Newbie 970 - Quietville - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
[O]rphen
[O]rphen
Townie
[O]rphen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by [O]rphen »

ah ok
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Sleepless Assassin wrote:Nacho, there's a major difference between Xite's vote and my own. When Xite voted, the only vote on Reverse was yours. So she made a second vote and was basically just following you. When I voted, there was already a good wagon and momentum to make the lynch happen to the point where it's basically Reverse or No Lynch. Xite had more options at the time she voted.
Wait, sleepless, so I'm suspicious for agreeing with an argument, and then voting based on said argument?
And you're not because you're obviously following a bandwagon for the sake of wagoning?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:10 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

No. You are scummy for other stuff earlier in the game.

What I wanted to know when I asked the question was why you chose Nacho's argument to follow. Then someone pointed out that I'd done the same thing, so I explained why I voted. It's not exactly "sake of wagoning". More of "oh, a deadline and someone close to a lynch".
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Xite91 »

So I can't help start something for the sake of people like you that wait till there's a good wagon before they jump on?
If no one had initiative this game would fall into stalemate

Also, Hey guys sorry about this but I just spent about 12 hours at the hospital, and then about 9 hours sleeping because of medicine and lack of sleep. Now I'm on fun medication that makes me super loopy so I'm going to try to play the game but I have to warn everyone how bad that could be. That being said, I lack all energy to scumhunt at the moment, so I'll save you guys the trouble unless I feel it necessary to point out something.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Rain »

... um... Is this inactivity normal, or should we send our mod a PM?
All cats die. Socrates died. Therefore, Socrates was a cat.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Rain wrote:... um... Is this inactivity normal, or should we send our mod a PM?
If Wolf was online he would probably have left us a message or something, so I assume he is unable to get online.

I've sent a PM to our games backup mod Incognito.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:34 am

Post by Incognito »

Hi. I'm the backup mod.

I've been alerted of the situation so just let me catch up on what's happened before I figure out how to handle this. Gimme a few minutes.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:58 am

Post by Incognito »

Ok so by my count, Day 1 is officially over and this is the final vote count:
Final Vote Count of Day 1 wrote:
Reverse Simplicity (5) - Nachomamma8, Xite91, Rain, Mirhawk, Sleepless Assassin

Xite91 (1) - Orphen
Vayre (1) - Computing

Not Voting (2) - Reverse Simplicity, Vayre

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline for Day 1 Ends July 9th 6pm PDT
Unfortunately, wolframnhart didn't send the set-up information to me nor did he send the roles to me. So I can't show you guys a lynch scene yet.

Could you guys all send PMs to me saying what role it is that you got in this game? If I get enough PMs from all of the players, I might be able to keep this game going. I'll give you guys about 48 hours to do so. Thanks.

Also, I don't have the power to lock the thread, so please don't post any further until I figure this out. Consider the game in Night 1 right now.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Incognito »

Ok, so I somehow managed to recover all of the roles. Vayre has requested replacement due to real life issues though, so I'll be looking for one for him.

In the meantime...

Reverse Simplicity has been lynched. He was a
Vanilla Townie

It is now Night 1. Please submit all Night actions in to me within 72 hours of this post. Game will not restart until I find a replacement for Vayre.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:21 am

Post by Incognito »

mastermind replaces Vayre effective immediately. Thanks, mastermind.

Night 1 will continue in the same timeframe.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Incognito »

It was a rough night last night. Your mod got replaced, people were all unusually talkative trying to figure things out, and it kinda made the mafia a bit antsy to just KILL someone already. Well, they finally got their chances once you all got to sleep. And who did they kill, you might ask? That new guy, mastermind. Poor dude.

mastermind,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 1

It is now Day 2. With 7 living, 4 will do it. Your Day 2 deadline is set for Friday, August 6th at 1 P.M. EST.
mastermind
mastermind
Goon
mastermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:16 am

Post by mastermind »

:( haha oh well

Go Town!
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by Rain »

(I'm going to talk as though Mastermind has never replaced Vayre, since it makes no practical difference. We do appreciate your help though, Mastermind)

Vayre's death leaves me puzzled. On the surface, it looks as if the mafia scums rid our town of a lurker, promoting discussion by cutting off dead weight. A quick re-read of the thread indicates that a few people found him slightly pro-town, others found him slightly pro-scum but for the same reason; he hasn't posted anything worthwhile in 6 posts, as Nacho pointed out.

In fact, in Nacho's 221 post indicates that Vayre would be a likely candidate for a D2 lynch. It looks as if by killing Vayre on the first night, the scums are denying themselves an easy mis-lynch for today.

A little WIFOM voice tells me that this town's mafia think a PR would lurk to survive N1, trying to pull off a night action. Or perhaps they think Vayre was a "safe" kill, that his death would not impact the dynamics of our relations very much. (I'm using 'relations' here to refer to the net of who votes for whom, who thinks whom is pro-town, etc.) Of course, Computing voted for Vayre but Computing was under pressure since deadline was fast approaching.

