Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Drippereth »

I cannot confirm dana's ability, I am not be able to observe an effect of a jailkeep/roleblock.

Sorry.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by CSL »

Axelrod wrote:
CSL wrote:I like dana's answer, but now I think about it, he could be a scum jailor.

The only way to find out if he's telling the truth is to lynch him, tbh.

UNVOTE; VOTE: danakillsu

If my math is correct, he be at L-2?
No it's not.
Learn to read. He had eight, then Benmage placed a vote on him, then I did, and it's 12 to lynch.

As I stated earlier, I will switch to dana if he looks like today's lynch candidate. I switched. End of story.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by xvart »

CSL wrote:
Axelrod wrote:
CSL wrote:I like dana's answer, but now I think about it, he could be a scum jailor.

No it's not.
Learn to read. He had eight, then Benmage placed a vote on him, then I did, and it's 12 to lynch.
I think he meant it's not the only way to tell if he's speaking the truth; and your justification is terrible.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by danakillsu »

This is a bit ridiculous, you have to admit. From my side of things, I give you all that I can from my PM without just quoting it, the flavor and role fit, the character is real, I know nothing about these books, and the votes continue to pile up. I don't really know what I did that was scummy, since no one will explain to me why my behavior is seen that way, and there's really nothing I can do other than say "go town, you're lynching one of your PR's".
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by CSL »

dana, I see a hint of AtE in your post.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Benmage »

Drippereth wrote:I cannot confirm dana's ability, I am not be able to observe an effect of a jailkeep/roleblock.

Sorry.
Interesting that you claim not to have been jk/rb'd and choose not to vote dana.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Drip didn't say that they weren't JK'd/RB'd, they said that they wouldn't know if they were. Big difference.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Benmage »

Mmm true.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:16 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Request Replacement

Noted.

I'm very very sorry to have to do this. I keep trying to catch up, and every time I do something else comes up. This time its Law School prep. Summer reading lists, Bar prep checklists, bleh, and this one is going to take most of the rest of my free time. I'm doing a disservice to you and everyone in the game, and its best if I step aside now. I really wanted to get involved here, but I really just can't do it :(.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:47 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

LynchMePls wrote:It was time to get a lynch, and people were unconvinced by my Richard-CMAR-Axelrod case (which makes sense, because as we know now I was clearly wrong).
Surely that only makes sense to the scum, who probably knew you were wrong. People thought you were wrong but they didn't have the information we have now, so how does it make sense that they were unconvinced then? It makes sense that people are unconvinced by a poor case. I don't understand how this makes sense to you if you thought it was a good case.
LynchMePls wrote: I "work" with Drippereth only in the sense that we're both town and we're both hunting scum.
And you know this how?

Dana's claim makes sense, but as multiple people have pointed out, so did Raivann's. The worst thing about Dana for me is the fact that he maintains he thought Raivann was super-scummy all along, when he quite clearly tries to dissuade people from the Raivann lynch and calls the mess-up a null-tell. It's quite a while after his attempt to sway people to the Kleedrac wagon before he actually says he'd be 'just as down for a Raivann lynch'. He basically keeps his options open for switching to Raivann the whole time without ever really addressing Raivann's horrendously scummy play. I'm up for a Dana lynch but I think we need to hear from everyone on this claim, particularly our Hand.

Still watching Macavity. I want to hear the Kinetic replacement's thoughts on pretty much everyone.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:06 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I still don't like dana. Even with the claim.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Mikujin »

This certainly doesn't bolster my confidence in you, CSL. As Dana himself pointed out, this is a very poorly veiled bandwagon vote. Not only that, but you made sure to set up a fallback on dana early on - when you voted SSBF citing less justification than you have recently. In fact:
CSL wrote:Why I voted SSBF and HOS'd dana? dana has done nothing but talk useless crap, but is at least trying to go the other direction.
SSBF is MUCH MUCH worse.
My emphasis. Why is SSBF "MUCH MUCH worse?" You've put forth no reasoning behind your stance, and have recently switched to dana - despite this comment - with the logic that we can only prove he's a Jailer if he's dead. While the Jailer claim, as has been mentioned, is a good Scum RB claim, there's certainly no reason to turbo him to prove his claim. In my eyes, you're doing all you can to push someone else in the line of fire, and it certainly does little to aid your credibility.

