Mini 961: Insane Asylum II: GAME OVER :O!

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:29 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm surprised it was Haylen, honestly. I would have voted her, but Corvuus wanted to hammer.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Corvuus »

wow.

SC, i officially believe you. There is still a chance (very small to me now) that you could be SK (with your role as fully claimed) but you are most likely town. Either way, both scum groups (DGB; haylen-Dram) have tried to lynch you so whatever you are, you are a non-mafia party.
Most likely Haylen roleblock didnt affect that scum group, no superkill, picked Iece for going after Haylen.

--------

I don't know how this could be balanced for town to have any chance at winning (if SC is also a SK. SC-NK immune town might be the 'ultimate' survivor vs mafia teams) but it seems most likely that there are 2 scum groups of 2. Haylen and Dram is a likely scumpairing (if they had 3, then they wanted to lynch SC to try to instant win... 1 scum group of 2, 1 scum group of 3 or two groups of 2....... yeah...).

-----------

Ok.
If I am still alive tomorrow I will give a full claim for my unspecified ability but for now my ability works something like this:

I pick a target player. Night kill attempt on that player will result in the death of the night-killing player. Regarding specific details, I'll say tomorrow if I am around... what I crumbed and other details and such. If I do pick someone other than myself, it is going to be Tar since SC is NK immune. So scum should try to kill scum unless you want to risk automatic death to me.

Corvuus
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

but it seems most likely that there are 2 scum groups of 2.
What? Why?
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by dramonic »

Corvuss, Haylen flipped
serial

It doesn't take too much to gather she was a SK.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Corvuus »

yeah, well, i see it more as "serial" is probably the other non-DGB scum group.

Or did you ask SC if he is SK thinking that we had two serial killers?

Either way, I couldn't careless which interpretation you guys think. Either 1 DGB-scum group with 2 partners, Haylen SK or 1 DGB-scum group plus 1 Haylen scum group. People are going to die, I'm just thinking it is going to be scum and it will eliminate and illuminate at the same time.

Corvuus
p.s. enjoy your night kill choices
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Corvuus »

oh btw,

serial medical administrator means to you that she was a SK, plus global roleblock/lockdown (which happened) plus medical so doc/cabal part?

plus iece was *shot*, not doc slashed and most likely haylen did kill iece (or at least her 'scum group' did) and so Serial killer with shot wording even though doc flavor?

so yeah, screw that. I'm fine with my 2 scum group theory and we'll see if/when people flip. I wouldn't be surprised by multiple deaths tonight at all.

C
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Making sense of Corvuus takes awhile for me, but it's entirely possible that he's town. I don't want to give my thoughts as to the last part of #1151 to avoid giving scum reading the thread an advantage, but I have played the rare 8:2:2 under UK.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

.... I'm not fine with your 2 scum group theory.
.... do you have any basis to back this up? Because the evidence strongly implies that Haylen was an SK. You're telling me that one group is named "serial" and another group is named "mafia"? I find your hypothesis highly unlikely not only on the grounds of common sense, but also on the grounds that Umineko's mafia groups were both "[something] mafia"
plus iece was *shot*, not doc slashed and most likely haylen did kill iece (or at least her 'scum group' did) and so Serial killer with shot wording even though doc flavor?

um... what?
I wouldn't be surprised by multiple deaths tonight at all.
I wouldn't either seeing as how we were planning on it.
serial medical administrator means to you that she was a SK, plus global roleblock/lockdown (which happened) plus medical so doc/cabal part?
Well, there's no evidence she could actually protect.

Basically, the only way the plan fails is if Corvuus and SP are mafia together.
Since I find this scenario to be unlikely, I plan to go through with my night action plot.

If we don't win tomorrow, lynch SP.
Show
Win-Loss
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Corvuus »

nothing left for me to say.
If I'm wrong and it is 3 scum team + haylen SK, then we'll find out pretty quickly once flips happen.

If haylen is SK and tar thinks so too, then do you really think he is going to vig tonight in 5 player lylo?

But whatever, do whatever you want. If I, Tar, SC survive tonight, then go town.
C
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Yeah, I do.

Look, at worst its 2/3 we hit scum
dramonic, SP, and Coorvus.

Anyway, I plan I using my ability, if tar decides not to vig, that's his decision, and I'm perfectly fine with leaving that to tar.
Show
Win-Loss
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:11 am

Post by dramonic »

pretty sure Tar is going to slash my neck to bits.
Or whatever flavour you wanna make of it.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:30 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Gonna resolve this early since I have work to do

After apparently the events that ended the previous were lost to the mists of time or something, everyone settled in restlessly. Very little talking was done as the extent of corruption in the staff was beginning to become apparent. But most disturbingly, it seemed that none of the inmates had been found guilty of the crime against the warden.

