Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:38 am

Post by millar13 »

Rhinox wrote:
raider8169 wrote:
Rhinox wrote:Anything you want to clear up regarding this before I go into this slip any further?
Slip? Please do. My first line had 5 simple words.
Well, you said...
raider8169 wrote:
Looking at my role and how the PM was formed I dont buy the claim.
Plus who cares if (s)he gets a funeral or not. If that means his will doesnt count then its just one less vote that one person will control. Remember the key is to not let one person gain control of most of the votes.
There are 2 contradicting issues I see...

first is regarding the bolded, said in regards to this claim by millar:
millar wrote:CLAIM: I'm the princess, well technically the prince lol. Except according to my message if i have read it correctly, i am only given a funeral if i am killed during the day.
...but if I go back and look at the general townie PM in the opening posts:
Vanilla wrote:You are a Vanilla Townie

You do not have any special powers in this town.

You do have the ability to pass on your vote to others when you die. You must send me a list of all the players in the game, ordered from who you most want to recieve your vote, or votes, when you die, to least

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated
...I don't see anything in there where I can conclusively say based on the role or how the PM was formed, that millar is lying. That tells me you're either softclaiming a non-vanilla role, or you're lying.

The second part is regarding the italicized part of your post. After you tell us you don't believe millar, the second half of your post carries the inherant assumption that millar is telling the truth, and it would be better to lynch him so he can't pass on his voting ability, which you feel is a good thing.
In regards to Raider; princess funeral generally mean that...you skip the day as its is funeral. I have still been asked for my will, so im sure that will still count;
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:43 am

Post by Chronopie »

Generally a beloved's funeral means the Day phase is skipped, as everyone is attending the funeral instead.

What's the name of the role that results the Night phase skipped? I can't remember.

--

But I'm pretty sure standard beloved role is only a day-skip funeral
if
NK'd?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:45 am

Post by millar13 »

No idea about the last bit...im not the mod, i just read my role
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:48 am

Post by Amished »

ITT Chronopie is Raider's scumbuddy.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:13 am

Post by Rhinox »

Raider, all the information we has says that votes will always pass on. Unless/until we discover a mechanic that prevents passing votes on, we should assume its going to happen whether its good or not. Trying to play the game in a way that prevents it is thus futile and borderline distracting/non-sense.

I've been thinking about what to do about millar. If he's telling the truth, we lynch him, scum gets to kill tonight, and we get a new day tomorrow. If we don't lynch him, and he gets nked, then scum get 2 nks before we get another day. Also, assuming that means any/all town roles get 2 actions - more chances for information to go on the next day, also more chance they get killed. On the other hand, if he's lying scum, it could be a good ploy to draw a doc protect or something, nullifying a doc if we have one, and not even considering if there is a mafia watcher or something...

I think this early in such a large game, probably doesn't matter too much if we lose a day. So, no need to worry about lynching him today, and no sense wasting any protects (if they exist) on him. Later in the game, it could be dangerous if he is still alive though. We'll always have to assume scum could get 2 nks when determining if we're in LyLo, for example.

Limited access over the next week or so for vacation - traveling away from home. Should be able to post some today, tomorrow, and monday. Won't be able to post at all on tuesday or wednesday. Traveling back home thursday, so should be able to post then. Friday I'll be out doing community service for work all day, so if I can post it won't be until the evening. Back to normal activity next weekend.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:04 am

Post by millar13 »

Rhinox it says that i only get a funeral if killed in the day....

so if i get NK i get no funeral.....

so your logic, is scummy because you have said the opposite of me.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@Rhinox: Your last post sounds good, except with one glaring flaw: millar13 is only given a funeral if lynched, not Night Killed (At least according to what he said). Would you mind restating it, only that it involves millar13's funeral during the Day and not during the Night? However...
millar13 wrote:Rhinox it says that i only get a funeral if killed in the day....

Rhinox made a simple mistake that can be forgiven, it is most definently not scummy by any means.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, let's see what I missed.

------------------

Twomz vote on Richard way back on Page 10 seems overexplained for a quick "meh, let's do this" kind of vote.

------------------

holy is town.

-----------------

Rhinox brings up a good point about Dana. Why would you vote Shattered if he may be dying anyway.

--------------

Millar's claim makes him a good vig target.

-----------

Unvote
til I read everything after Page 13 which won't be now.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Xite91 »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
@Mod: Are people with multiple votes are going to be able to vote different people (Like for example, if I had three vortes, I could vote for Player A, B, and C?). Or do you have to put it all in one person?
I don't like this, If you're going to vote someone, vote them You shouldn't want to split votes. What the hell would that do?

Unvote if voting, Vote: SSBF

More to come, scrapped for time, but I truly believe that this is where my vote should go at the moment

And this is just a side not but,
Chevre wrote:
that "I've makes it sound like you aren't tunneling as town here.

holycon adamantly defended raider against the meta point Rhinox made, which almost guarantees that holycon and raider are related somehow.

- - -

Unvote, vote raider8169
Wait what?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Xite93 wrote:I don't like this, If you're going to vote someone, vote them You shouldn't want to split votes. What the hell would that do?
I honestly have no idea how that quote was scummy in any shape or form. It was a simple question to the mod and I already gotten an answer (Which is "no"). Had we've been able to spread our votes around, I personally think that it would help be efficent in scum hunting.

Let's say you have three votes. You are able to spread one vote to one person. You are also able to put forth three votes toward one person and able to put two vote on one person and one vote on a person. You can vote up to three people at a time.

