Newbie 970 - Quietville - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Xite91 »

EBWOP
Nacho, I'm pretty sure that's not a good reason to go V/LA...
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Mir, reading gets dull the longer you do it. That's why my first half looks at more details than the second half. And how can you say I have no opinions? I outlined them pretty clearly in the list that you seem to think is no good. As for a "case" on you, it's mostly a gut feeling and yours/Xite's posts regarding each other.
Xite wrote:Sleepless, not I made them clear because they were already clear, you did it too.
Yeah, there is no way they could have been clear without you making them clear first.

And yeah, I did it to. I didn't say it was a bad thing. You did. The point isn't that you did it. It's that you spoke up AGAINST it AND did it.
Xite wrote:Also, Ima pull some wifom and say that if I were scum I wouldn't be saying that, I'd just nk them and be done with it.
So from now on, anyone who gives a town read is town because Xite says scum don't do it.[/obvsarcasm]
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Mirhawk »

:roll: Fine

Reverse Simplicity:
-originally voted for me for reasons that were essentially moot.
-When pressed for more reasons for his vote he claimed (more than once) that he had other reasons but never got around to posting them.
-When it became apparent that the wagon on me was going nowhere he retracted his vote without supplying a reason.
-He hasn't said anything of importance in ages.

Orphan:
-Some of his posts seem more aggressive than they need to be. This may just be the way he acts though.
-I don't really understand the point of his argument with Rain over buddying up.
-He continues to vote for Xite despite having said his original reasons were wrong, and hasn't given new reasons for his vote since then.

Xite:
-You keep dismissing peoples questions by telling them to reread things you already said.(or quoting them) Not considering that the reason they asked in the first place is because they didn't like or wanted clarification on your original answer.
-Your case against Orphan appears to be held together with twigs and fairy dust. Your original reasons for voting him were pretty flimsy, and despite having now placed your vote on him I not you still haven't stated any real reasons for doing so.

And there you go. Will you perhaps answer you own question now?

Also as a side note, are you aware that your posts make up a little over a quarter of the games total posts.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

ATTENTION ALL. I realize there is a big holiday weekend starting today. Because of this
prods will not go out until monday
because I realize how hard it is to post during holidays. HOWEVER the deadline will remain the same, I MIGHT push it back a few days but that will depend on how Monday goes.
Day 1 Vote Count #9

Reverse - Nachomamma8
Orphen - Rain, Xite91
Xite91 - Sleepless, Orphen
Sleepless - Mirhawk

Not Voting: Computing, Reverse, Vayre

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline for Day 1 Ends July 9th 6pm PDT
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Rain »

@Xite
Xite wrote:Also, any other response is for rain to make and well, he's so against the attempt for anyone to "buddy up" with him I figured he could handle it on his own.
What I'm against and what I find suspicious is when a person compliments another, when a person tries to be friendly in an attempt to win over... a diluted sense of affection. So when a flawed argument is being made against someone, I don't mind a third party intervening and point out the argument's imperfections (in much the same way as my second post might look as if I'm defending you when my intent was to defeat Orphen's attack).

@Mirhawk
It seems that Sleepless Assassin's suspicion against you is a mixture of his intuition and a belief that a scum pair between you and Xite is likely.
All cats die. Socrates died. Therefore, Socrates was a cat.
[O]rphen
[O]rphen
Townie
[O]rphen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Post by [O]rphen »

@Xite

What are your current thoughts on Mirhawk?

@Mirhawk

What are your current thoughts on Xite?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Mirhawk wrote::roll: Fine

Reverse Simplicity:
-originally voted for me for reasons that were essentially moot.
-When pressed for more reasons for his vote he claimed (more than once) that he had other reasons but never got around to posting them.
-When it became apparent that the wagon on me was going nowhere he retracted his vote without supplying a reason.
1) -He hasn't said anything of importance in ages.

Orphan:
-Some of his posts seem more aggressive than they need to be. This may just be the way he acts though.
-I don't really understand the point of his argument with Rain over buddying up.
-He continues to vote for Xite despite having said his original reasons were wrong, and hasn't given new reasons for his vote since then.

Xite:
2) -You keep dismissing peoples questions by telling them to reread things you already said.(or quoting them) Not considering that the reason they asked in the first place is because they didn't like or wanted clarification on your original answer.
3)-Your case against Orphan appears to be held together with twigs and fairy dust. Your original reasons for voting him were pretty flimsy, and despite having now placed your vote on him I not you still haven't stated any real reasons for doing so.

And there you go. Will you perhaps answer you own question now?