When day broke and the warden demanded everyone wake up, it was trudging, preparing for another grueling day of accusations. At this point, the dead body in the room was just another part of waking up. They grimly identified the body, and found that he had nothing to do with the crime, and was in fact the last of the staff members.

The crime was amongst them, and only them now. They hoped they could find the person willing to kill to defend their theft...before they themselves were killed.

Tarhalindur, Miller Doctor, has been shot N3
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:30 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

The Fortieth "Start of Day Four" Vote Count

"W3 H4V3 TH3 B3ST TRO11 J3GUS!"

Mod Note: Well then.

1. magnus_orion (0)
2. StrangerCoug (0)
3. SocioPath (0)
4. Corvuus (0)
11. Dramonic (0)

Not Voting (5): SocioPath, magnus_orion, Corvuus, StrangerCoug, Dramonic

Prod Clock (New): Off
Players still needing to respond to prod: No One

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch
Deadline is in 14 days at 12:00 AM EST, Monday, July 26th, 2010
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Corvuus »

Tarhalindur wrote:Summary of claims so far:

Tarhalindur*
(Doctor (confirmed sane by N1 result), investigation miller, member of the Cabal with associated ability to daytalk in Cabal QT, 1-shot ability to reverse cop sanities globally for one night)
I investigated Tar last night. I got a guilty result.

Previous results were guilty on SC miller and a no result due to haylen roleblock.
So I know I am not naive but could be sane, insane, paranoid.

If sane -> why guilty on tar since MO claimed sanity reversal. (unless Tar also used his global cop reversal?)
If insane -> MO used his sanity reversal so I got guilty on miller tar... but doesnt make sense with guilty on SC miller. So i'm probably not insane unless reversal happened the first night as well.
If paranoid -> does sanity reversal happen at all/first or paranoid is automatic guilty regardless miller/sanity reversals?

I'll think about it a little more but I doubt cop investigation will determine this game. So it might not be important unless I survive and get an innocent result.
-----------------------------------------

Magnus: You think scumteam is Dram and SP? (vig dram, lynch SP yesterday).
SC/SP/Dram: who do you think is scum?

----------

For my claim:

My ability only affects inmates. This is why Farside (and myself) were asking at various points "are you inmate", or to dram "do you have inmate ability". Everyone remaining in this game can post at night though, so I think it is safe to assume you are all inmates. I added my 'small caveat' to make sure that SC is also an inmate.

The ability I said overnight is a lie but my ability amounted to it for just that one night if Magnus really did sanity reversal. My ability turns action 'naive'. This is not night kill immune or anything like that since naive killers still kill. however, if I was targeted with a nk by an inmate, it would become naive, and then sanity flip to paranoid resulting in the night killers supposed death if they target me. This is not confirmed by mod or anything but my assumption.

Other than the potential use last night (which is completely dependent on Magnus reversal) my ability is utterly useless to me. I die from everything, docs are immune so can protect/kill me, and investigation is already quite screwed in this game.

When I said 'saving grace' and that it is dependent on MO using his 'reversal ability', Tar probably guessed that it was something like this. I claimed since I don't know for sure MO had/used his ability (in 2 scum team scenario, which yes, i now see it as very unlikely... it just surprised me and if 2 scum teams, MO would be in one of them in that case), and it might offer some protection for me and tar and, if scum didn't believe and tried to kill me, then they stood a good chance of dying if my interpretation is correct.

---

Thinking about tar's analysis. 1 of haylen/dram (haylen SK, so dram scum) and 1 of SP/MO. I consider SC as town now.

Corvuus
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Corvuus »

edit by way of post:

in my 2nd to last paragraph, I lied claimed last night because of haylenSK flip and my interpretation and try to offer some 'mindgame' defense for tar. Tar did mention that he thought scum must have a sanity immune role so scum might have figured out things enough like tar/my ability is sanity based.
C
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:10 am

Post by SocioPath »

Haylen being an SK is baffling.

How could DGB AND Haylen use the same crap logic when it came to the Cabal, and NOT be on the same side.
Either ONE of them could have EASILY pushed for the other, and yet, neither did.

OH WELL.
WORKS FOR ME.

This whole 2 scum groups thing is dumb though.

SC is much more likely town, but I still CANNOT wrap my head around a KILLING ROLE that is NK IMMUNE.

