MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:07 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Mikujin wrote:I'm currently participating in two games here, one newbie game and this game. From what I gather, it's bad form to link an active game, so I can't do that for you.

Don't have any other games played elsewhere; a friend told me about the game, pointed me here, and that's my mafia career in a nutshell.
Yeah, don't comment on active games. I'll keep this in mind.

----
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:In addition, SSBF looks like he has some pretty good Raiv ties: See his HoS on Raiv (Jun 14) and subsequent bussing vote (Jun 22). Most of his post re: Raiv were "Raiv is scummy because he's scummy," without good reasoning.
It tends to make me awhile before I change my vote to someone. As we go further into the game, my reads tends to move around a lot less and I become more satisified with them. I also have done some pushing in Raivann's bandwagon, so I didn't simply vote him the moment I became suspicious of the person.
The timing is not what matters here, and your response is a deflection. What matters is the HoS and that your Raiv vote looks like bussing.

Unvote. Vote: SSBF

----
Locke Lamora wrote:The general impression that I get of your read here is not that Raivann has done anything pro-town in the slightest, but that he's failing so spectacularly to be careful scum, there's no way he could actually be scum.
Yeah, that's pretty much the way I read him, in addition to the fact (well, my opinion, I guess), that in a previous game he had similarly failed spectacularly as town.
Locke Lamora wrote:Given your reference back to the first ASOIAF game, I'm curious as to why you didn't ask Mina (or myself, although it looks like you just forgot I was in that game, understandably!) more about her Raivann vote, given that she was in that game too. If you thought it was so similar to his implosion there, why weren't you more interested in her motives here when you knew that she witnessed the same implosion?
Mina's interest in Raiv didn't jump out at me as all that suspicious. Mina was doing other things that I liked, it's not uncommon for people to have different reads, and there was other far more interesting stuff going on yesterday. (And, yeah, I did forget that you were in that game. Sorry.)

----
LynchMePls wrote:This game is in serious need of action.

Those not voting for SSBF or Danakillsu need to post and say why they aren't, or make a very convincing argument for why they're voting who they are. Those that aren't voting at all even more so. (Dripp I'm looking at you).
We're over 2 weeks from deadline. Why so twitchy?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:29 am

Post by danakillsu »

@Axelrod
What is your problem? I already admitted everything you said in that post. I want to know how it makes me scum. How do you know what I thought about Raivann being scum if I never dealt with the issue until after getting pressured? You're just assuming that because I wasn't clear, I must have known he was scum, which really doesn't make much sense.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Benmage »

Wow rereadin this thread is painful...everyone writes so much and says so little...hopefully no more replacements.

Soooo how long can I keep this lurking/active lurking going?? :P How have I not been lynched yet :shock: ....I just finished catchinup the end of D1...what a mess...

That puts me on pg 37... I know I'm not done catchin up yet... however where there any lingering D1 questions that people wanted me to address??
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Benmage wrote:Wow rereadin this thread is painful...everyone writes so much and says so little...hopefully no more replacements.

Soooo how long can I keep this lurking/active lurking going?? :P How have I not been lynched yet :shock: ....I just finished catchinup the end of D1...what a mess...

That puts me on pg 37... I know I'm not done catchin up yet... however where there any lingering D1 questions that people wanted me to address??
FoS: Benmage
for admitting to lurking/active lurking

Hey benmage, how about you give us some ideas of your thoughts of what you've reread so far?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by LimMePls »

MacavityLock wrote:We're over 2 weeks from deadline. Why so twitchy?
Well days went by with almost no new content, yet plenty of players feel its fine to sit around not voting or contributing. I see nothing wrong with asking for more activity. Do you have a problem with a more active town? Does a player asking for a more active town bother you? Why or why not?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

