charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by charter »

I don't get why we're lynching llama first. Wouldn't it be better to let alamaster investigate another night and see what that brings us and lynch SSBF today? Pretty much regardless of Llama's flip, SSBF is still probscum. Why don't we just lynch him first?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by hiphop »

^Scum

What? How? If llama is scum, how does that say Almaster is scum too? And if llama is town, how does that say Almaster is town?

Also if you believe charter is scum, why are you taking (what you say) a 50-50 chance?

Haha. In the last vote count llama is voting for himself and Charter. Since when did he become a double voter?

Since a majority of my town reads are voting for Llama, I will concede and vote with them, even though i would rather vote SSBF or charter.

But before I vote I want to hear what nopo's opinion is.

I will make one more push, in the fact that one of the cops must be scum. There is no guarentee that llama must be scum. Why put off what eventually must be done? We have to lynch one of the cops.

Llama you are at L-1, so claim.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by hiphop »

^scum is directed at SSBF
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

O RLY SSBF? I was just waiting for someone to make a logic fail like that.

First, we're assuming that you are town. This is a stupid assumption, but this is fypov.

1. I flip scum.

ssbf's sanities:
a. sane
-alamaster is paranoid cop
-alamaster is a second sane cop and this setup officially sucks balls
-alamaster is wtffail bussing godfather
-alamaster is insane cop and I am secretly a miller
b. insane
-Alamaster is millercop, sane.
-alamaster is fail bussing godfather
c. naiive
all of the above.

2. I flip town:

a. sane
-alamaster is insane cop
-alamaster is paranoid cop
-alamaster is lying godfather
b. insane
-alamaster is lying scum
c. naiive
all of the above.

So you see, no matter what I flip, you will not know your sanity or alamasters, and you won't know his alignment either. And the rest of the town learns absolutely NOTHING. Because you could be lying scum, and that throws everything off.

Also, I believe that everyone else in the town will believe ssbf's last post to be super scummy. I've seen people use that reasoning before, and I've seen other people jump on those people. The whole 'it's better to lynch this person because if they're scum this other person is scum, no matter how unlikely it is that they are scum' reasoning.

THE BELOW IS HARD TO READ & UNDERSTAND, IGNORE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE IF I MISSED A SCENARIO.

Scenario one, I flip scum.

You know that alamanatee is NOT an insane cop. You could be sane and he could be A SANE COP (what the f two sane cops nowai), or you could be insane and he is scum bussing for some weird reason. the possibility of two mafia godfathers also screws this up. Now you could be sane and he's bussing scum. Or you're naiive and he's a very lucky para cop and charter is the REAL investigative role.

That's a whooooooole lot of possibilities, and in some of them you guys are both town. I personally don't think that a scum flip from me would tell you anything.

Now, scenario two, when I flip town:

You are sane cop and alamaster is insane/para cop. You are sane/insane and alamaster is lying scum/godfather. You are naiive and alamaster is paranoid/lying scum.

That one seemed a lot more concise.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

oh, and @Hiphop: You never voted for me, and 'follow the town' is stupid. They're all jumping off of a cliff and you're going to follow them? If you're serious, and you and they still want to lynch me in oh... how about 48 hours or so, then I'll claim. My role doesn't exactly work if the scum knows who I am/what it is.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Hiphop, what did you just try to pull? We have nine people left and I have three votes on me. Unless you thought you voted, that's not really near lynching. Also, Charter alamanatee and spyrex are your TOWN reads? what are you smoking?
Weird, I could have sworn I saw Crypto vote for me earlier, but I just reread the day like 3 times and I couldn't find it.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

If people are actually SUPER DOOPER PARANOID, I can investigate myself and charter can investigate llama for gunz AND THEN WE CAN KNOW FOR SURE.

I'm telling you, though, it's totally unnecessary. SSBF and llama are just lying through their teeth to think of ANY possible scenario, no matter how far-fetched, to get them out of the noose.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

wtf how does that make any sense?

"follow me gaiz, I'm totally right and even if I'm wrong you've caught scum!"