Now how would putting your three votes on three people be more beneficial then three votes on one person? One, it would reduce the chance of a scum quicklynch/town accidental hammer. Two, it would help put pressure on as many people as possible. Three votes on one person will only put more pressure toward one person. Three votes on three seperate people would put more pressure toward three seperate people. Sure it would be less pressure toward individual people, but by placing votes toward three seperate people, it is more likely that you're voting for a scum.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:The fact that two people did not post should not prevent anything, it's just that those two people aren't posting. They can be pressured to post and if they are scum, we should be able to catch it. If they don't post, they can always be replaced and we can judge the replacements instead. Also, if we can use multiple votes to vote different people, it would be an efficent town stragedy to put votes toward your five or six scummiest suspects. On top of that, a game can naturally translate to serious discussion in a matter of three, two, or even one page.
It doesnt prevent anything but limits our ability to judge everyone equally. The point being why rush it? Lets give those slots a chance to post before judging people. Votes on slots that are not posting does nothing but put the replacement in a crappy position and who would want to replace into that?

Scummiest suspects shouldnt happen until late day one or better yet mid day two. That is my opinion and I think its better then tunneling in on someone day one for their opinions just because what you think is different from me. Those are not reasons to lynch someone and so far that is the case on me. Chalk it up to me voting a bunch of other people during RVS or whatever to make yourself feel better but at least take some effort in trying to kill me and come up with a real case.

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:You do realize that you're referring to Ellibereth, but that he's under the Diacria account? Also, Diacria has been one of the more active players in the game.
I realize that now but didnt know that before. Either way its retarded and those posts need to be deleted.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Shattered Viewpoint and raider8169 are scummy, but raider8169 is scummier.
Vote: raider8169
Hell yeah I love being lynched day one for no real reason!
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Amished wrote:@Raider: 1) Passing on votes = *passing votes on*to other people.
2) It sounds like you're just trying to say that you're being a VI and that's why votes are being placed onto you. a) why are you classifying yourself a VI and b) are everyone that's voting you scum since votes on you can be *disguised* as scumhunting? What about the votes that are coming on you after the fact?

@SSBF: Diacria and Ellibereth are the same person. (S)he just keeps forgetting to post on the right account. Drippereth is the same person (another "alt", but that's a hydra that Ellibereth/Diacria are part of.)

@Chevre: I'm not tunneling, period.
VI? What is that before I can answer. No each person is voting me for whatever reason but I believe the non-vocal ones (at least) are just taking the easy way out. Yes there will be scum in my lynch that much is guaranteed. Its too early for me to have a real opinion on which ones are scum. Or at least at this point I keep my thoughts to myself. My rule is those lists dont come out until day two at the least.

Still is there anything on my case that isnt something against my play style?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Rhinox wrote:Raider, all the information we has says that votes will always pass on. Unless/until we discover a mechanic that prevents passing votes on, we should assume its going to happen whether its good or not. Trying to play the game in a way that prevents it is thus futile and borderline distracting/non-sense.

I've been thinking about what to do about millar. If he's telling the truth, we lynch him, scum gets to kill tonight, and we get a new day tomorrow. If we don't lynch him, and he gets nked, then scum get 2 nks before we get another day. Also, assuming that means any/all town roles get 2 actions - more chances for information to go on the next day, also more chance they get killed. On the other hand, if he's lying scum, it could be a good ploy to draw a doc protect or something, nullifying a doc if we have one, and not even considering if there is a mafia watcher or something...

I think this early in such a large game, probably doesn't matter too much if we lose a day. So, no need to worry about lynching him today, and no sense wasting any protects (if they exist) on him. Later in the game, it could be dangerous if he is still alive though. We'll always have to assume scum could get 2 nks when determining if we're in LyLo, for example.
Interesting, I can see how the role fits in. Not sure I believe it yet but based on my original thoughts I take those back. With everyone else I agree with you.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by raider8169 »

millar13 wrote:Rhinox it says that i only get a funeral if killed in the day....

Sorry about 20 posts in a row, its just how I catch up so I dont forget what I was going to say. Anyways, the other way makes more sense seeing as if the whole town lynches you why would they want to take a day off. However as far as a role goes it would make you not want to be lynched for the sake of the town. If that is what you say I at least understand it now.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by millar13 »

Oh i dont want to be lynched...im just saying. If i get NK, the next day isn't skipped. So....VIG can NK for further lynch safety etc
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by CSL »

That's pretty vague, millar.

18 pages of mass rereading to do...I probably won't do that until tomorrow...ugh.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by millar13 »

Vague is my role without copy and pasting it; it is quite simple lol

Princess (well prince) everyone knows that they get funerals ; usually results in DAY SKIPPED for funeral so advantageous to Scum
However, i have been told that my funeral is only given to me if i am lynched; so a NK or VIG KILL AT NIGHT will not result in a funeral
And dont worry im not a jester...as that would be the opposite
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by CSL »

Well, now the scum won't kill you.

Also, nice sarcasm!
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by millar13 »

Well they won't neccersarily night kill me, but they might try and force day kill (or people might suddenly back off)
TELLS WILL OCCUR!
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Wikitells, that is.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by millar13 »

wiki tells?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by CSL »

Tells will occur eventully. We will have to bide our time.

Yes, Wiki tells.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Wikitells are basically faux scumtells.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by millar13 »

got you
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

I must admit, the prince(ss) claim made me laugh... still determining if I should believe it or not. It is a rather odd and rare role given the circumstances, you have to admit. And the claim looks out of place.

Unvote
so I can clear my head.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”