Mini 990: YuGiOh! The Abridged Mafia - (OVER)

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by bv310 »

MaxMouse wrote: I want to hear back from BV, because his post is weird to me as I received no such message during the night and I'd love to know what he's getting at.
And now I see this. Anyway, my role (in vaguest terms) allows me to "roll the dice" once per night, on one other player. It doesn't say what the ability is, so I decided to try it out last night on you. I got the result 6. Literally no idea what that means.

ATTENTION DUELISTS

MY HAIR WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THE VOTECOUNT!

AlmasterGM (1) - bv310
Brandi (0) -
bv310 (0) -
charter (2) - Jarti, Pomegranate
FakeGod (0) -
InflatablePie (0) -
Jarti (0) -
Kitoari (1) - InflatablePie
MaxMouse (0) -
Pomegranate (0) -

10 alive, 6 to lynch

AlmasterGM is V/LA through 7/11/10.
Last edited by Riceballtail on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by FakeGod »

@bv: um, ok.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Alma you have town cred from like, the entire town.

Come over here and start talking plz (any thoughts on Charter?)

kthx

Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Kitoari »

InflatablePie: We've already established why I wasn't posting d1 (replacemeeeents). Any other reasons for voting me?
Pomegranate: I'd love to know your charter reasoning.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Jarti »

Kitoari wrote:Pomegranate: I'd love to know your charter reasoning.
Any reasons you wouldn't want to see mine?
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by FakeGod »

@Jarti: you could just tell us...

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:28 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Kit: Your ISOs 1, 2, 5, 6.

I'll explain later; after work.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:49 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Okay, I've been a bit busy, but my case on charter will be ready tonight. It's nothing big though, because he's so obviously scummy.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:55 am

Post by FakeGod »

Pomegranate wrote:because he's so obviously scummy.
I'm not unwilling to lynch him, but since when was he so obvscum?

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:51 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Did I say ISO 1? Whoops, that's RVS and irrelevant. Anyways:

ISO2
Kitoari wrote:Wait, are we still in RVS or are we actually going for a beloved princess lynch?
Soft-defending my slot.

ISO3
Kitoari wrote:No, I just don't like 100% random lynches. Although, I'm kind of surprised you pulled out the scumbuddies idea so quickly.
You don't like random lynches (but voted dram for a random reason), imply that BP will be lynched and the last part sounds liek you're trying to deflect some suspicion back to Almaster.

ISO5
Kitoari wrote:1) My experience is that she would be lynched, but it seems like it's dragging on long enough that the wagon might fall apart. 2) I would understand if I was vehemently defending her, which I'm not. "Why are people voting X" is a fairly standard question from what I understand. I'm rather upset that she hasn't posted but I guess it hasn't really been that long, either.
That last part is what I call fencesitting.
Kitoari wrote:How does scumhunting = throwing random votes on people and hoping something sticks? On the flipside, the fact that BP still hasn't posted even though she's the main wagon at the moment annoys me immensely.

Glare of Suspicion: BP

It's sort of like a FoS, except it isn't a FoS.
Sounds like Kit is trying to lead a wagon on BP, constantly reminding everyone (s)he is lurking, but yet stays on dram. Kit is suspicious of BP (then again it "isn't an FoS". -_-) but yet leaves the RVS vote on dram.

I don't like.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:54 am

Post by InflatablePie »

EBWOP: Quote above is ISO6.

ISO7
Kitoari wrote:
MaxMouse wrote: I do agree with this. I didn't like [BP's] wagon and how fast it was built on very shaky bits of nothing.
I was saying this the whole damn time.
No, you were soft-defending my slot in the beginning by implying BP was going to be lynched, then switched to suspecting BP of lurking and finding her suspicious because of it.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

FakeGod wrote:
Obvious scum is not the same as obviously scummy, or at least IMO.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Pomegranate wrote:
FakeGod wrote:
um..... EBWOP: but since when was he so obviously scummy?

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by FakeGod »

@bv: in case scum decides to shoot you or something, could you tell us who you're going to use your ability on when the day's almost up? (so we might be able to figure out '6' meant later on)

I'm also in need of Max's thoughts and willingness-to-lynch on Charter and Kit.

-

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by bv310 »

Sure. I'm actually quite curious what 6 means. I was hoping you'd get some kind of message about it.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by bv310 »

Actually, now that I think about it, this role is a lot similar to one that was in Wheedonesque Mafia. (The role was Shepherd Book if anyone's curious)
MaxMouse
MaxMouse
Townie
MaxMouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by MaxMouse »

FakeGod wrote: I'm also in need of Max's thoughts and willingness-to-lynch on Charter and Kit.
-
This is a little overdue, but here you go:

Lets start with Kit:
He's thus far been less than productive. The ISO above summarizes pretty much his posting in general. I do understand he was out for some point, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he was basically doing as little decisive voting as possible. I dislike the fact that he seemed to be trying to make some sort of semblance of a case on IP (BP) but wasn't voting that way. At the same time it initially seemed like he wasn't suspicious of BP, and didn't like her wagon, but was somehow suspicious anyway? It doesn't make a lot of sense. HOWEVER, I can excuse this as bad town play, especially since the chance of Dram bussing a scumbuddy is far lower than someone playing badly as town.

