petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:47 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Two Vote Count: #1

3 - muh316 (danakillsu, Scott Brosius, Karma)
1 - Karma (muh316)
1 - Scott Brosius (VasudeVa)
1 - Zang (Shadow Dancer)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is July 19, at 9:00 pm PDT.

Not Voting - 3 - Anon, The Skeward, Zang
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Hmm... I do not really like anything SB posts at the moment... Seems all far stretched and forced to me. Enaugh to justify a
FoS SB
by now.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by muh316 »

@scott
i hammered because I didn't want to end up with a no lynch. It was the best thing to do. We wouldnt have been able to do anything considering the extremely low activity from most of the players.
@vasudeva
This is a mini theme game so things are always different.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Agreed. I think neither scum nor SK would have killed InHim. Unless some one can prove he crunbed doc so scum could have found that I won't believe scum sacrificed some one who was a reoccuring key suspect during all of D1.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

VasudeVa wrote:Actually, I have a better vote now.
Scott 271 wrote:I like the idea of a muh lynch today.
He was a suspect of eKim before he jumped on the inhim wagon
, hammered the townie with the weak reason of "guess I have no choice". This was quite a change of heart.
<snip>

I really just don't like this post.
The NK speculation
+emoticon rubs me the wrong way and it seems like you felt the need to substantiate your vote by mentioning that you suspected Zang yesterday. Also the unhelpful theory on what scum is on what wagon. I'm keeping my eye on VV.
Vote: Scott
You are getting quite over-defensive for a minor suspicion.

Muh, we weren't going to have a no-lynch, if we don't reach a majority at deadline, as long as we have half of the majority needed we have a lynch. So your reason is faulty.

Scum could have killed inhim if there are 2 scum groups. But that is probably a rarer situation than SK/vig.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Anon »

This still applies, Im glad my top town reads are still alive:

Town
2.) danakillsu
7.) muh316
10.) TheSkeward
11.) VasudeVa

Neutral
3.) ekiM
4.) inHimshallibe

8.) Scott Brosius

Scum
9.) Shadow Dancer
One of Karma or
MonkeyMan

12.) Zang (
100% if MonkeMan scum
)[/quote]

Vote: Karma.

The logic is pretty simple. Since I have a realiable town read on danakillsu (active and agressive stance in the defense yesterday), then its very likely one scumbag was chasing an easy target for the mislynch of the day. Since Monkey is dead and town, then Karma is very likely scumbaggo. His other posts hasnt given me a really strong town vibe also.

Other wagons Id support are ShadowDancer (basically overall lurking day 1 after a really bad post) and Zang (I really really find it hard that a player of his level - no offense - could be able to read Starbuck play as town play)
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Anon »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Day Two Vote Count: #1

3 - muh316 (danakillsu, Scott Brosius, Karma)
1 - Karma (muh316)
1 - Scott Brosius (VasudeVa)
1 - Zang (Shadow Dancer)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is July 19, at 9:00 pm PDT.

Not Voting - 3 - Anon, The Skeward, Zang
What exactly is the case on muh316?

Skeward and Zang, why arent you voting?
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by muh316 »

Muh, we weren't going to have a no-lynch, if we don't reach a majority at deadline, as long as we have half of the majority needed we have a lynch. So your reason is faulty.

oh crap really. Last game I was getting warned about no lynch by the mods so I thought it applied here.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Zang »

VV wrote:]
Vote: Zang
, for now. (I did suspect him sometime in the middle of D1.)
Why?
SD wrote:And again: How could Zang townie have known monkey is not town?
I never said I knew monkey was town. I thought starbuck was town (and I was not the only one). And i thought that she deserved a chance to speak.
 He was off the waggon for metagaming reasons (SB deserves chance to catch up), btw, only later he claimed he also doubted she's scum
I don't really know how that's meta reasoning but it's because she didn't get that chance that I thought she was town.
SB wrote:So two days before the hammer, he felt as if Star deserved a chance. Yet he was willing to hammer 2 days after expressing that sentiment.
I agree that this is scummy.

VOTE: Muh316
Muh wrote:i hammered because I didn't want to end up with a no lynch. It was the best thing to do. We wouldnt have been able to do anything considering the extremely low activity from most of the players.
So a mislynch is better than a no lynch?
Anon wrote:and Zang (I really really find it hard that a player of his level - no offense - could be able to read Starbuck play as town play

I never said she was town because of her play.
Maybe because I haven't posted yet?
muh wrote:oh crap really. Last game I was getting warned about no lynch by the mods so I thought it applied here.
Read the rules.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by danakillsu »

@ muh316
Time for a claim. And it'd better be good. I do have some ideas brewing in my head, but my vote stays where it is till we get a claim.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Anon wrote: What exactly is the case on muh316?