I'd FoS you, CSL, but it's been done a handful of times already, and I'm sure everyone notices your behavior as well as I at this point.
danakillsu wrote:This is a bit ridiculous, you have to admit. From my side of things, I give you all that I can from my PM without just quoting it, the flavor and role fit, the character is real, I know nothing about these books, and the votes continue to pile up.
I don't really know what I did that was scummy, since no one will explain to me why my behavior is seen that way,
and there's really nothing I can do other than say "go town, you're lynching one of your PR's".
As has been stated prior, your insistence in pushing your "Don't lynch Raivann, lynch Kleedrac" agenda, accompanied with your constant attempts to keep the option of switching your vote at the drop of a hat, really looks scummy, especially in light of their respective flips. You pushed awful hard for us to lynch a townie in place of scum, citing that if we thought both were scum, there wasn't any reason not to. You ended up voting Raivann while his wagon picked up steam - well before it was a certainty he was being lynched - which just further makes you look like you were bussing a buddy. You've done little to allay any suspicions, and really seem to be flailing around - especially so since your claim hasn't given you insta-town appeal to the point everyone is unvoting you.

My outstanding vote on you shall remain where it is; your AtE ("go town, you're lynching one of your PR's") does little to draw my concern to you. You're grasping at straws in order to stay alive as long as possible.
Douchebags get kind of a bad rap. They provide a useful service.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:11 am

Post by LimMePls »

Locke Lamora wrote:Surely that only makes sense to the scum, who probably knew you were wrong. People thought you were wrong but they didn't have the information we have now, so how does it make sense that they were unconvinced then? It makes sense that people are unconvinced by a poor case. I don't understand how this makes sense to you if you thought it was a good case.
The part in parentheses was meant in hind sight. Obviously at the time I thought it was a good case and I wanted everyone to believe me. I'm just saying that I turned out to be wrong.
Locke Lamora wrote:And you know this how?
Gut. I could be wrong. The point I'm making is that I believe Dripp is town based on my read, so if I appear to be "working" with Dripp that is why, not because we're scum.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Benmage »

Let's get a votecount, and then those not voting dana can explain why.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:55 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Back from my 4th of July Family activities …

@LynchMe – If you have answered my question regarding Vezo and Meta at 955 please disregard the following –

You state that Vezo is playing to his Town meta. Does he have a scum meta? If not how can you justify ruling out Vezo’s quite frankly horrible play based on an incomplete meta set?
I doubt it wrote:Even though dana's links to Raivann may be more suspicious than SSBF's, SSBF looks really scummy. If he isn't Raivann's scumbuddy then he could easily be from the other scumgroup.
Please elaborate on how SSBF could rationally be from an opposing faction yet have scummy links to Raivann. I don’t see how opposing scum forces could realistically be defending each other.
DripHydra wrote:We're working on Percy case but it probs won't be up for a few days.
I understand with the holidays how this might be delayed. I’m very curious to see what you come up with. Also, why aren’t you posting your Town / Scum lists as you did Day 1? Is that a tool you traditionally use early in the game but abandon later?
SSBF wrote:Mina makes some pretty solid points against Drippereth, which I really do like. It helps establish a connection between both of them.
Can you clarify what sort of connection you mean regarding DripHydra and Mina? I’m confused as to whether you think Mina is bussing Drip or if you mean something else.
CSL wrote:Why I voted SSBF and HOS'd dana? dana has done nothing but talk useless crap, but is at least trying to go the other direction. SSBF is MUCH MUCH worse.
Really? Today SSBF posted a PBP case on Vezo and has contributed in his own defence and about other players posts. Dana has basically complained that the case on her is weak. No scum-hunting that I can see (to page 42, anyway). This and your back-peddling re: Benmage at 1038 and 1041 makes Mina’s case against you seem even stronger.
Dana wrote:Explain to me how it WOULD have hurt us to not lynch Raivann D1 even if he had not been NK'd. What I was saying was just that we could lynch him tomorrow.
If we didn’t lynch him Day 1 due to his claim and he claims a kill that appears reasonable for a Vig why would we lynch him later? The harm is that we ended up lynching a Town PR in place of Mafia.