LynchMePls wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:We're over 2 weeks from deadline. Why so twitchy?
Well days went by with almost no new content, yet plenty of players feel its fine to sit around not voting or contributing. I see nothing wrong with asking for more activity. Do you have a problem with a more active town? Does a player asking for a more active town bother you? Why or why not?
Well, you're directly asking us to focus on two players and two players only. What if you're scum and know that both of the two are not? Your request for us to ignore all players other than dana and SSBF is suspicious, especially this far from deadline.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Faraday »

wrong account
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 2.5: The
" That's no law, just a sword. Happens I got one too. "
votecount

Lynch Count

Vezokpiraka (1) -
Super Smash Bros. Fan

Danakillsu (7) -
Percy, Thor665, Mikujin, Axelrod, RichardGHP, xvart, LynchMePls

CSL (2) -
Percy, Mina

Super Smash Bros. Fan (6) -
hasdgfas, I Doubt it, Unsight, CSL, Rifka Viveka, MacavityLock

MacavityLock (1) -
Locke Lamora

Not voting to Lynch (6) -
Kinetic, MagnaofIllusion,Vezokpiraka, Danakillsu, Benmage, Drippereth

With 22 alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.
The deadline for today's lynch is
10:00pm (CDT) on Sunday the 18th of July
. You can view a countdown to the deadline .
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by Benmage »

hasdgfas wrote: Hey benmage, how about you give us some ideas of your thoughts of what you've reread so far?
Mmmmm nah, after I get caught up to present, and do some analyzing I'll comment on things I found pertinent.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by LimMePls »

MacavityLock wrote:
Well, you're directly asking us to focus on two players and two players only
. What if you're scum and know that both of the two are not? Your request for us to ignore all players other than dana and SSBF is suspicious, especially this far from deadline.
But I'm not doing that at all.
LynchMePls wrote:Those not voting for SSBF or Danakillsu
need to post and say why they aren't, or make a very convincing argument for why they're voting who they are
I'm not saying anyone should focus on those two. I specifically said if they are voting someone else they make a very convincing argument for there vote.

I picked those two because they have the biggest wagons a week into the day. I'm not saying we can't discuss something else, I'm just saying if we are gonna discuss others its time for people to make those cases. I also think the participation level needs to increase.

It seems strange to me that you object so much to my request, and that you claim I said we had to vote for those two, when I clearly did not say that.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by LimMePls »

@MOD: I'm gonna be V/LA this weekend, being that it's a holiday and all

V/LA on weekends
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:23 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Here will reread tomorrow.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Mina »

*twitch*

CSL, if you're wondering why you're getting lynched all the time...maybe it's because you're playing like you're pulling your scumreads out of a hat.

Look, instead of just giving up, how about if you just answer my case on you? Explain your backtrack on Raivann.

Also, here are your scumreads from your first post:
TOWN READS
Percy
Drippereth
Richard (claim believable)
Mina

SCUM READS
Kleedrac (Richard's claim is believable, so this guy looks scum)
Deer (He quit, and I have a scumread on him anyway)
danakillsu (Not been doing a good job, lately. I want to see him scumhunt a bit more)

Everyone else is either a neutral read, or lurkerscumbag
1) Your FOS of Richard is weird, because you listed him as a town read.

2) Why are you voting SSBF and HOS-ing dana, instead of the other way around?

Do you have any suspects other than the two players everyone is voting for?
@Mina: I understand your CSL case, I think it has a lot of merit, and I know you don't want us to forget it. That said, CSL is looking very unlikely to be the lynch right now. Why not help us and get behind dana or SSBF?
We have two weeks to the deadline. Two. WEEKS.

That doesn't mean we should twiddle our thumbs and do nothing. That DOES mean no lynch is impossible at this point.

I don't think a single player in the game has objected to the dana or SSBF wagons. You don't need my help. On the contrary, why doesn't someone look elsewhere? Everyone decided overnight that dana and SSBF are their top two suspects.