Now Charter:
Hasn't had a chance to really contribute yet today due to V/LA, but I would like to see more before forming a complete opinion on him. There is one thing I do not like about his play yesterday. I didn't like the reason he decided to vote for FG, it seemed a little bit of weird. He basically said, I think that the case on Dram is good but there are scum on his wagon so I'm not going to vote for him. The thing that bugs me about that is simply the fact that by the numbers there are bound to be scum on the wagon. He says its scum fueled but why on earth would the scum have bussed the first day? This would have to mean that Alamaster planned to off his buddy on D1. He instead goes after FakeGod simply for voting for lurkers (which I consider a very null tell) and vote hopping (which is really not all that incriminating on D1, while it would be later in the game). The two things I'd like to see before doing anything would be a response from Charter and some fleshed out reasoning from Jarti and Pom, who seem to not be displaying reasoning as much, Jarti especially who did this yesterday to some extent.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

FakeGod wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
FakeGod wrote:
um..... EBWOP: but since when was he so obviously scummy?
To me. Case soon.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

MaxMouse
MaxMouse
Townie
MaxMouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by MaxMouse »

Continued:

BV: Perhaps your role is a big modfuck? I've done similar things before to players.

Pom: I would very much appreciate if you didn't say something is obvious and leave it at that. I'd really like to know all of your reasons as it would not only help me, but it would engage a discussion that could possibly include valuable responses from Charter on those reasons (thereby helping us decide if your reasons are valid)

Preview Edit: You say soon, I'll wait for it.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by bv310 »

MaxMouse wrote:Continued:

BV: Perhaps your role is a big modfuck? I've done similar things before to players.
I would hope that it actually does something.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Stuff on charter
-

ISO 7
charter wrote:Also suspicious of Pom, I think twice now she's questioned 'wagons' but for no reason other than it's a wagon. She's not doing the town questioning of it, but the scum kind.
I don't like the way charter misrepresents me; I explained myself both times. And I don't have anything against wagons that have reasoning I agree with backing them up.

ISO 8

charter wrote:
MaxMouse wrote:
charter wrote:Also suspicious of Pom, I think twice now she's questioned 'wagons' but for no reason other than it's a wagon. She's not doing the town questioning of it, but the scum kind.
It would please me greatly if you elaborated on this. I just want to know how you define scum and town questioning in order for me to understand your suspicion.
Re: Beloved's wagon, she said she didn't like the wagon. Didn't elaborate or question the votes she didn't like (
unless mine was the only one she had an issue with
). I actually asked her to elaborate, but instead of answering my questions, she tried to spin an attack on to me.
Re: Alamaster's wagon,
it's not as bad when I reread it, but she says she understands the dramonic wagon, but doesn't think he's scummy. It's pretty much playing both sides but not committing one way or the other.
She's free to change her mind later once the direction the wind is blowing gets established.

If she were town, and legitimately thought either of these wagons was poor, I would expect her to explain why she thought they are poor, and question those voting. What Pom did was be very vague and kind of test out the waters.

She also just laid down a lurker vote on Bv, but didn't mention our other lurker, Beloved. A lurker vote at this time is a pretty safe thing to do if you're scum. No one is going to question voting for a lurker, because lurking should be punished, but at the same time,
she isn't asking Bv any questions or giving him any reason to post. She's just keeping her nose clean.
I see this was in response to Alamaster asking her who she's suspicious of, and she comes back with the lurker vote and nothing else.
Regarding the blue: Your vote
was
the only vote on the wagon I had a problem with. I explained myself many times. Why did you keep bringing this up?
Regarding the red: I had explained myself, and after this I recall explaining myself again. Again, there's no reason to bring something up again that's already been explained, and you admit that "it's not as bad when I (you) reread it."
Regarding the green: What questions should I ask him, if he hasn't done anything? It was a pressure vote, pure pressure. The point is for the lurker to see that there's a vote on him to get him to post, not to ask him questions.
charter wrote:Pom, what do you think of Kitoari? Scummy, townish, null, other?
Kitoari, what do you think of Pom? Scummy, townish, null, other?
I don't like the way you ask question to make it appear that you're scumhunting, but never follow up on them in any way.

