched so that the cop/tracker etc doesn't have to claim.

But he also voted DDD before deadline and pushed cmar over parama.

The fact that his flavor is contradictory goes with the miller claim actually.

Horror's inability to name claim continues to be very strange. SPS is most likely scum though...hmm.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Jack »

hmm, SPS has been doing jackall, but isn't the town kind of hamstrung without a town cop? 4 scum, and the only town roles are doctor, weird hider role, and weird rolecop? And we have a miller and a scum godfather (assuming from sword boss).

On the other hand, a town cop is kind of nerfed in this setup anyway. 2/4 scum turn up innocent (assuming sk I.I.), and a guilty has a 1/3 chance of being on a townie, and after a claim the cop is roleblocked.

I don't hold his non-dying against him though.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:39 am

Post by MacavityLock »

OK, given that Kmd was poisoned, the remaining killer is almost certainly either Vizzini or Westley, probably Vizzini. (Vizzini uses poisons, Westley built up an immunity to them, so would probably have access to them.) Note that all other night kills have been just plain "killed". I'm wondering whether "poisoning" is a special role, and I've had this suspicion since Day 2. Let me present the following. (Yay, we have post numbers back!)
Kmd4390, iso 14, my bolding wrote:Dear Town,

After we lynch ekiM, and the scum kill me tonight, I have a final request. My wish is that you guys lynch Steam-Powered Shovel tomorrow.
Don't mourn the loss of me as I've grown ill and would be likely to pass soon anyway. Due to this illness, I've become very aware of the strong value of human life, including lives of those who have made bad choices.
However, I must make an exception in Steam's case. The reason for this is that Steam, along with his partner in crime, ekiM, is guilty of conspiracy for murder and a takeover of our wonderful town. I believe in justice and will gladly give my own life for what is right. Do not let these murderer scumbags get away with this wrong doing. Be strong and do what is right after my death. I will be here for the remainder of the day to see to it that ekiM sees the gallows by nightfall.

Yours Truly,

Kmd.
So there's that. First question: Has anyone been told that they have been poisoned?

Secondly, if Poisoner is a role, the last remaining role, wouldn't that conflict with the roleblocking that SPS has been claiming?

Of course, pulling back on that is the fact that a Miller without a Cop is a wasted role. Now, I just won a game as scum taking advantage of a setup with a Miller but no Cop.

Given even numbers, at some point we should be doing No Lynch, but I don't know if that's today or tomorrow.

----

As for my claim, I have no flavor whatsoever, so I don't know why the Dread Pirate Roberts would be a Miller.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Jack »

Yeah. I was thinking that the poisoned pointed towards vizzini (although it was westley in the movie, it seems like a vizzini thing).

But I don't see what the kmd quote has to do with it, because that was day 2...you'd think he would die n2.

hmm so many things to think about.

An actual poisoner as a role rather than kill flavor seems unlikely. So that doesn't rule out a scum roleblocker. And scum can roleblock + kill usually.

But I'm wondering if westley isn't the last mafia after all. He was the one with the poison. They wouldn't have used it out of fear of revealing that perhaps.

But so many of the other roles have a link between flavor and function. I have to look at that.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Jack »

SensFan -Prince Humperdink - Serial Killer (3rd PARTY)
Amiphorv1 - MiracleMax-Doctor (TOWN)
DDD -Fezzik (aka Andre the giant) - goon (SCUM)
curiouskarmadog - Inigo Montoya - swordsman (TOWN)
CryMeARiver - Count Tyrone Rugeen - Sword boss (SCUM)
Kmd4390 - The Clergyman - Townie (TOWN)

Jack--The Albino--Townie
MacavityLock--Dread Pirate Roberts--Miller
ekiM--Grandson--Townie
Parama--Westley--Hero
Horror--Westley's lover--hider
SPS--Grandfather--Cop

Flavor seems to be fitting generally. Actually it looks like all of the flavor fits except for SPS.

Humperdinck was creepy kind of murderer. MiracleMax was a doctor. Fezzick was a hired goon. Inigo was a swordsman. The Count was a sword boss. The clergyman, the albino, and the grandson are all bit characters. Dread pirate roberts you would think is evil, but is actually a good guy--westley.

Parama and horror have weird roles. I can see the hider dying if they hide with humperdinck. Parama's role is a bit more useful now that it seems that flavor is a bit more damning than we would have thought. I can't help but feel there is more going on with these two. It seems like parama had the ability to find the princess for a reason, and horror couldn't name claim for a reason.

But I see no reason at all for the grandfather to be the cop, it doesn't make sense.

Also, I'm now noticing that CKD flipped swordsman. Which seems to be a protown role of some kind.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

Although it isn't mentioned in my pm, I've definitely seen the omniscient narrator-cop justification before. More relevantly, does this set-up appear balanced to you without a cop? It doesn't to me.

Dread Pirate Roberts is a very weird claim. It makes no sense to me that that would be a separate role in the game. Theory: ML intended to claim Vizzini as miller, but figured the poisoning would point to him and thus opted for a different role.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Jack »

mmm, if we assume cop then it seems like either Mac or Parama. In which case it seems like obv parama. But I think Mac is much better scum than parama. And his line of reasoning about the poisoner is off. Errg.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Jack »

You know I'm starting to really think it's Mac.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Jack »

Rereading wolf/cmar and compiling some stuff.
wolframnhart wrote:could also be a scum gambit though. Hard to tell one way or the other right now.
CryMeARiver wrote: Wolf does what I would have done and policy votes bv. Good job wolf!
ML claims Miller and has a "semi-random" vote on SPS for trying to force a joke
Sens vote ML for claiming miller
Parama wins town points for reaction to miller claim :)
Wolf gains town points for his open mind about miller claim

ML says Sens' selfvote is very townie. +dumb points
DDD and Jack argument-I think Jack is just trying to be funny, but DDD has a good point +little town points
ekiM says he has never seen a miller claim, but then says that some people do like to lynch millers. Also has bullshit reasons for find Parama scummy. +scum points
CKD says that "ML is not the lynch for today" which I don't like. If you find him scummiest, you vote/lynch him, no matter what his claim. Maybe just a slip of the tongue, so I'll let it by for now.
ML makes a protown vig comment +town points
cmar has no real reaction to miller claim but gives people town points and mentions what they think about it a lot.

Also, it didn't seem like cmar was bussing parama yesterday. I have a feeling that Mac was bussing cmar though.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Why do you keep holding the whole "I can't nameclaim without being modkilled" against me? I didn't choose the restriction, and I think my role is pretty obvious from what I've said...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”