For scum, Dram seems to be the best bet.
All of the 1 of Dram/Haylen is mafia still applies.
As Haylen was not mafia.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Corvuus wrote:SC/SP/Dram: who do you think is scum?
dramonic I'm pretty sold on for reasons that can be easily figured out by someone reading. I wouldn't know off-hand who else with an initial 8:3:1, but right now I think you are the best contender for third Mafia. SocioPath needs a reread before I'm sure about him, though.

magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:55 am

Post by magnus_orion »

SP, who did you target?
Show
Win-Loss
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:50 am

Post by SocioPath »

magnus_orion wrote:SP, who did you target?
Myself, as I am immune.
Why do you ask?
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:35 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Trying to figure out what happened last night.
Most likely scenario from my point of view is I was roleblocked.
Or one of the mafia has the exact same power and used it last night.
Show
Win-Loss
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Corvuus »

Still waiting to hear from Dram.
---
MO: are you going to elaborate? Or did you use global and you could use a 1-shot ability at same time?

C
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by dramonic »

May I help you?
I'm a hoot
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

MO: are you going to elaborate? Or did you use global and you could use a 1-shot ability at same time?
Is any elaboration necessary?
We went over that yesterday. I can only use one ability a night. My global ability is one of my 1-shot abilities.

I have a handful of questions for you.
Why tar?
Why do you believe Iec was killed by haylen?
Why did you think that there were two groups of two? Regardless of what you think now, how did you arrive at that conclusion, or thought? I don't expect it to have come out of thin air, there must be some thought behind that kind of speculation.
Also, could you elaborate on your "setup hatred" comments yesterday?
dramonic wrote:May I help you?
Thoughts?
Show
Win-Loss
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Corvuus »

well, i can elaborate explicitly but you should as well since what you said doesn't make sense unless you expected tar to vig in lylo, or at least, i dont see why you think your global ability got roleblocked. It is lylo, so elaborate. SC is the only cleared town to me right now and a haylen SK flip doesn't clear you at all.

===
Especially since most of your questions are already answered by me.

Why tar for cop investigation? - answered.

Why believe Iece was killed by haylen? Double answered. First, when I thought SC was SK and superkill existed, and then when Haylen flipped SK + global roleblock/doesn't affect her own kill. This also gets into the issue of 'nightkill flavor' (shot versus a doc haylen kill flavor). It is possible mafia killed Iece, I just don't see why not kill Tar first.

---

To answer the next question, you would have to understand me. I expected a scum flip, not a SK flip. Once I have an idea in my head, I am relatively stubborn about it if it makes sense to me at the time. You can ask SC about it or about me overall.

---

I've already mentioned why for my 'setup hatred' in several parts. If you don't see it now, then you probably just won't. Claims, mod sanity list, your role (global, jack of all, not fitting the list), SP's role (psychologist not in mason), my 'naive' ability that only works on inmates (naive affect being useless).

---

MO: Thoughts? elaborate? What is your scum team?

C
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Could you please explain in great detail, because you assume too much of my ability to read between lines by thinking you've actually explained these sufficiently. I want to KNOW your thought process that leads you to these conclusions, and I'm not really concerned with why you insisted on them as much as why you reached them, which you must understand are too different things.
If you feel you've answered my questions sufficiently in the past, please quote your answers.
well, i can elaborate explicitly but you should as well since what you said doesn't make sense unless you expected tar to vig in lylo, or at least, i dont see why you think your global ability got roleblocked. It is lylo, so elaborate. SC is the only cleared town to me right now and a haylen SK flip doesn't clear you at all.
If you think I'm scum, post a case. I won't back off unless I feel I've been answered throughly.

What would you like me to elaborate on? Be specific.
My thoughts:
The scum is among Corvuus, SP, or Dramonic.
Dramonic has been scummy, and certain voting patterns point to him. Further, since I believe I was roleblocked, given the results Corvuus claimed, and the fact that the mafia kill went through, when it shouldn't if Tar doesn't reverse kill sanity, then this directly benefits dramonic, and prevents his death, which scum wouldn't get in the way of had he been town.
Corvuus's speculations suggest he is a sole partner to DGB. This would explain why he believes that there were two scum teams of 2. Tar is a strange target, considering everyone was of the opinion tar was town, and SC was town, giving Corvuus plenty of sanity evidence, plus, gathering sanity evidence while going into what he believes to be lylo is a strange action
SP's claim is the only "staff member" style claim that wasn't part of the "staff"
Finally, the flavor text this morning said "person", suggesting a sole remaining scum, but I'm not sure how much weight to put into that.

I don't have a scum team yet, we have all day to discuss.
Show
Win-Loss

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”