"But your plan is terrible, and we WON'T catch scum if you're wrong, and we don't believe you anyway. See here, here's like a hundred different plausible scenarios where you're right/wrong and in NONE of them do we definitely catch another scum (assuming you were right the first time)."

"You're just making excuses!"

Mocking people is fun. It's less fun when people don't give you much to work with because they're already being as batshit insane as they could possibly be and you can't think of anything sillier.

You see, you try and characterize us as paranoid, but we're being smart. It seems the only living people who think I'm scum have already voted for me, and others who are considering voting for me are doing it only because they thought your plan would actually tell us something.
alamanatee wrote:I'm telling you, though, it's totally unnecessary. SSBF and llama are just lying through their teeth to think of ANY possible scenario, no matter how far-fetched, to get them out of the noose.
No. Just no. first, ssbf has been wanting to lynch me, I wouldn't mind at all if we lynched him. Some of my scenarios were far fetched, but there were also some plausible ones in there. All it takes is one, and I've given you a dozen. The only reason a person should lynch one of their town reads is if they know beyond a shodow of a doubt that it will catch them at least one scum.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Fine. We lynch SSBF first.

I really don't care.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

umm, no. In case you couldn't tell, I am going to vehemently oppose any course of action you suggest.

...Actually, lynching ssbf could be a good idea. Sure it wouldn't tell us anything other than if he's scum or not, but I'm pretty sure he is. But then we'd have to lynch you if he IS a cop. Unless it's a naive/para/gunsmith thing I suggested earlier. hmm.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by hiphop »

Crypto voted for you Not my fault the mod messes up the vc. L-1, you can claim now.

Yes, I plan to follow my town reads. I have given my arguments for an SSBF lynch. If they cannot see it, then I must be bias. Either way, i do not plan to vote with possible scum, unless my town reads do too.

I really do not care, how your role works. It is not night, therefore whether you claim early in the day or later, it won't make a difference to scum, but it will to me. Just claim. Though, if you are a Pr, then the mod is insane.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:36 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

...or one of the cop claims is lying or they're naive/para and just there for lulz.

So I am at L-1. Are you sure you want to go through with this plan, even though I have shown you how it won't help the town at all? The only person it could really help is alamanatee. And hell no I don't want to claim. I'm going to do my best to convince you you're being stupid during the week and a half at least we have left. Certainly it could be wasting time that we don't have to waste, but claiming today would be about as bad for the town as wasting a couple of days.

alamanatee voted for me because he got a guilty. Crypto is 'playing along.' Spyrex obviously wants to lynch me anyway. SSBF voted for me because he fails at thinking and believes my death will reveal alamaster's alignment/sanity.

Before I claim, I want to see Crypto and SSBF (and spyrex too, why not?) read my post 578 and still say that lynching me will tell us everything they think it will. They're ignoring the possibility of naive/paranoid and some others as well. Certainly some of those scenarios are unlikely, but there are plenty that are likely and will ruin your attempts to figure out the cops' reliability. Now, do you know what would help us at least as much as lynching me would? Lynching one of the cops. Sure it wouldn't tell us anything about the other's role, but it would have a higher chance of hitting scum than lynching me, and the lack of information is kind of my point. LYNCHING ME WILL NOT TELL YOU ENOUGH FOR IT TO BE WORTH IT.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:02 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

If I'm a sane cop (which is the most probable scenario) and, as such, you're scum, then how does it ONLY help me?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:44 am

Post by charter »

If lynching SSBF didn't make more sense than Llama, I'd hammer Llama in a heartbeat with how ridiculously scummy he's being with all these pleas.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:21 am

Post by crypto »

Unvote.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Hayker »

Vote Count

Llamaeatataco 3-(AlmasterGM, SpyreX, Super Smash Bros. Fan)

Super Smash Bros. Fan 2-(charter, hiphop)

Charter 1-(Llamaeatataco)

Not Voting 3-(nopointinactingup, Wickedestjr, crypto)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:46 am

Post by crypto »

Vote: Wickedestjr.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:50 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

^ lolwut
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 am

Post by crypto »

Shut up; I'm stalling. Also, I forgot about his V/LA note.
Unvote.

