Mini 995 - Advance Wars: Mafia Rising - Over!

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:18 am

Post by VasudeVa »

jelly jiggler wrote:
jelly jiggler wrote:What makes you think this is my CO power and not my super?
Yet you skipped the most important part..
That's important? I'm sorry, but how is that relevant in anyway?
Answer:
It's an assumption based on my own CO power charge meter.

Also, asking irrelevant questions is stupid and puts you higher on my scumlist.

---

My suspicion on you is because of the timing and targets of your power and your play thus far isn't making me feel better about your townieness. I don't know how your power works so I can't get a clear stand on what your alignment is. Your play suggests scum though, so I'm thinking scum.

Thoughts?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

VasudeVa wrote:I don't understand why he'd self investigate just to confirm himself to me. Cops don't do that. D: It's like buddying with me via the mod. I dislike scum-reads who buddy along with me. (Obvtown buddying is awesome though.)
Why does he have to be a cop.
green shirt thursdays
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:32 am

Post by VasudeVa »

xRECKONERx wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:I don't understand why he'd self investigate just to confirm himself to me. Cops don't do that. D: It's like buddying with me via the mod. I dislike scum-reads who buddy along with me. (Obvtown buddying is awesome though.)
Why does he have to be a cop.
I don't think he's a cop. Cops don't self investigate and give someone their townie results. (I'm doing a lot of guesswork here though).

jelly's play suggests scum -> I was ready to pounce on jelly -> I get a 'jelly town' result from...jelly.

I kinda posted this already, but w/e.

Any other explanations you might have?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
jelly jiggler
jelly jiggler
Goon
jelly jiggler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:36 am

Post by jelly jiggler »

My thoughts are that you are extremely paranoid. You ask me to answer questions while not answering mine. The whole point of the those questions was to see whether you were hiding any information but what you assumed was that our powers charged at the same speed unlike in the games. If being confirmed by a mod is not enough proof for you then I don't see what is because what this power has done so far for me is the exact opposite of what it was suppose to do and that is to make you 100% certain that I am town. However, that power does not make me a cop like you assumed.

What it actually does is it lets me choose any person and then GM sends that person a pm that I am town. I have no idea what the actual message says or whether the person I am sending it to is town or not. All I get is a confirmation from him that it was sent.

I'm hoping GM will add on something because whether I am town or not to you should not even be a matter of discussion. Besides even you said it yourself, this game has no bastard roles and that kind of power you imagined would be as bastardly as a death miller.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:58 am

Post by SocioPath »

kyle99 wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:Obvious lie was obvious. If you don't know why you didn't, why would you have hesitated, at all?
Wait, let's go over it.

1) I state that your scum, and forget to vote.
2) I, in doing a reread, notice this absence of a vote and correct it. You call me out on scum.
3) ???
4) Profit?

What would I possibly have to gain in my first post by calling you out as scum but not voting for you? The answer is
absolutely nothing
I do not like post at all.
Number 2 on this magical list implies a reread, that happened over a day after the "forgotten vote", but conveniently 4 minutes after L-1, and 17 minutes after L-2.
The timing of a reread just to hammer is ridiculous.
The clarification of a majority vote not effecting anything before the cooldown is up seems to be a wrench in kyle's plans.

Also this whole VV vs. JJ thing actually has me on VV's side for once.
Taking it strictly from this game alone, I can see the logic used as to why scum would do that, regardless if it is an information role or a message sender role.

But, experience dictates that there are examples like this that have happened before.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 54&t=12404]Dexter Mafia[/quote]
This little gem of a link should shine some insight in some eyes.

In this game there were both things that have been described:
A cop whose results were sent to someone else.
And a role who could send messages to others.

I was the SK, who got the cops results, and could send messages to others.
And I, in turn, used my custom message making to actually send some of those cop results to the third person.
And in turn it all worked extremely well.
(Except for the part where a massive mod error caused me to lose in LYLO.)

The best part?
And what makes all this extremely relevant as opposed to just theory?

Our mod was in that game.

WHOOPS! FORGOT TO VOTE!
UNVOTE VOTE: KYLE99
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:00 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

VV wrote:jelly's play suggests scum -> I was ready to pounce on jelly -> I get a 'jelly town' result from...
jelly
THE MOD.
FTFY.
green shirt thursdays
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:28 am

Post by bv310 »

Jelly, please give your role name, CO power name, and Super CO Power name. Not the ability, just the name.
jelly jiggler
jelly jiggler
Goon
jelly jiggler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:31 am

Post by jelly jiggler »

What do you mean by role name?
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:38 am

Post by kyle99 »

SocioPath wrote:
kyle99 wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:Obvious lie was obvious. If you don't know why you didn't, why would you have hesitated, at all?
Wait, let's go over it.

1) I state that your scum, and forget to vote.
2) I, in doing a reread, notice this absence of a vote and correct it. You call me out on scum.
3) ???
4) Profit?

What would I possibly have to gain in my first post by calling you out as scum but not voting for you? The answer is
absolutely nothing
I do not like post at all.
Number 2 on this magical list implies a reread, that happened over a day after the "forgotten vote", but conveniently 4 minutes after L-1, and 17 minutes after L-2.
The timing of a reread just to hammer is ridiculous.
The clarification of a majority vote not effecting anything before the cooldown is up seems to be a wrench in kyle's plans.

Also this whole VV vs. JJ thing actually has me on VV's side for once.
Taking it strictly from this game alone, I can see the logic used as to why scum would do that, regardless if it is an information role or a message sender role.