General unhelpfulness, being the hammer for a lame reason. This is the main slipup
muh316 wrote:
Karma wrote:Why does starbuck deserve a chance, muh?
Starbuck is a replacement. He didn't get a chance to give any defence. He didn't even read through the game yet. It seems unfair to me that he's lynched without giving a proper defense.
muh316 wrote:Guess I have no choice
Unvote
vote starbuck
Two days between those posts.

I'm still fine with lynching muh, but he's at L-1 and this day hasn't lasted 24 hours.

Unvote
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

But Scottie, don't you think the deadline was a town reason for muh's hammer? Since it seemed like no one wanted to hammer, I pretty much understand muh's rather willing hammer(newbie town + ok, 'I'll hammer then lol'.) Newbscum aren't willing to do that. I have a slight town read on muh. He is not the lynch for the day.

---

Pushing a weak case? Check
Unvote at L-1 for town points? Check
Serial Killer speculation? Check
Minor Slip-up? Check

Scott has officially entered probscum territory.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by TheSkeward »

danakillsu wrote:I would hand a live grenade to inHimshallIbe for not explaining his username and OMGUS voting me. I always have a suspect D1, so that's not a problem. I must commend petrolemjelly for his style of vote count. It's exactly what I've always wanted.
Karma wrote:It was an RV, no? Why do you consider it OMGUS?
inHimshallibe wrote:Yeah, we probably ought to lynch this one.
danakillsu wrote:He obviously voted for me simply because I was voting for him, and didn't even bother giving a fake reason for it. Just because it's "RVS" doesn't mean OMGUS is impossible.
Karma wrote:unvote, vote: danakillsu

<snip>

^^^scummy
[referring to dana's previous post.]
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Unvote:
Vote: Danakillsu

SB was more of a random vote. Dan's defensiveness and pandering to the mod raises eyebrows.
danakillsu wrote:a) It's dana
b) defensiveness?
c) Sorry that I complimented the mod for giving me the kind of votecount I like, but hardly ever see. If I was the mod, I know I'd appreciate it when people recognized my hard work. Sheesh. I might start getting defensive if this wagon builds up any more.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Yeah, you seem overly concerned about one vote, that's a scumtell. As far as the mod is concerned, if I were you I'd be more interested in scumhunting than mod complimenting. So who do you think is scum so far?
muh316 wrote:I think you guys are overreacting to dana complimenting the mod. I don't think that writing an extra sentence is actually gonna stop you from scumhunting.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Except he's not scumhunting.
danakillsu wrote:Way to say something negative about me with no basis. It's the second page, I have revealed one person as acting scummily, and you are already accusing me of not scumhunting. Who made you king of MafiaScum? I missed the coronation.
My case on inHimshallIbe is a better one than most people have, especially you.
Karma wrote:Moar votes plz
TheSkeward wrote:"Defensiveness", passive language, calls a compliment on the votecount 'pandering to the mod', as if that would be scummy anyway. This is not a post looking for scum, this is a post looking for reasons to call someone scum.

muh316's reaction to this struck me as town ("uh, what?") and Karma's struck me as scum ("moar votes plz"). I don't know where MonkeyMan gets off thinking that dana "isn't scumhunting" - it's the third page and she has done exactly as much scumhunting as you.
Karma wrote:Calling for a wagon on an extremely scummy player is scummy? It probably won't lead to a lynch, but if dana is scum, he'll slip. Scum always slip. A wagon is a way to find those slips.
TheSkeward wrote:In your own words, explain to me why dana is scum.

<snip>

"extremely scummy"*
Karma wrote:He's exceptionally defensive in RVS and freaks out when inhim "OMGUS" votes him. Nervous scum.
---tldr version---

MonkeyMan576: half-assed bullshit case

VOTE: Karma

Also reasonably happy with a Zang lynch.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by Karma »

Um...what?
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Post by TheSkeward »

TheSkeward wrote:
danakillsu wrote:I would hand a live grenade to inHimshallIbe for not explaining his username and OMGUS voting me. I always have a suspect D1, so that's not a problem. I must commend petrolemjelly for his style of vote count. It's exactly what I've always wanted.
Karma wrote:It was an RV, no? Why do you consider it OMGUS?
inHimshallibe wrote:Yeah, we probably ought to lynch this one.
danakillsu wrote:He obviously voted for me simply because I was voting for him, and didn't even bother giving a fake reason for it. Just because it's "RVS" doesn't mean OMGUS is impossible.
Karma wrote:unvote, vote: danakillsu

<snip>

^^^scummy
[referring to dana's previous post.]
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Unvote:
Vote: Danakillsu