This takes me up to page 43. I’ll try to add more tonight but if not tomorrow I’ll have to finish my catch-up.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Mina »

Hey, this is just a lame "I'm still alive, but insanely busy and having trouble keeping up with multiple games" post because I'm in a rush right now. I have thoughts on what I missed and responses to people's questions, but I don't have time to formulate them all into words.

After ISO-ing Raivann in Crimson King, I think it's highly unlikely that dana is his scumbuddy. Raivann didn't do more distancing than occasionally ask his buddies a one-line question, and voting for his buddy
after
someone counter-claimed his buddy. I doubt he'd call attention to danakillsu's slip; the drunk stream-of-conscious vote-and-unvote seemed spontaneous. Not sure about SSBF: Raivann might have improved his play since then and FOS-ed a buddy (even though he didn't do so in Crimson King, but I still think that makes SSBF
slightly
less likely to be Greyjoy Mafia.

Anyone voting for dana mostly for the Raivann connection should read Crimson King and make up their own mind. I actually think he's more likely to be Lannister Mafia (no, I don't have extra information, but there's obviously a Lannister faction) than Greyjoy Mafia.

I really want to do a full-length partnership and wagon analysis when I have more time. Please, no one end the day until I get a chance to do it. There's a shitload of information I'm getting just from the little I've done so far.

@LynchMe: I agree that the non-voters suck, but you seemed to have a problem with me voting for someone who wasn't SSBF or dana. You were telling me to vote for one of them so that we'd have more cohesion. What's the reason for the backtrack?

@MacavityLock: since you asked me, do you
disagree
that dana and SSBF are VIs? As I mentioned before, dana's play was extremely VI-ish and illogical in the one game I've played with him on this site. I have less experience with SSBF, but I know he's mentioned in a MD thread that he's never been nightkilled. Of course, I don't think "VI" and "scum" are mutually exclusive. It does mean that weak arguments and sloppy play alone aren't enough for me to vote for them.

And CSL is still obvobvobvobvobvscum. Come on. He changed his vote from SSBF to dana because he believed dana's claim, but thought we needed to lynch him to find out if he was telling the truth! Come. Fucking. On. Also, he shouldn't accuse people of AtE's when he's the one who pulled the "I get lynched all the time" card.

"A lynch > No Lynch" is not even a defence. In the first place, Raivann and CMAR were neck-and-neck, so a no-lynch wouldn't happen regardless of who you voted for.

Secondly, when I called you on it, you didn't say anything about avoiding a no-lynch. You said you voted found CMAR scummier than Raivann, EVEN THOUGH YOU ALREADY SAID YOU'D FOUND RAIVANN SCUMMIER. AND WHEN I CALLED YOU ON THIS BLATANT LIE, YOU BACKPEDALLED AND WENT BACK TO THE "I didn't want a no-lynch" STORY!

Why are people FOS-ing CSL and repeating over and over again how scummy he looks, but not voting him? I think the case on him is stronger than the case on danakillsu and SSBF. If CSL flips scum, I'm sure his buddy is among the players who are proclaiming that he's suspicious but not doing anything about it.

