DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:18 am

Post by DavidParker »

well... i feel like i should claim.. hopefully it doesn't have to come to that, but once someone posts their intent to hammer me i'll claim..
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:23 am

Post by DavidParker »

besyand bit toomuch drink will post later tomorrowerr cuse worldcup night long here
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:00 am

Post by AGar »

... 5 minutes to get to the I-cant-type-properly-because-I-drank-too-much stage? Lightweight.

@screl - you're admitting to bussing then?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:03 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

screll and AWA are clearly stalling. Waiting for inactives when the mod can't find any is a perfect way to cause the active players to lose interest in this game.

@David: I consider AWA's post a pretty clear intent to hammer.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:05 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

AWA is trying to work up the balls to bus.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am

Post by AGar »

@Mod: Is your previous votecount correct? Specifically, votes for My Milked Eek.

It should be.
Last edited by chauchaudotcom on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
screl1
screl1
Goon
screl1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by screl1 »

AGar wrote:... 5 minutes to get to the I-cant-type-properly-because-I-drank-too-much stage? Lightweight.

@screl - you're admitting to bussing then?
no, just giving time for replacements like I said. I can even tell you my time line right now, I will vote for him on the 15th because I will be gone on the 16th.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by AGar »

Why do you feel the need to stall until the deadline? Chauchau can't find replacements, and it's unlikely that she's going to find both in 4 days and that they will be fully caught up.

Your stalling reeks of major hesitation to bus your partner.

screl1
screl1
Goon
screl1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by screl1 »

1 is better than none, and why do you feel the need to rush into this lynch? Better yet tell me what the greater benefit is of lynching today with no replacements vs waiting a few days, possibly getting 1 or 2 new players, and still making the same lynch.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Screl1:
Why do you feel this lynch is rushed?
@AWA:
Explain to me the benifits of waiting?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
AWA
AWA
Goon
AWA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by AWA »

The way I see it, I have two options: Hammer, or wait.

Let's analyze each:

Hammer: We discover immediately David's role. The day ends.

Wait: We allow people time to post. The day continues, and David is still a hair's breadth from bring lynched should it become evident that nothing else will be obtained from waiting.

The logical option is to wait; by allowing for more time to pass before ending the chance for discussion, we do nothing except give ourselves more opportunity for gaining information.

I now ask you in turn: Why are you eager to kill David now, when he's so close to being killed anyway?
Show
Generation
: The
first
time you see this message, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

You just lost The Game.

My name is Glenn Dawson. I'm a noun.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Copper »

DP, unless people have abandoned your wagon, I'd strongly recommend you claim in your next post. Better early than too late.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Equinox »

screl1 wrote:I see no reason to rush the end of day one. Worst case scenario - nothing changes, best case scenario - the inactives get replaced and we learn something about the new players.
On the other hand, we are wasting time twiddling our thumbs when we would be better served with a flip. If the past couple of days are any indication, we're not getting anything out of this with two inactive slots and a few other slots too busy to post.
AWA wrote:Think about it from my perspective. I would desire a TBM lynch, but this clearly isn't going to happen. The next person on my list is AGar, but that isn't going to happen either. Next would be David. If I keep my vote on TBM, but switch my sort-of vote to David, then my sort-of vote carries no weight. Simply having my vote on TBM is not pointless;
keeping
it on TBM when there is clearly no chance that he will be lynched is pointless.
All right. Seeing as you have DavidParker on your list of suspects anyway, there probably wasn't much point to keeping the vote on a bandwagon that's not getting anywhere. I wouldn't say the vote was completely pointless, though; you've let your stance known, and you can always come back to TheButtonmen on Day 2.
screl1 wrote:1 is better than none, and why do you feel the need to rush into this lynch? Better yet tell me what the greater benefit is of lynching today with no replacements vs waiting a few days, possibly getting 1 or 2 new players, and still making the same lynch.
Usually, more time in a day is good because one can get discussion going. That is not what is happening here. We have people posting "I'll come back later"-type posts, we have people saying they'll hammer later, and we have no other significant discussion going on. MichelSableheart has a point when he says active players are going to lose interest if we keep stalling.

tl;dr - Stop stalling, dammit. But don't drop the hammer until we've heard and discussed DavidParker's claim.
screl1
screl1
Goon
screl1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by screl1 »

TheButtonmen wrote:
@Screl1:
Why do you feel this lynch is rushed?
There are two ways to look at it, the lynch is being rushed or the ending of day 1 is being rushed. They both happen by the same action which is where the confusion might be. I am of the belief that the ending of day 1 is being rushed. As I have already said, worst case scenario is that nothing changes. I find it hard to see that as a large negative. Best case scenario is that inactives are replaced and it gives lurkers a chance to post more. The counter arguments that have been used are that 1.) Inactives have not been replaced and the odds are that they will not be. 2.) Active players will become inactive.

The first argument was made by AGar, which is just as worthless as when he attacked me over where I posted in the thread.

The second argument makes sense, but I think that if active people fall off, they will become active again once day 2 begins.

One last thing, AGar - you have been harping on me for not dropping the hammer as of yet, but you have failed to mention anything about AWA taking the same stance, why is that?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Well, I'm the cop, don't know my sanity, but I was trying to "town follow" as you described it because I didn't want to seem too pro-town and end up getting killed on one of the first few nights.. That's why I haven't tried to push anything apart from screl who has been obviously scummy (to me at least)
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:30 am

Post by AGar »

DavidParker wrote:Well, I'm the cop, don't know my sanity, but I was trying to "town follow" as you described it because I didn't want to seem too pro-town and end up getting killed on one of the first few nights.. That's why I haven't tried to push anything apart from screl who has been obviously scummy (to me at least)

/facepalm

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:33 am

Post by AGar »

screl1 wrote:One last thing, AGar - you have been harping on me for not dropping the hammer as of yet, but you have failed to mention anything about AWA taking the same stance, why is that?
Because I'm not going to repeat the same point twice. I figure AWA is intelligent enough to understand that if I'm unhappy with one person for action A, I'm probably unhappy with another for action A as well.

Besides, I get a scummier read from you, so I'd much rather see you hammer your partner (I don't believe DP's claim).

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:21 am

Post by DavidParker »

i'm actually serious this time :/
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:26 am

Post by Equinox »

Unvote, Vote: screl1
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:31 am

Post by DavidParker »

Also,
@ALL (apart from AgaR/ACM): the reason for agAR's post was because in 2 previous games I have claimed a PR as a VT. With that said, that's a meta of mine, I have realized doesn't work on this site..
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:32 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Votecount:

It takes seven to lynch!

Voting

DavidParker (5): My Milked Eek, TheButtonmen, Oso, AGar, MichelSableheart

My Milked Eek (1): screl1
screl1 (3): DavidParker, Copper, Equinox

Not Voting

Merlin, remussaidow, AWA

Deadline is in
days. July 16, 2010 at 10:00pm PST.

Sotty7 has replaced Merlin!!!!!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:42 am

Post by AGar »

Woo Sotty! Oi there!

And DP - the meta alone is enough, whether you say you're serious or not. You said the same thing last time. Also, ACM isn't in this game. Why should I feel that this time is any different?

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Morning. I'll be catching up ASAP
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:46 am

Post by DavidParker »

Oh wow, I somehow got ACM and TBM mixed up. They seem so similar.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:51 am

Post by AGar »

DavidParker wrote:Oh wow, I somehow got ACM and TBM mixed up. They seem so similar.
So you still haven't said why this claim is any different from the previous. Also, stop talking about 974. Still ongoing. My mistake for even bringing it up.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”