SB was more of a random vote. Dan's defensiveness and pandering to the mod raises eyebrows.
danakillsu wrote:a) It's dana
b) defensiveness?
c) Sorry that I complimented the mod for giving me the kind of votecount I like, but hardly ever see. If I was the mod, I know I'd appreciate it when people recognized my hard work. Sheesh. I might start getting defensive if this wagon builds up any more.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Yeah, you seem overly concerned about one vote, that's a scumtell. As far as the mod is concerned, if I were you I'd be more interested in scumhunting than mod complimenting. So who do you think is scum so far?
muh316 wrote:I think you guys are overreacting to dana complimenting the mod. I don't think that writing an extra sentence is actually gonna stop you from scumhunting.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Except he's not scumhunting.
danakillsu wrote:Way to say something negative about me with no basis. It's the second page, I have revealed one person as acting scummily, and you are already accusing me of not scumhunting. Who made you king of MafiaScum? I missed the coronation.
My case on inHimshallIbe is a better one than most people have, especially you.
Karma wrote:Moar votes plz
TheSkeward wrote:"Defensiveness", passive language, calls a compliment on the votecount 'pandering to the mod', as if that would be scummy anyway. This is not a post looking for scum, this is a post looking for reasons to call someone scum.

muh316's reaction to this struck me as town ("uh, what?") and Karma's struck me as scum ("moar votes plz"). I don't know where MonkeyMan gets off thinking that dana "isn't scumhunting" - it's the third page and she has done exactly as much scumhunting as you.
Karma wrote:Calling for a wagon on an extremely scummy player is scummy? It probably won't lead to a lynch, but if dana is scum, he'll slip. Scum always slip. A wagon is a way to find those slips.
TheSkeward wrote:In your own words, explain to me why dana is scum.

<snip>

"extremely scummy"*
Karma wrote:He's exceptionally defensive in RVS and freaks out when inhim "OMGUS" votes him. Nervous scum.
---tldr version---

MonkeyMan576: half-assed bullshit case

VOTE: Karma

Also reasonably happy with a Zang lynch.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

[sarcasm on]Thanks for all those WOTs, skew, how pointless of you.[/sarcasm off]

I also consider Karma by far the more suspicious part in that confrontation, but there's no need to repeat all of it, especially without further comments.

@VV: Agreed on the first two points, but how is SK speculation scummy?

@Zang: You realize you are contradicting yourself, right? Again: Please lay down to me your reasons for being off the monkey/star waggon.

I'm inclined to believe muh for now.

@Anon: I was not lurking, I just had no time to actually play this game.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

VasudeVa wrote:
---

Pushing a weak case? Check
Unvote at L-1 for town points? Check
Serial Killer speculation? Check
Minor Slip-up? Check
Please explain 1 and 4. I fail to see how 2 and 3 are scummy.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:07 am

Post by VasudeVa »

1. The muh case is retarded. I explained why pushing for muh is silly. You are ignoring that players like him(VIs) do stuff and it is a null tell. Plus, it was really close to deadline which makes it nullerer. The sudden change of heart was also because of the deadline which, again, is null.
2. Townies generally are usually narrowminded and lynch happy(a generalization. The sudden unvote does not have those qualities and it gives me a scum vibe that you are sucking up.
3. SK speculation creates confusion. This is more of a personal tell though, but I generally believe that SK speculation should be kept to him/herself without any proof. It acts like a smoke screen and it gets in the way of actual scumhunting. (I'm spreading this around~ Tell your friends~)
4. Read the bolded quote in my vote post.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 am

Post by muh316 »

@dana 24 hours after day 2 you ask me for a claim
unvote
vote dana
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Zang »

SD wrote:@Zang: You realize you are contradicting yourself, right? Again: Please lay down to me your reasons for being off the monkey/star waggon.
how am I contradicting myself? And I've already explained why I was off it.
muh wrote:@dana 24 hours after day 2 you ask me for a claim
unvote
vote dana
why did you vote dana? I don't see how it's scummy to ask for a claim at L-1.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

LOL, what kind of word is "nullerer"...

to 1.) I agree for the most part, muh's behaviour seemed not obviously scum motivated to me. He is a "why not" lynch candidate at best, definitely not a sure or well justified lynch. That makes a quick lynch an even worse idea than it would be any way.
so 2.) is basically a null tell. Might be scum who tries to be off a waggon, but any way it is standard play to hold any eventual uncaring townie from accidently quicklynching muh and dicouraging scum to go for a bold quicklynch.
3.) I think the lineup speculation was started by others. Important point was: Who killed InHim. I agree it was neither SK nor mafia. I think it is too early speculate about roles and scum teams more specifically, however.
4.) I still don't get this one.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Zang: Then I did not understand you correctly. Please explain again - in your own words - for what exact reasons you resigned from the monkey waggon.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by muh316 »

I know it's not scummy but I believe it was just too early to get a lynch and a roleclaim just after 24 hours after the day.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

So you're pure OMGUS voting without the ambition to actually catch scum?! See: You can point out things without the need to immediatelly vote some one. I just did it you can, too :P
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by muh316 »

A vote makes a stronger impact on the game and on the case.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”