I understand why dana and SSBF are getting votes, but do you think that only the VIs and poor debaters are scum while all the strong reasonable players are town? In a game with multiple factions, it's easy for scum to genuinely scumhunt.

There's more I haven't responded to, but I have to leave for work now.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:34 am

Post by CSL »

@ Mina: I went from Raivann to CMAR because a lynch > No lynch.

Why I voted SSBF and HOS'd dana? dana has done nothing but talk useless crap, but is at least trying to go the other direction. SSBF is MUCH MUCH worse.

Benmage is lurkerscum, by the way.

That said, I said earlier I am willing to vote dana if it looks like he's today's lynch.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:53 am

Post by MacavityLock »

LynchMePls wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:
Well, you're directly asking us to focus on two players and two players only
. What if you're scum and know that both of the two are not? Your request for us to ignore all players other than dana and SSBF is suspicious, especially this far from deadline.
But I'm not doing that at all.
LynchMePls wrote:Those not voting for SSBF or Danakillsu
need to post and say why they aren't, or make a very convincing argument for why they're voting who they are
I'm not saying anyone should focus on those two. I specifically said if they are voting someone else they make a very convincing argument for there vote.

I picked those two because they have the biggest wagons a week into the day. I'm not saying we can't discuss something else, I'm just saying if we are gonna discuss others its time for people to make those cases. I also think the participation level needs to increase.

It seems strange to me that you object so much to my request, and that you claim I said we had to vote for those two, when I clearly did not say that.
No, you did not directly say that. But the "very convincing argument" is all about bullying people into getting onto one of those two wagons. And we are not at that point in the Day yet.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Benmage »

CSL wrote: Benmage is lurkerscum, by the way.
Do explain.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:25 am

Post by CSL »

Note to self: ISO someone first before calling them lurkerscum.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Drippereth »

I re-read the post-claim stuff from yesterday.

Reactions to the vig claim:

RichardGHP: "BTW, someone should unvote just to be safe, but a clear wagon should remain evident. Raivann shouldn't be off the hook because of a vig claim." Singularly cautious, if he's a townie.
I doubt it: buys the claim. Townie.
RichardGHP: "Needless to say - you are not the lynch for today, but you definitely are not clear."
vezok: "Obv fakeclaim. You were voting to raise CMAR. I don't want to lynch a vig now. If CMAR flips scum raviann should be obv scum. Someone asked who I believe scum. I believe both of them are scum. UNVOTE: VOTE: CMAR"
Mina believes it. Townie.

Doubting a vig claim is really weird. Except from Richard.

So vezok looks really scummy for disbelieving a claim few of us had reason to doubt, and was easily provable. I had a town read on vezok yesterday, though. Maybe I was wrong.

(DGB)
I doubt it
I doubt it
Townie
I doubt it
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:57 am

Post by I doubt it »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
xvart wrote:Do you always defend people who aren't necessarily town when pretty poor cases are presented?
No I do not. To be honest, I originally thought it was worth defending a town read that I originally had a scummy read on that I thought made a bad case on Benmage. I am currently trying to recitify the problem completely.
That last sentence is really weird. What problem, and how exactly are you trying to rectify it? Do you think the reason I'm attacking you is because you attacked my case on Benmage? Is this you admitting that your strategy as scum is attacking players/cases you find weak?
danakillsu wrote:What is your problem? I already admitted everything you said in that post. I want to know how it makes me scum. How do you know what I thought about Raivann being scum if I never dealt with the issue until after getting pressured? You're just assuming that because I wasn't clear, I must have known he was scum, which really doesn't make much sense.
The problem is that for someone who apparently finds two people suspicious, you only make it clear you are suspicious of one of them and ask people why they find the other person suspicious. You treat two people you find "equally suspicious" completely differently, until pushed on it. The fact that Raivann flipped scum certainly makes it look even worse, since you had a wishy-washy opinion of a major wagon target who flipped scum.