Charter's play smells funny but I still can't get over his claim.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:14 am

Post by charter »

What smells funny about my play?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:38 am

Post by SpyreX »

For the record its not OHH GOD WE WILL UNRAVEL THE UNIVERSE that makes me want to lynch you (because, yes, while it eliminates options it doesn't make anything "ironclad" (double hint: nothing is "ironclad" ever)).

Its the play. Day 1 was awesome and this new welp lets done get lynching a copclaim and when they're a cop lets go lynch the other because I am a SUPER SECRET PR but I wont say more until deadline scramble time because that's hella helpful and all.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

I figured out why Charterscum would claim at the time that he did. Because that's what Chartertown would do.
Spyrex wrote: Its the play. Day 1 was awesome and this new welp lets done get lynching a copclaim and when they're a cop lets go lynch the other because I am a SUPER SECRET PR but I wont say more until deadline scramble time because that's hella helpful and all.
1. Unnecessary claims help the scum, not the town.
2. When did I say lynch one then the other?
3. It's not that I'm not going to claim until deadline, it's that I'm not going to claim until I absolutely have to. See 1.

@Alamanatee: I'm pretty sure I said this, and if I didn't it's because the wording was awkward and I edited it out, but what I meant was that lynching me doesn't help you at all unless I'm scum, and if I'm scum it doesn't help you past lynching a scum. Therefore lynch me based on the quality of my play, not the silly business with the cops.

@Charter:
Charter wrote:If lynching SSBF didn't make more sense than Llama, I'd hammer Llama in a heartbeat with how ridiculously scummy he's being with all these pleas.
Oh, so it's scummy to show how a bad plan is bad now?

Seriously. You say that lynching me makes less sense than lynching ssbf. I tell you the exact same thing. You then proceed to tell me that I'm being scummy for explaining in detail the exact reason behind lynching me being useless to unravel the cop claims. I told you what you already were thinking, apparently and then you call me suspicious (It's not scummy to explain to the town why their plan will not work. If the town is thickheaded, it is also not scummy to repeat your reasons in detail.)

At least, that's what it would be if you were town. With you as scum that tangled mess of wtf becomes very simple. You want to say you'd lynch me (trying to reinforce the idea that all of the town wants me dead) while still giving yourself a reason not to. This lets you support my lynch while still staying on the sidelines. It also lets you lynch ssbf with absolutely no recourse (It made sense to lynch our cop!). This be fence sitting. "I want to lynch llama but I want to lynch ssbf more."

As awesome as my theory of para/naive/gunsmith is, it's nothing against Charter's scummy play. First he refuses to lynch Sando. then he fence sits like a madman, then he has the balls to tell me that pointing out the obvious flaws in a plan is something scum would do. Do you know what scum would do? If I was scum, I'd take the lynch and then have the town lynch their REAL cop tomorrow. I'm not likely to make it to the end anyway, and giving the scum 2 free kills is a good sacrifice.

Anyway, if you people seriously want to go along with this batshit insane idea, I'll claim. Crypto has obviously taken away his support. HipHop, you're the only one remaining thinking about voting me who I really care about. Do you still want to lynch me?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

V/LA until Sunday.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

"I figured out how he's scum! Its because he's town!"

And if you think this is unnecessary welp keep grabbin for that rope.

I'll just make sure it stays around your neck.

[quote]...Actually, lynching ssbf could be a good idea. Sure it wouldn't tell us anything other than if he's scum or not, but I'm pretty sure he is. But then we'd have to lynch you if he IS a cop. Unless it's a naive/para/gunsmith thing I suggested earlier. hmm.[quote]

Unravel the mystery herein.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:49 am

Post by charter »

Llama's last post is hilarious. 'He did it as scum because he'd do it as town'. I don't think suspicions get any more flimsy than that. So hilarious that I don't even care about lynching SSBF anymore.
unvote, vote Llama

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”