But, experience dictates that there are examples like this that have happened before.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 54&t=12404]Dexter Mafia
This little gem of a link should shine some insight in some eyes.

In this game there were both things that have been described:
A cop whose results were sent to someone else.
And a role who could send messages to others.

I was the SK, who got the cops results, and could send messages to others.
And I, in turn, used my custom message making to actually send some of those cop results to the third person.
And in turn it all worked extremely well.
(Except for the part where a massive mod error caused me to lose in LYLO.)

The best part?
And what makes all this extremely relevant as opposed to just theory?

Our mod was in that game.

WHOOPS! FORGOT TO VOTE!
UNVOTE VOTE: KYLE99
[/quote]

Your basing your vote on something that could just as easily bean a coincidence?
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:54 am

Post by bv310 »

Forgot you already name-claimed. Just power names then. Also, flavour justification for what your ability does. Don't copy and paste it, but paraphrased.
jelly jiggler
jelly jiggler
Goon
jelly jiggler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by jelly jiggler »

CO Power: Copter Command
Super CO Power: Airborne Assault

The power I used says I'm a paratrooper and I can drop in unexpectedly. But if the enemy has anti-aircraft guns I will be annihilated so I should let people know when I'm dropping in.

From my standpoint the part about being killed if someone has anti-air guns appears only to be a flavor and not a part of my power so I won't die if I pick the wrong person. However this could be an indication that someone might have defensive powers like that.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Actually, what SocioPath said is what I'm suspecting jelly of. It's a bit hard to trust jelly from his play and moreso now especially how difficult he has been throughout this exchange. (Avoiding my question, answering with a few delays even if both of us were online, accusing me of avoiding a rather irrelevant question etc.)

Does that count as bastard modding? Then again, I won't be able to find out if that was a player made script imitating a cop investigation or an actual cop investigation result even if I do try asking the mod.

The AlmGM PM is also very generic which makes it hard to say if it is an actual mod-confirmation or a playermade script.

I don't actually know what to do about this right now, so it's up for discussion. Maybe I'll have thoughts after I sleep it off.

---

bv, what the hell are you doing?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

@Socio: Don't use your CO power just yet.
jelly jiggler
jelly jiggler
Goon
jelly jiggler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by jelly jiggler »

Man what is this bull crap. I haven't delayed anything and why can't you spare literally 2 mins to answer my questions. Apparently me taking precautions more proof me being scum huh?
VasudeVa wrote:@Socio: Don't use your CO power just yet.
Also you seem to know what Socio's power is and that he is going to use it. Better start talking..
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Not proof, more like very very weak evidence that is worth pointing out. There is a difference..

No, I don't have any idea what Socio's power is. I will be withholding this information for the benefit of town. I don't have daytalking scum quick topics like you do, so whatever strategizing I have to do, I will have to do it in thread.

@Zhero: You too, don't use your power yet.
jelly jiggler
jelly jiggler
Goon
jelly jiggler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by jelly jiggler »

Are you seriously accusing me of daytalking and having quicktopics while your the one who somehow knows other people's powers and that they are going to use them? This is just ridiculous how you still think that you can still claim I'm scum.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

VV, can you lay off jelly please? He's pretty town. Thanks.
green shirt thursdays
jelly jiggler
jelly jiggler
Goon
jelly jiggler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by jelly jiggler »

VasudeVa wrote: No, I don't have any idea what Socio's power is. I will be withholding this information for the benefit of town. I don't have daytalking scum quick topics like you do, so whatever strategizing I have to do, I will have to do it in thread.
You claim to not know what his power yet you know that he shouldn't use it yet AND you won't tell us what it is? You are making contradictions right and left and yet you still have the balls to call me scum. And somehow without pm, quicktopic, or ingame chat you claim to know these things.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by bv310 »

@VV: I'm trying to find any flavour justification for his ability. My abilities make sense to their flavour and to what Kanbei's abilities are in the games. Even Mallow's fakeclaim made sense to what Sasha can do in the games. Jelly's doesn't. Being able to contact other players seems like a Sonja or Lash thing to be able to do. Maybe even a Sturm ability, but not Sensei. This is all just flavour speculation though. YMMV.

Preview Edit:
@Jelly: did you ever figure that maybe he's just guessing based on how people are acting?

@ Reck: What makes you think Jelly is town? I have to say, I wholeheartedly disagree. He's acting like scum who had an ability that backfired, at least in my eyes.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Because scum having an ability that gets the mod to lie about their alignment and "confirm" it to another player is very bastard-mod.
green shirt thursdays
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by bv310 »

What about a role that allows a scum member to send a message to another player? Dexter Mafia had a role like that.
jelly jiggler
jelly jiggler
Goon
jelly jiggler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by jelly jiggler »

A role like that would only apply to Lash as far as I know since she specializes in traps.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by bv310 »

Like I said, it could fit Sturm as well.
jelly jiggler
jelly jiggler
Goon
jelly jiggler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by jelly jiggler »

Why Sturm? Ability-wise he doesn't seem like he should have that power at all but then again I never actually seen him in the game.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Fate »

xRECKONERx wrote:Because scum having an ability that gets the mod to lie about their alignment and "confirm" it to another player is very bastard-mod.

RECK YOUR SUPER IS GOING TO MASONIZER VIGILANTE US TOGETHER RITE?

RIIITE>>???
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”