In other news, SSBF is still scum and dana looks like Raivann's scumbuddy.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Drippereth »

RichardGHP
(13) -
CryMeARiver
, MacavityLock, I doubt it,
LynchMePls
, xvart,
Drippereth
, MagnaOfIllusion, danakillsu, vezopiraka,
Deer/Deer/Raivann
, Animopherv1, Mikujin, migewelloni
L-1, 3-4 Scum,
Deer/Raivann
is on.
Cry is town, Lynchme is town, we're town, vezo is town, Miku is town.
2, 3{Mcav, I doubt, cvart, Magna, Ani, dana. mige}

Kleedrac/Budja
(8) -
Drippereth
LynchMePls
, Super Smash Bros. Fan, danakillsu,
RichardGHP
, vezopiraka, I doubt it,
Deer/Raivann

L-6...2 scum sounds about right, and
Deer/Raivann
already there
We're town, Lynchme is town, Richard is town, I'm going to continue to insist that vezo is town because of that softclaim :P
1 Scum in {Supersmash, dana, I doubt it.}

CryMeARiver
(10) -Hasdgfas,
LynchMePls
, MacavityLock,
RichardGHP
, xvart, vezopiraka, Axelrod, MagnaofIllusion, CSL ,
Deer/Raivann

L-4, 2 or 3 probs, again with Raiv already though.
Cow is town, Lynchme is town, Richard is town, vezo is town.
1, 2 in {Mcav, xvart, Axel, Magna, CSL}

Deer/Raivann
(11)
Mina
, Mikujin, Locke Lamora,
julienvonwolfe
, I doubt it, Rifka Vivieka, Percy,Thor665,
Danakillsu, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Vezokpiraka

(+ Benmage,
LynchMePls
)
L-1, 2-3 bussing on probs?
Mina
is town, Miku is town, julien is town, vezo is town
2-3{Locke, I doubt, Rifka, Percy, Thor, dana, supersmash}
Underlined:
players that might have hear the Greyhound horn.

CryMeARiver
(14) - Hasdgfas, MacavityLock,
RichardGHP
, xvart, Axelrod, MagnaofIllusion, CSL ,
Deer/Raivann
, Mikujin, Percy,
Budja
, Vezokpiraka, Locke Lamora,
LynchMePls

LYNCH, 3-4, with Deer/Raivann
Cow is town, Richar is town, Miku is town,
Kleedrac/Budja
is town, vezo is town, Lynch me is town.
3, 4{Mcav, xvart, Axel, magna, CSL, Percy, Locke}

Deer/Raivann were late wagoners.

So is vesok.

Mmmm.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Drippereth »

My scumdar was off yesterday, but I think vezopiraka is scummier than SuperSmash.

I guess I'm disagreeing with my other half on this issue.

(DGB)
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Drippereth »

Raivann wrote:
Danakillsu wrote: 3) Lynch Raivann. But if we don't do this today, even if he's scum, it probably won't hurt us.
oops!
unvote, Vote: Danakillsu
This looks bad for danakilsu, actually. Looks like 3-way bus'ing.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Drippereth »

Raivann wrote:Thor's post seems scummy to me as well, he is making sure not to offend.
Who's this Thor person, I didn't know he existed, how did Raivann notice him unless they're buddies?
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:20 am

Post by danakillsu »

@Idoubtit
You must be stupid. You're just restating the facts again without telling me how they make me scum.
@All (Drippereth especially)
Explain to me how it WOULD have hurt us to not lynch Raivann
D1
even if he had not been NK'd. What I was saying was just that we could lynch him tomorrow.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Benmage »

Drippereth wrote:
Raivann wrote:Thor's post seems scummy to me as well, he is making sure not to offend.
Who's this Thor person, I didn't know he existed, how did Raivann notice him unless they're buddies?
Pretty sure he replaced in, and Raiv was commenting on his summary post....its something to considering looking in to...

And, your doing your vote analysis wrong....also side note, why is LmPls green?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”