4) Also as a side note, are you aware that your posts make up a little over a quarter of the games total posts.
1) He just started in, how long is an age to you? (sorry, but that was an interesting little thing to me)
2) Then they should ask for more reasons or clarification on that thing, not for my case, considering that I made my case
3) I have a better case on him coming up (doin the whole iso bit) but I've been drinking about all day and a half and I'm too fuzzy to do anything
4) Didn't even notice... sorry about that. It's funny too cuz I got a prod like yesterday
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Mirhawk »

@Orphen

I'm not sure what you're asking with that question. I already posted my suspicions against her.

@Xite
Okay seriously, what the hell Xite. This started with you asking about everyone's top two, why are you even demanding such in depth information from me anyways. Especially seeing as how you still haven't answered your own damn question. Despite repeated requests that you do so. I even stated that I didn't want to post my suspicions on my secondary suspects because I didn't feel like defending them. But you asked nicely, so I figure "what the hell why not." But as soon as I post them you instantly try to pick apart the ones that involve you. Why do I get the impression that you only asked because you wanted to know what I had on you.

1-Look at his posts in ISO. I don't think any of them since his sixth post has any real merit, and that was ten days ago.
2-Perhaps you should be a little more perceptive about why other people are asking questions instead of assuming they're idiots.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Xite91 »

Sorry, that was me doing what I always do with posts like that. I didn't mean to defend sleepless, but I just wanted to point out that he just started so its hard to say anything about him "in ages"
With the top two, I was trying to generate conversation because it was starting to get real slow here. Also, I thought I already pointed out that my top two were you and Orphen... but Nacho definitely seems to have a high chance, too. I'll give stronger cases when I have them though, I don't have an obvscum read on anyone to be honest, just an oh hey, they might be scum.

1 - Are you talking about Lat or Sleepless? Because lat replaced out and you can only hold so much against his replacement. Sleepless, however is actively scumhunting. Yes, he got lazy around the middle, but to be honest I do the same thing when I replace into games. The game's meant to be fun not a super obligation.
2 - In a world where about 80 or so % of the population are idiots, I have to assume. And I understand why people ask questions, I mean I just asked a question about who everyone thinks is scum didn't I?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Xite91 wrote: 1 - Are you talking about Lat or Sleepless? Because lat replaced out and you can only hold so much against his replacement. Sleepless, however is actively scumhunting. Yes, he got lazy around the middle, but to be honest I do the same thing when I replace into games. The game's meant to be fun not a super obligation.
Neither, I was referring to Reverse Simplicity.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Oh wow, sorry misread...
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

[O]rphen
[O]rphen
Townie
[O]rphen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by [O]rphen »

Mirhawk wrote:@Orphen

I'm not sure what you're asking with that question. I already posted my suspicions against her.
Current thoughts on whether you think she is scum. No reasoning needed.
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Rain »

@Orphen
I'm speechless, Orphen. Mirhawk said multiple times he finds Xite scummy. He even posted his suspicions. How can you possibly ask for more details than this?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Xite91 »

Orphen uhhm what?
Anyone else really concerned about his last post?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

[O]rphen
[O]rphen
Townie
[O]rphen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by [O]rphen »

sigh
why did i have a feeling this would happen

not asking for details rain, but im asking if he thinks she if scum. not scummy.
should of rephrased the question, my bad.

xite, if you see something wrong in the post, why dont you say so, rather then ask for support.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

No I don't know if she's scum. Some of the things she has said are undoubtedly suspicious in my books. But I have no definite scum read on anyone, let alone her.

I also feel that at this point I should say that we really need to decide who we want to lynch today. There are only around 4 more days until the deadline, and if we don't reach a majority by then then it'll be a no lynch.

As it looks like I am the only person with any real amount of suspicion for Sleepless I would be willing to change my vote. Though with the number of people who are posting lately we may not even have enough bloody votes to get a majority anyways.

What are your guys thoughts on this?
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Rain »

I definitely see the need to lynch somebody today, since a small probability of lynching scum is better than a 0 probability. How do we narrow down the suspects though? From the last vote count, Orphen and Xite are leading at 2 each, with Reverse and Sleepless right behind at 1 each.

My suggestion is to limit our votes to these four individuals. This might sound scummy, but please remember, as Mirhawk pointed out, there are only 4 meatspace days left until deadline. Desperate times call for desperate measure. If no-lynch were to pass, we're essentially giving away a free kill to the mafia scums.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@Xite: For clarification, I didn't take the V/LA because I needed to catch up. I was taking the V/LA, and promising to catch up today.

There is no doubt in my mind that the priority for today should be making sure we can get a lynch through, and making sure that the lynch that we do get through not only has a high chance of hitting scum, but also will put us in a good position Day 2. And since there isn't obvscum in front of my face right now, I highly doubt that both scum are active, contributing players. In other words, I think it's best if we lynch a lurker today. So, the first thing I'm going to do is organize the player list by post numbers.