Now, all this is void if mafia were just randomly killing. This would actually be beneficial to us because we can find someone who has similar behavior; someone who acts brash, who has little attention to details, and/or who admits not reading the thread much. Personal bias directs my suspicions to Orphen, but this is only valid if the mafia scums are randomly shooting people at night.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

There has been no information on which game setup we are playing. They may have taken Vayre because they were unsure if there was a doctor in the game. After all, he would be pretty unlikely to receive protection.

Also, I doubt that that kill was random. The mafia almost certainly discussed this amongst themselves, and if that is the case then I don't think that they would just decide on a random kill.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I don't think discussing the Night Kill last night is a good idea. Even if we CAN somehow miraculously figure out why the mafia killed Vayre last night, it won't help us any.

I'm beginning the day with a
Vote: Sleepless Assassin
, for hammering a town player with an RVS reason.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Xite91 »

First, Nacho, why would discussing the night kill be a bad idea?
Other than the fact that it wasn't you or rain, I mean.
Rain is arguably the most pro-town player in this game, which would
A) Get him nk'd
B) Get him protected, which would make scum not want to nk him.

So there's an explanation on why scum wouldn't kill him.

But, with you Nacho, you lurk most of D1, then come in out of nowhere and say, hey lets vote a lurker! And everyone follows. But because you lurked so much, there's less of a chance that there would be a protection on you (especially if there's one on rain :P ) So considering that, why would you not be the prime candidate?

Also, this is a minuscule point to my case, but wouldn't scum want to lynch the most experienced player if given the chance? Especially if Vayre
was
just a random shot. It doesn't make sense to me why he was killed at all

Only problem is that I totally agree with you on sleepless. His hammer kind of irked me in the worst of ways, so for now I'll do this!

FoS Nachomamma

Vote:Sleepless
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Nacho, there is nothing RVS about an approaching deadline and one and only one wagon with enough momentum to lead to a lynch.

Yeah, talking about the kill is pretty pointless. Scum probably want us to do that, especially when the kill is someone who you wouldn't expect.

Vote Xite
for the same reasons as yesterday. I'd also like to add how happy she was to follow Nacho yesterday, yet today she is using the fact that he wasn't killed against him and yet follows his vote again.

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Hey sleepless, your OMGUS is showing ;)

I'm not following his vote so much as agreeing with it. would you like a whole case? I can conjure one if you like
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:41 am

Yeah because I wasn't trying to get you lynched all day yesterday or anything. :roll:

Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Rain »

Sleepless' hammer was hours before the deadline. Personally, any reason, short of a scum claim, would be sufficient. "cuz all the cool kids are doing it" may sound scummy, but it could also be interpreted as sarcasm, a literary device he frequently uses. You could almost call this his unique style of play. Xite, you may have to learn that, and love that, hun. :P
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Xite91 »

Lol, I love you rain, marry me?

Anyways, I understand it was a deadline lynch, I just didn't like the reasoning at all. He could have at least tried to add something.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Xite, if I either voted elsewhere or not at all, we had a no lynch. I was voting for the sake of voting and getting a lynch. Reasoning is posted to convince others. At that point, there was no one to convince. So I just voted and said whatever came to mind. Not a big deal. I think you are only blowing it up to attack my credibility because I'm the only one who seems to see your scunniness. Also, don't you have a boyfriend who would be upset if you married rain?

Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

I agree with Sleepless. Any point that he made on Reverse for his vote would have been effectively moot because it was a vote that had to be made regardless. Besides if had waited for Reverse to reveal then he might have missed his chance to place that last vote.

Also, on further reflection I don't think that Nachos list of possible lurkers to lynch had any chance of ending up on anyone other than Reverse. After all the town was unlikely to go for Nacho as he was the one that suggested the plan. Orphen was borderline too many posts to be a lurker (and the town was really divided on him anyways). As for Vayre and Reverse... well neither of them had many posts, but reverse had used questionable reasoning and never posted explanations that he had promised. Also a couple of people had already posted that they thought Vayre was town.

I'm not saying that it was scummy, I'm just curious if you were directly targeting Reverse Simplicity?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@Xite: Never ask to provide a case.

@Mirhawk: Yes. I felt that the only way the town was going to come to a quick consensus was through a lurker lynch, and I also felt that the lurker with the highest chance of being scum was Reverse. My primary intent was just to get a lynch though, I wasn't trying to manipulae the town in lynching Reverse.

I'll explain the Sleepless case tomorrow; it wasn't the hammer that made him scummy, but how he hammered.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Ok, I know I said I wouldn't look into the NK, but...
Mirhawk wrote:As for Vayre and Reverse... well neither of them had many posts, but reverse had used questionable reasoning and never posted explanations that he had promised. Also a couple of people had already posted that they thought Vayre was town.
Hmm...
Mirhawk wrote:Also a couple of people had already posted that they thought Vayre was town

Mirhawk noticing this about a player who is now dead kinda has alarms going off in my head.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”