Benmage is also scummy, particularly his exuberance over wanting a claim from dana.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 2.7: The
"Now sheath your bloody sword or I'll take it from you and shove it somewhere even Renly never found."
votecount

Lynch Count

Vezokpiraka (1) -
Super Smash Bros. Fan

Danakillsu (10) -
Percy, Thor665, Mikujin, Axelrod, RichardGHP, xvart, LynchMePls,Vezokpiraka, Benmage, CSL

CSL (2) -
Percy, Mina

Super Smash Bros. Fan (5) -
hasdgfas, I Doubt it, Rifka Viveka, MacavityLock, Danakillsu

MacavityLock (1) -
Locke Lamora

LynchMePls (1) -
Unsight

Not voting to Lynch (3) -
Kinetic, MagnaofIllusion, Drippereth

With 22 alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.
The deadline for today's lynch is
10:00pm (CDT) on Sunday the 18th of July
. You can view a countdown to the deadline

Replacing Kinetic and prodding who needs a prod.
Thor is still V/la I think.

Imma bee (lol fucking stupid song) V/LA till Monday. Seacore should be still around, but just be more patient if a prod/VC is needed since we've been splitting responsibillities up to this point. Thanks :D
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by CSL »

Mina, the ONLY reason you are saying the case is stronger against me is because YOU'RE ON THE WAGON YOURSELF.

ALSO, look at Antartic Winter-Over Mafia. A TOWN PLAYER said "a lynch > no lynch" and he got lynched, BUT HE WAS TOWN!

So, maybe YOU'RE the scum trying to get me lynched? Maybe I have to ISO you AGAIN to see if my reads have changed?!?

Also, I am Maester Luwin, Innocent Aligned. I have no powers, thus making me a Townie. I don't give a rats ass if I wasn't asked to claim. I claimed. Tough shit.

My vote stands.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Flavour please.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by CSL »

Says I'm a Maester of Winterfell and a trusted advisor to the Starks. In this war I'm supposed help the people who need it and do my best in your efforts to rid the world of the scum.

Anything else?
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Nope, other than you shouldn't have even claimed at all. Pre-emptively addressing that statement doesn't make it any less valid, either.

Since I haven't read the books, can we get an educated opinion in whether the claim fits flavour-wise?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by LimMePls »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:@LynchMe – If you have answered my question regarding Vezo and Meta at 955 please disregard the following –

You state that Vezo is playing to his Town meta. Does he have a scum meta? If not how can you justify ruling out Vezo’s quite frankly horrible play based on an incomplete meta set?
This is a good question. I've only seen his town play. It is possible this is how he plays as scum too. As I've said before when asked about vezo, the case against him isn't totally without merit. My feeling of town VI is based on my gut plus my observations of his town play. I'm certainly open to the possibility of vezo-scum. What I take exception to is SSBF's case on him, it was pretty much complete crap.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Mina wrote:@LynchMe: I agree that the non-voters suck, but you seemed to have a problem with me voting for someone who wasn't SSBF or dana. You were telling me to vote for one of them so that we'd have more cohesion. What's the reason for the backtrack?
You made a good counter argument. What am I supposed to do, keep saying something even when people point out I'm wrong? When I made that post originally I was basically just frustrated at the lack of votes on the obv scum. I included that section to you because, while I understand your CSL case, I thought you agreed with the SSBF and dana cases, so you not wanting to particiapte in either of those wagons seems weird to me.

While we're on the subject, what do you make of the SSBF and dana wagons? What about the dana claim? Do you still think CSL is a better lynch? On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being most scummy) could you rate CSL, dana, and SSBF?

V/LA on weekends
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by CSL »

Mina will say I'm scummier because she's on my wagon. Everything else is a blatant nulltell.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by LimMePls »

I'm not sure what to make of the L-10 claim. Scum tell? GG Mina, I may be switching votes here soon.

@Dripp: You still aren't voting. WTF? Pretty glad we didn't make you the hand now. I asked why you weren't voting days ago, and you still aren't. Why the hesitation in voting? You didn't seem all that shy about it D1.

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”