Mini 1001 - Guys, Pt. 2 [adult] Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:54 am

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Well.

Someone seems antsy D:

Why the unvote there NS? I don't think "I lost interest' cuts it~
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:21 am

Post by Ythill »

@Exilon:
I don't see anything scummy in those responses you quoted. Other than IoA and the incredibly subjective descriptor "a little bah," what you really haven't said anything. And I disagree wholeheartedly with your conlusions. Except the one where you're just agreeing with what I said, of course. It looks like you're trying too hard.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:36 am

Post by Exilon »

Ythill wrote:
@Exilon:
I don't see anything scummy in those responses you quoted. Other than IoA and the incredibly subjective descriptor "a little bah," what you really haven't said anything. And I disagree wholeheartedly with your conlusions. Except the one where you're just agreeing with what I said, of course. It looks like you're trying too hard.
MS, #271 wrote: 'crap traps'?

Good God... I don't even know anymore /jk

(...)
We have lots of rope. We have post restricted NS....may God bless your soul oh weary one .... We have Exilion being...well...Exilion? Did I mention we have lots of rope still?

Have
I
missed anything?
"I don't really know what to say, so I'll just joke about it"; addresses the point/trap but avoids a serious commitment to it. Afraid of something?
MS, #288 wrote: I don't know Exilion.

Do
you
think you should?
Still on the same lines.

InflatablePie wrote:
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:Have
I
missed anything?
Yes, he was here for dinner earlier.

---

Vote: Exilon
for that suspicious-looking countervote.
IP "unvotes" (lol) and then votes on me instead. You know what this vote came after? This statement:
InflatablePie wrote:I'll be voting someone else by the end of tonight; give me time to relax, masturbate, and reread some posts. Guess which one will be taking up most of my time?
Yet his vote does not come from anything he claimed he'd be doing.

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:I like my vote where its at.

*nods nods*
"Nod nod; yes, I need to reassure myself. I'm doing the right thing. Yeah."
Seems like trying to convince himself of something.
Feels like I've been here before.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:49 am

Seeing as I second guess myself fairly often in games like these, you might actually be on to something there ;)
W/L/O
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:50 am

Post by Ythill »

Ex wrote:Yet his vote does not come from anything he claimed he'd be doing.
Can you prove he didn't vote you based on masturbation. :P

Seriously though, it still just seems like you're pointing to null character traits and calling them scummy. I'm don't know that I find what you're doing suspicious, just pointless. Hell, the quote of IP that you posted sounds decicively townie to me. He saw something he found suspicious, said what it was, and then dropped a vote on you. The fact that he cracked a joke means nothing in a game full of silly banter.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Ythill »

Fuck my grammar and typing suck after I've been up all night with no coffee. Sorry.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:34 am

Post by Exilon »

The problem isn't the joke (and I just realized his 'Guess which one will be taking up most of my time?' was relating to what action he'd spend the most time doing and not the person he'd spend the most time reading), but that he implied he'd vote according to his reread (which presumably lets him build a solid reasoning) yet votes on me for that reason, which suggests he doesn't have better leads.
Feels like I've been here before.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:09 am

Post by Amished »

Amished wrote:Calling Mafuyu-town and InflatablePie-scum as of this post.
Amished wrote:
Ythan wrote:
Amished wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Zazie

Whatever.
Your last vote.
And? I still need to find any/all partners to IPenis.
Hey, Ythill: These were on page 3. You wanna try again cause I had this explanation in thread that I was looking for IP's partners. It's not something new or invented after the fact.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
The Mods
The Mods
Townie
The Mods
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:45 am

Post by The Mods »

Cliquey: On another forum I visit a man has decided to look at the effects of Pineapple on his semen. So far he has tasted no difference, about 5 days in. It a constant 4/10 rating. Dram, reck, I dare say this is your realm of expertise.

VOTE COUNT NUMBER EIGHT-IS-MATE

BloodCovenant (1): Mafuyu
InflatablePenis (1): Amished
Exilon (2): Ythan, InflatablePenis
Amished (3): Ythill, BloodCovenant, Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow (1): Exilon

Nonvoters (2): DTMaster, Untrod Tripod, Nobody Special

With ?? alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is the 22nd at 3:00PM EST.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:30 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Ythill wrote:Fuck my grammar and typing suck
You suck.

;D

---

To be honest, I got extremely lazy outside of working the last few days (and got addicted to Guild Wars), so I never actually reread. I should still do that.