ISO 10

charter wrote:
Alamaster wrote:Pom starting this wagon is bad, but these people getting on it are even more opportunistic.
Agree with this completely.
What, you demand multiple explanations for every move I make, but only explain that me starting a wagon as 'bad'? What is 'bad' about it?
charter wrote:Right now, Pom is screaming scum to me, but last time that happened, she was town, so I'm sticking with Kitoari for now.
Okay, so this confused me. Because if you think someone is really scummy, why don't you vote that person? Later in ISO 14 you say that "they're (meta arguments) useful, though not iron clad." If that's the case, why do you not vote your top suspect for because of some meta, that seems flimsy-

This is you: Last time Pom seemed scummy, she was town! So now I'll vote Kitoari! Even though meta (on her) isn't that important!

ISO 14

charter wrote:I had forgotten MaxMouse was in this game until his post, so I looked at his other posts. I'm not sure if he or Kitoari is the bigger active lurker. But it appears Kitoari has flaked, so..

unvote, vote MaxMouse

MaxMouse, there's plenty of stuff you can talk about without having a replacement here, there's still like ten other players. Do you think FakeGod is scum? What about Pom? You still going on about Chronopie or what?
Why do ask of MM thinks that FG is scum, if you yourself have not given an opinion on FG?

ISO 16

charter wrote:I don't see how talking often correlates to helping the town. As far as I know, scum are free to post as much as they want, doesn't mean it's helpful to the town.

You post often, but a lot of them aren't remotely helpful to the town.

And, to debate your reasoning just for the hell of it, MaxMouse has 14 posts in 8 pages, and discounting mod posts and all that, comes out to pretty much 1/12th of the posts.
And you, charter, post infrequently, and when I do the math (subtracting mod posts), you have definitely posted fewer than 1/12 of the posts in this game- 21 posts in 301 player post, after subtracting RBT's posts. And four of you posts (specifically, ISO posts 6,9,17, and 21) have been things like 'I've been prodded' and "I'll catch up tonight."

ISO 18 & 19

charter wrote:Not opposed to the dram wagon, only thing worrying me is that everyone I'm suspicious of is voting dramonic (though he's given good reason for people to vote him).
charter wrote:
InflatablePie wrote:2) This sounds kinda fencesitting-ish or possibly buddy-distancing? Or I'm crazy. FoS charter.
I'm saying I think the case against dramonic is a good one, but I don't like how all the people I'm suspicious of made easy wagon votes on him. His wagon looks scum fueled to me, hence why I'm not voting him.
So you're "not opposed to the dram wagon", BUT you're suspicious of everyone voting him. Even worse, you think think "the case against dramonic is a good one" but everyone "made easy wagon votes on him". And you never explain what you don't like about the dram wagon, or even give a clear opinion on the leading wagon of the day at all. You contradict yourself and don't make sense. And the way you go against the dram wagon (while not being "opposed to it"), and then dram flipping scum... very, very scummy in my eyes.

VOTE: charter.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Hey, I'm back. In case you didn't see, I was V/LA.

The fact that dram flipped scum and charter avoided that wagon LIKE THE PLAGUE looks INSANELY suspicious. I had a bad gut feeling about him yesterday (his scumhunting felt more ... forced than the prior times I've played with him), and that feels even worse today. HOWEVER, I think that, in general, ANYONE WHO DIDN'T VOTE DRAM IS SUSPICIOUS. Because in 10/2 I think scum would be less likely to bus. I don't even know how we decided this was 10/2, but apparently somebody did.

I do want to hear from charter before we do anything, though.

bv310 you are just being dumb, stop.

Finally, the NK was weird. If you iso Chronopie, he didn't really do anything. Except vote bv310.

You could be like, HURRRR WIFOM.

Or you could be like, person who suspects bv310 is killed, bv310 starts day by making bad votes against person who tried really, really hard to lynch his partner and did so.
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by Jarti »

FakeGod wrote:@Jarti: you could just tell us...
It's largely based on my being able to follow his thought process or not; once charter tells me who he thinks the play for today is, I'll outline it in more detail.

Brandi, besides speculation on if there's a 2 person or 3 person scum team, who do you think is the play today?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:40 am

Post by InflatablePie »

unvote, vote: charter

For now, although a Kit lynch would be a swell idea. I'll jump back there if I get more support since my gut is leaning more towards Kit. Logic > Gut though and Pom makes a very good case, so I'll switch.

They're both great options though.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:06 am

Post by FakeGod »

InflatablePie wrote:
unvote, vote: charter

For now, although a Kit lynch would be a swell idea. I'll jump back there if I get more support since my gut is leaning more towards Kit. Logic > Gut though and Pom makes a very good case, so I'll switch.

They're both great options though.
I'm willing to lynch either, but I'm going to withhold my vote until Charter gets back.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”