1. Xite - 61
2. Mirhawk - 27
3. Rain - 26
4. Sleepless Assassin - 25 (21 from Laterus)
5. Computing - 19
6. Orphen - 13
7. Reverse Simplicity - 11 (1 from mr dean)
8. Nachomamma8 - 10
9. Vayre - 6

Thus, the lurkers are Orphen, RVS, me, and Vayre. I'm now going to ISO the other three lurkers (since I know I'm town). ISOs coming in the next three posts, followed by a vote.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Orphen ISO:

First off, I find his disclaimer at the beginning of this post suspicious. because it sets up scum answering every quote the way it seems most convenient to him without having to defend the contridictions in posting later.

I've also noticed that he has a tendency to tunnel (first Xite, then Rain, then Xite again), which isn't necessarily a bad thing, considering scum-Orphen (based on Newbie 909 meta) is extremely opportunistic, gives lots of excuses, and tends to waffle instead of outright declaring his suspects scum.

Overall, I'm leaning town on Orphen, so he's not the lynch for today.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I Hope everyone had a fun 4th! Since the holiday came so close to the deadline I believe there was plenty of time before hand to end the day, therefore there will be no extension to the dead line. Prods will go out later today to those that need them.

Day 1 Vote Count #10

Reverse - Nachomamma8
Orphen - Rain, Xite91
Xite91 - Sleepless, Orphen
Sleepless - Mirhawk

Not Voting: Computing, Reverse, Vayre

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline for Day 1 Ends July 9th 6pm PDT
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

RS ISO:

I rescind my previous statement about RS's Mirhawk vote being opportunistic; looking back, I see it certainly wasn't. However, I think that the reasoning for the vote overallwas weak, and him holding Orphen as his #2 suspect but never voting him afterwards is a possible buddy tell pointing towards Orphen.

The rest of his posting haven't been anything note-worthy at all, although I do really dislike the "I'm making my case all nice and neat" comment, especially since there wasn't a follow-up. Also, the "there's no scumtells now, I'll check back later" posting is getting old, and it definitely makes him more likely scum.

Overall, I'm leaning scum on RS. Might be the lynch for today.

@Mod: You interrupted my posting ;[

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vayre ISO:

There is absolutely nothing to Vayre's ISO. It's pretty much entirely making excuses for no activity, and promises to catch up later. My suggestion to him (if reading the game really proving to be that difficult) would be to either request to replace out and join a slower-moving newbie game, or to post something with substance.

For now, I'll keep my vote on RS, but if Vayre doesn't straighten up in his next post/isn't replaced by Wednesday, I think that he's the lynch of the day.

Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Nachomamma8 wrote:RS ISO:

I rescind my previous statement about RS's Mirhawk vote being opportunistic; looking back, I see it certainly wasn't. However, I think that the reasoning for the vote overallwas weak, and him holding Orphen as his #2 suspect but never voting him afterwards is a possible buddy tell pointing towards Orphen.

The rest of his posting haven't been anything note-worthy at all, although I do really dislike the "I'm making my case all nice and neat" comment, especially since there wasn't a follow-up. Also, the "there's no scumtells now, I'll check back later" posting is getting old, and it definitely makes him more likely scum.

Overall, I'm leaning scum on RS. Might be the lynch for today.
I would be in favor of a lynch vote on Reverse Simplicity.

Though personally I think the most suspicious thing he did was the manner in which he retracted his vote on me.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Sorry guys, unfortunately life decided to happen all at once, so I will be V/LA on and off for the next two or three, but I should be able to get on at least every three days if I've planned correctly. Just a warning in case I haven't though.

@Orphen, because it's one of those things that's hard to explain. You seem to be giving Mirhawk a reason to vote me without really giving a case (sorry, no case is usually one of my biggest pet peeves if you couldn't tell) And I was saying that because I didn't think that post needed an explanation as to why it was scummy is all.

@Nacho, Ok, sorry about that. :)
Also, I usually prefer not to lurkerhunt but for day one and a fast approaching deadline I see your point.
As for Vayre or RS, I'd prefer Vayre but I'm down for RS if that's the consensus. So for now, since I may not be on before deadline,
Unvote, Vote: Reverse Simplicity
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Xite91 wrote: sorry, no case is usually one of my biggest pet peeves if you couldn't tell
You cannot possibly be serious. I've been pressuring you for a more detailed case on Orphen for bloody ever. Hell Orphen has even asked you for your case on him (a request which you ignored twice). You also claimed to be writing a post on exactly what your suspicions were three days ago..... But that never materialized.

I would at this point be willing to vote for Xite as well as Reverse Simplicity.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”