Don't see how laziness in this case is a scumtell.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I need to read the whole thread again but it won't be until tonight as work is busy.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Ythill »

@Ami:
Yeah, I got that but then you switched your vote before getting that information. Explain please? I'm more interested in what you did than in what you said.

@Exi:
Okay, whatever. I understand your reasoning, I just don't agree with it, which is fine.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Ythan »

I could do Amish today. I could also still do Ex today.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Amished »

Ythill wrote:
@Ami:
Yeah, I got that but then you switched your vote before getting that information. Explain please? I'm more interested in what you did than in what you said.

@Exi:
Okay, whatever. I understand your reasoning, I just don't agree with it, which is fine.
As long as I could narrow down the list (like I provided) I was fine with it. I didn't need complete information, but I got more sure that IP is scum and then reduce the number of people to really look at and find scumtells in. I didn't feel the need to try to solve the game 100%; getting a scum member and a couple people that aren't with him was enough of a goal.

You said something about I switched my vote when there was more IP support for scum; when was this? I was pretty sure that I'm the only one that had ever voted him but I'd love to be proven wrong.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Amished »

Also:
@Ythan: Whom *wouldn't* you do, ever?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Ythill »

@Ani:
Yeah, I guess that makes sense, thanks for your answer. I still believe that people are going to need to be up your butt with a magnifying glass if/whan Mafuyu flips scum, but without that evidence, I'll accept your reasons.
Ami wrote:You said something about I switched my vote when there was more IP support for scum; when was this?
Ythan jabbed him in #s 60, 65, & 75; I called him suspicious in #111. I may have been remembering suspicion of him as more prevelant than it actually was, due to the number of attacks that you made against him yourself.

unvote

I'll try to do some rereading tonight and get my vote back up after I have done so.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Ythan »

Amished wrote:Also:
@Ythan: Whom *wouldn't* you do, ever?
This is Guys.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Amished »

@Ythill: I'm failing to understand why you thought my case against IP is reaching now that we cleared everything up.

He's really only attacked one player, and somebody that I would classify as an easy target (Mafuyu) being as newbie as he seems. This is not the actions of a townie and my main gripe with him. He's actively non-contributed to the game otherwise and was excessively worried about what I (and only I) would say about him if he switched votes. That implies a greater than what I would classify as normal self-preservation for a town aligned player.

@Ythan: What don't you like about Exi?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Ythan »

I can probably go read the thread and find some posts I made for you if you want.
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Mafuyu »

@Amished: Sexual innuendo aside, what point is there in asking who Ythan absolutely wouldn't lynch? Mafuyu hasn't seen that kind of question done Day 1 because the usual assumption is that unless confirmable evidence is brought up, it's a fruitless question. It's possible with the subtext that Ythill mentioned before that Ythan could have gotten reasonable evidence supporting towniness, but Mafuyu wouldn't think it possible without an ability or role designation to know for certain who is town. It seems like a very awkward question to ask considering your current set of questions and responses. Was it meant to be phrased that way to get a certain kind of result?
Guh. The words.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Amished »

@Mafuyu: it was just for the sexual innuendo.

@Ythan: If you would, please. Exi hasn't really set off any alarm bells for me so I was wondering what was causing hate for him.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by Ythill »

@Ami:
To answer your question I'm going to quote the case and insert my comments in colored text.
Amished wrote:To clarify: Mafuyu seems pretty newbie. The Yth's, me, you (BC), Zazie and NS are all not very easy targets. IP-scum in this situation would be nervous about this and go after an easy mislynch (mafuyu does seem to fit the bill).

This theory is predicated on the assumption that IP is scum because him honestly suspecting Maf is just as likley. Maf's account is new but screams alt. She doesn't seem to be lynchbait based on anything other than her join date, and she's done a few legitimately scummy things. Meanwhile, Exilon is almost as new, familliar to IP as lynchbait, and dealing with a language barrier. If IP was going for an easy lynch, he'd be on Exilon.

To note: In ISO 2, he challenges Ythill's town read of NS (like he knows Ythill is town) and then challenges his pro-townieness in the same paragraph.

The challenge to my reads sounded legitimate to me, and it was alignment-neutral. Then he went on to wonder about my seemingly frivolous Zazie vote, which he was right to question. I like that he seems to have already gone through the WIFOM of the suspicion in his head and is perplexed by why I would take an action that, on its face, seems classically anti-town.

In the same post, he attacks Mafuyu for something that isn't a scumtell (never too early for random theories) and piggybacks Ythan for something he "does not like".

Maf was trying to stifle relevant discussion, and the point of agreement was fence sitting. IMO, that's a strong, solid case to justify a page 3 vote.

Also, I do like the little trap that I set up for him. By calling him obv-scum and the bussing comments, it shouldn't bother him if he's town. Town would vote for whomever that they want regardless of other people's opinion of them. To not vote because of one person is not the action of a townie.

This is based on your assumption of how town and scum should play. I do agree that acting based on fear of suspicion is something scum do and I think this is the most noteworthy point of your case, but I've seen town do it too.

Then he loses track of where his vote is; and attacks Mafuyu *again* for something that isn't a scumtell (random votes).

People forget things as either alignment. You neglect to consider that Maf's random vote came long after discussion had therefore demonstrated a lack of scumhunting.

Support to my points:
I try for a quickhammer in mini 815 and when I get caught as scum my mindset was to lash back, but to not move my vote for fear of looking more scummy.

Shit, I can't find the other one: All I know is that I replaced out D1 as scum in a Friends and Enemies game by ABR with people like Vi, Troll, ekiM, Ojanen and I lost track of my vote. I have no clue what it was called anymore though :( The point is that I know where my vote is at all times as town; and I've only lost track of it as scum because you're fabricating scumreads.

This is where it gets really stretchy. Mistakes that one person has made as scum have little relevence to which mistakes someone else is likely to make as scum. The fact that you made them as scum says nothing about whether they are more common from scum or town. The fact that you felt the need to include this non-evidence gives the impression that you felt the actual evidence of IP's alignment wasn't enough to be convincing on its own.
FTR, I still haven't done any rereading but I'll get to it eventually.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by Ythill »

EBWOP:
You neglect to consider that Maf's random vote came long after discussion had
started and
therefore demonstrated a lack of scumhunting.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 pm

*knee-tapping impatience*

Unvote
Vote: DTMaster

You haven't wowed us yet.
W/L/O
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by Ythill »

Rereads complete. Here are my feelings on today's lynch.

VOTE: Mafuyu

Yessir
  • Nobody Special: He's posted more than one sentance iso #s 6, 23, & 35 without any ramifications. It may be that quotes and votes don't count for his restriction but, if that's the case, I wonder why he has been separating out his votes in other places and why he hasn't used heavy quoting as a way to contribute without violating his restriction. He's also been hiding behind the restriction a bit. Even if he's telling the truth and is town, mislynching him will hurt the town less than mislynching someone without a post restriction. I'm moving him to my list of candidtaes.
  • Amished: In iso, his play still seems kinda fishy. Not as clearly scum as I initially stated, but maybe he's just good at talking himself out of a tight spot. I'd lend my vote to an Ami lynch, but only if the supporters are a little more vocal about their reasoning than the threesome who jumped on him behind me earlier.
  • Mafuyu: Flying under the radar. Has a lot of "townie sounding" theory stances but almost no opinions about people's alignments. She excuses her later RV by citing her relative inactivity but that doesn't make sense because her first vote was content-based. Stifled discussion. That comment she made about how I shouldn't dismiss a point against Exilon struck me as extremely scummy because she's indicated no suspicion of him but doesn't want me to look away from him. Plus there are connections to my other lynch candidates. At this time, I feel she's the best play.
Meh
  • BloodCovenent: I'm fluctuating on him. Maybe scum but I'm not interested in lynching him today.
  • Exilon: Being off-meta could be telling, or maybe he was busy. Voting the mods is bad play but I've seen townies do it. I'd like some more time to solidify a read here. Not interested in lynching him at this point.
  • DTMaster
    ZazieR
    : So... DT replaces a non-entity only to post excuses. Why not give at least some brief thoughts based on the 3-5 pages he's read? And it's not like this game is hard to read. Between NS, MS, Ythan, and myself, the posts are mostly very short. I'm not interested in lynch him
    right now
    but will be putting him back on that list if his content doesn't improve.
  • Untrod Tripod: He's fluffy and I'm taken him off the town list but I still don't see any reason to lynch him today.
Nope
(not interested in lynching them, obv)
  • Ythan
  • Midnight's Sorrow
  • Inflatable Pie
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”